Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Walsall (a) 14:17 - Feb 2 with 30701 viewsSheffdale

As last week isn't it?
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 22:30 - Feb 2 with 2952 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 22:27 - Feb 2 by James1980

Any controversial decisions?

The free-kick from which Malcom Brown equalised was a little dubious.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 22:32 - Feb 2 with 2934 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 22:30 - Feb 2 by TVOS1907

The Oracle of Dalephi strikes again top man

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 22:57 - Feb 2 with 2831 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 22:30 - Feb 2 by TVOS1907

Is this the match where Hesford was in goal for Maidstone and his brother had the Queens in Littleborough ? I remember some connection with Warrington RL club. Or am I rambling... ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 00:26 - Feb 3 with 2649 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 22:57 - Feb 2 by SuddenLad

Is this the match where Hesford was in goal for Maidstone and his brother had the Queens in Littleborough ? I remember some connection with Warrington RL club. Or am I rambling... ??

I don't care if you are rambling. Tis awesome you potentially know that much about a game over 20 years ago

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 02:16 - Feb 3 with 2579 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 19:31 - Feb 2 by James1980

What are you suggesting

I’m suggesting that there are posters on here that only see fit to post when we lose and the thought of complimenting a good performance keeps them up at night.

Without mentioning names, as you all know who they are, there are people who are practically orgasmic at the thought of being able to post on here when we lose..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 02:31 - Feb 3 with 2573 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 19:56 - Feb 2 by rochdaleriddler

NOt really, I expressed my delight earlier. Bit odd you would say that, why would Dale fans be unhappy with a great win. Although you see the positives after a drubbing

Sorry but where did I say that fans should be unhappy? I’m saying that there are posters who think it’s mandatory to post when we lose, but disappear when we win..

Perhaps the G&T’s clouded your ability to understand basic english..

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 03:27 - Feb 3 with 2550 viewsrochdale_ranger

Rochdalefiddler strikes again.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 06:11 - Feb 3 with 2497 viewsSunningDale

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 02:31 - Feb 3 by sweetcorn

Sorry but where did I say that fans should be unhappy? I’m saying that there are posters who think it’s mandatory to post when we lose, but disappear when we win..

Perhaps the G&T’s clouded your ability to understand basic english..

Who? Who are these posters who are allegedly poised by their keyboards just waiting for the final whistle to go on a defeat? There maybe one or two I don't know, I don't frequent this board but whenever I'm on I just see the same 25-30 names posting regularly.....the way you and James bang on about it you'd think there was a whole army who can't wait to have a moan. If it bothers you that much then why not put them on ignore?

And I find that the moaners usually have legitimate gripes and their comments far less irritating than the 'hey, let's show everyone what a great positive guy I am even though we just got drubbed 4-0' types.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 06:37 - Feb 3 with 2471 viewsrichfoad32

Really happy with the performance and result yesterday. Though I guess as my last two away games were Wycombe and Oxford there really couldn't fail to be an improvement! Solid at the back, EEL was immense and ably assisted by Jim (even though he made his customary rick). McLaughlin looks promising and can put in a decent cross and Delaney put in a shift even though he's far from a natural left back.

There was a nice balance to the side and Hamilton and Holden both look up for the battle and don't appear to think it's beneath them having being loaned from 'bigger' clubs. The latter tired yesterday but I like what I've seen from him and EH looks a cut above.

Real dilemma for Hill now whether to stick with the same team or whether to try and accommodate the influx of new signings. Personally I think the eleven out there yesterday have more than deserved another chance. Surprised Clough wasn't even on the bench, maybe the paperwork wasn't completed in time? Also, it's a worry how we'll compensate when all these loanees have returned to their parent clubs but that's a problem for another time.

Finally, for all those who come on here complaining about the opposition time wasting, we were at it bad yesterday. Everybody does it.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 08:05 - Feb 3 with 2355 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 03:27 - Feb 3 by rochdale_ranger

Rochdalefiddler strikes again.

Hilarious Stockportstranger

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 09:15 - Feb 3 with 2185 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 22:57 - Feb 2 by SuddenLad

Iain Hesford (RIP) was in goal for Maidstone, although it was some years later before his brother, Steve, ran The Queens.

Iain then took over The Queens and later The Sun Hotel, before returning to run a guest house in Blackpool, where he sadly passed away in 2014.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 9:54]

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 09:19 - Feb 3 with 2167 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 06:37 - Feb 3 by richfoad32

Really happy with the performance and result yesterday. Though I guess as my last two away games were Wycombe and Oxford there really couldn't fail to be an improvement! Solid at the back, EEL was immense and ably assisted by Jim (even though he made his customary rick). McLaughlin looks promising and can put in a decent cross and Delaney put in a shift even though he's far from a natural left back.

There was a nice balance to the side and Hamilton and Holden both look up for the battle and don't appear to think it's beneath them having being loaned from 'bigger' clubs. The latter tired yesterday but I like what I've seen from him and EH looks a cut above.

Real dilemma for Hill now whether to stick with the same team or whether to try and accommodate the influx of new signings. Personally I think the eleven out there yesterday have more than deserved another chance. Surprised Clough wasn't even on the bench, maybe the paperwork wasn't completed in time? Also, it's a worry how we'll compensate when all these loanees have returned to their parent clubs but that's a problem for another time.

Finally, for all those who come on here complaining about the opposition time wasting, we were at it bad yesterday. Everybody does it.

Just finished watching the game back on iFollow. Although there are still some of the same old mistakes apparent (Walsall’s second goal from beginning to end, for example), it’s encouraging to see players in positions where you, as a supporter, have confidence in them being there.

EEL especially looks to have brought the above into the defence. Even Joe Bunney being thrown on did well and MJ beefed up the midfield when called upon.

Walsall had chances, too, so I would say this was was a good test of the way we may be heading.

Very pleasing and, hopefully, the beginning of a very definite move away from the bottom four.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 09:40 - Feb 3 with 2119 viewsisitme

It is good to hear feedback from people who are actually at the game. Massive game on Saturday to hopefully build some momentum.

I think we have lots of players out of contract in the summer, who will probably be released and a lot of new faces brought in for next season. I suspect the volume of loan players is just tiding us over as we do not want to be saddled with players who will just be sitting in the stands, like we did earlier in the season. Hopefully next season we will have a squad with a better balance and maybe a bit more quality and a little less depth.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 09:50 - Feb 3 with 2095 viewsrochdaleriddler

Lillis does it from kick off!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 09:57 - Feb 3 with 2067 viewsdawlishdale

Yesterday could well turn out to be a vital win. Two teams on poor runs, and it's full credit to Dale that we came out on top.
Big well done to all at the club, and perhaps a platform on which to build.

The league table looks a lot better this morning.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 10:01 - Feb 3 with 2053 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 16:57 - Feb 2 by D_Alien

Massive, massive morale-boosting win

Just what we needed.

34 points on the board and 15 games to go.

The last third of the season now and 18 more points to see us safe.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 10:18 - Feb 3 with 1991 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 09:40 - Feb 3 by isitme

It is good to hear feedback from people who are actually at the game. Massive game on Saturday to hopefully build some momentum.

I think we have lots of players out of contract in the summer, who will probably be released and a lot of new faces brought in for next season. I suspect the volume of loan players is just tiding us over as we do not want to be saddled with players who will just be sitting in the stands, like we did earlier in the season. Hopefully next season we will have a squad with a better balance and maybe a bit more quality and a little less depth.

Yup, doubtless Hill already has a list of potential targets for the off season, although that could be dependant on what division we're in. As I said, it's good to see that all the loanees who played yesterday seemed up for the battle, which isn't always the case. Very early days but maybe if Hamilton continues to impress and hopefully enjoys his time here then Man Utd might be well disposed to us taking him again next season. Holden is raw and looks lightweight on occasion but I like him and I think he's out of contract in the summer so maybe we could sort summat out. Ebanks unfortunately we've got no chance, regardless of our league status.

I just hope that there is at least some continuity in the squad and not a massive turnover of players in the summer, although there is some dead wood that definitely needs clearing out.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 10:22 - Feb 3 with 1968 viewsaleanddale

EEL looks immense!!

Now this fella is exactly what we needed and looks the real deal.

No Idea how Hilly pulled off this signing but it could be the difference between league 1 and league 2 next season.

Up the Dale!!
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 10:45 - Feb 3 with 1896 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 10:22 - Feb 3 by aleanddale

EEL looks immense!!

Now this fella is exactly what we needed and looks the real deal.

No Idea how Hilly pulled off this signing but it could be the difference between league 1 and league 2 next season.

Up the Dale!!

EEL is a defender who is going to win/save us points. No nonsense defending and can play a bit too. A step above anyone we have had for a few years and it shows. He and Hamilton along with Hendo the first 3 on the team sheet for me
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 10:54 - Feb 3 with 1872 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 02:16 - Feb 3 by sweetcorn

I’m suggesting that there are posters on here that only see fit to post when we lose and the thought of complimenting a good performance keeps them up at night.

Without mentioning names, as you all know who they are, there are people who are practically orgasmic at the thought of being able to post on here when we lose..

And there are posters who like to criticise other Dale fans, when they raise legitimate points.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 10:56 - Feb 3 with 1858 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 10:45 - Feb 3 by Nigeriamark

EEL is a defender who is going to win/save us points. No nonsense defending and can play a bit too. A step above anyone we have had for a few years and it shows. He and Hamilton along with Hendo the first 3 on the team sheet for me

I have been mightily impressed.

still loads of work to be done though.

Just had a look and it took 34 games to get to 34 points last season so we are doing a little better this season.

The date of the 34th game ( Wimbledon home ) was the 17th March!!

Just how did we pull that great escape off last season??? it still beggars belief!.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 11:00 - Feb 3 with 1838 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 09:15 - Feb 3 by TVOS1907

Iain Hesford (RIP) was in goal for Maidstone, although it was some years later before his brother, Steve, ran The Queens.

Iain then took over The Queens and later The Sun Hotel, before returning to run a guest house in Blackpool, where he sadly passed away in 2014.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 9:54]

Thankyou for that TVOS. The deep recesses were churning with that lot. I'm sorry to say that I didn't know he'd passed away. Must have been very young. Very sad.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 11:07 - Feb 3 with 1818 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 06:11 - Feb 3 by SunningDale

Who? Who are these posters who are allegedly poised by their keyboards just waiting for the final whistle to go on a defeat? There maybe one or two I don't know, I don't frequent this board but whenever I'm on I just see the same 25-30 names posting regularly.....the way you and James bang on about it you'd think there was a whole army who can't wait to have a moan. If it bothers you that much then why not put them on ignore?

And I find that the moaners usually have legitimate gripes and their comments far less irritating than the 'hey, let's show everyone what a great positive guy I am even though we just got drubbed 4-0' types.

The way i bang on? I’ve made one post about it..

A whole army is also a stretch there are 3 or 4 postsrs who haven’t posted since the win and it’s not just a coincidence as it happens after every win

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 11:09 - Feb 3 with 1805 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 10:18 - Feb 3 by richfoad32

Yup, doubtless Hill already has a list of potential targets for the off season, although that could be dependant on what division we're in. As I said, it's good to see that all the loanees who played yesterday seemed up for the battle, which isn't always the case. Very early days but maybe if Hamilton continues to impress and hopefully enjoys his time here then Man Utd might be well disposed to us taking him again next season. Holden is raw and looks lightweight on occasion but I like him and I think he's out of contract in the summer so maybe we could sort summat out. Ebanks unfortunately we've got no chance, regardless of our league status.

I just hope that there is at least some continuity in the squad and not a massive turnover of players in the summer, although there is some dead wood that definitely needs clearing out.

I'd also add that Holden puts across some cracking corners.

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 11:11 - Feb 3 with 1800 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 11:00 - Feb 3 by SuddenLad

Thankyou for that TVOS. The deep recesses were churning with that lot. I'm sorry to say that I didn't know he'd passed away. Must have been very young. Very sad.

He was an excellent landlord at The Sun, as the likes of roccydaleian and TheHitman will testify.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024