Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Walsall (a) 14:17 - Feb 2 with 30702 viewsSheffdale

As last week isn't it?
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:00 - Feb 2 with 4073 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 16:58 - Feb 2 by 442Dale

Great win. Really big three points.

Credit to Hill and his players, a result which backs up the recent improvement in performances. Time to capitalise with two home games coming up now.

One home game...

But something that Dale regulars can look forward to, with new players and seemingly a new spirit in the camp

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:00 - Feb 2 with 4068 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Brilliant Win and 3 points. Up The Dale, Up The Dale, Up the Dale.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:01 - Feb 2 with 4059 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 16:57 - Feb 2 by D_Alien

Massive, massive morale-boosting win

HUGE WIN. Lucky in the last 10 mins with backs to the wall. Probably deserved it. EEL my MOM due to 2 brilliant pieces of defending + a goal. Camps had one of his better games this season. Lillis very solid too. Delaney knackered in the last 10 mins which was why I was surprised Bi=Nunez did not come on for him

Very very pleased with that. Hilly looks like his loan/transfer business may just have pulled a few rabbits out of the hat. Get a win next week then a weeks rest & more time for the new ones to bed in in training
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:02 - Feb 2 with 4034 viewsMolly

An excellent and important win for several reasons. Well done Dale.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:03 - Feb 2 with 4013 viewsMancDale

Brilliant win! Five more of those plus a handful of draws and we should be OK. Not going to be easy but far from impossible either.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:03 - Feb 2 with 4013 views1907

That’s one for “Team Rochdale”
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:04 - Feb 2 with 3983 viewsDaleFan7

Good win. Hopefully something to build on and can spark something at home too.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:07 - Feb 2 with 3918 viewskiwidale

Just finished my first slice of humble pie it was delicious.

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:12 - Feb 2 with 3835 viewsboromat

Brilliant win. Great to see some different goal scorers as well. We'll need more of that can't always be Hendo.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:18 - Feb 2 with 3734 viewssweetcorn

3 needed points today. Good to see the new players impacting the game with both goals. Be nice if we follow it up with another 3 next week.

For anyone there how did pyke and mclaughlin look?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:20 - Feb 2 with 3681 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:18 - Feb 2 by sweetcorn

3 needed points today. Good to see the new players impacting the game with both goals. Be nice if we follow it up with another 3 next week.

For anyone there how did pyke and mclaughlin look?

McLaughlin very good. Probably one of the best 3 or 4 players. Game passed Pike by a little after he came on. Few touches but no chance to see the pace he apparently has. Will get more chances I think but may be off the bench
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:21 - Feb 2 with 3658 viewsjonahwhereru

Great result. What a transformation from the team that struggled getting the better of a wet paper bag a few weeks ago.
With several players never having played home match where we we struggled I hope they will have an impact on the rest of the squad who seem anxiety ridden at home. Coventry at home brings back some great historic memories. Let’s hope there are more created next week.

Has Hamilton been booked in all three games? Don’t want to loss his influence for any games. He has bedded in great.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:22 - Feb 2 with 3654 viewsColDale

When was the last time we got four away wins on the spin against the same side?
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:25 - Feb 2 with 3614 viewsShun

Huge win, we needed that. And we got a bit of luck at times, but we were due that too. Lillis somehow dropped a regulation punt into his own net but a Walsall player who was standing in his vicinity was given offside so the goal was disallowed. I thought individually the back 4 were all excellent but we still have those gut-churning moments where someone switches off and it looks like a certain goal. Thankfully EEL did what EEL does and saved us time and again. My MOM again, just like last time I saw him.

I thought we were fairly poor in the first half, the first fifteen minutes excepted. Henderson was so isolated up front alone and Andrew was terrible on the right wing. Thankfully in the second half Holden switched to the wing, Andrew up top, and Henderson just behind and we looked much more effective. Some brilliant passages of play from Henderson today.

I really like Hamilton, and he seems to love being here too. I love that passion from a player. He’s forming a good partnership with Camps too.
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:28 - Feb 2 with 3573 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:25 - Feb 2 by Shun

Huge win, we needed that. And we got a bit of luck at times, but we were due that too. Lillis somehow dropped a regulation punt into his own net but a Walsall player who was standing in his vicinity was given offside so the goal was disallowed. I thought individually the back 4 were all excellent but we still have those gut-churning moments where someone switches off and it looks like a certain goal. Thankfully EEL did what EEL does and saved us time and again. My MOM again, just like last time I saw him.

I thought we were fairly poor in the first half, the first fifteen minutes excepted. Henderson was so isolated up front alone and Andrew was terrible on the right wing. Thankfully in the second half Holden switched to the wing, Andrew up top, and Henderson just behind and we looked much more effective. Some brilliant passages of play from Henderson today.

I really like Hamilton, and he seems to love being here too. I love that passion from a player. He’s forming a good partnership with Camps too.

Hamilton looks like a gem of a find. Young loanee’s can go either way, some can’t be arsed and some are hungry to prove themselves. Thankfully Hamilton looks like the latter.

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:30 - Feb 2 with 3546 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:25 - Feb 2 by Shun

Glad you got to see a W shun - been in short supply this season. 288 brave souls made it. As mentioned earlier, pleased for bdb and anyone else who went.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:37 - Feb 2 with 3446 viewsDaleiLama

First 3 pointer since Boxing Day!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/february/report-walsallaway_020219/

Ethan Hamilton’s second-half goal secured Dale’s first three points of 2019 with a 2-1 win over Walsall at the Banks’s Stadium.
Ethan Ebanks-Landell opened the scoring in the 4th minute, rifling home a half-volley into the top corner, before the hosts equalised through Joe Edwards before the break.
Hamilton’s composed finish restored the lead 14 minutes into the second period, and Dale held on for a hard-earned three points.
Keith Hill named an unchanged side from last weekend’s outing at Barnsley, with new signings Rekeil Pyke and Joe Bunney on the substitute’s bench.
Dale got off to the perfect start, breaking the deadlock inside four minutes.
After Ian Henderson had already sent a driven effort narrowly over from 25-yards, Ebanks-Landell’s touch and half-volley from Rory Holden’s corner found the far top corner for his first Dale goal.
The goalscorer glanced another header wide of the far post from Stephen Dooley’s free-kick, either side of Calvin Andrew headers from set-pieces which flew narrowly off target, as Dale dominated the opening stages.
However, the home side grew into the game and levelled nine minutes before the break through a fine solo effort from Edwards.
He carried the ball from just inside the Dale half to the edge of the area, before firing beyond the outstretched Josh Lillis into the bottom corner.
Morgan Farrier fired over from a tight angle for Walsall and Ethan Hamilton saw a well-hit strike blocked for Dale, as the half came to a close.
After the break, Ferrier forced Lillis into a good stop low down, before a Walsall defender just got in front of Andrew before he could turn home Ryan Delaney’s cross.
Pyke came on for Holden for his debut and just minutes later Dale retook the lead.
Delaney found Hamilton who took a touch past a defender before coolly slotting the ball into the far bottom corner from inside the area.
The home side almost put through their own net moments later when a defender headed Dooley’s free-kick narrowly wide, before Andrew saw a deflected shot loop into the arms of the goalkeeper.
Edwards tried to double his tally for the home side with a speculative effort from distance which dipped narrowly over, before shouts of a Walsall penalty were waved away when Aramide Oteh went down after rounding Lillis.
Matt Jarvis saw a shot well blocked and Andy Cook headed wide from a corner, before Lillis held onto a header in the 97th minute in the final action of the game, to secure Dale’s first three points since Boxing Day.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 18:07 - Feb 2 with 3159 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A win at last!!!!............Great to be a Dale Supporter tonight for a change.....luv it.

Well done ALL concerned.....players, staff and fans,happy days for now.

More please!
Match thread: Walsall (a) on 19:28 - Feb 2 with 2730 viewssweetcorn

Weird how quiet this board gets when we win a game eh..

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 19:31 - Feb 2 with 2712 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 19:28 - Feb 2 by sweetcorn

What are you suggesting

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 19:31 - Feb 2 with 2712 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Yes we are happy when we win, not so when we get stuffed. Nothing strange about that!
Or do you expect everyone to be happy when we lose and unhappy when we win, now that would be weird.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 19:32 - Feb 2 with 2706 viewsblackdogblue

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 15:56 - Feb 2 by DaleiLama

Fair play to you bdb - you've gone to an away game on a freezing cold day and your sense of humour has not deserted you!

And fooking cold it was, just got back & still shivering. Was a lot colder than Barnsley.🥶🥶

Great performance & fans very vocal, some great performances today, EEL mom for me hands down..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 19:45 - Feb 2 with 2615 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:21 - Feb 2 by jonahwhereru

Great result. What a transformation from the team that struggled getting the better of a wet paper bag a few weeks ago.
With several players never having played home match where we we struggled I hope they will have an impact on the rest of the squad who seem anxiety ridden at home. Coventry at home brings back some great historic memories. Let’s hope there are more created next week.

Has Hamilton been booked in all three games? Don’t want to loss his influence for any games. He has bedded in great.

He's made four appearances and has been booked in three of them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 19:54 - Feb 2 with 2552 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 17:22 - Feb 2 by ColDale

When was the last time we got four away wins on the spin against the same side?

Carlisle?

Six consecutive wins from August 1998 to September 2002, made up of five league games and one in the AWS.

In terms of four consecutive league wins at the same venue, that will take a little longer to find out.

EDIT: Scrub that, it's Accrington. We've won our last five league games there.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 14:20]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Walsall (a) on 19:56 - Feb 2 with 2530 viewsrochdaleriddler

NOt really, I expressed my delight earlier. Bit odd you would say that, why would Dale fans be unhappy with a great win. Although you see the positives after a drubbing

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024