Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clough Starts 14:06 - Feb 9 with 12443 viewsdale1968

Lonergan
Maclaughlin
Mcnulty
Delaney
EEL
Dooley
Camps
Clough
Hamilton
Hendo
Andrews
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 14:09]

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Clough Starts on 18:24 - Feb 9 with 2676 viewsTVOS1907

Clough Starts on 18:17 - Feb 9 by Shun

Agree. I think Dooley played ok today but all his corners were some of the worst I’ve seen for ages. I’d definitely be bringing back Holden next game.

Which loan player would you leave out to do that? Clough, I suppose, if he's "not fit".

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Clough Starts on 18:30 - Feb 9 with 2632 viewsdawlishdale

Very disappointing today following a good win and team performance last week.

It wasn't so much the selection (apart from the madcap idea that Delaney could play Left Back against their quickest player...honestly; who scouts the opposition??!! it was more the formation that was wrong.

Clough was way too isolated in the first half...almost as if he was being set up to fail so he could be left out. Andrew looks disinterested and slow, and in truth, he has done since Xmas. Hendo was in midfield for much of the first half...again, wasted imho.

Today, we must have had 4 or 5 corners which all plopped harmlessly into their keepers hands showing absolutely no imagination in the way we attack.. Our coaching really is pis5poor if thats the best we can come up with.

Fair play to Coventry; they did better than us for much of the game, and at least looked like they wanted it more, but they are not one of the better teams to visit the COA this season.
Clough Starts on 18:36 - Feb 9 with 2584 viewsSandyman

4 points from the last 24 available and the best The Messiah can come up with is to suggest we behave towards the players by 'giving them what they need which is a little bit of sugar' .
That was dire today. No amount of jelly babies, treacle toffee or playing The Archies "Sugar Sugar" as run on music will make the slightest bit of difference . Your mess Keith, nobody else's.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 18:37]
Clough Starts on 18:45 - Feb 9 with 2515 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Clough Starts on 18:36 - Feb 9 by Sandyman

4 points from the last 24 available and the best The Messiah can come up with is to suggest we behave towards the players by 'giving them what they need which is a little bit of sugar' .
That was dire today. No amount of jelly babies, treacle toffee or playing The Archies "Sugar Sugar" as run on music will make the slightest bit of difference . Your mess Keith, nobody else's.

The pitch and the weather conditions get a mention in post match script.....same for both teams though, Maestro...........as well as the old "poor decision making" .......nowt changes really.
Clough Starts on 18:49 - Feb 9 with 2492 viewsRotherhamDale

That was absolutely shit.

Hoof it up to Calvin and hope for a lucky knock down.

We were second best to a piss poor Coventry side who waltzed to a victory. Their midfield wont have an easier game all season.

Possession with progression.

Clough Starts on 18:51 - Feb 9 with 2481 viewsHopwoodblue

Clough Starts on 18:45 - Feb 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

The pitch and the weather conditions get a mention in post match script.....same for both teams though, Maestro...........as well as the old "poor decision making" .......nowt changes really.

Any mention of their wage bill being a lot higher than ours that usually gets thrown in for good measure. I have always thought Hill deserves a relegation without being sacked because of his track record but I honestly think someone else could do better with the players we have. If we were playing well and losing to better teams fair enough but this is beyond shocking now and I think irreversible with the current management team.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Clough Starts on 18:53 - Feb 9 with 2471 viewsJimmyRustler

Clough Starts on 18:14 - Feb 9 by James1980

Memory serves me correctly he rarely or even never lets the keeper go up for corners at the end of a match. I suppose he sees it as too much of a gamble.

What's the gamble? Losing 2-0 as opposed to 1-0? Not gonna affect our goal difference is it?
Clough Starts on 19:00 - Feb 9 with 2425 viewsJames1980

Clough Starts on 18:53 - Feb 9 by JimmyRustler

What's the gamble? Losing 2-0 as opposed to 1-0? Not gonna affect our goal difference is it?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Goal difference is pretty much gone save a miracle.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Clough Starts on 19:04 - Feb 9 with 2398 viewsrochdaleriddler

I thought Coventry our muscled us in midfield.they weren’t great but they didn’t need to be, we carry zero goal threat, and the subs offered zilch. I am so fed up with home games

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Clough Starts on 19:09 - Feb 9 with 2362 viewsTVOS1907

Clough Starts on 18:36 - Feb 9 by Sandyman

He said the players need to give the fans a little bit of sugar, Sandy.

Clough Starts on 19:19 - Feb 9 with 2323 viewsDaleiLama

That was really poor. After a good win away we had chance to capitalise and failed again. Yet another performance with some endeavour, but no end-product. The most disappointing thing for me is we didn't set out to attack them from the start. In fact I'm still not sure what we did set out to do. They were a bit better than I expected and looked more comfortable in control; we were a lot worse. We shouldn't be trying to score equalisers in games like that. Aside from the shot turned round the post at 0-1, we seemed to be devoid of ambition. It wasn't the worst game I've seen by a long way, but one of the most suffocating, as it had an inevitability about it that seemed to set in early and never go away. We don't have the speed or vision to play the slow build up play we do, and on the back of that, create enough chances to win. That performance today was a chore to watch. The only thing that's giving me any optimism at present is that we will hopefully have a different team come Tuesday week. We'd better have a different mindset too, or we're royally fooked. These kind of grindingly dull games won't do much for ST sales next year either.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 19:26]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Clough Starts on 19:23 - Feb 9 with 2292 viewsrochdaleriddler

Clough Starts on 19:09 - Feb 9 by TVOS1907

He said the players need to give the fans a little bit of sugar, Sandy.

We need some home wins, not sugar

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Clough Starts on 19:23 - Feb 9 with 2289 viewsJimmyRustler

Clough Starts on 19:19 - Feb 9 by DaleiLama

That was really poor. After a good win away we had chance to capitalise and failed again. Yet another performance with some endeavour, but no end-product. The most disappointing thing for me is we didn't set out to attack them from the start. In fact I'm still not sure what we did set out to do. They were a bit better than I expected and looked more comfortable in control; we were a lot worse. We shouldn't be trying to score equalisers in games like that. Aside from the shot turned round the post at 0-1, we seemed to be devoid of ambition. It wasn't the worst game I've seen by a long way, but one of the most suffocating, as it had an inevitability about it that seemed to set in early and never go away. We don't have the speed or vision to play the slow build up play we do, and on the back of that, create enough chances to win. That performance today was a chore to watch. The only thing that's giving me any optimism at present is that we will hopefully have a different team come Tuesday week. We'd better have a different mindset too, or we're royally fooked. These kind of grindingly dull games won't do much for ST sales next year either.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 19:26]

However anyone wants to frame it, KH has lost his attacking mojo..
Clough Starts on 19:26 - Feb 9 with 2270 viewsTVOS1907

Clough Starts on 19:23 - Feb 9 by rochdaleriddler

I wouldn't disagree.

Clough Starts on 19:44 - Feb 9 with 2173 viewsJames1980

Does a target at the end of the season of 50+ points and just retaining league 1 status = Lack of ambition and therefore = performances such as today's.

If the board said to Hill we want playoffs or better would that encourage him to find his 'attacking mojo'?
Would it reappear in League 2 with a mission of returning to League 1?

Clough Starts on 20:18 - Feb 9 with 2049 viewsjudd

I think for the first time in a couple of years fans had gone to Spotland with genuine hope of a battling front foot performance and victory.
What we got was an absolute insult. Gutless, clueless, guileless heartless nonsense. A disgusting performance rounded off with subbing on two converted left backs into the fullback positions when chasing a game against a pretty poor team in Coventry.
Delaney is not a left back. EEL is not a footballer, he's a simple defender, McLaughlin is full of errors. Andrew a right sided midfielder. Really? I mean, fookin REALLY? As big a waste of shirt EVER. Hamilton varied between absent and dreadful. Clough was a waste of time. Hendo should have scored our ONE clear cut chance.
As for Dooley, what the fook? No end product whatsoever. As Dalien rightly said, piss poor limp wristed pansy fookin corners floated easily into the arms of the visiting keeper.
£2 for a season ticket next season to watch that bunch of crap will be a rip off.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Clough Starts on 20:44 - Feb 9 with 1936 viewsnordenblue

Clough Starts on 20:18 - Feb 9 by judd

I think for the first time in a couple of years fans had gone to Spotland with genuine hope of a battling front foot performance and victory.
What we got was an absolute insult. Gutless, clueless, guileless heartless nonsense. A disgusting performance rounded off with subbing on two converted left backs into the fullback positions when chasing a game against a pretty poor team in Coventry.
Delaney is not a left back. EEL is not a footballer, he's a simple defender, McLaughlin is full of errors. Andrew a right sided midfielder. Really? I mean, fookin REALLY? As big a waste of shirt EVER. Hamilton varied between absent and dreadful. Clough was a waste of time. Hendo should have scored our ONE clear cut chance.
As for Dooley, what the fook? No end product whatsoever. As Dalien rightly said, piss poor limp wristed pansy fookin corners floated easily into the arms of the visiting keeper.
£2 for a season ticket next season to watch that bunch of crap will be a rip off.

Now get off the fence and tell us what you really thought Judd?
To be honest it's been equally shite for going on 18 months, a couple of scraped narrow wins once in while shouldnt serve to paper over the cracks, we've got a manager who's lost the fooking plot with his power pissed tinkering ways and ridiculous constant chopping and changing of players and positions.
You could put a blind monkey in charge and hed provide a similar return from our home games.
Clough Starts on 20:51 - Feb 9 with 1907 viewsRotherhamDale

The corners from Dooley in the 2nd half were a disgrace. I think it was 5 floatey corners into the keepers hands.

We filled the box right at the end and all he had to do was thump it in and hope for the best but no... float it yet again.

Possession with progression.

Clough Starts on 20:54 - Feb 9 with 1889 views49thseason

You can't attack with the players we have that purport to be forwards;
Andrew '' its all been said really, can't score goals and can't make enough of a nuisance of himself in the penalty area to give others an opportunity. is not and never will be a centre forward / target man.
Clough: was completely anonymous and looked way off the pace and devoid of ideas.
Dooley: is a creator but when the rest of the team plays statues what can he do?
Henderson had his chance and didn't take it, clearly, he can't do the fetching and carrying and then get on the end of very much.
Inman, oh dear, no pace, no trick, no tackle, no good.
Whenever there is a moment that requires commitment and a touch of dare, Inman, like Macavity... isn't there.
Clough Starts on 21:03 - Feb 9 with 1844 viewsJames1980

Perhaps Dooley's floaters are very effective in training.

Clough Starts on 21:04 - Feb 9 with 1840 viewsjudd

Clough Starts on 20:44 - Feb 9 by nordenblue

Now get off the fence and tell us what you really thought Judd?
To be honest it's been equally shite for going on 18 months, a couple of scraped narrow wins once in while shouldnt serve to paper over the cracks, we've got a manager who's lost the fooking plot with his power pissed tinkering ways and ridiculous constant chopping and changing of players and positions.
You could put a blind monkey in charge and hed provide a similar return from our home games.

I thought I had. I've been patient with what we've endured these past 2 seasons but today was a total insult. An utter abject display on a day the club honoured a real fighter. A day when fans gathered pre match and expected a gutsy, fighting performance. We then got the most pathetic, confused, toothless, careless, thoughtless, talentless and badly managed showing that has really fookin hurt the long suffering fans. Now, go and plan an end of season gala dinner with carriages to celebrate that, you smug prick.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 21:36]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Clough Starts on 21:23 - Feb 9 with 1767 viewsDaleiLama

Clough Starts on 21:03 - Feb 9 by James1980

Perhaps Dooley's floaters are very effective in training.

From henceforth, Dooleys' floaters should only ever be seen by himself in private. No more please.

Clough Starts on 21:24 - Feb 9 with 1760 viewsDaleiLama

Clough Starts on 19:23 - Feb 9 by JimmyRustler

However anyone wants to frame it, KH has lost his attacking mojo..

At home anyway.........

Clough Starts on 21:26 - Feb 9 with 1742 viewsJames1980

Clough Starts on 21:23 - Feb 9 by DaleiLama

From henceforth, Dooleys' floaters should only ever be seen by himself in private. No more please.

In private they are probably lethal

Clough Starts on 21:47 - Feb 9 with 1656 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Clough Starts on 19:23 - Feb 9 by rochdaleriddler

Indeed,sugar makes you fat and lethargic....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024