Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fingers crossed for BBM 23:00 - Mar 8 with 19239 viewscrazyhorse

Bit nervous and raw in the interview.

However an honest man and his humble demeaner shows through. I imagine he's blown away with the opportunity to manage at league level. His family also.

Only a few games to prove himself.

really looking forward to the game, 2nd game in two years after drifting away and hope he can juice a great performance out of this rabble.
fingers crossed for BBM on 19:00 - Mar 9 with 2659 viewsD_Alien

fingers crossed for BBM on 18:45 - Mar 9 by Nigeriamark

Nkosi comes from me suddenly developing Dyslexia around his name !! I think I spelt it that way once and confirmed it in my spellchecker so it prompts that every time. Early signs of senility creeping in.

I’d almost forgotten Rathbone, definitely brought some energy as you say. I checked on I follow the Hendo booking and agree that the left back who was the next closest would not have got back in time to stop Hendo shooting. However in fairness to the ref ( and in line with what Fitzochris thought) I had to check again on I follow because the incident was 40 yards from goal & it would have been hard to judge that nearest defender. The ref doesn’t get that choice & his angles would not have given him the best view ( where is VAR when you need it)

Bit Harsh on ZC, he only came on in the 88th minute . I would like to see him get 2 or 3 full games, against weaker opposition especially.

My 2 main worries after today would be having both Inman and Bunney in the starting 11 as I think they are both lightweight. I would start Tuesday with the other 9 starters from today and at max only one of those 2. I would like to see eitherZC or Done start

I thought the Ntlhe/Bunney combo on the left was pretty good

Inman though, is a different matter. He should've been subbed much earlier

[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 19:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:03 - Mar 9 with 2634 viewsJimmyRustler

fingers crossed for BBM on 17:42 - Mar 9 by richfoad32

He's 36 this year and out of contract in the summer, there'll probably be some competition for his signature but it's not completely outlandish that we sign him.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 17:45]

He's probably on around 10-20k at Boro. If anyone else wants him they will get him before us
fingers crossed for BBM on 19:05 - Mar 9 with 2617 viewsfrenzied

Lots of endeavour but little quality..pitch ..wind and hail didn't help

Dale looked dead on their feet for last 10 mins..was sat behind goal at Pearl street end..how on earth Lonergan kept that ball out I will never know..the one at the end was unbelievable..but the one earlier on in the second half was breathtaking.

Strange really that the back 4 were as individuals great ..but at set pieces we looked so exposed ..Shrews had about 4 corners at the end of the first half which we really struggled to clear yet the pattern for 2 of them was exactly the same..

Overjoyed to win,,, if that had gone in at the end the mood in the squad would have been grim.
fingers crossed for BBM on 19:18 - Mar 9 with 2520 views1907

fingers crossed for BBM on 18:55 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

That's correct. Hopefully 1907 will understand it a bit better now

It’s easier if you quote me directly...

You claim it’s a yellow because Hendo played for it.

Sorry my friend but that’s not the law of the game.

The defender was the last man, red card.
fingers crossed for BBM on 19:20 - Mar 9 with 2496 viewsfitzochris

fingers crossed for BBM on 18:59 - Mar 9 by JimmyRustler

EEL got sent off for a similar one at Plymouth (albeit deliberate handball). That was never a red and neither was Hendo's due to the distance and circumstance

I agree, as I hope my post illustrates.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:28 - Mar 9 with 2456 viewsnordenblue

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:00 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

I thought the Ntlhe/Bunney combo on the left was pretty good

Inman though, is a different matter. He should've been subbed much earlier

[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 19:02]

Can't see what Inman offers at all,think he's better coming off the bench and that's not saying much,the amount of times he loses a 70/30 ball is quite amazing. Thought Bunney was generally ok,just feel he gets himself too involved in petty squabbles that end up influencing his decision making.
Big Jim was decent with some quality timed tackles partnered by the impressive EEL and Ntlhe.

Special mention for Lonergan, a couple of genuine world class match winning saves,the guy deserves far better than the mess he's sadly found himself playing behind too often since hes come to us.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 19:29]
fingers crossed for BBM on 19:30 - Mar 9 with 2440 views442Dale

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:18 - Mar 9 by 1907

“Last man” isn’t in the laws anymore, I don’t think (was it ever that? Honestly not as clued in as some about the specifics). About “denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity” or some such wording.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:30 - Mar 9 with 2439 viewsSaxonDale

‘Players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will be cautioned.

Deliberate fouls will still incur a red card.

Those include holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball in order to deny a goalscoring opportunity.’

For me the only debate is whether it was intentional or not, at the time I thought it was a red.
Login to get fewer ads

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:39 - Mar 9 with 2376 viewsTVOS1907

fingers crossed for BBM on 18:45 - Mar 9 by Nigeriamark

Nkosi comes from me suddenly developing Dyslexia around his name !! I think I spelt it that way once and confirmed it in my spellchecker so it prompts that every time. Early signs of senility creeping in.

I’d almost forgotten Rathbone, definitely brought some energy as you say. I checked on I follow the Hendo booking and agree that the left back who was the next closest would not have got back in time to stop Hendo shooting. However in fairness to the ref ( and in line with what Fitzochris thought) I had to check again on I follow because the incident was 40 yards from goal & it would have been hard to judge that nearest defender. The ref doesn’t get that choice & his angles would not have given him the best view ( where is VAR when you need it)

Bit Harsh on ZC, he only came on in the 88th minute . I would like to see him get 2 or 3 full games, against weaker opposition especially.

My 2 main worries after today would be having both Inman and Bunney in the starting 11 as I think they are both lightweight. I would start Tuesday with the other 9 starters from today and at max only one of those 2. I would like to see eitherZC or Done start

Don’t forget that Ethan Hamilton will also be available on Tuesday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:49 - Mar 9 with 2307 viewsD_Alien

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:18 - Mar 9 by 1907

Talking about direct quotes, i didn't claim it was a yellow because Hendo played for it, i claimed it was a yellow because the referee made the right decision

My point about Hendo playing for it was just that, an annoyance that he was concentrating more on drawing the foul than chasing the ball

In the end, the laws of the game were correctly interpreted, whatever waffle or point-scoring you think you're trying to engage in

And using "my friend" won't help your lost cause
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 19:50]

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:51 - Mar 9 with 2294 viewsrochdaleriddler

fingers crossed for BBM on 17:53 - Mar 9 by rochdale_ranger

FEw points from today:
EEL is mint.
Our defence was good today they really hunted in packs.
Last week Hill said some home truths have been aired I took that as meaning he’s told certain players they aren’t up to much. BbM has motivated them. We looked sharper and our players looked like they wanted to receive the ball at throw ins etc.
We didn’t fall apart at set pieces.
We scored from a corner!
Robbie Williams has put way too much timber on.

Was with a shrews fan, he said defeat was palatable due to Robbie afterwards. (He was pissed)

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:53 - Mar 9 with 2271 viewsrochdaleriddler

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:49 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

Talking about direct quotes, i didn't claim it was a yellow because Hendo played for it, i claimed it was a yellow because the referee made the right decision

My point about Hendo playing for it was just that, an annoyance that he was concentrating more on drawing the foul than chasing the ball

In the end, the laws of the game were correctly interpreted, whatever waffle or point-scoring you think you're trying to engage in

IF he was last man, it should have been red

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:56 - Mar 9 with 2228 viewsfitzochris

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:53 - Mar 9 by rochdaleriddler

IF he was last man, it should have been red

‘Last man’ isn’t a red card offence.

Denial of an Obvious Goalscoring Opportunity is the offence and the tests the ref has to apply I have posted.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 20:02]

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:56 - Mar 9 with 2226 views1907

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:49 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

No lost cause here.

Last man. Foul. Red card.

Simple as that.
fingers crossed for BBM on 19:57 - Mar 9 with 2221 viewsrochdaleriddler

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:03 - Mar 9 by JimmyRustler

He's probably on around 10-20k at Boro. If anyone else wants him they will get him before us

I bet he aint

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:59 - Mar 9 with 2183 viewsD_Alien

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:56 - Mar 9 by 1907

No lost cause here.

Last man. Foul. Red card.

Simple as that.

The only way your cause won't be lost is by trying to get the ref's correct decision overturned. But first, i suggest you read up on the laws of the game

Good luck with that

fingers crossed for BBM on 20:01 - Mar 9 with 2169 views442Dale

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_foul

Yes it’s wikipedia, but it’ll do.

<<“In association football, a professional foul involves a defender fouling an attacking player in order to prevent them from scoring, or a handball offence that denied an obvious goal-scoring opportunity.[1] The resulting free kick or penalty may offer the attacking team a lower chance of scoring than the original playing position, and the defending player therefore has an incentive to tactically foul the attacking player or use their hand.[2]

The offence is popularly but inaccurately referred to as the "last man" foul, leading to the incorrect belief that if a defender is the last member of the defending side and in a position to stop an attacking player with an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and he does so, he should automatically be sent off. This so-called "last man" is typically the defender in front of the goalkeeper but it can be the goalkeeper.[3] However, the terminology "last man" has never been included in the Laws of the Game.[4]

Under the Laws of the Game, what constitutes an obvious goalscoring opportunity is left to the discretion of the referee; however, several factors are given to help referees decide. These are: the distance between the offence and the goal, the likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball, the direction of the play, the location and number of defenders.[5]

The offence is informally known as DOGSO, an acronym for "Denial of an Obvious Goal-Scoring Opportunity".[6]”>>

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

fingers crossed for BBM on 20:02 - Mar 9 with 2156 viewsShun

fingers crossed for BBM on 18:59 - Mar 9 by JimmyRustler

EEL got sent off for a similar one at Plymouth (albeit deliberate handball). That was never a red and neither was Hendo's due to the distance and circumstance

I don’t see how the distance is relevant. Whether Henderson’s 5 yards from goal or in his own half, it’s still a goal scoring opportunity as he had a clear, unobstructed run to the goalkeeper.
fingers crossed for BBM on 20:04 - Mar 9 with 2130 viewsfitzochris

fingers crossed for BBM on 20:02 - Mar 9 by Shun

I don’t see how the distance is relevant. Whether Henderson’s 5 yards from goal or in his own half, it’s still a goal scoring opportunity as he had a clear, unobstructed run to the goalkeeper.

The distance is very relevant as it’s one of the tests the ref needs to apply.

I’m convinced the entire forum has put me on ignore. It’s all on the FA website and not at all difficult to find.

fingers crossed for BBM on 20:06 - Mar 9 with 2108 viewsJames1980

Great result, nervy at the end but perhaps holding on will be good for confidence.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

fingers crossed for BBM on 20:16 - Mar 9 with 2039 viewsShun

fingers crossed for BBM on 20:04 - Mar 9 by fitzochris

The distance is very relevant as it’s one of the tests the ref needs to apply.

I’m convinced the entire forum has put me on ignore. It’s all on the FA website and not at all difficult to find.

No, we’re reading your posts, but they don’t change the fact that Henderson was the closet player to the Shrewsbury goal apart from the goalkeeper. He was in a central position and the direction of play was towards goal. He had a clear run to goal, and that was the case regardless of how far away he was. As KenBoon posted, if that isn’t a goal scoring opportunity I genuinely don’t know what is.
fingers crossed for BBM on 20:20 - Mar 9 with 2010 viewsfitzochris

fingers crossed for BBM on 20:16 - Mar 9 by Shun

No, we’re reading your posts, but they don’t change the fact that Henderson was the closet player to the Shrewsbury goal apart from the goalkeeper. He was in a central position and the direction of play was towards goal. He had a clear run to goal, and that was the case regardless of how far away he was. As KenBoon posted, if that isn’t a goal scoring opportunity I genuinely don’t know what is.

That aside for a second, people are referring to “last man red cards” and saying they don’t know what distance “has to do with it”. I’m trying to point to the laws, so that we can all debate this in the right platform.

fingers crossed for BBM on 20:33 - Mar 9 with 1913 viewsJimmyRustler

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:20 - Mar 9 by fitzochris

I agree, as I hope my post illustrates.

It did indeed. Was just adding a little more context
fingers crossed for BBM on 20:34 - Mar 9 with 1903 viewsonedalefan

Without seeing it again, was he closer to the goal than the last defender? If as I saw it, Henderson stepped into the defender to draw the foul, then they were at least level with each other. In that case, yellow would be the correct decision.
fingers crossed for BBM on 21:01 - Mar 9 with 1769 viewsShun

fingers crossed for BBM on 20:20 - Mar 9 by fitzochris

That aside for a second, people are referring to “last man red cards” and saying they don’t know what distance “has to do with it”. I’m trying to point to the laws, so that we can all debate this in the right platform.

Absolutely, ‘last man’ is a redundant phrase that, as yourself and others have pointed out, has never been in the rule book. I think the trouble here is that DOSGO is incredibly subjective unlike, say, an offside decision, so it’s more difficult to agree on a decision. The differing opinions on here show that much. I supposed if that’s the case it’s better for the officials to err on the side of caution, but I’d expect a Dale defender to be sent off in the same situation and I’m aghast the Shrewsbury defender wasn’t sent off today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024