Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 2019/20 10:14 - Mar 30 with 25887 viewsdalebolt

Just received a renewal through the post. Season ticket prices for next season start at £150 in the Sandy £200 Pearl Street and £250 main stand, if bought before 1st July. Regardless of what division we are in next season still good value
Season tickets 2019/20 on 19:34 - Mar 30 with 2974 viewsDalenet

Season tickets 2019/20 on 14:07 - Mar 30 by boromat

1st of May.

Another change that doesn't affect me but might affect some people is there will only be 100 youth and 100 junior season tickets available for the main stand in top of those tickets increasing to £20/£50. Sounds like they want to promote the family stand for younger members and hopefully have the main stand not all ticket again.

I haven't got me letter as yet, but that suggests that we can't buy our tickets before the end of the season (for home games that is). Are they going to manage renewals for free by post for people not living in the town?
Season tickets 2019/20 on 19:47 - Mar 30 with 2933 viewspioneer

Season tickets 2019/20 on 10:54 - Mar 30 by dalebolt

Just read through everything properly and they are introducing category A and B games which will incur a £5 increase in match day ticket prices. Also match day ticket prices will rise by £3 if not bought in advance. Not really sure why we need to do this. Definitely not a way to attract floating fans

not just floating fans, but fans who are unable to get to games regularly for whateverreason.

No way I will be paying 27 smackers to watch our level of footie.

Maybe get a season ticket for Gateshead.
Season tickets 2019/20 on 20:35 - Mar 30 with 2839 viewsnordenblue

Season tickets 2019/20 on 13:20 - Mar 30 by EllDale

So would admission to a Category A or B game made on the day incur a premium of £5 plus £3?

£8 on top of the basic level of entry is a massive hike.

That should do the trick to increase attendances, nearly £30 to watch what could realistically be league 2 football, mmm sounds VERY inviting.
Season tickets 2019/20 on 20:45 - Mar 30 with 2815 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Season tickets 2019/20 on 18:56 - Mar 30 by KenBoon

Not had mine through yet. I assume the club will be removing all charges from buying tickets online if they’re so keen to get advanced sales. Likewise there will be a proper ticket office. Maybe get really crazy and introduce e-ticketing. Obv none of that will happen.

Meant to mark up.

Basically the Club are screwing those who can’t afford a ST, and even more so those who decide on the day they want to attend. This will result in less attendance. We are Rochdale, MY ARSE.
Maybe Clubs whose fans are effected by by being ripped off paying more for being classed as a higher priced game, will do the same for us.

Yes I do welcome my ST price, but feel that non ST holders are ripped off.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 20:46]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Season tickets 2019/20 on 09:40 - Mar 31 with 2536 viewsD_Alien

Here's another thought:

If sections UV aren't being used by home fans, i wonder if - for those games where away followings will be well below 500 - Willbutts will be closed and only Pearl St available for away fans?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season tickets 2019/20 on 09:50 - Mar 31 with 2517 viewsAncoats_Blue

Season tickets 2019/20 on 09:40 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

Here's another thought:

If sections UV aren't being used by home fans, i wonder if - for those games where away followings will be well below 500 - Willbutts will be closed and only Pearl St available for away fans?

Would that work? Don’t the away fans need their own bogs, refreshments etc. Admittedly not been in the Pearl St for a while but I don’t remember there being 2 sets of toilets and food kiosks.
Season tickets 2019/20 on 10:22 - Mar 31 with 2449 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets 2019/20 on 09:50 - Mar 31 by Ancoats_Blue

Would that work? Don’t the away fans need their own bogs, refreshments etc. Admittedly not been in the Pearl St for a while but I don’t remember there being 2 sets of toilets and food kiosks.

Yes, that's why it can be split for the Sunderland fixture - with potential safety issues

The thing is, people need to know before making ST decisions, if it's going to be a regular occurrence

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:01 - Mar 31 with 2381 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets 2019/20 on 10:22 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

Yes, that's why it can be split for the Sunderland fixture - with potential safety issues

The thing is, people need to know before making ST decisions, if it's going to be a regular occurrence

I think I read Sunderland fans in the Pearl can't have a scoop due to the segregation. It seems ludicrous that opposing fans can't be trusted to have a scoop together like the egg-chasers, but it is what it is and they can't with our schoolies in that stand. I'd imagine that away fans would next season would rather be able to have access to scoops which this scheme would prevent? No doubt there will some consultation with customers though surely ...….
Maybe all these things are being discussed behind the scenes and not publicised. Or maybe they are being steam-rollered through. Spose we'll have to wait for the next on-line diary for insight into what matters to fans ………………. or ………..

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:11 - Mar 31 with 2349 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:01 - Mar 31 by DaleiLama

I think I read Sunderland fans in the Pearl can't have a scoop due to the segregation. It seems ludicrous that opposing fans can't be trusted to have a scoop together like the egg-chasers, but it is what it is and they can't with our schoolies in that stand. I'd imagine that away fans would next season would rather be able to have access to scoops which this scheme would prevent? No doubt there will some consultation with customers though surely ...….
Maybe all these things are being discussed behind the scenes and not publicised. Or maybe they are being steam-rollered through. Spose we'll have to wait for the next on-line diary for insight into what matters to fans ………………. or ………..

I'm sure away fans would prefer the option of a pint, which they currently enjoy in the Willbutts

You're right, those away fans being accommodated in the Pearl St won't have that option - unless of course, the club* decide to give them the Pearl St bar too... I wouldn't put anything past him*

As for consultation - with whom? I'd love to be proven wrong, but it's looking like the Dale Trust leadership has been nobbled. They're simply told what's going to happen, then thrown a few milky bars to make them feel like they've achieved something. And this, despite the work they've put in (and continue to put in) to try and have a meaningful voice on behalf of Dale fans, and which i have a good deal of respect for

If anyone from the Trust disagrees with this analysis, they're perfectly free to do so, and i'd welcome it. If demonstrable, i might even consider rejoining
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 11:12]

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:29 - Mar 31 with 2289 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets 2019/20 on 09:40 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

Here's another thought:

You might be over-thinking it.

I'm sure they have done it just to avoid another 'Sunderland Scenario' (or 'Farce' if you're on the Trust board and airing your personal views in public), whereby season ticket holders are having to be inconvenienced.

And to be honest, regardless of which division we're in, there might only be a couple of times where it is necessary to either close off that block (Bradford/bury/Oldham) or give it to away fans (Sunderland).
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 11:35]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:29 - Mar 31 with 2286 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets 2019/20 on 13:20 - Mar 30 by EllDale

So would admission to a Category A or B game made on the day incur a premium of £5 plus £3?

£8 on top of the basic level of entry is a massive hike.

On the letter that came with the form it says that wouldn't be the case.

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:33 - Mar 31 with 2275 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:01 - Mar 31 by DaleiLama

Surely it's possible for the Mackems who sit in Pearl Street to go a couple of hours without feeling the need for a pint?

They probably drunk enough in Trafalgar Square last night anyway.

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:44 - Mar 31 with 2253 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:11 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

I'm sure away fans would prefer the option of a pint, which they currently enjoy in the Willbutts

You're right, those away fans being accommodated in the Pearl St won't have that option - unless of course, the club* decide to give them the Pearl St bar too... I wouldn't put anything past him*

As for consultation - with whom? I'd love to be proven wrong, but it's looking like the Dale Trust leadership has been nobbled. They're simply told what's going to happen, then thrown a few milky bars to make them feel like they've achieved something. And this, despite the work they've put in (and continue to put in) to try and have a meaningful voice on behalf of Dale fans, and which i have a good deal of respect for

If anyone from the Trust disagrees with this analysis, they're perfectly free to do so, and i'd welcome it. If demonstrable, i might even consider rejoining
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 11:12]

I'll be checking in later to see who picks up the gauntlet you have thrown and what rebuttal is offered if any?!

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:47 - Mar 31 with 2244 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:33 - Mar 31 by TVOS1907

Surely it's possible for the Mackems who sit in Pearl Street to go a couple of hours without feeling the need for a pint?

They probably drunk enough in Trafalgar Square last night anyway.

Whilst watching footy can be a thirsty business, I would have thought they'd manage with preloading and camelbaks full of Newcy Brown. If they win a trophy today though, they'll no doubt be even thirstier come next Saturday?

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:55 - Mar 31 with 2230 viewsChaffRAFC

One note in the letter than is different to last season is that the children's season tickets now have to be purchased with an adult season ticket and not at different times. This affects me and any goldbond agents with children because our goldbond season tickets don't usually come out during the early bird period so when we get change to do ours, we'll have to pay £50 for a childrens season ticket instead of £10.

The prices are again spot on, but from a personal note, it's probably going to cost me more for next season's season tickets which I didn't want and would make me consider jacking my Goldbond round if that was the case.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:00 - Mar 31 with 2216 views442Dale

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:44 - Mar 31 by DaleiLama

I'll be checking in later to see who picks up the gauntlet you have thrown and what rebuttal is offered if any?!

It’s not down to individuals to do that. It’s up to the Trust as an organisation to provide an insight to members/supporters (potential members as has been raised above) on the situation as mentioned previously in the thread eg. What part did the Trust play? When were they consulted? What were the thoughts about consulting members/fans for opinions by both the club and the Trust? What was the Trust’s feedback to the club on the decisions made?

The request earlier in the thread meant there was no need for a personal response on here, but that something appeared for all supporters on their website. It was good to see that request will be taken forward.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:04 - Mar 31 with 2204 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:55 - Mar 31 by ChaffRAFC

One note in the letter than is different to last season is that the children's season tickets now have to be purchased with an adult season ticket and not at different times. This affects me and any goldbond agents with children because our goldbond season tickets don't usually come out during the early bird period so when we get change to do ours, we'll have to pay £50 for a childrens season ticket instead of £10.

The prices are again spot on, but from a personal note, it's probably going to cost me more for next season's season tickets which I didn't want and would make me consider jacking my Goldbond round if that was the case.

What's this 'Goldbond' you talk of?

Surely some sort of special dispensation will be made in cases like yours, Chaff?

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:06 - Mar 31 with 2196 viewskel

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:55 - Mar 31 by ChaffRAFC

Ah, well that’s me not bothering next season then. I got two kids season tickets for this season because of the excellent pricing with me just paying on the day when the fixtures fell right for me.

I personally can take or leave attending games but my kids actually love it so that’s two (and would have been three when my youngest was a bit older) future supporters they’ve lost.

Edit - May have misread your post, chaff, so I’ll hold my hands up if so. Do I have to purchase an adult season ticket if I want my kids to have them too?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 12:08]
Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:10 - Mar 31 with 2182 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:06 - Mar 31 by kel

Ah, well that’s me not bothering next season then. I got two kids season tickets for this season because of the excellent pricing with me just paying on the day when the fixtures fell right for me.

I personally can take or leave attending games but my kids actually love it so that’s two (and would have been three when my youngest was a bit older) future supporters they’ve lost.

Edit - May have misread your post, chaff, so I’ll hold my hands up if so. Do I have to purchase an adult season ticket if I want my kids to have them too?

That's what it says on the application form.

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:12 - Mar 31 with 2173 viewskel

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:10 - Mar 31 by TVOS1907

That's what it says on the application form.

Fook ‘em then.

Their mum is from a City supporting family so they can support them instead.
Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:18 - Mar 31 with 2148 views442Dale

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:06 - Mar 31 by kel

Surely that can’t be right?! Not got the form with me to check, but that’s the exact situation where you’d think plenty of parents/grandparents etc got ST for kids. It then encouraged them to attend more often than they would normally, with the aim on growing the younger fan base being the priority.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:23 - Mar 31 with 2132 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets 2019/20 on 11:29 - Mar 31 by TVOS1907

You might be over-thinking it.

I'm sure they have done it just to avoid another 'Sunderland Scenario' (or 'Farce' if you're on the Trust board and airing your personal views in public), whereby season ticket holders are having to be inconvenienced.

And to be honest, regardless of which division we're in, there might only be a couple of times where it is necessary to either close off that block (Bradford/bury/Oldham) or give it to away fans (Sunderland).
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 11:35]

It was a thought, not an over-thought

tbh, if the #club were to exclude Daleys from UV (Ain't No Sunshine When It's Gone), there might actually be some financial sense in closing the Willbutts if the away support can be accommodated in the former

The point is, we - Rochdale fans - need to know before ST decisions are made. There are legitimate concerns among adult fans about taking youngsters into a segregated Pearl St which wasn't meant for segregation. Clarification on this point would be welcome since it remains a possibility

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:31 - Mar 31 with 2097 viewsDalenet

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:12 - Mar 31 by kel

Fook ‘em then.

Their mum is from a City supporting family so they can support them instead.

Hey don't be too hasty. Your a long time Daley. By buying a season ticket with the kids you save £80 on the kids tickets and you get a ticket that means you are better off even if you only see 10 games out of 23.

I sense your frustration but the maths will still make sense. Our season tickets are great value and the kids ones are there to get kids hooked by turning up throughout the season - with an adult with them. I can see why the club sell them for just £10. City won't be such god value - a pack of crisps and a drink will be more than that for two kids at one game there!

Having said that I am a bit lost as to why we are pishing about with tickets again. DB made a big mistake with ST pricing the first year he became a director and there was a backlash. Surely we can't be trying to earn a few extra grand by complicating things with category game pricing. It will destroy good will and people will boycott us. And why are we waiting until May to take money off people - we should be selling now just in case we are relegated and people think twice.
Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:40 - Mar 31 with 2070 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:23 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

It was a thought, not an over-thought

tbh, if the #club were to exclude Daleys from UV (Ain't No Sunshine When It's Gone), there might actually be some financial sense in closing the Willbutts if the away support can be accommodated in the former

The point is, we - Rochdale fans - need to know before ST decisions are made. There are legitimate concerns among adult fans about taking youngsters into a segregated Pearl St which wasn't meant for segregation. Clarification on this point would be welcome since it remains a possibility

Yes, I'd agree with that.

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:50 - Mar 31 with 2034 viewskel

Season tickets 2019/20 on 12:31 - Mar 31 by Dalenet

Hey don't be too hasty. Your a long time Daley. By buying a season ticket with the kids you save £80 on the kids tickets and you get a ticket that means you are better off even if you only see 10 games out of 23.

I sense your frustration but the maths will still make sense. Our season tickets are great value and the kids ones are there to get kids hooked by turning up throughout the season - with an adult with them. I can see why the club sell them for just £10. City won't be such god value - a pack of crisps and a drink will be more than that for two kids at one game there!

Having said that I am a bit lost as to why we are pishing about with tickets again. DB made a big mistake with ST pricing the first year he became a director and there was a backlash. Surely we can't be trying to earn a few extra grand by complicating things with category game pricing. It will destroy good will and people will boycott us. And why are we waiting until May to take money off people - we should be selling now just in case we are relegated and people think twice.

Cheers for the response, but even then I doubt we’d make 10 games. I only take two of them on the weekends I don’t have them all as the three on the weekends I do would be too much (weird setup I know). Fixtures have to fall on a Saturday home game on non kid weekends and it’s only happened about five times this season.

It’s a shame cos they’ve never seen a defeat!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024