Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This guy could well be 16:34 - Jul 5 with 3243 viewselectricblue

This guy could well be the first Dale £1m plus addons player.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/july/luke-matheson--portugal/

Good luck to him...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

This guy could well be on 16:36 - Jul 5 with 3230 viewsEllDale

Probably be an undisclosed fee.
This guy could well be on 16:43 - Jul 5 with 3174 viewsKnowlesy

Said that about Adshead and we got peanuts for him. He'll make 5 first team appearances in 2020/21 and be sold for 400k to Huddersfield
This guy could well be on 16:44 - Jul 5 with 3171 viewsboromat

Might end up being like Adshead hope not though. I'd like to see him have an impact of the first team before being moved on.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

This guy could well be on 16:57 - Jul 5 with 3123 viewsjudd

This guy could well be on 16:43 - Jul 5 by Knowlesy

Said that about Adshead and we got peanuts for him. He'll make 5 first team appearances in 2020/21 and be sold for 400k to Huddersfield

Controversial.

Poll: What is it to be then?

This guy could well be on 17:06 - Jul 5 with 3077 viewsDaleFan7

We'd manage to find a way to sell an 18 year old Messi for about £300k.
This guy could well be on 17:29 - Jul 5 with 2993 viewsShun

This guy could well be on 17:06 - Jul 5 by DaleFan7

Have to agree.

We already had our first £1m player and we just sold him for £350K. Matheson will probably be the same unless we get someone into the club whose negotiating skills are just slightly superior to a child with a lemonade stall in his front garden.
This guy could well be on 17:39 - Jul 5 with 2939 viewsD_Alien

This guy could well be on 17:29 - Jul 5 by Shun

Have to agree.

We already had our first £1m player and we just sold him for £350K. Matheson will probably be the same unless we get someone into the club whose negotiating skills are just slightly superior to a child with a lemonade stall in his front garden.

She seems to be doing ok

[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 17:41]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

This guy could well be on 18:57 - Jul 5 with 2723 viewsdingdangblue

I gave up hoping for a £1 million pound player sale after we gave away Craig Dawson and Scott Hogan.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

This guy could well be on 18:59 - Jul 5 with 2720 views1907

This guy could well be on 18:57 - Jul 5 by dingdangblue

I gave up hoping for a £1 million pound player sale after we gave away Craig Dawson and Scott Hogan.

I mean yeah, them two deals have turned out disastrous for us.
This guy could well be on 20:51 - Jul 5 with 2520 viewsdingdangblue

This guy could well be on 18:59 - Jul 5 by 1907

I mean yeah, them two deals have turned out disastrous for us.

Im not on about sell ons - Im on about up front fees.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

This guy could well be on 21:02 - Jul 5 with 2488 viewskiwidale

This guy could well be on 20:51 - Jul 5 by dingdangblue

Im not on about sell ons - Im on about up front fees.

Does anybody really know what our record outgoing transfer is?... Im all for add ons but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Im completely underwhelmed with the Adshead deal maybe its time for a new approach and a new negotiator in transfer negotiations.

This is not the time for bickering.

This guy could well be on 21:25 - Jul 5 with 2429 viewsdingdangblue

This guy could well be on 21:02 - Jul 5 by kiwidale

Does anybody really know what our record outgoing transfer is?... Im all for add ons but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Im completely underwhelmed with the Adshead deal maybe its time for a new approach and a new negotiator in transfer negotiations.

800k Hogan

This guy could well be on 22:06 - Jul 5 with 2330 viewskiwidale

This guy could well be on 21:25 - Jul 5 by dingdangblue

800k Hogan

was more asking all money in including add ons

This guy could well be on 22:24 - Jul 5 with 2274 viewsjudd

This guy could well be on 22:06 - Jul 5 by kiwidale

was more asking all money in including add ons

£800k +

Poll: What is it to be then?

This guy could well be on 23:21 - Jul 5 with 2181 viewskiwidale

This guy could well be on 22:24 - Jul 5 by judd

£800k +

Considering we live in an age of 150 million pound plus transfers and run of the mill 50/60 million pound transfers then 800 thousand pounds is about 1000 quid in old money, pretty shite if you ask me.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 23:22]

This guy could well be on 01:11 - Jul 6 with 2091 views49thseason

The value of anything or anyone is what someone is prepared to pay. Havjng said that I sometimes wonder how these deals are arrived at. I guess the overriding factor is how desperate we are to sell someone, there were some shocking deals if you think about Lambert Holt and ALF but the need to sell overcame their ability to get a great deal.. Unfortunately we are rarely in the position to demand a decent price and end up with the second option, add ons, which are a poor and unreliable substitute for negotiating a good up-front payment in the first place. Never mind the quality feel the width!
This guy could well be on 01:34 - Jul 6 with 2081 viewsdingdangblue

This guy could well be on 01:11 - Jul 6 by 49thseason

The value of anything or anyone is what someone is prepared to pay. Havjng said that I sometimes wonder how these deals are arrived at. I guess the overriding factor is how desperate we are to sell someone, there were some shocking deals if you think about Lambert Holt and ALF but the need to sell overcame their ability to get a great deal.. Unfortunately we are rarely in the position to demand a decent price and end up with the second option, add ons, which are a poor and unreliable substitute for negotiating a good up-front payment in the first place. Never mind the quality feel the width!

Yes , we may never see a £1 million upfront fee for ANY Dale player - buying clubs know we are never likely to turn down £500k being offered never mind double that!

This guy could well be on 06:26 - Jul 6 with 1996 viewsdeeplishblue

This guy could well be on 23:21 - Jul 5 by kiwidale

Considering we live in an age of 150 million pound plus transfers and run of the mill 50/60 million pound transfers then 800 thousand pounds is about 1000 quid in old money, pretty shite if you ask me.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 23:22]

800k was a cracking deal for up based on Hogan's injury record at that time.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

This guy could well be on 10:07 - Jul 6 with 1830 views49thseason

I guess Peterborough set the standard for selling players on and they focus on strikers. The market for a goalscorer will always be stronger than for a defender or midfielder. Unfotunately clubs like Rochdale end up with academies full of the players the Premiership clubs either dont want or have somehow missed and they tend not to be strikers, what Peterborough have done well is to pay for young talent, develop it and then sell it on for a much bigger fee..... but you need the wherewithall in the first place and its a much bigger gamble unless the odd £1m is neither here nor there. If we had managed to hang on to Hogan for another season we might well have sold him for 3 or 4 millions or more, equally his injuries might have ended his career before that happened. Risk v Reward. And we are very risk averse.
This guy could well be on 12:05 - Jul 6 with 1698 viewsCleedale

Interesting thread.

Imo. Mattheson has (much) quicker feet than Adshead - whether that's to do with his size and/or age and/or development...but more fast-twitch fibre muscles is a def. advantage in most sports. (Perhaps a reason why he's sometimes faded in latter parts of 1st team games as his endurance will most def. go). Also he def. has that absolutely 'no fear' approach.

As with a lot of other clubs' development squads (etc) we're always up against a more 'finished' product being readily available in war-torn wherever or 3rd world country X. No disrespect there but often get the impression in this country that players coast along in a safe zone whereas there's a lot will put in that extra mile to get away from Xxxxx.
This guy could well be on 12:08 - Jul 6 with 1687 viewsPotterDale

This guy could well be on 17:06 - Jul 5 by DaleFan7

That's 250k more than he's worth
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024