Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Country season tickets no longer available 13:48 - Aug 12 with 7460 viewsNorthYorksDale

Does anyone know why the country season tickets have been stopped?

I tried to renew my country season tickets last Friday in time for Saturdays game only to be told they are no longer available. Apparently if I'd have renewed earlier (I assume the early bird end date) it would have been possible but my only option now is a full season ticket. I only managed 8 of my 10 games last year so that's not viable for me.

I know I missed the date for discounted tickets and was happy to pay the full price but now I'm reduced to individual tickets and sometimes I don't know until the day if I can get over so I won't be paying the on the day price.

Unless there's a good reason just seems a very short sighted decision.
Country season tickets no longer available on 23:41 - Aug 12 with 1948 viewsD_Alien

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:46 - Aug 12 by since58

piss off.

Exactly

It's a precision instrument, not to be messed with just as Dale fans shouldn't be

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Country season tickets no longer available on 00:27 - Aug 13 with 1885 viewsDalenet

Country season tickets no longer available on 23:23 - Aug 12 by RAFCBLUE

Any admin fees for Exiles in previous years that were disproportionate to the cost of activity were a ripoff and on ST'S still are.

The OP was about why the club wouldn't sell Country Tickets to exiles past the early bird deadline when it has done in every year I can remember since that type of ticket was introduced.

There isn't a decent answer they (the club) can give to that IMO, whilst selling a full season which if you're an exile is impractical in the first instance.

The irony that the current Chief Exec spent many years as an Exile - and has now overseen a policy which makes life harder for Exiles - is not lost.

Nordenblue's post later in this thread is spot on.

Exactly. The club still doesn't feel it needed to offer any explanation as to why it chose to only sell STs and Country tickets after the season has finished which meant that anybody exiled couldn't buy a ticket before the end of the early bird period without paying the online booking fee.

So I have a hypothesis. The club can survive 4 or 5 years without our custom. Home fan gate receipts and extras make up 25% of the club's turnover at best. Away gate receipts, commercial revenues, league payments and player sales could sustain the club for a good few years. We are now incidental and tolerated. Not a great longer term strategy, but resources are focussed on the 75% of revenue that will need disproportionately less effort. Just a thought.
Country season tickets no longer available on 03:02 - Aug 13 with 1855 viewskiwidale

Country season tickets no longer available on 00:27 - Aug 13 by Dalenet

Exactly. The club still doesn't feel it needed to offer any explanation as to why it chose to only sell STs and Country tickets after the season has finished which meant that anybody exiled couldn't buy a ticket before the end of the early bird period without paying the online booking fee.

So I have a hypothesis. The club can survive 4 or 5 years without our custom. Home fan gate receipts and extras make up 25% of the club's turnover at best. Away gate receipts, commercial revenues, league payments and player sales could sustain the club for a good few years. We are now incidental and tolerated. Not a great longer term strategy, but resources are focussed on the 75% of revenue that will need disproportionately less effort. Just a thought.

Its very hard to understand the clubs logic in all this, In most businesses surplus stock is often sold at a loss especially when the use buy date has expired or is due to expire. On most match days the club has 5000 plus seats for sale that will expire at 3 o'clock the decision to charge considerably more 200% more for a match day ticket is commercial suicide. Match day tickets should be no more than 20 quid and a case could be made to discount them heavily once the game has started but what do I know.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 3:04]

This is not the time for bickering.

Country season tickets no longer available on 06:58 - Aug 13 with 1807 viewsD_Alien

Country season tickets no longer available on 00:27 - Aug 13 by Dalenet

Ah, now we're getting somewhere in this debate!

Cutting through the crap and getting to the real issue here is absolutely vital. It's been mooted before, but you've pinpointed what i believe to be the rationale underlying all current business decisions

It's getting to the point where the board aren't even bothering to pay lip service in the usual "fans are vital" way

But what should we expect, from someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Let me be clear, it's plain language required and nothing less

Country season tickets no longer available on 08:07 - Aug 13 with 1756 viewsRAFCBLUE

Country season tickets no longer available on 06:58 - Aug 13 by D_Alien

Ah, now we're getting somewhere in this debate!

Cutting through the crap and getting to the real issue here is absolutely vital. It's been mooted before, but you've pinpointed what i believe to be the rationale underlying all current business decisions

It's getting to the point where the board aren't even bothering to pay lip service in the usual "fans are vital" way

But what should we expect, from someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Let me be clear, it's plain language required and nothing less

And alas, this is the club's biggest blindspot.

Rather than developing and cultivating an engaged local and national fanbase, it seems content in trying to survive on a few large away gates each season whilst simultaneously milking the local fanbase with higher prices and further disincentives not to become fully involved.

Gate receipts could be the club's best revenue stream IF planned out and thought out properly.

As someone else said, there are 5,000 empty places not being optimised.

Make it easier for customers and they spend. Don't make it easy and they spend elsewhere.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Country season tickets no longer available on 08:30 - Aug 13 with 1735 viewsjudd

Country season tickets no longer available on 08:07 - Aug 13 by RAFCBLUE

And alas, this is the club's biggest blindspot.

Rather than developing and cultivating an engaged local and national fanbase, it seems content in trying to survive on a few large away gates each season whilst simultaneously milking the local fanbase with higher prices and further disincentives not to become fully involved.

Gate receipts could be the club's best revenue stream IF planned out and thought out properly.

As someone else said, there are 5,000 empty places not being optimised.

Make it easier for customers and they spend. Don't make it easy and they spend elsewhere.

You have to give the club credit for the cheap season ticket pricing, and for the efforts in marketing it around the borough. I am unsure on the results of these commendable efforts compared with like for like sales last season. But the encouraging sign was that the club got out and about and shouted about the initiative.

But the empty seats scenario is the one that is so difficult to overcome.

Aggressive pricing policies aimed at the occasional fan do not seem a sustainable strategy to me.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Country season tickets no longer available on 08:42 - Aug 13 with 1715 viewspioneer

Country season tickets no longer available on 08:30 - Aug 13 by judd

You have to give the club credit for the cheap season ticket pricing, and for the efforts in marketing it around the borough. I am unsure on the results of these commendable efforts compared with like for like sales last season. But the encouraging sign was that the club got out and about and shouted about the initiative.

But the empty seats scenario is the one that is so difficult to overcome.

Aggressive pricing policies aimed at the occasional fan do not seem a sustainable strategy to me.

Don’t need aggressive pricing. simply stop deterring walk up crowds by imposing massive price increases.
Country season tickets no longer available on 09:35 - Aug 13 with 1655 views1949er

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:24 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

It'd be perfect if he'd used the proper English word: piss, instead of unfathomably naff pish

Pish is a regularly ued word in Scotland for piss.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Country season tickets no longer available on 09:45 - Aug 13 with 1638 viewsfitzochris

Country season tickets no longer available on 09:35 - Aug 13 by 1949er

I think that’s been recognised.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Country season tickets no longer available on 09:53 - Aug 13 with 1623 viewsDaleiLama

Country season tickets no longer available on 23:23 - Aug 12 by RAFCBLUE

Any admin fees for Exiles in previous years that were disproportionate to the cost of activity were a ripoff and on ST'S still are.

The OP was about why the club wouldn't sell Country Tickets to exiles past the early bird deadline when it has done in every year I can remember since that type of ticket was introduced.

There isn't a decent answer they (the club) can give to that IMO, whilst selling a full season which if you're an exile is impractical in the first instance.

The irony that the current Chief Exec spent many years as an Exile - and has now overseen a policy which makes life harder for Exiles - is not lost.

Nordenblue's post later in this thread is spot on.

Totally agree with your comments here and in other posts on this thread, but my post was a specific response to your comments

"But on top of the £22 then they add an admin/postage fee for them to process it and then in some cases (if you order later in the week of the game) you have the risk of having to pick up at an away ground where they have never heard of you!

Failing the generosity of Dale fans you know who might be coming to the game and who will get you one, isn't it something the club should look at to encourage people to actually use the service? "

My experience, as posted in this and other threads, was that a call lasting less than 2 mins (quicker than on line probably) secured a ticket for an away game with no admin/delivery charge. I rocked up 5 mins before k.o., gave them my surname, then a confirmation of purchase and my three tickets were in an envelope with my name on, in a box ordered alphabetically with all other advance sales. It really couldn't have been easier.

The club has to be held to account (as it is being on this thread), but it also has to be commended for doing things right.

For me the biggest disappointment is that decisions are being made away from the fanbase (and Trust?), without consultation, by folk who aren't impacted and then there is anything between a scramble to try to get things right at one extreme to a proverbial two fingers at the other. Wouldn't it make more sense to consult with a working group made up of most fan types, formulate policy on this basis, then communicate policy with reasons to justify the policy? Or is that just a bit too progressive and disruptive?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Country season tickets no longer available on 12:12 - Aug 13 with 1526 viewsD_Alien

Country season tickets no longer available on 09:35 - Aug 13 by 1949er

Thanks, it's used as an adjective

Proves my point about correct use of English

[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 12:19]

Country season tickets no longer available (n/t) on 12:35 - Aug 13 with 1487 viewsalbert_park

Country season tickets no longer available on 12:46 - Aug 13 with 1453 viewsalbert_park

To put my experience this year on renewing a Country Season Ticket in the main stand: I was told that I couldn't get a reserved seat for just 10 games (maximum). I had to accept a Season Ticket in the Sandy for the original cost of the 10 game ticket and apply when I wanted to come to a game, when it would be exchanged for a seat in the main stand. As I have always had a seat next to other members of my family, I was told that I would get one as close as possible to them. I can't understand this logic as I don't think that the main stand would ever be actually sold out so why should I be separated from my family?
Country season tickets no longer available on 12:49 - Aug 13 with 1447 viewsSuddenLad

Country season tickets no longer available on 12:46 - Aug 13 by albert_park

To put my experience this year on renewing a Country Season Ticket in the main stand: I was told that I couldn't get a reserved seat for just 10 games (maximum). I had to accept a Season Ticket in the Sandy for the original cost of the 10 game ticket and apply when I wanted to come to a game, when it would be exchanged for a seat in the main stand. As I have always had a seat next to other members of my family, I was told that I would get one as close as possible to them. I can't understand this logic as I don't think that the main stand would ever be actually sold out so why should I be separated from my family?

Because it's easier to be difficult than actually accede to your simple request. That's how it is.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Country season tickets no longer available on 13:49 - Aug 13 with 1375 views49thseason

This is why we should sell 5 or 10 year debentures - a long term guarantee of a particuar seat for every match, which can be sold back to the club by the debenture holder if they cannot use the seat for whatever reason. This would secure extra income for the cub and give people the security of always having a particular seat available.. The current season ticket arrangements mean that to sit together, friends need to coordinate their ticket purchases. By purchasng a five year debenture for say the equivant of say £30 per season or £150 for five years, their seats would be reserved and the nonsese of having to sort out seats ahead of cupties etc. Would be avoided
Country season tickets no longer available on 16:37 - Aug 13 with 1297 viewsOxfordshiredale

Country season tickets no longer available on 12:46 - Aug 13 by albert_park

Similar experience. Have had two Country Season Tickets in Main Sstand for some years No explanation given in correspondence asking me to renew. Wrote to club no response.
Office staff explained- no complaint aganst them. Only renewed one this time and probably won't bother next year. Can spend money saved on going to more Southern matches without a near 400 mile round trip

Up the dale.
Country season tickets no longer available on 20:16 - Aug 13 with 1211 viewsRAFCBLUE

Country season tickets no longer available on 09:53 - Aug 13 by DaleiLama

Totally agree with your comments here and in other posts on this thread, but my post was a specific response to your comments

"But on top of the £22 then they add an admin/postage fee for them to process it and then in some cases (if you order later in the week of the game) you have the risk of having to pick up at an away ground where they have never heard of you!

Failing the generosity of Dale fans you know who might be coming to the game and who will get you one, isn't it something the club should look at to encourage people to actually use the service? "

My experience, as posted in this and other threads, was that a call lasting less than 2 mins (quicker than on line probably) secured a ticket for an away game with no admin/delivery charge. I rocked up 5 mins before k.o., gave them my surname, then a confirmation of purchase and my three tickets were in an envelope with my name on, in a box ordered alphabetically with all other advance sales. It really couldn't have been easier.

The club has to be held to account (as it is being on this thread), but it also has to be commended for doing things right.

For me the biggest disappointment is that decisions are being made away from the fanbase (and Trust?), without consultation, by folk who aren't impacted and then there is anything between a scramble to try to get things right at one extreme to a proverbial two fingers at the other. Wouldn't it make more sense to consult with a working group made up of most fan types, formulate policy on this basis, then communicate policy with reasons to justify the policy? Or is that just a bit too progressive and disruptive?

Some good points DL and to be fair, you're right - I'm judging my experiences of previous seasons not this one but I'd say for the last three things have not been right.

My first game will be Southend away and kindly a local Dale fan travelling down has sorted my ticket out.

On your last points - I don't see how or why you wouldn't consult with your customers and see how you could help them buy more or buy better.

Instead (and there is the testimony of a few on here re Country Season Tickets shows) the club has lost some Country Season ticket holders who were putting money into the club and now are not. That's not just ticket money but programmes, food and drink and merchandise.

That money may not have broken the bank but as a poster above says, the money can be put to Southern based away games without the hassle of the long trip to Spotland.

I travel around a fair bit with work and I really admire the way Exeter City do things - a club as small as us but run a heck of a lot better for fans - by fans which is possibly why some of the decisions are a bit more fan friendly and exile friendly.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Country season tickets no longer available on 21:11 - Aug 13 with 1167 viewspnc4eva1

Why not put out a plea to the members of the message board who have season tickets to see if they'll use their friend for cheaper voucher when you're coming up. I think I have one in my country wide ticket and if you let me know in advance, and I'm up for the game then we can meet up and get you a discounted ticket, for the sandy

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Country season tickets no longer available on 15:12 - Aug 14 with 1005 views442Dale

Have contacted the Trust regarding this on the back of a conversation with someone last night. They rightly pointed out some people are waiting to confirm on whether they’re at university in September and may then want to get a Country ST depending on where they’re located.

A request has been made for the club’s response to appear on the Trust site and hopefully it will see them further assist fans out of the area to attend more games as the Country ST is a great idea.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:08 - Aug 14 with 861 viewsTVOS1907

Country season tickets no longer available on 15:12 - Aug 14 by 442Dale

Have contacted the Trust regarding this on the back of a conversation with someone last night. They rightly pointed out some people are waiting to confirm on whether they’re at university in September and may then want to get a Country ST depending on where they’re located.

A request has been made for the club’s response to appear on the Trust site and hopefully it will see them further assist fans out of the area to attend more games as the Country ST is a great idea.

Here's an idea that might have holes in it, but I'm just thinking out loud.

A Level exams start in May, just after our season tickets go on sale. How about any Dale fan who thinks he/she might be at University in September can reserve a Country ST by paying, say, £10 deposit.

When they get their results (i.e. tomorrow), they then have to decide if they still want the Country ST.

OK, they will have already missed out on one game, but the bigger picture is more important.

* Or they could sit in their room eating pot noodles and looking for Meerkat Movies codes!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:09 - Aug 14 with 850 viewsjudd

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:08 - Aug 14 by TVOS1907

Here's an idea that might have holes in it, but I'm just thinking out loud.

A Level exams start in May, just after our season tickets go on sale. How about any Dale fan who thinks he/she might be at University in September can reserve a Country ST by paying, say, £10 deposit.

When they get their results (i.e. tomorrow), they then have to decide if they still want the Country ST.

OK, they will have already missed out on one game, but the bigger picture is more important.

* Or they could sit in their room eating pot noodles and looking for Meerkat Movies codes!

The best thing you can do is let this become somone else's great idea.

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:15 - Aug 14 with 843 viewsTVOS1907

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:09 - Aug 14 by judd

The best thing you can do is let this become somone else's great idea.

Gavin Williamson?

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:20 - Aug 14 with 830 viewsjudd

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:15 - Aug 14 by TVOS1907

Gavin Williamson?

Lost me there pal. Does he do skip hire/Pavlovian dog training?

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:27 - Aug 14 with 815 viewsTVOS1907

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:20 - Aug 14 by judd

Lost me there pal. Does he do skip hire/Pavlovian dog training?

Google him

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:28 - Aug 14 with 811 viewsjudd

Country season tickets no longer available on 22:27 - Aug 14 by TVOS1907

Google him

You filthy bastard!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024