Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust meeting with directors 18:22 - Nov 14 with 21319 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/11/meeting-with-the-directors-nov-2019/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust meeting with directors on 22:55 - Nov 27 with 3635 viewsJames1980

Trust meeting with directors on 22:48 - Nov 27 by judd

You're almost just a number, James1980

If a big beach ball starts following me round Rochdale next time I come to a game

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trust meeting with directors on 23:16 - Nov 27 with 3594 viewsD_Alien

Trust meeting with directors on 22:55 - Nov 27 by James1980

If a big beach ball starts following me round Rochdale next time I come to a game

Strange how toys can take on sinister connotations

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust meeting with directors on 23:23 - Nov 27 with 3582 viewsJames1980

Trust meeting with directors on 23:16 - Nov 27 by D_Alien

Strange how toys can take on sinister connotations

I'm not a number I'm a true fan

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trust meeting with directors on 11:05 - Nov 28 with 3382 views49thseason

And now.... a Christmas Car Boot Sale..... Hooray!

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/1199991320472932352

I hope they have got one of these:
http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/licences-and-registration/business-and-street-trading
Trust meeting with directors on 13:28 - Nov 28 with 3266 views442Dale

Trust meeting with directors on 21:24 - Nov 27 by 442Dale

There is a real concern that the current situation is having a VERY divisive and negative effect on the club.

I really, really hope the Trust are not only aware of this but, as always, doing their very best to look to find a positive route forward. The apparent lack of direction and constant instances of supporters’ concerns being heightened by events is, quite frankly, chipping away at enthusiasm and moral.

This is not about individuals, either at the club or on the terraces, everyone will have their own thoughts, opinions and stance; this is about Rochdale AFC and where it is heading.

To reiterate this, the Trust have a very important part to play at present. We are in the choppiest of waters when it would be perfectly achievable to keep the boat well away from them. Or at least get the boat’s captain to grab hold of the wheel to move it somewhere less stormy.

It’s bordering on farcical now. Let it meander on by all means, but it doesn’t need to be that way.

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:12 - Nov 28 with 3061 viewsBobsAdaley

Trust meeting with directors on 11:57 - Nov 17 by TalkingSutty

Good post that, there is a big communication problem at the moment between the Club and the fans. If it’s true that the Trust have to submit the fans questions to the Club before meeting up with the Directors then that tells you all you need to know, what a farcical situation that would be and under those circumstances then it’s no wonder suspicion is rife. What’s the point in meeting up..just wait for the answers to be emailed back!

The main thing I have ascertained from speaking to DB is his focus on us securing our own training complex,something i disagreed with him about but i am fully aware that some fans will welcome the idea. It’s not the idea itself that i have a problem with, just the long term financing and ongoing funds required to make it successful. If we are skint now,i can’t get my head around how we would fund this in the likely event we slip back down to L2 .

I also thought we were now settled in at the cricket club and had invested funds into that facility, i’m sure the Club social media was full of it at the time? If DB reveals the master plan and how it will be funded without compromising the Stadium or raising finance against it then obviously it will be worthy of scrutiny. In the meantime the first team needs sorting out to ensure we stay in this league, that’s the priority .
[Post edited 17 Nov 2019 12:03]

[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 22:45]
Trust meeting with directors on 22:23 - Nov 28 with 3044 views442Dale

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:12 - Nov 28 by BobsAdaley

Also, to clarify, again, are the Trust now answering issues on this messageboard or not? Mixed messages are leading to confusion.

However, that said, thank you for communicating that information on behalf of the Trust.

Trust meeting with directors on 22:31 - Nov 28 with 3025 viewsjudd

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:12 - Nov 28 by BobsAdaley

With respect, I have been shown an email that states the reason for the deadline for questions to the board was so they could be submitted beforehand to the club as a trial and if it did not work out in this format would be changed back (I am paraphrasing.)

Perhaps they still weren't submitted beforehand ?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust meeting with directors on 22:31 - Nov 28 with 3021 viewsDalenet

Trust meeting with directors on 11:05 - Nov 28 by 49thseason

And now.... a Christmas Car Boot Sale..... Hooray!

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/1199991320472932352

I hope they have got one of these:
http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/licences-and-registration/business-and-street-trading

To be fair I would rather they use the stadium and facilities for the community or for commercial gain than not. We need to do as much as we can to remind the wider population that their football club is there. Of course it shouldn't be a distraction from some of the other issues
Trust meeting with directors on 22:34 - Nov 28 with 3004 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 22:31 - Nov 28 by Dalenet

To be fair I would rather they use the stadium and facilities for the community or for commercial gain than not. We need to do as much as we can to remind the wider population that their football club is there. Of course it shouldn't be a distraction from some of the other issues

Agreed. The facility should be made to work. I think the hope is that the licence (if required) is in place.

I've heard that the summer pitch hire netted summat like £10k. Highly commendable.

Trust meeting with directors on 09:34 - Dec 7 with 2654 views442Dale

As per the December Trust newsletter:

“There has been a great deal of discussion and concern following these meetings with the club and some of the responses that were given to us. As such, we have approached the club with regard to hosting a Fans Forum event early in the New Year. We will publish details of their response as soon as we have received it.”

Trust meeting with directors on 12:14 - Dec 13 with 2418 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/december/fans-forum-to-be-held-in-januar

Trust meeting with directors on 12:17 - Dec 13 with 2401 viewsrochdaleriddler

Trust meeting with directors on 12:14 - Dec 13 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/december/fans-forum-to-be-held-in-januar

All day event?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Trust meeting with directors on 16:00 - Dec 13 with 2261 views442Dale

Trust article on the fans forum on Jan 13th:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/12/fans-forum-announced-5/

Trust meeting with directors on 16:24 - Dec 13 with 2235 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 16:00 - Dec 13 by 442Dale

Trust article on the fans forum on Jan 13th:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/12/fans-forum-announced-5/

What a great idea to go with a presentation first, allowing questions afterwards that no doubt will be largely focussed on what has been presented.

It's understandable that some things simply cannot be reported on, but it is a great start in improving the communications between the board and the other supporters of the club.

I wonder will there be any pie charts?

Trust meeting with directors on 16:43 - Dec 13 with 2204 viewsD_Alien

Trust meeting with directors on 16:24 - Dec 13 by judd

What a great idea to go with a presentation first, allowing questions afterwards that no doubt will be largely focussed on what has been presented.

It's understandable that some things simply cannot be reported on, but it is a great start in improving the communications between the board and the other supporters of the club.

It's presumably in response to the criticism over lack of communication, but fair enough if it's going to put some meat on the bones (or in the pies)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust meeting with directors on 16:45 - Dec 13 with 2195 viewsrochdaleriddler

Trust meeting with directors on 16:43 - Dec 13 by D_Alien

It's presumably in response to the criticism over lack of communication, but fair enough if it's going to put some meat on the bones (or in the pies)

A great meating

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Trust meeting with directors on 17:38 - Dec 13 with 2132 viewstony_roch975

Trust meeting with directors on 12:14 - Dec 13 by 442Dale

having argued for the Board developing a strategic vision and communicating it to fans I welcome this & hope that will form part of the presentation

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Trust meeting with directors on 09:50 - Dec 14 with 1938 viewskiwidale

https://images.app.goo.gl/ydNo19iXSHvXXKbn7

This is not the time for bickering.

Trust meeting with directors on 00:01 - Dec 15 with 1733 viewsYadHoDale

There will be approximately 3.14159 pie charts...
Trust meeting with directors on 15:53 - Dec 17 with 1439 viewsDorsetDale

Were the trust consulted on ticket pricing for the Newcastle game?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Trust meeting with directors on 18:37 - Dec 17 with 1364 views442Dale

Trust meeting with directors on 15:53 - Dec 17 by DorsetDale

As per the Trust: they can confirm that no consultation took place.

Trust meeting with directors on 18:44 - Dec 17 with 1347 viewsisitme

Trust meeting with directors on 15:53 - Dec 17 by DorsetDale

Just out of interest what should and shouldn't the trust be consulted on?

The ticket prices are in line with what has been charged for supposedly more prestigious games this season so what I expected them to be. It also allows the club to maximise income from the away supporters.

I know that many people will be unhappy and wanted cheaper prices, but we are playing a Premier League team and we need every penny we can get.
Trust meeting with directors on 18:54 - Dec 17 with 1309 views442Dale

Trust meeting with directors on 18:44 - Dec 17 by isitme

Just out of interest what should and shouldn't the trust be consulted on?

The ticket prices are in line with what has been charged for supposedly more prestigious games this season so what I expected them to be. It also allows the club to maximise income from the away supporters.

I know that many people will be unhappy and wanted cheaper prices, but we are playing a Premier League team and we need every penny we can get.

It’s all about individual opinion on the decision, sometimes it’s best to think of the bigger picture. Whatever that picture may be.

The question was asked and, as you say, there’s a debate on what subjects the Trust should be consulted on. The club have to run a business afterall. On this occasion they chose not to, the information was passed on as an answer to the question.

As for the need for “every penny we can get”, that’s something many want further clarity on. Luckily there is an upcoming forum where the club, in their words will “outline the future of the Club, as well as covering recent events and where we currently stand in the present.”
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 18:57]

Trust meeting with directors on 19:03 - Dec 17 with 1278 viewsboromat

Trust meeting with directors on 18:54 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

It’s all about individual opinion on the decision, sometimes it’s best to think of the bigger picture. Whatever that picture may be.

The question was asked and, as you say, there’s a debate on what subjects the Trust should be consulted on. The club have to run a business afterall. On this occasion they chose not to, the information was passed on as an answer to the question.

As for the need for “every penny we can get”, that’s something many want further clarity on. Luckily there is an upcoming forum where the club, in their words will “outline the future of the Club, as well as covering recent events and where we currently stand in the present.”
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 18:57]

Should be a very interesting forum then!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024