Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread 09:46 - Nov 22 with 13436 viewsAtThePeake

Match Preview:

Match Preview: Dale v Portsmouth 21st Nov 2019 09:00
Dale are back in league action this weekend, desperately looking to end their dismal league form. Portsmouth are the visitors to Spotland. 0

Opposition View:

Opposition View: Dale v Portsmouth 21st Nov 2019 14:00
Ahead of this weekends game at home to Portsmouth, we had a chat with Pompey fan Tony Gladwin 1

Played For Both:

Played For Both: Dale vs Pompey 22nd Nov 2019 09:00
Few players have been able to get Dale fans on the edge of their seats in recent years like this week's Played For Both featured player, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 12:03 - Nov 24 with 1670 viewsD_Alien

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 11:54 - Nov 24 by aleanddale

A difficult watch.

All that possession and never really looked like scoring bar one looped back heeded effort that came back off the post first half from Pyke.

We are in spot of bother at the moment with injury.

We will have a chance this year with Bury gone and Bolton Southend and MK looking equally poor we might stay up.

Regardless the football is toothless and turgid. The MK home game we had so many chances as we looked to get shots off at every opportunity. A return to that style of mentality and play would be welcome.

We seemed to come out in the second half with just that intention - almost right away, Keohane fired off a shot towards the Sandy Lane goal which went over the bar but something he wouldn't have done in the first half

Two minutes later, they grabbed their second

I disagree that yesterday's performance was turgid, but grant toothless. We got into some very good positions by clever use of the ball but then wasted it with a poor final pass when a goal was beckoning. That's far from turgid. The result just makes that style of football seem worse in retrospect

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 12:13 - Nov 24 with 1636 viewsfirgrovedale51

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 12:03 - Nov 24 by D_Alien

We seemed to come out in the second half with just that intention - almost right away, Keohane fired off a shot towards the Sandy Lane goal which went over the bar but something he wouldn't have done in the first half

Two minutes later, they grabbed their second

I disagree that yesterday's performance was turgid, but grant toothless. We got into some very good positions by clever use of the ball but then wasted it with a poor final pass when a goal was beckoning. That's far from turgid. The result just makes that style of football seem worse in retrospect

Agree with that I thought we were the better team we played the better football but we fell down in the last third
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 12:19 - Nov 24 with 1613 viewsjudd

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 12:13 - Nov 24 by firgrovedale51

Agree with that I thought we were the better team we played the better football but we fell down in the last third

Also agree.

Some nice movement up the pitch but utterly toothless where it mattered.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 12:27 - Nov 24 with 1573 viewsTVOS1907

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 10:36 - Nov 24 by seasidedale

I thought that all subs yesterday where youth teamers, Brierley according to the official site profiles is 118 years old birthday year 1901!

It's the default setting when the website providers don't know the correct date.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:28 - Nov 24 with 1422 viewsAtThePeake

Match Report:

Match Report: Dale 0-3 Portsmouth 24th Nov 2019 14:16
Dale slipped to a fifth straight league defeat after going down 0-3 to Portsmouth on Saturday afternoon. 1

Tangled up in blue.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:56 - Nov 24 with 1383 views100notout

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:28 - Nov 24 by AtThePeake

Match Report:

Match Report: Dale 0-3 Portsmouth 24th Nov 2019 14:16
Dale slipped to a fifth straight league defeat after going down 0-3 to Portsmouth on Saturday afternoon. 1

Any reason why the player ratings option is not available?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:23 - Nov 24 with 1325 viewsAtThePeake

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:56 - Nov 24 by 100notout

Any reason why the player ratings option is not available?

Can only assume it's something to do with the issues we're experiencing on the site at the moment with random abuse reports and people being taken off 'ignore' lists. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Tangled up in blue.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:48 - Nov 24 with 1108 viewsboromat

Over the last few matches we've looked very much like an Alan Buckley Rochdale side. Anyone remember that short reign? Obviously no where near the talents of the current squad but very much created a passing team that struggled to score.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024