Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec 14:08 - Dec 3 with 25680 viewschuckleberry

Date Confirmed / free travel!
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 01:46 - Dec 17 with 2314 viewsDaley_Lama

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 22:48 - Dec 16 by Sandyman

Wouldn't be so harsh on Done - he did some good things. O'Connell MOTM without doubt.
The ref 2nd half was madly towards Boston but he had to give that penalty. Unimpressive by Dale against a rag tag Boston team but we're through. NUFC at home on telly with big payday.

And on that date bury are........

......living on memories in a tap room somewhere having been kicked out of the competition TWICE for cheating.

Alpha Dale

PS Edit - Pyke was awful - send him back
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 22:49]

Credit to Boston (again) - even gane for me.

Dooley changed the game, time on ball, always in space, incisive forward passes.

Hope Hendo isn’t badly injured.

Poll: DF in or out

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 01:57 - Dec 17 with 2301 viewsAncoats_Blue

Can’t really say owt about the team that hasn’t been said.
I think the ref was poor. How Pyke got booked and then Boston awarded a free kick when he was shoved into the stand I don’t know.

Glad we beat them. The antics of some of their day trippers was cringeworthy. Flares on the pitch and shining laser pens in the players eyes. Ffs lads.

I’m also sick of how MASSIVE Boston are on the ol’ social media. They brought their entire home fan base to us in their biggest game In 20 odd years and call our following down there on a Monday night for a game none of us wanted and was on telly. They take double digit followings away on a Saturday!! Bloody turnip pickers.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 2:03]
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 05:01 - Dec 17 with 2242 viewsaleanddale

Robert Sanchez MOM tells its own story.

Boston unlucky and we got out of jail.

These players ARE good enough its up to BBM to get another 20% out of every one of them its all a bit matey for my liking.

A rocket up the arse required.
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 06:48 - Dec 17 with 2154 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 19:21 - Dec 16 by DaleiLama

They must have the heaters on then? Looks chuffing cold during the warm up. Have they got the XXXB on? Good old loopy juice that.

No heaters, a fleece and a coat though. Yes it was on, only had the one!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 07:12 - Dec 17 with 2117 viewssweetcorn

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 05:01 - Dec 17 by aleanddale

These players ARE good enough its up to BBM to get another 20% out of every one of them its all a bit matey for my liking.

“These players ARE good enough”

On what evidence?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 07:50 - Dec 17 with 2034 viewsdingdangblue

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 05:01 - Dec 17 by aleanddale

The problem was we only play 1 way, it was impossible for players to control the ball and pass it around on that pitch but Boston are obviously used to playing on those types of surfaces. Only Sanchez and O'Connell really performed - all the others were very poor but we were gifted 2 goals which got us through. A very tough night but who cares - we play Newcastle at Spotland and no one will bother how we got there on the day. It's going to be another brilliant occasion for us to enjoy - whatever the outcome.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:01 - Dec 17 with 1987 viewsaleanddale

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 07:12 - Dec 17 by sweetcorn

“These players ARE good enough”

On what evidence?

Previous performances in recent history.

I will excuse Mattheson and Morley as cutting there teeth in men's football.

Henderson Camps Done Pyke and several others all need to look at themselves a bit and find extra..

BBM is responsible for firing them up so they take the games to opposition but this is just not happening at the moment. Its boring and predictable and we looked second best in 2 games v a conference north side ( albeit a good one ).
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:03 - Dec 17 with 1975 viewsaleanddale

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 07:50 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

The problem was we only play 1 way, it was impossible for players to control the ball and pass it around on that pitch but Boston are obviously used to playing on those types of surfaces. Only Sanchez and O'Connell really performed - all the others were very poor but we were gifted 2 goals which got us through. A very tough night but who cares - we play Newcastle at Spotland and no one will bother how we got there on the day. It's going to be another brilliant occasion for us to enjoy - whatever the outcome.

Agreed 100%.

BBM still needs to create something different though as the players look lost and bereft of confidence to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:06 - Dec 17 with 1961 viewsSandyDrum

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:01 - Dec 17 by aleanddale

Henderson Camps Done Pyke and several others all need to look at themselves a bit and find extra..

BBM is responsible for firing them up so they take the games to opposition but this is just not happening at the moment. Its boring and predictable and we looked second best in 2 games v a conference north side ( albeit a good one ).

Hendo played for 11 minutes and 'scored' (own goal I know) but forced the own goal so not sure why he's been named here.

Agree with Camps, Done and especially the excuse of a footballer Pyke.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:12 - Dec 17 with 1933 viewsRippDale

Dale tinted glasses need to be removed.

3 seasons battling relegation, lack of goals, poor defensively, too many poor performances and so much boring tip tap football would suggest we are far from good enough.

The evidence is there
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:23 - Dec 17 with 1886 viewsJames1980

Rather be playing football in League 1 and looking forward to an FA Cup third round match at home to Newcastle, than......let me think about it..............facing going out of existence.

Last night was typical of many similar cup games played over the years
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 8:25]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:28 - Dec 17 with 1867 viewsdingdangblue

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:12 - Dec 17 by RippDale

3 seasons battling relegation, lack of goals, poor defensively, too many poor performances and so much boring tip tap football would suggest we are far from good enough.

The evidence is there

You expect us not to be battling relegation in Lge 1? Every season it is a battle to get near the 50 points required - we've done brilliantly to stay here 6 seasons and we are halfway to making it 7.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:28 - Dec 17 with 1867 viewssweetcorn

Going off the last 3 seasons i’d Hazard that last night was more the norm, than the odd good game we’ve played when we’ve raised levels to play a bigger side.

Do you think Boston play like they did last night every game? They’d be a lot higher in their respective league if they did. They took the game to a league one side and actually dominated for long periods of play, again they raised their level for the occasion, just as we have for good performances in the past. I prefer to base my opinion over a period of time, rather than games in isolation.

Not sure why you’ve named Henderson in that list, he’s not far off scoring half of our league goals..
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 8:34]

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:31 - Dec 17 with 1862 viewsupthedale

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 22:48 - Dec 16 by Sandyman

Wouldn't be so harsh on Done - he did some good things. O'Connell MOTM without doubt.
The ref 2nd half was madly towards Boston but he had to give that penalty. Unimpressive by Dale against a rag tag Boston team but we're through. NUFC at home on telly with big payday.

And on that date bury are........

......living on memories in a tap room somewhere having been kicked out of the competition TWICE for cheating.

Alpha Dale

PS Edit - Pyke was awful - send him back
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 22:49]

Agree I don't think Done was as bad as most have said. He was quiet for large spells, but that wasn't unusual - most of the players were. I thought after a decent first half Camps was anonymous in the second.

O'Connell had a brilliant game, but he was closest their man for their goal and playing them onside I think?
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:31 - Dec 17 with 1862 viewsSandyDrum

Twitter if rife with Boston fans complaining about the referee this morning and I have absolutely no idea why.

Perhaps because he didn't fall for their constant diving and attempts to win free kicks.

On the way out last night, I was approached by a steward who was clearly also a very dedicated Boston fan.
The first thing he did was congratulate us and then apologise for the behaviour and actions of the home fans in the terrace behind the goal.

There was a strong laser pen shone at Sanchez for most of the game, he had smoke bombs thrown within 10 feet of him at one point - apparently they even managed to set fire to part of the stand with one of the flares / smoke bombs.

He kept saying how embarrassed he / the stewarding team was, but they managed to find and arrest the laser pen guy in the 85th minute.

Very, very strange set of fans down there - I'm not really bothered about the smoke bombs or whatever but it must have been full of daytrippers for him to come and apologise like that.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:31 - Dec 17 with 1862 viewssweetcorn

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:28 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

You expect us not to be battling relegation in Lge 1? Every season it is a battle to get near the 50 points required - we've done brilliantly to stay here 6 seasons and we are halfway to making it 7.

I’m pretty sure you’re missing the point of his post. It was in response to someone saying the players are better than they are currently playing, his point is that they aren’t, as their record over the last 3 seasons has shown. Expectations of where you think we should be isn’t really all that relevant when assessing players abilities.

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:48 - Dec 17 with 1804 viewsdingdangblue

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:31 - Dec 17 by sweetcorn

I’m pretty sure you’re missing the point of his post. It was in response to someone saying the players are better than they are currently playing, his point is that they aren’t, as their record over the last 3 seasons has shown. Expectations of where you think we should be isn’t really all that relevant when assessing players abilities.

They are better than they played last night though. But that is why teams go out to lower league opponents. The so called bigger team under perform and the lower league team over perform. We will see that v Newcastle where the likes of Morley,Camps,Matheson,Norrington Davies will all look very capable players whereas last night they looked extremely nervous on the ball and dodgy. We are 18th in lge 1 : 3 points away from 13th place. Back to back away wins and some great games coming up - enjoy.

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 09:03 - Dec 17 with 1767 viewssweetcorn

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:48 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

They are better than they played last night though. But that is why teams go out to lower league opponents. The so called bigger team under perform and the lower league team over perform. We will see that v Newcastle where the likes of Morley,Camps,Matheson,Norrington Davies will all look very capable players whereas last night they looked extremely nervous on the ball and dodgy. We are 18th in lge 1 : 3 points away from 13th place. Back to back away wins and some great games coming up - enjoy.

They may be better than last night, but I keep seeing it banded about on here by posters that this team is better than its performing, as I said again, on what evidence? We’ve been pretty poor for 3 seasons, especially at home, which makes it worse as that’s what the bulk of the Fanbase (my self included) see.

I’ve missed 2 home games this season, guess which ones, the ones we won, so I haven’t seen us win a game in a serious amount of time. It’s piss poor and about time these players were gone from the club, they’ve had enough chances. BBM showed too much faith after a mini revival last season. He should have cut the deadwood from the squad.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 9:04]

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 09:25 - Dec 17 with 1696 viewsfitzochris

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 09:03 - Dec 17 by sweetcorn

They may be better than last night, but I keep seeing it banded about on here by posters that this team is better than its performing, as I said again, on what evidence? We’ve been pretty poor for 3 seasons, especially at home, which makes it worse as that’s what the bulk of the Fanbase (my self included) see.

I’ve missed 2 home games this season, guess which ones, the ones we won, so I haven’t seen us win a game in a serious amount of time. It’s piss poor and about time these players were gone from the club, they’ve had enough chances. BBM showed too much faith after a mini revival last season. He should have cut the deadwood from the squad.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 9:04]

Your last point could also be applied to Keith Hill and was arguably a major contributor to him ultimately losing his job.

Where BBM has added to the squad, he has been unlucky with injuries. That means he has had to rely on players from yesteryear and the youth. That said, the failure to land a forward and the decision to bring back Pyke cannot be mitigated so easily.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 09:32 - Dec 17 with 1681 viewsTVOS1907

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 07:50 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

We played a different way at Rotherham (more direct, more pace, etc) and produced a much better performance as a result.

Yes, Rotherham's pitch is better than Boston's and we had to raise our game against stronger opposition, but it showed we don't only have to play one way if we can help it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 09:45 - Dec 17 with 1664 viewsRochdale_ger

I would like to see more of the smash and grab performances that we had towards the back of last season. Possession based football with a lot of players with no ability is pointless if it doesn’t produce anything.
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 09:47 - Dec 17 with 1661 viewsSuddenLad

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 08:12 - Dec 17 by RippDale

The evidence is there

Yet, probably the three most financially lucrative seasons in our history.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 10:11 - Dec 17 with 1607 viewselectricblue

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 22:18 - Dec 16 by dawlishdale

Done and Pyke were hopeless...Done especially, as at least Pyke had a shot.

O,Connell and Sanchez were the stand out players for us, but Boston were very unfortunate not to at least take it to penalties. Cant believe Shun saying we were better overall.

I reckon we will make between £250-300k from the FA Cup this season...add this to the £500k from the Carabao cup and the pressure is really on the board to back BBM in January...because the squad as it stands isn't good enough.

Now theres a few quid in the coffers perhaps an improved 18mth contract is offered to McShane....
Would not surprise me on bit if Bolton come for McShane.

Moving players on like Lillis frees up up extra money that will help bring in players....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 10:28 - Dec 17 with 1556 viewsTVOS1907

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 10:11 - Dec 17 by electricblue

Now theres a few quid in the coffers perhaps an improved 18mth contract is offered to McShane....

Moving players on like Lillis frees up up extra money that will help bring in players....

You mean the currently injured (and has been for most of the last 18 months) McShane?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 10:54 - Dec 17 with 1512 viewssweetcorn

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 10:11 - Dec 17 by electricblue

Mcshane appears to be made out of weetabix, I'd steer away from any long term deal for him. Short term only, why risk a high earner who barely plays.

He has obvious quality, but can he play 30 games a season? I'm doubtful

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024