Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How on earth did this happen?? 18:00 - Apr 29 with 2450 viewsblackdogblue

Rochdale bus crash: Nine hurt as double-decker hits bridge https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52476221

Not being funny here & glad no one was killed but who the fook was driving this???

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

How on earth did this happen?? on 18:14 - Apr 29 with 2409 viewsD_Alien

What was the 471 doing there in the first place, is there a diversion?

Could be a driver unfamiliar with the route. As the article states, double-deckers have collided with the bridge on the Milkstone Rd side before, and i remember it happening when i used to live not far from there in the 1960s/70s, but never seen any kind of bus travelling on the opposite side of the station

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How on earth did this happen?? on 18:18 - Apr 29 with 2399 viewsforeverhopefulDale

They have obviously carried straight on instead of turning right onto Richard Street towards the Train Station.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 18:20]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

How on earth did this happen?? on 18:28 - Apr 29 with 2371 viewsmingthemerciless

How on earth did this happen?? on 18:14 - Apr 29 by D_Alien

What was the 471 doing there in the first place, is there a diversion?

Could be a driver unfamiliar with the route. As the article states, double-deckers have collided with the bridge on the Milkstone Rd side before, and i remember it happening when i used to live not far from there in the 1960s/70s, but never seen any kind of bus travelling on the opposite side of the station

Yes, that's happened several times in the past at that bridge. I'm surprised there was as many as 9 passengers on it. The driver did a got job though, they could use that as an open topped bus now !
How on earth did this happen?? on 18:32 - Apr 29 with 2360 viewsforeverhopefulDale

How on earth did this happen?? on 18:28 - Apr 29 by mingthemerciless

Yes, that's happened several times in the past at that bridge. I'm surprised there was as many as 9 passengers on it. The driver did a got job though, they could use that as an open topped bus now !

Is it not normally the Milkstone Road Bridge it normally occurs at, not the Station Road bridge?

How on earth did this happen?? on 18:38 - Apr 29 with 2337 viewsD_Alien

How on earth did this happen?? on 18:32 - Apr 29 by foreverhopefulDale

Is it not normally the Milkstone Road Bridge it normally occurs at, not the Station Road bridge?

Yes, i think this is a first for that side of the station, it's never been a bus route, and the recent changes to the road layout would make it awkward at that junction too, perhaps that's why it happened

[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 18:40]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How on earth did this happen?? on 19:28 - Apr 29 with 2251 viewsmingthemerciless

How on earth did this happen?? on 18:32 - Apr 29 by foreverhopefulDale

Yes you're right. I was thinking of the wrong bridge. Where did the driver think he was going ?
How on earth did this happen?? on 20:02 - Apr 29 with 2210 viewsforeverhopefulDale

How on earth did this happen?? on 19:28 - Apr 29 by mingthemerciless

Yes you're right. I was thinking of the wrong bridge. Where did the driver think he was going ?

Maybe they were driving too quickly to make the right turn, it’s a fairly tight turn, or hadn’t gone into the right hand lane in the approach to make the turning.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 20:20]

How on earth did this happen?? on 21:00 - Apr 29 with 2153 viewsRochdale_Rangar

How on earth did this happen?? on 19:28 - Apr 29 by mingthemerciless

The last time it happened it was a new driver and a female driver. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a new temp driver brought in and was unfamiliar with the route. My great uncle works for Rosso buses and he’s off work at the moment as he is classed as vulnerable to covid.
Login to get fewer ads

How on earth did this happen?? on 22:29 - Apr 29 with 2076 viewsdeeplishblue

Bus Crash by deeplishblue 9 Sep 2015 16:00
See that a bus has crashed into Milkstone Road bridge. Again.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/seventeen-injured-roof-torn-double-10019861

I remember at least 4 incidents of this - but there has probably been more

9th September 2015

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

How on earth did this happen?? on 12:41 - Apr 30 with 1866 viewsBlueMessiah

Absolutely inexcusable. Any professional driver has a responsibility to know the dimensions of their vehicle and the low bridge is clearly marked as such. Whether it's an unfamiliar route or not doesn't matter an ounce. I drive a tanker with high consequence dangerous goods, but not as high consequence as human lives.
I really hope the driver in question is now a former bus driver, people with such disregard for their passengers safety shouldn't be anywhere near a bus.

Poll: Do I Know You?

How on earth did this happen?? on 13:38 - Apr 30 with 1813 viewsjpresto

The bus was on the correct route past the Masonic hall on Richard Street, but the driver forgot to turn right before the bridge to go past the old job centre towards the station forecourt
How on earth did this happen?? on 15:50 - Apr 30 with 1749 viewskiwidale

How on earth did this happen?? on 13:38 - Apr 30 by jpresto

The bus was on the correct route past the Masonic hall on Richard Street, but the driver forgot to turn right before the bridge to go past the old job centre towards the station forecourt

There have been double decker buses hitting the low bridge on Milkstone rd since I was a lad is this a different bridge one on richard st. as an aside is the halfpenney bridge over the canal still there.as another aside did anybody call it the halfpenney bridge or like me the ap'ney bridge pronounced ape-ni

This is not the time for bickering.

How on earth did this happen?? on 15:53 - Apr 30 with 1743 viewsNigeriamark

How on earth did this happen?? on 13:38 - Apr 30 by jpresto

Let’s hope he knows where the new job centre is
How on earth did this happen?? on 16:10 - Apr 30 with 1710 viewsBigDaveMyCock

It was his dream to be like Erol Flynn, just for a day.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

How on earth did this happen?? on 17:00 - Apr 30 with 1658 viewskiwidale

How on earth did this happen?? on 16:10 - Apr 30 by BigDaveMyCock

It was his dream to be like Erol Flynn, just for a day.

He should be careful what he wishes for it's no laughing matter being hung like Errol Flynn as your name suggests Big Dave.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 17:09]

This is not the time for bickering.

How on earth did this happen?? on 19:01 - Apr 30 with 1577 viewsdiver

I blame Brexit
How on earth did this happen?? on 19:02 - Apr 30 with 1575 viewssmaclad1

How on earth did this happen?? on 15:50 - Apr 30 by kiwidale

There have been double decker buses hitting the low bridge on Milkstone rd since I was a lad is this a different bridge one on richard st. as an aside is the halfpenney bridge over the canal still there.as another aside did anybody call it the halfpenney bridge or like me the ap'ney bridge pronounced ape-ni

Halfpenny Bridge is a listed building, though it has been a long time since it went over the canal. Some recent photos if you scroll down the linked page.

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1031919
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024