Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amankwah replacement 16:42 - Oct 16 with 9284 viewsSuddenLad

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Amankwah replacement on 13:18 - Oct 18 with 3448 viewsSuddenLad

Amankwah replacement on 13:14 - Oct 18 by fitzochris

The only news I have is that the deal went through successfully at around 4.50pm on Friday. It then required EFL clearance, as all deals do, but this is a formality and doesn’t usually stop clubs announcing a signing. So, in short, I don’t know why neither Dale or Brighton haven’t announced this and can only guess that it’s because they want the player to arrive and do all the photos/interview etc before doing so.

Makes perfect sense. They'll want him at Spotland, wearing shirt, waving scarf etc., etc. and able to be interviewed. Probably hadn't arrived up here at the time of it being mentioned and won't be announced until Monday.

Amankwah replacement on 13:30 - Oct 18 with 3399 viewskel

Is that lad from United stuck on the M60 then?
Amankwah replacement on 14:10 - Oct 18 with 3296 views49thseason

Dont see why they didnt announce it. Its not as if its going to put any bums on seats.
Amankwah replacement on 14:55 - Oct 19 with 2811 viewsdavidab2202

Amankwah replacement on 13:18 - Oct 18 by SuddenLad

Makes perfect sense. They'll want him at Spotland, wearing shirt, waving scarf etc., etc. and able to be interviewed. Probably hadn't arrived up here at the time of it being mentioned and won't be announced until Monday.

Reckon he could have walked from Brighton by now if that was what we are waiting for. Alternatively he could be announced as our first signing in January window.
Amankwah replacement on 15:42 - Oct 19 with 2684 viewsJames1980

Amankwah replacement on 14:55 - Oct 19 by davidab2202

Reckon he could have walked from Brighton by now if that was what we are waiting for. Alternatively he could be announced as our first signing in January window.

I have today and tomorrow off I could have driven him

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Amankwah replacement on 19:02 - Oct 19 with 2396 viewsjudd

https://www.facebook.com/789825281057876/posts/4712697088770656/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Amankwah replacement on 19:03 - Oct 19 with 2397 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/october/haydon-roberts-signing/

Amankwah replacement on 19:23 - Oct 19 with 2318 viewsfitzochris

It was never in doubt :)

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Amankwah replacement on 10:06 - Oct 20 with 1844 viewsjonahwhereru

We needed this news. IT was shades of Calvin stepping into CH again before this. It is testimony to the way the club handled Bob that BHA have loaned us another well regarded player.
Will be interesting to compare him to Luke as they are both internationals, albeit that Luke has more experience of men’s football at this stage. If he shows the same level of quality and even half of Luke’s superb attitude he will do fine.
I guess with all the shenanigans on the clearance his arrival is to late for his participation this evening.

Welcome Haydon.
Amankwah replacement on 11:06 - Oct 20 with 1742 viewsD_Dale

And now reported by the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54612082
Amankwah replacement on 11:14 - Oct 20 with 1729 viewsrochdaleriddler

Amankwah replacement on 10:06 - Oct 20 by jonahwhereru

We needed this news. IT was shades of Calvin stepping into CH again before this. It is testimony to the way the club handled Bob that BHA have loaned us another well regarded player.
Will be interesting to compare him to Luke as they are both internationals, albeit that Luke has more experience of men’s football at this stage. If he shows the same level of quality and even half of Luke’s superb attitude he will do fine.
I guess with all the shenanigans on the clearance his arrival is to late for his participation this evening.

Welcome Haydon.

Went through on time, shouldn’t be an issue

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Amankwah replacement on 11:22 - Oct 20 with 1706 viewsShun

He's seriously well-regarded by Brighton fans who all seem think this is a real coup for us. If that's true it might not be long before he's starting games alongside O'Connell.
Amankwah replacement on 11:25 - Oct 20 with 1692 viewsfitzochris

Amankwah replacement on 18:26 - Oct 16 by fitzochris

From my contact:

You’ve landed an absolute gem here. Championship standard at least.

He hasn't come here to warm the bench for the duration of his loan, that's for sure.

Amankwah replacement on 19:09 - Oct 20 with 1441 viewsD_Dale

Amankwah replacement on 11:25 - Oct 20 by fitzochris

He hasn't come here to warm the bench for the duration of his loan, that's for sure.

Yep, he starts tonight, despite, presumably, little training with the other players.
Amankwah replacement on 12:35 - Oct 21 with 1290 viewsBrierls

I thought that was a very assured debut.

I know we didn't see much of Amankwaah but on that showing Roberts is in a different league. Amankwaah is a promising young player, Roberts is starting XI ready.
Amankwah replacement on 13:22 - Oct 21 with 1201 views442Dale

Amankwah replacement on 12:35 - Oct 21 by Brierls

I know we didn't see much of Amankwaah but on that showing Roberts is in a different league. Amankwaah is a promising young player, Roberts is starting XI ready.

Would he be an option to play in a back three with O'Connell and McShane and allowing the fullbacks to push on a bit? That would definitely suit McLaughlin. Would then mean we could play two up front in Beesley and Humphrys when he’s back.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Amankwah replacement on 13:27 - Oct 21 with 1191 viewsD_Alien

Amankwah replacement on 13:22 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

Would he be an option to play in a back three with O'Connell and McShane and allowing the fullbacks to push on a bit? That would definitely suit McLaughlin. Would then mean we could play two up front in Beesley and Humphrys when he’s back.

Good thinking. It'd also allow greater scope for O'Connell's 'interesting' forays upfield

Think it'd suit all our fullback options, and also free Morley into a more natural position, although the midfield options might also be more limited since i can't see Lund, Ryan or Rathbone missing out

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Amankwah replacement on 13:39 - Oct 21 with 1161 viewsisitme

Amankwah replacement on 13:22 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

A good idea as it compensate for our lack of wide players. McLauglin and Bola are reasonably quick and could do the job well. Perm two from Lund/Ryan and Morley for the two sitting midfielders and then play Rathbone in a more advanced role. Or maybe even play Newby and Rathbone off Humphrys with more of a licence to roam. Or is that that a bit too much like England?
Amankwah replacement on 14:15 - Oct 21 with 1123 viewstony_roch975

Amankwah replacement on 13:39 - Oct 21 by isitme

A good idea as it compensate for our lack of wide players. McLauglin and Bola are reasonably quick and could do the job well. Perm two from Lund/Ryan and Morley for the two sitting midfielders and then play Rathbone in a more advanced role. Or maybe even play Newby and Rathbone off Humphrys with more of a licence to roam. Or is that that a bit too much like England?

Like a back 3 especially with 2 strikers but the down side is the lack of protection for the wing backs - the two wide midfielders (currently Rathbone & Newby) do make us much stronger in midfield and arguably was one of the reasons for our win last night?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Amankwah replacement on 14:23 - Oct 21 with 1111 viewstony_roch975

Amankwah replacement on 12:35 - Oct 21 by Brierls

We do tend as fans to go overboard on one result - true Roberts calmness under pressure last night was impressive but I'd like to see how he goes in a few more games against different opponents. I recall lots of praise for Newby & Beesley after their first game but now folk are rightly more balanced in their assessment.

Amankwah replacement on 14:50 - Oct 21 with 1061 viewsDaleiLama

Amankwah replacement on 14:23 - Oct 21 by tony_roch975

We do tend as fans to go overboard on one result - true Roberts calmness under pressure last night was impressive but I'd like to see how he goes in a few more games against different opponents. I recall lots of praise for Newby & Beesley after their first game but now folk are rightly more balanced in their assessment.

It's like a pendulum the way the mood swings back and forth sometimes - the only thing that changes is the speed of the swing. Fleetwood - Hull - Burton. Let's hope the trend doesn't continue at the same speed.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Amankwah replacement on 14:57 - Oct 21 with 1041 views442Dale

Amankwah replacement on 14:15 - Oct 21 by tony_roch975

Like a back 3 especially with 2 strikers but the down side is the lack of protection for the wing backs - the two wide midfielders (currently Rathbone & Newby) do make us much stronger in midfield and arguably was one of the reasons for our win last night?

O'Connell sometimes played a defensive midfield role during his time with a former league club that won a pointless promotion. With him able to play that position, we could change mid-game to the current formation if that extra protection was required in wider midfield areas. It’s certainly flexible with the players we have at our disposal.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Amankwah replacement on 15:13 - Oct 21 with 1005 viewsfitzochris

Amankwah replacement on 14:57 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

O'Connell sometimes played a defensive midfield role during his time with a former league club that won a pointless promotion. With him able to play that position, we could change mid-game to the current formation if that extra protection was required in wider midfield areas. It’s certainly flexible with the players we have at our disposal.

And a quite deliberate part of BBM's recruitment strategy when utilising a small squad... apparently.

Amankwah replacement on 15:26 - Oct 21 with 976 viewstony_roch975

Amankwah replacement on 15:13 - Oct 21 by fitzochris

And a quite deliberate part of BBM's recruitment strategy when utilising a small squad... apparently.

I have to say what an unsung hero Jimmy Keohane is and the epitome of that flexibility - LB, RB, CB in one of Dale's greatest ever results at Old Trafford and leading scorer this campaign so far; seems to me he's been a rare consistent performer this season and looks like he's enjoying his football.

Amankwah replacement on 15:38 - Oct 21 with 960 viewsisitme

Amankwah replacement on 15:26 - Oct 21 by tony_roch975

I have to say what an unsung hero Jimmy Keohane is and the epitome of that flexibility - LB, RB, CB in one of Dale's greatest ever results at Old Trafford and leading scorer this campaign so far; seems to me he's been a rare consistent performer this season and looks like he's enjoying his football.

He is the modern day version of John Ryan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024