Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale 17:15 - Nov 2 with 14846 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Oxford vs Rochdale 2nd Nov 2020 17:13
The matches continue to come thick and fast for Dale as they head to Oxford United on Tuesday night looking to stretch their unbeaten run to five matches. 3

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 11:24 - Nov 3 with 5283 viewsAncoats_Blue

A team bottom of the league that has conceded at least 2 in all but one of their league matches this season. Even with their crap start and our recent form I’ve a horrible feeling we’ll lose this. We have a crap recent record there. That and we seem to have a habit of gifting results to teams in poor form. Tonight’s game is giving me flashbacks of Wimbledon away last October. Hope I’m wrong.
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 11:38 - Nov 3 with 5254 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 11:24 - Nov 3 by Ancoats_Blue

A team bottom of the league that has conceded at least 2 in all but one of their league matches this season. Even with their crap start and our recent form I’ve a horrible feeling we’ll lose this. We have a crap recent record there. That and we seem to have a habit of gifting results to teams in poor form. Tonight’s game is giving me flashbacks of Wimbledon away last October. Hope I’m wrong.

I am more optimistic. We were terrific last Tuesday v Sunderland in a game that we usually do not turn up to.

These new lads look full of confidence and we have some good experience helping them through games with O Connell / Lund / Done in and around them.

It will be a tough game but i think Dale will give a good account of themselves and get at least a point with a hard fought draw

Last few games have looked like the early Hill era when we repeatedly gave bigger sides a proper game.
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 11:49 - Nov 3 with 5235 viewsAncoats_Blue

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 11:38 - Nov 3 by aleanddale

I am more optimistic. We were terrific last Tuesday v Sunderland in a game that we usually do not turn up to.

These new lads look full of confidence and we have some good experience helping them through games with O Connell / Lund / Done in and around them.

It will be a tough game but i think Dale will give a good account of themselves and get at least a point with a hard fought draw

Last few games have looked like the early Hill era when we repeatedly gave bigger sides a proper game.

Aye, hope I’m wrong. It’d be nice to keep the run going and to see us in the top half of the table for what feels like years. Probably is years! Nosebleed territory. Also good to keep form ready for Saturday’s cup match. I don’t fancy being dumped out by some plucky non league minnow ;).
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 12:04 - Nov 3 with 5205 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 11:49 - Nov 3 by Ancoats_Blue

Aye, hope I’m wrong. It’d be nice to keep the run going and to see us in the top half of the table for what feels like years. Probably is years! Nosebleed territory. Also good to keep form ready for Saturday’s cup match. I don’t fancy being dumped out by some plucky non league minnow ;).

I hope your wrong

Its a big test tonight i am looking forward to the game.

Up The Dale!!
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 13:15 - Nov 3 with 5138 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 11:49 - Nov 3 by Ancoats_Blue

What run we've not won either of the last 2 games

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 14:04 - Nov 3 with 5066 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 11:24 - Nov 3 by Ancoats_Blue

Wimbledon away last season was when the lack of depth in the squad really kicked in. We had Andrew at CH and Hendo was ill and only came on in the second half. 3 down at half time. Even then we dominated the second half, with a brace from Henderson, a disallowed goal for Camps, Rathbone hit the post and Tavares produced a world class stop from their keeper. But of course you are right we lost. But with a healthier squad, full of confidence and battling qualities we are a different proposition now.
If Ryan doesn’t play we are going to need to tweak the midfield, cos Dooley is no Ryan. Wondering if Done may even go into Ryan’s slot. Also wonder if Baah might make the bench. I think we will score, but just don’t have a feel for how many Oxford will score. Hopefully none.
UTD
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 15:34 - Nov 3 with 4949 viewsJames1980

How do Oxford compare to Southend last season?
Fingers crossed we can break a similar hoodoo.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 15:55 - Nov 3 with 4914 viewsfermin

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 15:34 - Nov 3 by James1980

How do Oxford compare to Southend last season?
Fingers crossed we can break a similar hoodoo.

You can't compare them to Southend. They were nearly promoted last season, so the squad is decent as there have not been that many changes. Their keeper is struggling a bit. I think they will turn it around at some point, but hopefully not tonight.

They have also hardly played any home games as they have had three games called off shortly before kick-off due to Covid in the opposition (Crewe twice - original and rearranged date - and Swindon). In the local press Karl Robinson is saying they should get the points rather than play the games. https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18823731.derby-not-rearranged-says-oxford-uni
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 15:59 - Nov 3 with 4905 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 15:55 - Nov 3 by fermin

You can't compare them to Southend. They were nearly promoted last season, so the squad is decent as there have not been that many changes. Their keeper is struggling a bit. I think they will turn it around at some point, but hopefully not tonight.

They have also hardly played any home games as they have had three games called off shortly before kick-off due to Covid in the opposition (Crewe twice - original and rearranged date - and Swindon). In the local press Karl Robinson is saying they should get the points rather than play the games. https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18823731.derby-not-rearranged-says-oxford-uni

Was afraid you might say that hopefully we are playing them at the right time. Be great if Beesley could get one today even if it is an equaliser in the 94th

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 16:46 - Nov 3 with 4832 viewsfunkkk

A tougher game than the league table would suggest on first glance. I'd take a point, some good news on the bench and keeping the unbeaten run going.
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 17:14 - Nov 3 with 4759 viewsYadHoDale

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 16:46 - Nov 3 by funkkk

A tougher game than the league table would suggest on first glance. I'd take a point, some good news on the bench and keeping the unbeaten run going.

Be interesting to see the teamsheet. Assuming Ryan can't play, does BBM
1) Play Brierley, Hopper or maybe Keohane as a straight replacement?
2) Bring McShane or McNulty into Central defence and move O'Connell or Roberts into midfield?
3) Play Rathbone deeper, and bring in Done or Dooley?

Could be any of them...
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 17:21 - Nov 3 with 4735 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 17:14 - Nov 3 by YadHoDale

Be interesting to see the teamsheet. Assuming Ryan can't play, does BBM
1) Play Brierley, Hopper or maybe Keohane as a straight replacement?
2) Bring McShane or McNulty into Central defence and move O'Connell or Roberts into midfield?
3) Play Rathbone deeper, and bring in Done or Dooley?

Could be any of them...

Could Keohane aka Mr Versatile do a job in Jimmy R's role?

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 18:06 - Nov 3 with 4643 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 18:15 - Nov 3 with 4598 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 18:06 - Nov 3 by boromat

Looks like he is Covering Mclaughlin

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 18:23 - Nov 3 with 4550 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 18:15 - Nov 3 by James1980

Looks like he is Covering Mclaughlin

All you need is Lund 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 18:55 - Nov 3 with 4390 viewsboromat

Glad to see Ryan start!

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:05 - Nov 3 with 4300 viewsTomRAFC

Anyone else's iFollow not working?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:11 - Nov 3 with 4228 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:05 - Nov 3 by TomRAFC

Mine ok. Very bright first 10 mins. We're really having a go so far

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:12 - Nov 3 with 4205 viewsMasher

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:05 - Nov 3 by TomRAFC

Mines not working. Black screen with the usual white circle. Wiating forever for the agent to tell me to do what i have already done

Up The Dale!!

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:16 - Nov 3 with 4129 viewsTomRAFC

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:12 - Nov 3 by Masher

Mines not working. Black screen with the usual white circle. Wiating forever for the agent to tell me to do what i have already done

Glad it's not just me. Let me know if they come up with a solution.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:17 - Nov 3 with 4119 viewsSandyDrum

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:12 - Nov 3 by Masher

Same - infuriating really.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:18 - Nov 3 with 4087 viewsClivert

Audio working (Oxford commentary only) but no video for me.
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:22 - Nov 3 with 4043 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:17 - Nov 3 by SandyDrum

In the past people have logged out and into ifollow again

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:23 - Nov 3 with 4015 viewsAncoats_Blue

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:17 - Nov 3 by SandyDrum

When I’ve had that issue clearing cache and cookies for the past week and logging back on does the job.
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:24 - Nov 3 with 3995 views49thseason

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 19:18 - Nov 3 by Clivert

Audio working (Oxford commentary only) but no video for me.

Use the +10 seconds button repeatedly to get to the current point and reduce your picture quality to lowest or auto
its a sh one t service no question.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024