Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM contract confirmed 13:34 - Mar 11 with 11825 viewsjacko_dale

Expires in May 2022.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/march/fansforumupdate/
BBM contract confirmed on 13:38 - Mar 11 with 5969 views442Dale

#workinghard

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM contract confirmed on 13:40 - Mar 11 with 5950 viewsJimmyRustler

So was the original reporting an oversight and he was actually given a 3 year deal? Or has this been extended? If so, when? And why?
BBM contract confirmed on 13:42 - Mar 11 with 5923 viewsJames1980

Good to have confirmation but an explanation of when and why might have been a worthwhile addition.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM contract confirmed on 13:43 - Mar 11 with 5920 views442Dale

BBM contract confirmed on 13:40 - Mar 11 by JimmyRustler

So was the original reporting an oversight and he was actually given a 3 year deal? Or has this been extended? If so, when? And why?

Unfortunately details like that and communication on this topic hasn’t been up to the high standards they aspire to within that article.

That’ll be accepted and apologies all round.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM contract confirmed on 13:46 - Mar 11 with 5891 viewsKnowlesy

An absolute disgrace. It's not good enough to simply say communication hasn't been to the standard that we aspire to. We employ a full time media team. The standards were already pretty low.
BBM contract confirmed on 13:48 - Mar 11 with 5868 viewsmightydale

The club is taking piss out out of us !!!

Boycott season tickets
Boycott buying shirts
Boycott the lottery.
Avoid paying a tenner on Saturday or any other game

Avoid putting a penny into the club until this shower of shit are removed.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 13:55]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

BBM contract confirmed on 13:48 - Mar 11 with 5862 viewsDalenet

BBM contract confirmed on 13:46 - Mar 11 by Knowlesy

An absolute disgrace. It's not good enough to simply say communication hasn't been to the standard that we aspire to. We employ a full time media team. The standards were already pretty low.

You'd at least hope that all the Board members had been communicated with wouldn't you. GR is asleep at the wheel if he was
BBM contract confirmed on 13:49 - Mar 11 with 5851 viewsMass_Debater

BBM contract confirmed on 13:38 - Mar 11 by 442Dale

#workinghard

Everyone in the country is working hard, apart from those who have lost their jobs and livelihood through this pandemic. I'm sick of it being mentioned as though it makes them something special.
Login to get fewer ads

BBM contract confirmed on 13:52 - Mar 11 with 5816 viewsalderleydale

BBM contract confirmed on 13:49 - Mar 11 by Mass_Debater

Everyone in the country is working hard, apart from those who have lost their jobs and livelihood through this pandemic. I'm sick of it being mentioned as though it makes them something special.

Absolutely spot on.
BBM contract confirmed on 13:53 - Mar 11 with 5800 viewsNigeriamark

So in essence a Burnley/Dyche type of deal the first time they were promoted. By working with a non-crippling player budget that hoped rather than targeted staying in the premier league, they allowed for a relegation and the first crack at getting them back up again, which he did. Let's see how BBM does. Now its announced I'm willing to give him a fresh start in league 2 for the first few months

..................All assuming he doesn't provide a miracle this season
BBM contract confirmed on 13:54 - Mar 11 with 5795 viewskel

This isn’t just an oversight, it’s unprofessional and not good enough. Somebody, somewhere isn’t doing their job properly and it needs sorting.
BBM contract confirmed on 13:59 - Mar 11 with 5749 viewsJames1980

BBM contract confirmed on 13:40 - Mar 11 by JimmyRustler

I asked that last night re his initial contract. No and it's in bold in the article on the official site.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 14:02]

BBM contract confirmed on 14:00 - Mar 11 with 5737 viewsDaleiLama

I made it just past the hour mark. Wonder how many of the nearly 1k were still there at the end. Should give the club an idea what SC sales might be next year

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

BBM contract confirmed on 14:04 - Mar 11 with 5711 viewsTomRAFC

We've been left to have big conversations about the future of our club without "the context". We've been told how important "the context" is.

Comments about improved communication are pretty hollow at this point. They've been saying the same thing for years. This is a new level though. There have been fans wondering about the future of their club because the managers contract was apparently expiring. Could we afford to sack him? Would we let the contract expire? etc. Now it turns out that there was never really a risk of either of those. They've said they read the messageboard, they know we didn't know. We were left in the dark to have impassioned conversations on a completely moot point.

I'd love to know when it was agreed. Not just to know how long we have been kept in the dark, but to check if we were performing in a way that deserved an extension at the time it was given.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

BBM contract confirmed on 14:06 - Mar 11 with 5691 viewsDaleiLama

BBM contract confirmed on 14:04 - Mar 11 by TomRAFC

We've been left to have big conversations about the future of our club without "the context". We've been told how important "the context" is.

Comments about improved communication are pretty hollow at this point. They've been saying the same thing for years. This is a new level though. There have been fans wondering about the future of their club because the managers contract was apparently expiring. Could we afford to sack him? Would we let the contract expire? etc. Now it turns out that there was never really a risk of either of those. They've said they read the messageboard, they know we didn't know. We were left in the dark to have impassioned conversations on a completely moot point.

I'd love to know when it was agreed. Not just to know how long we have been kept in the dark, but to check if we were performing in a way that deserved an extension at the time it was given.

It also explains why BBM explained he was only interested in the process and not the result. He's bombproof until 22.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

BBM contract confirmed on 14:07 - Mar 11 with 5681 viewsKingstdale

It's a sad indictment of how little regard the members of the board that were 'in the know' actually have for us supporters and a justification,,if more was needed, for all who criticise the lack of communication from the club.
BBM contract confirmed on 14:18 - Mar 11 with 5590 viewsfunkkk

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a club statement like this before. It simultaneously apologies for the poor communication regarding BBM’s contract extension whilst at the same time continuing the poor communication by not explaining when it was extended.
BBM contract confirmed on 14:23 - Mar 11 with 5562 views1949er

If things are allowed to continue to the end of his contract he will leave us zt the bottom of league two.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

BBM contract confirmed on 14:23 - Mar 11 with 5555 viewsdingdangblue

For crying out loud!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

BBM contract confirmed on 14:23 - Mar 11 with 5560 viewsHopwoodblue

BBM contract confirmed on 14:06 - Mar 11 by DaleiLama

It also explains why BBM explained he was only interested in the process and not the result. He's bombproof until 22.

That’s why he can carry on not changing the way we play,not caring about the results and where we are in the league, his wages are safe for the next 16 months
Not saying I would be bothered but if he gets the chance to ply his trade somewhere else he would jump ship no worries team Rochdale my ar$e!

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

BBM contract confirmed on 14:26 - Mar 11 with 5530 viewsJames1980

Totally guess work of course I reckon it was till 2021 but if we stayed up in the season Hill got sacked it was gonna be extended to 2022 which is what happened.

BBM contract confirmed on 14:34 - Mar 11 with 5479 viewsYorkshire_Dale

So this explains why we can't afford to sack him......we all thought he only had a few weeks to go and get paid off.

We been p*ssed on,again.
BBM contract confirmed on 14:35 - Mar 11 with 5475 viewsgolfaduffy

It was staggeringly bad last night regarding the secret contract extension given to BBM without the knowledge of the other Directors.

Why on Earth was the question not given to DB to answer? He would have been the person who gave the extension surely.?

Why was it done without the knowledge of other Directors? The look on faces was cringeworthy.

Why was it done without the knowledge of supporters

When was it done? If it expires next May, could it have been done a few months ago?

Is there anything else that DB has done without telling anyone? Any golden handshakes ? Pay offs to ex staff members?...working hard awards? pay rises etc?

Bottomley... you are on very thin ice with this one. Who can hold him to account? Other Directors/The Trust/ Can the fans join together to force an EGM?
BBM contract confirmed on 14:46 - Mar 11 with 5395 viewsIOMDale

This ‘oversight’ would be bad enough at National League North level, never mind the ‘elite level’ RAFC (remember to pronounce each letter) play at.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 14:47]

UTDNFS

BBM contract confirmed on 14:47 - Mar 11 with 5382 viewsBrierls

BBM contract confirmed on 14:26 - Mar 11 by James1980

Totally guess work of course I reckon it was till 2021 but if we stayed up in the season Hill got sacked it was gonna be extended to 2022 which is what happened.

Total bollocks, of course.

It's clearly a contract extension that wasn't communicated. Certainly not to the media team or fans, but possibly not the full board*

There isn't an excuse to be made here, James. If there was they'd have used it in the confirmation article.

* I'm not convinced on this. I'm not taking a gormless last minute stand-in Rawlingson as proof the board weren't aware or sanctioned it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024