Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock 20:34 - Jul 19 with 13803 views100notout

Great communication from the club - just one of the massive improvements on the previous shambles.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/guide_rotherhamunited/

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 15:46 - Jul 21 with 4306 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 13:12 - Jul 21 by DaleiLama

That's how to take a pen!

Good tackle by #3 (trialist) high up the pitch to create the second too.

....are you watching Garry?
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 17:58 - Jul 21 with 3993 views442Dale

Beesley’s second is a good example of the shift in emphasis on how we play. It can start from the back, but sometimes turning the opposition defence with a ball in behind makes them defend and from there we can look to win it back in their half. From there, start playing again.

The front players already seem to be enjoying the chance to stretch the play instead of coming short as part of passing moves that go back again to defenders - Done illustrated that in the first half when he was playing as a proper winger, something he’s not done for a very long time.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 19:00 - Jul 21 with 3812 viewsrkershaw

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 15:20 - Jul 21 by IOMDale

Rotherham's gallery from last night, which is obviously less reticent about including photos of our trialists:

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2021/july/gallery--rochdale-v-millers/

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reece-hutchinson-b

Trialist at Rotherham early July before heading our way
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 20:06 - Jul 21 with 3630 viewsboromat

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 17:58 - Jul 21 by 442Dale

Beesley’s second is a good example of the shift in emphasis on how we play. It can start from the back, but sometimes turning the opposition defence with a ball in behind makes them defend and from there we can look to win it back in their half. From there, start playing again.

The front players already seem to be enjoying the chance to stretch the play instead of coming short as part of passing moves that go back again to defenders - Done illustrated that in the first half when he was playing as a proper winger, something he’s not done for a very long time.

Definitely more emphasis on getting the ball into dangerous areas and seeing what we can make happen.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 20:19 - Jul 21 with 3577 viewsNewbury_Dale

Jake Beesley is 80/1 to be Top Scorer in L2 this season. It looks like we are really going to play to his strengths this season. An interesting bet if he manages to stay fit.
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 22:50 - Jul 21 with 3372 views100notout

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 20:19 - Jul 21 by Newbury_Dale

Jake Beesley is 80/1 to be Top Scorer in L2 this season. It looks like we are really going to play to his strengths this season. An interesting bet if he manages to stay fit.

Hmmmm interesting.

And the favourite at 8/1 is ................................................. Ian Henderson

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 06:52 - Jul 22 with 3114 viewsrkershaw

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 22:50 - Jul 21 by 100notout

Hmmmm interesting.

And the favourite at 8/1 is ................................................. Ian Henderson

Surprise surprise.......90% of Hendo's goals comprising of penalties!! 🤐
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 6:55]
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 07:43 - Jul 22 with 3040 viewspioneer

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 06:52 - Jul 22 by rkershaw

They all count...as england fans know too well
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 08:44 - Jul 22 with 2964 viewstony_roch975

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 17:58 - Jul 21 by 442Dale

I think it's also the 3 midfielders playing closer together which helps moving higher up the pitch so there's less need for the long wonder pass

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 08:57 - Jul 22 with 2942 viewsrichfoad32

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 06:52 - Jul 22 by rkershaw

Is Beesley going to be on penalties for us this season? He really seemed to come on towards the end of last season and I foresee good things this time around. Not sure I can see him topping the list as he's not a natural in front of the net but 12-15 goals at least is a strong possibility, could be a good E/W bet.
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 11:08 - Jul 22 with 2726 viewsYadHoDale

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 08:57 - Jul 22 by richfoad32

Is Beesley going to be on penalties for us this season? He really seemed to come on towards the end of last season and I foresee good things this time around. Not sure I can see him topping the list as he's not a natural in front of the net but 12-15 goals at least is a strong possibility, could be a good E/W bet.

Charlie Wyke got 25 league goals for Sunderland last year, helped by the excellent crossing of Aidan McGeady.

If Alex Newby can get a consistent run in the team out wide, he is capable of being the "McGeady" to Jake Beesley's "Wyke" - maybe...
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 12:22 - Jul 22 with 2538 viewsDaley_Lama

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 20:19 - Jul 21 by Newbury_Dale

Placed that bet on Tue.

Ollie won the pen, no doubt who was taking it.

If we are to have a good season (who knows) and he stays fit - then i can see him scoring a fair few.

80/1 - worth a small tickle
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 14:07]

Poll: DF in or out

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 12:35 - Jul 24 with 1994 views100notout

He's 100/1 with Betfred

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 13:28 - Jul 24 with 1922 viewsdaledaft

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 12:35 - Jul 24 by 100notout

He's 100/1 with Betfred

I've done that one now 100, ta
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 14:32 - Jul 24 with 1825 viewsShun

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 19:00 - Jul 21 by rkershaw

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reece-hutchinson-b

Trialist at Rotherham early July before heading our way

Hutchinson's playing for Luton today!

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 20:53 - Jul 24 with 1594 viewsrichfoad32

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 14:32 - Jul 24 by Shun

Hutchinson's playing for Luton today!

So if they have no trouble coming straight out and naming him, then why all the clandestine 'Trialist A' 'Trialist B' crap with us?

As a side note, I see Osho is on the bench for the Hatters. I would love to see him back at Dale as he (or someone of his ilk) is a far greater loss than Humphrys.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 20:58]
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 20:57 - Jul 24 with 1576 viewsTVOS1907

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 20:53 - Jul 24 by richfoad32

So if they have no trouble coming straight out and naming him, then why all the clandestine 'Trialist A' 'Trialist B' crap with us?

As a side note, I see Osho is on the bench for the Hatters. I would love to see him back at Dale as he (or someone of his ilk) is a far greater loss than Humphrys.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 20:58]

To be fair, Luton are the ones doing something unusual in actually naming a trialist.

The rights and wrongs can be debated, but, as with "undisclosed fees", Dale are doing the same as almost every other club.

EDIT: Oldham had trialists A-G today, for example
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 21:06]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 21:10 - Jul 24 with 1533 viewsrichfoad32

Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 20:57 - Jul 24 by TVOS1907

To be fair, Luton are the ones doing something unusual in actually naming a trialist.

The rights and wrongs can be debated, but, as with "undisclosed fees", Dale are doing the same as almost every other club.

EDIT: Oldham had trialists A-G today, for example
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 21:06]

Not sure I would want to be on the commentary team for that one....
Rotherham friendly tomorrow night - Kick off 7 o'clock on 11:37 - Jul 25 with 1242 viewsforeverhopefulDale

So long as our management team know who the trialists are, that will do for me.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024