Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flyde away 14:39 - Jul 24 with 10378 viewsYadHoDale

Today's starting XI

Trialist A, Trialist B, Trialist C, O'Connell, Keohane, Morley, Dooley, Grant, Odoh, Beesley, Done.
Flyde away on 13:15 - Jul 25 with 3144 viewsNorthernDale

Thanks for the update on the trialists, in terms of the defence, I would say that RB and CD is the weakest areas that needs to be addressed. In that Jimmy K played well at left back last season, especially with five at the back, but seem to struggled at RB, so we can use him in the LB role, if we have too, we have also Dunne and Done as well who can cover the LB role and young Mialkowsk is coming through the system.

Is the Donald Love, the former Shrewsbury and Sunderland RB?

May I also ask, what system did RS play or did he vary the system?
Flyde away on 13:29 - Jul 25 with 3082 viewsBrierls

Flyde away on 13:15 - Jul 25 by NorthernDale

Thanks for the update on the trialists, in terms of the defence, I would say that RB and CD is the weakest areas that needs to be addressed. In that Jimmy K played well at left back last season, especially with five at the back, but seem to struggled at RB, so we can use him in the LB role, if we have too, we have also Dunne and Done as well who can cover the LB role and young Mialkowsk is coming through the system.

Is the Donald Love, the former Shrewsbury and Sunderland RB?

May I also ask, what system did RS play or did he vary the system?

I expect there are a lot of ‘Trialist B’ around but how many footballers named Donald Love do you think are knocking about?

The system played seemed very similar to what I saw against Fleetwood; big emphasis on shape without the ball and a commitment to get bodies forward when we have the ball. There is still a desire to play good football but it seems to be done in the opposing half, not on our own goal line.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 13:31]
Flyde away (n/t) on 13:47 - Jul 25 with 3024 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Flyde away on 16:26 - Jul 25 with 2805 viewsoddjob007

Interestingly Donald Love’s Wikipedia page claims he was born in Rochdale.
Flyde away on 12:52 - Jul 26 with 2376 viewsAtThePeake

Flyde away on 23:46 - Jul 24 by Brierls

You are being over critical.

Trialist A - Keeper - looked solid and communication was good. Made a fantastic save at the end of the first half. Came and punched a few crosses clear. Would provide competition for Lynch, with neither being a clear No1.

Trialist B - Right Back - not convinced on today’s showing but he has good pedigree. Got caught in no mans land a couple of times defensively without going as far as getting skinned (like Hutchinson). On the occasion he got forward he looked to deliver the cross early, which is a positive for me. Looks like a decent athlete.

Trialist C - Centre Back - the pick of the bunch for me. Looked very assured on the ball, his positioning was good and he looked strong in the tackle and in the air. He’s a good size and looked to have a good turn of pace. If we’re looking to develop young players into saleable assets I think he fits that profile.

I think you’ll get your wish for signings, I expect us to offer deals to all three and I wouldn’t be too disappointed with that. With more signings to come in addition to that.

The names mentioned for the trialists are correct.

Agree with much of that. Thought the centre-back struggled a bit positionally in the first half and overplayed some of his longer passes, but he grew in confidence as the game went on and looked comfortable in any one-on-one situations and in the air. The right-back was pretty average, but did find space really well a few times only for Dooley to play the way he was facing instead of turning out to switch the play. That save at the end of the first-half was excellent by the keeper, but he also made a fine tackle with his feet in the second-half to prevent their striker from having an open net. Based on that, I'd be happy with the CB and GK signing, but I'd want another look at the RB. And if it indeed Donald Love, I'd be less inclined to sign him based on what I've seen of him previously with other clubs.

Also agree with mikehunt re: McNulty. Thought he settled things down, communicated well with a bit of a mis-matched backline and used all of his experience to keep their forward quiet (and frustrated!)

Tangled up in blue.

Flyde away on 13:48 - Jul 27 with 1783 viewsBucketBstard

Flyde away on 19:38 - Jul 24 by mikehunt

And please get off Big Jim’s case. He can still do a job. He played very well today and stopped a couple of certain goals with some last ditch tackles. He might not hack a full game (no reason to doubt that though) but he will be an asset when comes on for us. No worries on that score in my opinion.

LOL Big JIm , affectionally called , McNUMPTY to most, he is well past it , has been p!$$poor for seasons now and you want this guy to try and lead a defence. He couldnt lead his dog for a walk.
Flyde away on 13:52 - Jul 27 with 1770 viewsShun

Flyde away on 13:48 - Jul 27 by BucketBstard

LOL Big JIm , affectionally called , McNUMPTY to most, he is well past it , has been p!$$poor for seasons now and you want this guy to try and lead a defence. He couldnt lead his dog for a walk.

To most?
Flyde away on 13:55 - Jul 27 with 1763 viewsTVOS1907

Has he got a dog? Maybe RAFCBLUE can find out its name.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Flyde away on 16:17 - Jul 28 with 1482 viewselectricblue

Anybody know if the LB trialist signed for Luton!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Flyde away on 21:51 - Jul 28 with 1268 viewsseasidedale

There is nothing on the Luton sites to say he has signed for them so I would say he is still a free agent
Flyde away on 21:59 - Jul 28 with 1227 viewsmikehunt

Did you see him play on Saturday? I'm not saying build a team around him but he can still do a job: particularly in this division.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Flyde away on 23:17 - Jul 28 with 1128 views_Windydale

Flyde away on 21:59 - Jul 28 by mikehunt

Did you see him play on Saturday? I'm not saying build a team around him but he can still do a job: particularly in this division.

Rochdale has had some shocking defenders far worse than McNulty's recent form.

He's ok and done alright when asked to come on.

Getting on a bit now at 36 and I'm sure will be moving into a backroom staff role soon.

He doesn't deserve some of the harsh criticism by a few people. Nice guy and a fantastic team player in the squad.
Flyde away on 09:31 - Jul 29 with 888 viewselectricblue

Flyde away on 21:51 - Jul 28 by seasidedale

There is nothing on the Luton sites to say he has signed for them so I would say he is still a free agent

Maybe the injury preseason 2020 as curtailed his development somewhat then...

If his confidence is low etc he may struggle to get a contract unless a team is willing to take a single season gamble.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024