Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale 12:45 - Sep 3 with 21540 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Port Vale vs Dale 3rd Sep 2021 12:42
Dale are back on the road this Saturday afternoon with a trip to Staffordshire to take on Port Vale. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:08 - Sep 4 with 4418 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 19:23 - Sep 4 by judd

I didn't put an offer in on any houses but I did spend half an hour in the company of Corey O'Keefes family. It was an absolute pleasure.

Better than the company you kept for the rest of the afternoon?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:12 - Sep 4 with 4383 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:08 - Sep 4 by TVOS1907

Better than the company you kept for the rest of the afternoon?

Undoubtedly. Sandyman excepted.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:13 - Sep 4 with 4382 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 19:28 - Sep 4 by DaleiLama

You've never been to Port Vale. You're not missing much

If I wasn't working today I would have ventured up for the first time.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:20 - Sep 4 with 4328 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:02 - Sep 4 by James1980

A house near every ground?

Trying to turn dirty money clean, James. It's all the rage.

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:23 - Sep 4 with 4307 views49thseason

Sky Highlights
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12399261/port-vale-2-3-rochdale
Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:29 - Sep 4 with 4269 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:20 - Sep 4 by judd

Trying to turn dirty money clean, James. It's all the rage.

Rochdale's answer to Michael Corleone or Tony Soprano?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:34 - Sep 4 with 4238 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:29 - Sep 4 by James1980

Rochdale's answer to Michael Corleone or Tony Soprano?

Tony Monopoly probably.

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:42 - Sep 4 with 4188 viewsfunkkk

Well that was fun! We seem to have periods of the game where we either lose concentration or take the foot off the gas. I always feel nervy with McNulty in the team. However! I’ve really seen nothing from our opposition so far to suggest we won’t be able to have a real strong push this season. Stockdale still saying all the right things and I’m confident we will continue to improve, especially once we have a more settled team.

Up The Bastard Dale 🍻
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:48 - Sep 4 with 4146 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:42 - Sep 4 by funkkk

Well that was fun! We seem to have periods of the game where we either lose concentration or take the foot off the gas. I always feel nervy with McNulty in the team. However! I’ve really seen nothing from our opposition so far to suggest we won’t be able to have a real strong push this season. Stockdale still saying all the right things and I’m confident we will continue to improve, especially once we have a more settled team.

Up The Bastard Dale 🍻

& still not for sale 🍻

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:49 - Sep 4 with 4143 views_Windydale

My first visit to Port Vale and I liked the ground, decent enough views and covered. Parts of it look old and historic, a decent size holds 14000 I think. Good atmosphere.

Cracking time to be watching Dale's fantastic attacking entertainment. even if we go a goal behind, we're pushing for that one back and their heads don't drop. However, we need that gameplay as with today's lineup, Big Jim scares me when he's called into action either being run at or left on his own one-on-one. I think Max Taylor needs to improve some. The 1st goal of theirs he could have attacked the ball and cleared it instead of watching his marker.

The away end being only one tier gave OK views but enough to see all the action. THE BEST thing about the away end is the acoustics. Any singing reverberates and made a cracking racket when we scored. Fans made the most of it, I think 'Robbie Stockdale's barmy army' was the most popular. Great support, cheered and chanted to help the players on to a win especially when we were in front. The players looked impressed at the end appreciating the support as Okeefe in particular came to away end for a chat. Might have been his family though?

The catering was rank awful. I'm not saying that cos ours is good. But the pie crust was bone dry If anyone enjoyed a steak pie I must have had one from the back of the heated display that had been left in since last week. Only four choices of food 2 pies, a slice, or sausage roll. and cash only so I had to knock the Bovril on the head.

Polite enough stewarding, they were mob-handed though. Loads of em. Must have been ready for the Pearl Street wrecking crew.
Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:57 - Sep 4 with 4076 views49thseason

If my sums are correct, this is our best haul of points (8) from the first 6 games since 15 /16 season (11) and equal to our 13/14 promotion season.
Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 21:41 - Sep 4 with 3832 viewsmikehunt

Doh! You had to say the P- word!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 22:33 - Sep 4 with 3594 viewsFrog

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 20:34 - Sep 4 by judd

Tony Monopoly probably.

Blimey, that's a blast from the past!
Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 23:00 - Sep 4 with 3476 views49thseason

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 21:41 - Sep 4 by mikehunt

Doh! You had to say the P- word!

Im not superstitious....apart from my lucky Dale mug. 3 brews today, 3 goals....
Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 08:48 - Sep 5 with 2945 viewsblackdogblue

Port Vale is one of my least favourite grounds.. I remember years ago the coach getting bricked & the social club charging away fans to get in but not the home fans…

One of our biggest suppliers KMF used to sponsor a stand there (not sure if they still do) & was offered free tickets but had to decline under company policy..

Burslem was in the news a while ago as the only town without a cash machine in the country, probably because no one there has any money…

Anyway, great result & onwards & upwards

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 08:55 - Sep 5 with 2926 viewsAltDaleComms

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 08:58 - Sep 5 with 2908 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 17:08 - Sep 4 by frenzied

After a dreadful start ...we grew into the game..for a side thats been cobbled together at the last moment they are shaping up well..very impressive at times..great movement always looking for a shirt to play it to..Beesley works incredibly hard at the top..a great effort by all today..looking very confident

Bees really is very busy as shown below. What isn’t measured but is worth its weight in gold is how much high pressing he does which often causes mistakes and turnovers in the opponents half. That 3 year deal now looks a cracker ..... one of the things the last regime did get right.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 17:22 - Sep 5 with 2279 viewsShun

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 16:37 - Sep 4 by nordenblue

When he's that at fault for conceding it's pretty hard not to, again bang average player pretty overhyped "from the bits I've seen"

Interestingly, Morley tops the League Two stats by quite a distance for number of passes made into the final third.

I don’t think it’s as simple as he’s average or poor or quality. There are sides to his game he needs to improve a lot, as seen with the goal yesterday. Watching him this season I think he’s been poor most games, but when he’s coming out with stats like this how can people fail to rate him?
Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 17:56 - Sep 5 with 2204 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 17:22 - Sep 5 by Shun

Interestingly, Morley tops the League Two stats by quite a distance for number of passes made into the final third.

I don’t think it’s as simple as he’s average or poor or quality. There are sides to his game he needs to improve a lot, as seen with the goal yesterday. Watching him this season I think he’s been poor most games, but when he’s coming out with stats like this how can people fail to rate him?

People can rate him how they like from what they see, but while he continues to make wrong decision or doesn't bother defending near our own box its pretty costly as seen yesterday, the stats for his passing rate isn't quite as significant while he costs us goals at the other end.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 18:00]
Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 12:49 - Sep 6 with 1560 viewsShun

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 17:56 - Sep 5 by nordenblue

People can rate him how they like from what they see, but while he continues to make wrong decision or doesn't bother defending near our own box its pretty costly as seen yesterday, the stats for his passing rate isn't quite as significant while he costs us goals at the other end.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 18:00]

Also,

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 12:59 - Sep 6 with 1534 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Port Vale vs Dale on 12:49 - Sep 6 by Shun

Also,

Fortunately for him it doesn't say which box he "created" these chances in......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024