Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Trust Members Ballot 21:41 - Sep 27 with 6759 viewsblackdogblue

I know which way I will vote but any advice for people who do not understand?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 23:46 - Sep 27 with 4614 viewslyberoc

To be quite honest I have no idea how to vote on this one, I guess I,ll just not fill in the ballot
Dale Trust Members Ballot on 08:29 - Sep 28 with 4440 viewsboromat

My gut says to trust that the club know what they're doing. It's definitely not been a rushed decision. But it's not an easy call without all the information.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 10:04 - Sep 28 with 4328 views1907

100% supporting the club on this.

The people we now have on the board are moving & acting in the best interests of the club to protect the future of football in our town.

This must be our best chance to dilute the scumbags shares & I firmly believe the club wouldn't have put this out at this precise time if not.
Dale Trust Members Ballot on 10:42 - Sep 28 with 4293 viewsDaleiLama

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 10:04 - Sep 28 by 1907

100% supporting the club on this.

The people we now have on the board are moving & acting in the best interests of the club to protect the future of football in our town.

This must be our best chance to dilute the scumbags shares & I firmly believe the club wouldn't have put this out at this precise time if not.

Ditto. The Trust and the majority of shareholders voted down a "blind" option previously, when the majority of the board in post at the last EGM (who were largely proven subsequently to be totally unfit to hold that position by even contemplating a sale to MH) had nothing but their own interests in mind.

This board has shown it only has the interests of the club at its core and on that basiss should be trusted and supported wholeheartedly in my view. Unreserved Yes vote from me - just done.

"In a statement to Shareholders, the Club Chairman Simon Gauge said "The Board believe that the issue of more shares to Directors, Shareholders, Supporters and the Supporters Trust will help secure this “fan-owned” mandate for the foreseeable future, and the Board will look to make this share issue beneficial to RAFC.""
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 10:54]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 10:59 - Sep 28 with 4267 viewsMoonyDale

No email received at my end from the trust, checked all my folders and nothing there...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 11:25 - Sep 28 with 4209 viewsHuddersdale1

I trust the current Board 100% on doing the right thing for the Club. Just voted Yes.
Dale Trust Members Ballot on 13:16 - Sep 28 with 4051 viewsDaleiLama

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 10:59 - Sep 28 by MoonyDale

No email received at my end from the trust, checked all my folders and nothing there...

Mine arrived in my inbox at 19:02 Moony, but this was on the original tweet:

"If any Trust member does not receive that email, please contact us at info@daletrust.co.uk and we shall send it out again".

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 14:46 - Sep 28 with 3924 viewsTomRAFC

It's an unusual position for trust members/the trust to be in.

Shareholders attending the EGM will be able to hear what the club has to say before deciding how to vote. Trust members need to let the Trust know now how they would like them to vote, without having heard the club speak about the motion in more detail. It's tricky when some people will have more information to base their vote on than others.

I've voted in favour as I have a lot of faith in the board, but I don't feel as informed as I would like to be about something so precarious.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 15:07 - Sep 28 with 3867 views1907

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 14:46 - Sep 28 by TomRAFC

It's an unusual position for trust members/the trust to be in.

Shareholders attending the EGM will be able to hear what the club has to say before deciding how to vote. Trust members need to let the Trust know now how they would like them to vote, without having heard the club speak about the motion in more detail. It's tricky when some people will have more information to base their vote on than others.

I've voted in favour as I have a lot of faith in the board, but I don't feel as informed as I would like to be about something so precarious.

I suppose this is all a big game of poker.

Ultimately the board don't want to show their hand to the chancers to soon so that they are able to counter.

If that means all shareholders must remain in the dark for now, then so be it.

As I posted earlier, I have 100% faith in our new board & the reasons (we can all sort of guess) behind the share issue.
Dale Trust Members Ballot on 15:13 - Sep 28 with 3859 viewsncfc_chalky

Who decides how to distribute the shares once they are released and who can buy what?

The last thing that you want is some unscrupulous chancer in the future profiting from them but I've got complete faith in the Trust and club at this moment in time

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 15:45 - Sep 28 with 3811 viewsDalenet

Interesting this.

The Board can't follow through and sell to fans until the EGM approves the sale of the shares. The existing shareholders approve that. We can probably count on 51% approving it. But if certain others say no, the Board can point to fans and make it clear that a small number of shareholders are blocking it. Making them even more hated.

The club may have a plan to share at the EGM on how new shares could be allocated. "Our strategy is to widen the shareholder base to include more of our supporters, blah blah blah". Or they can give the existing shareholders the right to maintain their current shareholding percentage if they want to buy more. For shares to be available to fans, it would mean that some existing shareholders don't take up any of the new shares. The club could ballot shares, could impose a maximum share allocation per investor for the new shares, or invite bids for shares and scale those bids back if over subscribed. What the club shouldn't do is allow existing shareholders to take a larger percentage of the total shares issued. This will all need to be made clearer at the EGM to provide comfort to shareholders of the possible outcomes.

If I was a betting man, the Essex boys and our ex Directors will vote against as this dilutes the value of their shares and scuppers the chance of brokering control. But the Board promised to offer shares to fans and this approach shows they are trying to find a way forward
Dale Trust Members Ballot on 16:23 - Sep 28 with 3745 viewsboromat

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 15:45 - Sep 28 by Dalenet

Interesting this.

The Board can't follow through and sell to fans until the EGM approves the sale of the shares. The existing shareholders approve that. We can probably count on 51% approving it. But if certain others say no, the Board can point to fans and make it clear that a small number of shareholders are blocking it. Making them even more hated.

The club may have a plan to share at the EGM on how new shares could be allocated. "Our strategy is to widen the shareholder base to include more of our supporters, blah blah blah". Or they can give the existing shareholders the right to maintain their current shareholding percentage if they want to buy more. For shares to be available to fans, it would mean that some existing shareholders don't take up any of the new shares. The club could ballot shares, could impose a maximum share allocation per investor for the new shares, or invite bids for shares and scale those bids back if over subscribed. What the club shouldn't do is allow existing shareholders to take a larger percentage of the total shares issued. This will all need to be made clearer at the EGM to provide comfort to shareholders of the possible outcomes.

If I was a betting man, the Essex boys and our ex Directors will vote against as this dilutes the value of their shares and scuppers the chance of brokering control. But the Board promised to offer shares to fans and this approach shows they are trying to find a way forward

It'll also be interesting just to see who turns up.

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 17:02 - Sep 28 with 3679 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 16:23 - Sep 28 by boromat

It'll also be interesting just to see who turns up.

BotBot dressed in drag?
Dale Trust Members Ballot on 17:16 - Sep 28 with 3639 viewsTomRAFC

I wonder who will claim to own the shares/the right to vote, should they show their face.

The former board members say they have sold but, last we heard, no share transfer forms had been submitted. It was said at the fans forum that Curran and Rose may have acquired voting rights for those shares, but the likes of Curran and Rose haven't been transparent about their dealings thus far.

How rigorous is the process to prove you are eligible to attend/vote at an EGM? If there is uncertainty around their status, could they be prevented from voting?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 17:37 - Sep 28 with 3603 viewstony_roch975

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 15:45 - Sep 28 by Dalenet

Interesting this.

But as Boromat wrote, all of that is the key information which would influence how to vote and neither we (nor the Trust ballot) has that intelligence at present. Of course it may be the Board only want an 'in principle' decision at present.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 20:11 - Sep 28 with 3426 viewsboromat

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 17:37 - Sep 28 by tony_roch975

But as Boromat wrote, all of that is the key information which would influence how to vote and neither we (nor the Trust ballot) has that intelligence at present. Of course it may be the Board only want an 'in principle' decision at present.

It does raise the question maybe not for this vote as I get the impression we all trust the current board of directors but in future how that context can be managed for trust members beforehand, it's a large chunk of shares and potentially increasingly large so to have its vote decided without all the information could be a problem.

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 20:32 - Sep 28 with 3399 viewspioneer

What I dont understand is how issuing more shares dilutes the influence of the charlatans if new shares are to be issued/offerred on the basis of current shareholding. If they were to take up all the new shares offered to them it would not reduce their influence.

I might be missing something and I am happy to be convinced how this isnt or cannot bethe case, but at the moment there are too many unknowns and to vote for it would require all current shareholders to invest more money in the club just to maintain their ‘influence’.

Its like the brexit vote…..we dont have all the relevant information. The last EGM the case was 100% clear - that is not the case this time.
Dale Trust Members Ballot on 20:57 - Sep 28 with 3347 views1907

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 20:32 - Sep 28 by pioneer

What I dont understand is how issuing more shares dilutes the influence of the charlatans if new shares are to be issued/offerred on the basis of current shareholding. If they were to take up all the new shares offered to them it would not reduce their influence.

I might be missing something and I am happy to be convinced how this isnt or cannot bethe case, but at the moment there are too many unknowns and to vote for it would require all current shareholders to invest more money in the club just to maintain their ‘influence’.

Its like the brexit vote…..we dont have all the relevant information. The last EGM the case was 100% clear - that is not the case this time.

The board must have some clear commitments from certain individuals to purchase the new shares. All the new directors need to buy shares & it wouldn’t surprise me if there were a few more directors that come out of the woodwork over the coming weeks. These are the guys who can buy a decent % but not a controlling % which is what we need.

That along with a real smattering of fans picking up what’s left would be the ideal situation surely? I also imagine this wouldn’t be an overly improbable result of the vote is approved.

Surely doing nothing leaves us staring over the cliff edge as we have done all summer. What if the next chancer turns up offering £20 a share and they do get more than 50% of the shares presently on offer?

We have to move now & catch the scumbags off guard and reduce their present holdings to a pittance.

Also can’t the club choose who buys shares? So if some unsavoury characters come out of the woodwork, or people unknown to Dale fans & The Trust, we can basically just say no?
Dale Trust Members Ballot on 21:10 - Sep 28 with 3310 viewsncfc_chalky

Rochdale AFC EGM's now fill me with fear

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 21:30 - Sep 28 with 3274 viewsfitzochris

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 21:10 - Sep 28 by ncfc_chalky

Rochdale AFC EGM's now fill me with fear

Perhaps the board of old, yes. Not this board though. I have absolute faith the EGM proposal is for the betterment of the club rather than individuals.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 21:38 - Sep 28 with 3251 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 21:30 - Sep 28 by fitzochris

Perhaps the board of old, yes. Not this board though. I have absolute faith the EGM proposal is for the betterment of the club rather than individuals.

100% this.

This could be one of the famous nights in Rochdale's history where we take a momentous step forward to safeguard the club from previous employees, directors and their dubious acquaintances.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 10:23 - Sep 29 with 2924 viewsboromat

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 21:38 - Sep 28 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

100% this.

This could be one of the famous nights in Rochdale's history where we take a momentous step forward to safeguard the club from previous employees, directors and their dubious acquaintances.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale

Let's hope so 👍

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 11:06 - Sep 29 with 2863 viewstony_roch975

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 20:57 - Sep 28 by 1907

The board must have some clear commitments from certain individuals to purchase the new shares. All the new directors need to buy shares & it wouldn’t surprise me if there were a few more directors that come out of the woodwork over the coming weeks. These are the guys who can buy a decent % but not a controlling % which is what we need.

That along with a real smattering of fans picking up what’s left would be the ideal situation surely? I also imagine this wouldn’t be an overly improbable result of the vote is approved.

Surely doing nothing leaves us staring over the cliff edge as we have done all summer. What if the next chancer turns up offering £20 a share and they do get more than 50% of the shares presently on offer?

We have to move now & catch the scumbags off guard and reduce their present holdings to a pittance.

Also can’t the club choose who buys shares? So if some unsavoury characters come out of the woodwork, or people unknown to Dale fans & The Trust, we can basically just say no?

Yes, problem is that both the Trust & the Board will have taken legal advice and will have a strategy (hopefully co-ordinated) but understandably they don't want to publish it, less it offers the 'hostiles' an opportunity to outflank them. But without sharing it we are being asked to take a lot on trust...not something we're inclined to do after the last few years.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 11:12 - Sep 29 with 2862 viewsDaleiLama

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 11:06 - Sep 29 by tony_roch975

Yes, problem is that both the Trust & the Board will have taken legal advice and will have a strategy (hopefully co-ordinated) but understandably they don't want to publish it, less it offers the 'hostiles' an opportunity to outflank them. But without sharing it we are being asked to take a lot on trust...not something we're inclined to do after the last few years.

Catch 22, but I'm struggling to believe any hostiles will throw good money after bad on a further off chance? Unless there is a robust plan in place too, I'm sure the board won't be opening us up to being weakened as a result either. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith based on what you know and who you are backing.

Dale Trust Members Ballot on 11:49 - Sep 29 with 2804 views49thseason

I have voted yes. If we cannot trust this board of directors and back their judgement then I fear we are lost. These are men who have stepped up in our darkest hour and put their cash and reputations on the line, they deserve our backing, how can we do otherwise? We are at risk until such time as a large number of shares are back in safe hands. Let us hope this is a first, bold step to achieving that goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024