Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton 14:10 - Oct 22 with 18947 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Dale vs Sutton 22nd Oct 2021 14:09
Dale's search for a long-awaited win continues as newly-promoted Sutton United head to Spotland for the first time ever on Saturday. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:04 - Oct 23 with 2446 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 16:50 - Oct 23 by damaka

Tell me the positives

You have shown what a tw-t of a comment you have made. Extremely consistent in that regard.
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:09 - Oct 23 with 2358 viewsoddjob007

Hopefully that goal doesn’t paper over the cracks.

We’ve got to play for 90 minutes, not 75.
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:11 - Oct 23 with 2315 viewsdamaka

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:04 - Oct 23 by jonahwhereru

You have shown what a tw-t of a comment you have made. Extremely consistent in that regard.

zzzzzzzzzzzz
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:17 - Oct 23 with 2218 viewsBarrowdale

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:11 - Oct 23 by damaka

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry Robbie but you got out of jail there. Naive in the extreme that. 5 at the back against 10 men ffs. And keep a man up at defensive corners too. Christ these are basics. On the flip well done Aaron. Good move for the 3rd. Thought big Jim did ok too
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton (n/t) on 17:18 - Oct 23 with 2198 viewsMolly

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:19 - Oct 23 with 2181 viewsShun

Yessssssss! Sheer ecstasy when that went in. It’s about time Morley got one on target! Still, very concerning that we were dominant for the vast majority of the match, had enough chances to win three matches against a very poor team, and we still had to rely on a winner with the last kick of the game to win.

Kelly and Newby were excellent today, and McNulty showed he can still very much do a job in a back three. He’s better than Dorsett on that showing.
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:20 - Oct 23 with 2162 viewsHullDale

The heart attack from the celebrations doesn't mask the fact that we shouldn't have let them
get back into it. I think this season will be defined as 'frustrating', but going back to the Chair's comments in TVOS we need to remember where we came from not so long ago.

74 minutes of positives today against 22 minutes of frustration - if we replicate that across the season we'll be OK.

Also - credit to their #20... had a long walk after being subbed off but stopped to give loads of young kids high fives and selfies right across the WMG. a touch of class at any level of football.
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:20 - Oct 23 with 2161 viewsMolly

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sure would be appreciated on here if you just carry on sleeping.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:26 - Oct 23 with 2087 views442Dale

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:17 - Oct 23 by Barrowdale

Sorry Robbie but you got out of jail there. Naive in the extreme that. 5 at the back against 10 men ffs. And keep a man up at defensive corners too. Christ these are basics. On the flip well done Aaron. Good move for the 3rd. Thought big Jim did ok too

The three central defenders weren’t an issue today. Both wing backs were able to play further forward and we were able to start attacks from there with Jim indeed playing well.

Bar missing the chances we managed the game well apart from the obvious at set pieces. Whilst we shouldn’t ignore that we threw away a two goal lead, nor should we forget that we were pretty good in the main and were getting the ball into dangerous areas again much more.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:33 - Oct 23 with 2003 viewsdamaka

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:20 - Oct 23 by Molly

Sure would be appreciated on here if you just carry on sleeping.

Play like that every week and i might
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:36 - Oct 23 with 1989 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 16:50 - Oct 23 by damaka

Tell me the positives

That you were sussed out as a WUM ages ago?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:38 - Oct 23 with 1961 views1907

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:26 - Oct 23 by 442Dale

The three central defenders weren’t an issue today. Both wing backs were able to play further forward and we were able to start attacks from there with Jim indeed playing well.

Bar missing the chances we managed the game well apart from the obvious at set pieces. Whilst we shouldn’t ignore that we threw away a two goal lead, nor should we forget that we were pretty good in the main and were getting the ball into dangerous areas again much more.

I have to disagree.

It was blindingly obvious through that second half that Graham should have been subbed.

They were absolutely there for the taking & Stockdale’s predictable substitutions very nearly cost us the win.

Why on Earth we persisted with three centre half’s against nothing, for the vast majority of the game, is staggering.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted we won, but Stockdale was literally five seconds away from being booed off the pitch.

There’s a lot of gambling involved during game management. Stockdale is too safe for me & I believe this will hold him back. That was an opportunity for us to be brave, have a go & really hammer a team. The usual faffing & limp wristed defending mixed with the bizarre and stubborn awkwardness of persisting with this formation almost cost us, again.

Positives - Kelly was brilliant throughout, Newby’s one touch finish was sublime & McNulty was an absolute rock that demonstrated how poor we have been in the centre half department.
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:38 - Oct 23 with 1952 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:26 - Oct 23 by 442Dale

We were comfortably better than a large but lumbering Sutton team for 75 minutes; yet still nearly managed to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Our first goal was a thing of beauty, with a fantastic ball from Kelly to Newby, who sidefooted home a la Hendo v Leeds.

Their lad appeared to stamp on Beesley within yards of the ref. Easy red card.

We were well on top and really should have been at least a couple more goals to the good before our second; again following a smart move.

But somehow; we started to make mistakes at the back....giving away silly free kicks and corners from which they loaded the box with their lumbering giants.

Both of their goals were keeper errors for me. Coleman just does not inspire me with confidence, and especially the second one was the stuff of nightmares for him.

Thank goodness Morley hit a sweet shot into the far corner for a last kick winner, or I'd have been putting that down as one of the worst collapses in recent years.

The result was the right one...Sutton surely must be better than that normally?

My MOM ? Kelly by some distance, but special mention for Jim (never thought I'd say that) who is streets ahead of Dorsett on that performance.

Serious work to do with Coleman though.
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:39 - Oct 23 with 1942 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 16:53 - Oct 23 by damaka

We deserve everything we get

We?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:40 - Oct 23 with 1931 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:02 - Oct 23 by kel

You seem to forget your post history is there for all to see.

You were sussed as a bucket years ago so Christ knows why you persist with the wumming.

I think he's a bit dim, Kev.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 17:40]

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:41 - Oct 23 with 1917 viewsD_Alien

Would've been a real sickener not to have won that

The celebrations at the end had a huge slice of relief rather than joy, but there were many encouraging signs, Kelly in particular and just checked that stats: 23 attempts on goal, 10 on target which is pretty good by any standard. At 2-0 i really thought we were turning a corner and was willing us to add another couple to really build some confidence but as it stands, we're still a team that's looking over its shoulder rather than pushing on

The win leaves us poised 6 points equally between the bottom two and the playoffs, but it's also now 3 games unbeaten. The post-match reaction might've been very different but the ending's almost a metaphor for the club as a whole

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:44 - Oct 23 with 1888 viewsdamaka

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:33 - Oct 23 by damaka

Play like that every week and i might

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:55 - Oct 23 with 1791 viewskel

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:44 - Oct 23 by damaka

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Why are you replying to your own post?
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:59 - Oct 23 with 1744 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:55 - Oct 23 by kel

Why are you replying to your own post?

Like I said...

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 18:01 - Oct 23 with 1734 viewsShun

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:38 - Oct 23 by dawlishdale

We were comfortably better than a large but lumbering Sutton team for 75 minutes; yet still nearly managed to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Our first goal was a thing of beauty, with a fantastic ball from Kelly to Newby, who sidefooted home a la Hendo v Leeds.

We were well on top and really should have been at least a couple more goals to the good before our second; again following a smart move.

But somehow; we started to make mistakes at the back....giving away silly free kicks and corners from which they loaded the box with their lumbering giants.

Both of their goals were keeper errors for me. Coleman just does not inspire me with confidence, and especially the second one was the stuff of nightmares for him.

Thank goodness Morley hit a sweet shot into the far corner for a last kick winner, or I'd have been putting that down as one of the worst collapses in recent years.

My MOM ? Kelly by some distance, but special mention for Jim (never thought I'd say that) who is streets ahead of Dorsett on that performance.

I agree with all of that apart from the Coleman comments. He’s the best keeper we’ve had since Sanchez (which isn’t saying much). Yes, he messed up today, and a few times this season, but he’s also damn good at shot-stopping and was the best player on the pitch on Tuesday.
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 18:24 - Oct 23 with 1586 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 18:01 - Oct 23 by Shun

I agree with all of that apart from the Coleman comments. He’s the best keeper we’ve had since Sanchez (which isn’t saying much). Yes, he messed up today, and a few times this season, but he’s also damn good at shot-stopping and was the best player on the pitch on Tuesday.

Only my opinion on Coleman. I thought the flap for their first goal was weak (should be sending it sideways away from goal rather than a couple of yards infront) and his attempt at catching the cross for the second goal was pathetic.

I'd suggest Coleman himself agrees based on the way he ran upfield to celebrate Morley's last kick winner. He will know he ballsed it up today and very nearly cost us 2 points.

And I agree that he is decent at shot stopping.
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 18:26 - Oct 23 with 1571 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:38 - Oct 23 by dawlishdale

Jim is about 480 games ahead of Dorsett in experience as well. That might have something to do with it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 18:30 - Oct 23 with 1555 views_Windydale

Coleman is a great shot stopper.He'll be even better goalie when he becomes more dominant under pressure at set pieces either catching or punching it away. Maybe going in where it might hurt.
Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 18:34 - Oct 23 with 1510 views442Dale

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 17:38 - Oct 23 by 1907

I have to disagree.

It was blindingly obvious through that second half that Graham should have been subbed.

They were absolutely there for the taking & Stockdale’s predictable substitutions very nearly cost us the win.

Why on Earth we persisted with three centre half’s against nothing, for the vast majority of the game, is staggering.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted we won, but Stockdale was literally five seconds away from being booed off the pitch.

There’s a lot of gambling involved during game management. Stockdale is too safe for me & I believe this will hold him back. That was an opportunity for us to be brave, have a go & really hammer a team. The usual faffing & limp wristed defending mixed with the bizarre and stubborn awkwardness of persisting with this formation almost cost us, again.

Positives - Kelly was brilliant throughout, Newby’s one touch finish was sublime & McNulty was an absolute rock that demonstrated how poor we have been in the centre half department.

While I’d have started with a back four today (see before the game), the tactics in the second half weren’t the same formation as O’Keeffe and Keohane were so high up the pitch and from there we were getting into their area more, just like earlier in the season. But for the corners situation, that would have been a solid 2-0 Steve Parkin-esque win.

At some stage though, we need to be reassess and be more flexible in how we start games.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Dale vs Sutton on 18:44 - Oct 23 with 1419 viewsfunkkk

There’s not many professional goalkeepers I would class as bad shot stoppers, always seems such a strange comment to make.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024