Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abraham Odoh 14:43 - Nov 22 with 8298 viewsHullDale

Looks like he has been subjected to some awful racist abuse online.

Looking at the account that sent it, its hard to tell if its a real person or fake troll account. Either way, its absolutely disgusting and has no place at all at our club or in society in general.
Abraham Odoh on 14:47 - Nov 22 with 5582 viewsdale1968

I have seen it and it is has no place whatsoever in Society.
Just hope the relevent authorities have been informed and justice prevails.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Abraham Odoh on 14:49 - Nov 22 with 5575 viewsHullDale

It looks like insta have removed the abusive message but not the account. I guess the more people report it the more seriously they will have to take it and, hopefully, the relevant authorities are informed too.

Some sad individuals about.
Abraham Odoh on 15:25 - Nov 22 with 5466 viewsdillydaley

No doubt the bigots will be along to defend this shortly
Abraham Odoh on 15:38 - Nov 22 with 5421 viewskel

Abraham Odoh on 15:25 - Nov 22 by dillydaley

Or to mark posts down without offering up a reason why…
Abraham Odoh on 16:13 - Nov 22 with 5328 viewsrafc_ryan

Troll account that has an email and telephone number linked, hope these details have been passed on to the police.

I’m guessing the emails fake but I doubt they have the intelligence to purchase a burner phone just for an insta account.
Abraham Odoh on 16:36 - Nov 22 with 5226 viewsboromat

Abraham Odoh on 16:13 - Nov 22 by rafc_ryan

Troll account that has an email and telephone number linked, hope these details have been passed on to the police.

I’m guessing the emails fake but I doubt they have the intelligence to purchase a burner phone just for an insta account.

Never know whether reposting these things is the right thing to do. One side of me says make them famous another side say let them rot under a stone. But as it's been posted on Twitter here it is for those intrigued. For those not interested overt your eyes and move on. I think society has improved but it's not good enough and it's not fast enough.

Edit: Moderators feel free to remove if you feel it crosses the line.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 16:37]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Abraham Odoh on 16:43 - Nov 22 with 5177 viewsDaleFan7

Abraham Odoh on 16:36 - Nov 22 by boromat

Never know whether reposting these things is the right thing to do. One side of me says make them famous another side say let them rot under a stone. But as it's been posted on Twitter here it is for those intrigued. For those not interested overt your eyes and move on. I think society has improved but it's not good enough and it's not fast enough.

Edit: Moderators feel free to remove if you feel it crosses the line.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 16:37]

It is a double edged sword like you say, do you ignore it and starve the attention they crave or do you out them and make sure everyone see's who they are and make people aware it's still going on.

I think it just needs forwarding to people who have authority to deal with it but as others have said, there's no place for it.
Abraham Odoh on 16:53 - Nov 22 with 5140 viewsSuddenLad

Abraham Odoh on 15:25 - Nov 22 by dillydaley

You can't defend the indefensible.

They say every club has these ignorant low-bred goons, so if they are anything to do with our clubs supporters, we should take every step we can to uncover who these knuckle draggers actually are. Then let the courts decide their fate. Then ban them for life from ever attending Dale games.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Abraham Odoh on 17:05 - Nov 22 with 5065 viewsboromat

Abraham Odoh on 16:53 - Nov 22 by SuddenLad

You can't defend the indefensible.

They say every club has these ignorant low-bred goons, so if they are anything to do with our clubs supporters, we should take every step we can to uncover who these knuckle draggers actually are. Then let the courts decide their fate. Then ban them for life from ever attending Dale games.

Good on the club

Quick and decisive.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 17:10]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Abraham Odoh on 17:31 - Nov 22 with 4923 viewskel

Looks like the instagram account may have gone after being previously switched to private.

Hopefully some scumbag has a very twitchy arse right now.
Abraham Odoh on 17:36 - Nov 22 with 4913 viewsHullDale

Abraham Odoh on 17:31 - Nov 22 by kel

Looks like the instagram account may have gone after being previously switched to private.

Hopefully some scumbag has a very twitchy arse right now.

Somebody on twitter has got the email address and phone number linked to the account... it seems they were visible before being removed earlier today. Hopefully the guy who has them proactively shares them with the club to forward on to the police.

I (& I'm sure as well as plenty of others) reported the account to Insta, so it may not have been removed by choice.
Abraham Odoh on 17:37 - Nov 22 with 4908 viewselectricblue

Im shocked and sickened reading this..
Just when the club is getting to grips with things this happens.

Disgusting...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Abraham Odoh on 17:42 - Nov 22 with 4877 viewsEllDale

Absolutely despicable.
I hope the lad is ok. it must be sickening to receive something like that.
Abraham Odoh on 17:55 - Nov 22 with 4797 views1907

Abraham Odoh on 17:37 - Nov 22 by electricblue

Im shocked and sickened reading this..
Just when the club is getting to grips with things this happens.

Disgusting...

The comment that was sent to him is despicable.

However the likelihood is that the abuse was probably unconnected to the club and just some random idiot who gets off on that sort of thing.

It’s great that the club is so quick to issue a statement to highlight the issue which will hopefully add some leverage to hunting the piece of scum.

There was a really interesting documentary on channel 4 by Jermaine Jenas about how difficult it is to find & prosecute these kinds of people.
Abraham Odoh on 17:55 - Nov 22 with 4792 viewsblackdogblue

Awful scum of the earth…

Hope he rises above this

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Abraham Odoh on 18:06 - Nov 22 with 4742 viewsRAFCBLUE

I might be wrong but I don't believe I have ever seen a club statement, calling out racist behaviour previously. All individuals can do is report it and keep reporting it.

The only thing we can all do is report it and get behind the player - its a despicable, cowardly act that for too long has remained unpunished in society.

If you look at the joy in that third goal at Northampton the only thing you can see is celebrations from a group of players united by football.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Abraham Odoh on 18:29 - Nov 22 with 4658 viewsD_Alien

At whatever stage Abraham appears tomorrow evening, it's to be hoped the entire Dale crowd will make it clear to him how much he's appreciated by the overwhelming majority of fans who find racism abhorrent

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Abraham Odoh on 19:52 - Nov 22 with 4364 viewsHullDale

Just seen that the lad who has the contact details has been told by the police they can only deal with it if they receive it directly from Odoh.

Hopefully he gets hold of the details and hands them over, but it feels like a strange response from GMP?
Abraham Odoh on 20:43 - Nov 22 with 4149 viewsD_Alien

Abraham Odoh on 19:52 - Nov 22 by HullDale

Just seen that the lad who has the contact details has been told by the police they can only deal with it if they receive it directly from Odoh.

Hopefully he gets hold of the details and hands them over, but it feels like a strange response from GMP?

I find that approach reprehensible. Compare that with this:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12372880/police-investigating-raci

"...we have investigators proactively seeking out abusive comments in connection to the match..."

I hope the club can take this up with the UK Football Policing Unit (quoted) on behalf of Odoh

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Abraham Odoh on 21:31 - Nov 22 with 4011 viewsRAFCBLUE

Abraham Odoh on 19:52 - Nov 22 by HullDale

The club said in the statement earlier that they would be reporting the incident to the relevant authorities directly.

Sad, that in the modern age, that is what is takes for GMP to take it seriously.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Abraham Odoh on 21:35 - Nov 22 with 3996 viewsDalenet

Abraham Odoh on 21:31 - Nov 22 by RAFCBLUE

The club said in the statement earlier that they would be reporting the incident to the relevant authorities directly.

Sad, that in the modern age, that is what is takes for GMP to take it seriously.

Sadly GMP is in Special Measures because it was unfit. It lacked leadership and was failing to record crimes. It has a poor record of conviction for crimes such as burglary. Hopefully the club's solicitor will help Odoh with a police complaint and they won't be able to ignore that.

I genuinely thought this was in the past. Beggars belief really
Abraham Odoh on 21:54 - Nov 22 with 3928 viewsnordenblue

Abraham Odoh on 21:31 - Nov 22 by RAFCBLUE

I'm still trying to get my head around what/why anyone would even write such a post/message full stop, absolute full on vvanker of a comment.

Nothing at all surprises me about GMP, I'm in a local whats app type group about crime etc and some of the things that haven't even been looked into are staggering.
Abraham Odoh on 21:59 - Nov 22 with 3906 viewsHullDale

Interestingly there is a 'friend' of the person who messaged Odoh claiming that he was asleep at the time and has been hacked.

He's been that vocal on twitter defending the original account that I just had to have a look at the followers on his account - lo & behold there is a twitter account with the same name as the offending insta account.

There are homophobic slurs on the timeline of that account - so clearly an all round tool. Hopefully the police will be able to use info from the twitter account as well as the deleted insta account to find the bloke and throw the book at him.
Abraham Odoh on 22:08 - Nov 22 with 3873 viewsnordenblue

Abraham Odoh on 21:59 - Nov 22 by HullDale

Interestingly there is a 'friend' of the person who messaged Odoh claiming that he was asleep at the time and has been hacked.

He's been that vocal on twitter defending the original account that I just had to have a look at the followers on his account - lo & behold there is a twitter account with the same name as the offending insta account.

There are homophobic slurs on the timeline of that account - so clearly an all round tool. Hopefully the police will be able to use info from the twitter account as well as the deleted insta account to find the bloke and throw the book at him.

Is there a link to this? Thanks
Abraham Odoh on 11:06 - Nov 23 with 3302 viewsBucketBstard

WTF is wrong with people...... How on earth has Odoh done anything to merit this disgusting attack? It cannot be a Dale fan since the lad tries his best everytime. ( I know colour should never come into abuse of a player , but we all know there are still some who stoop to this crass behaviour) . What has Odoh done to ask for the abuse?
I sometimes understand fans frustration at a poor player, but then again its not their fault they are picked by the manager. See my distrust of Dorsett as a footballer. ( Apparently he is improving , and I hope he does) . I can think of some loathesome individual players who may deserve some stick , like Lee Hughes for example who was/is a dispicable character , but only got abused as a player . Even if Odoh ripped an opposition team apart , the abuse should not be racist . The mind boggles at these idiots.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024