Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets on Sunday 19:31 - Feb 24 with 260218 viewsEllDale

They’re tweeting that their “matchday operations” are being restricted for the home game against Barrow on Sunday for reasons that they don’t want to divulge at the moment.
The bottom line is that the crowd capacity is limited to 920 and there will be no cash admissions on the day.
Wonder what that’s all about?
Hornets on Sunday on 09:32 - Mar 28 with 3247 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 09:20 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

It wouldn't be in the least surprising to find that Bottomley tried getting his nefarious hooks into Hornets

I think what we're seeing here reflects that

Some of you lot on here are that blinded by the bucket rattlers and paranoid you will be blaming him for the Ukraine invasion next
Hornets on Sunday on 09:34 - Mar 28 with 3240 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 09:15 - Mar 28 by Dalenet

Thing is Kel, I am not sure he is a true Hornets fan. Look at their forum. Despite yesterday being the start of a new season, there were only three people on their messageboard. One is Tyroneshoelaces who posts on here and seems sensible. Another is somebody that didn't even turn up to watch the game. Rochdale Glory seems to be quite an active social media contributor here all of a sudden - yet can't be bothered to engage with Hornets fans. He/she is either Hornets Board, or somebody who is now anti Dale whilst he awaits his fate from the EFL.

I thought the same until after my first few posts this morning. Unfortunately for our mate, Hornets fans like to talk and one of them has dropped him right in it with something so simple as a text message. He should be careful who he brags to 😀

Edit - sorry DN, only skimmed over your post at first. You’re definitely onto something though…
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 12:29]
Hornets on Sunday on 09:39 - Mar 28 with 3213 viewsD_Alien

Hornets on Sunday on 09:32 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

Some of you lot on here are that blinded by the bucket rattlers and paranoid you will be blaming him for the Ukraine invasion next

And your 'clarity of vision' comes from... listening to gossip in the sporting community but not the tap room?

That's cleared that up then

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets on Sunday on 09:43 - Mar 28 with 3198 viewskel

Tell you what, for someone who doesn’t have time to waste on Internet forums you’ve been logged in solidly since about 7am.

A Hornets liar - who’d have thought it.
Hornets on Sunday on 10:00 - Mar 28 with 3150 viewskel

Yeah cos a Dale fan would really say that.

Yet another slip up. Get some elastic for that mask, it’s slipping.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 10:01]
Hornets on Sunday on 10:01 - Mar 28 with 3152 viewsDaleiLama

Hornets on Sunday on 09:04 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

Grammar police....
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 9:04]

............... shouldn't you be running for cover?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hornets on Sunday on 10:22 - Mar 28 with 3101 viewsAlan_ADale

strange this glory buffoon chooses to belittle the current RAFC board, whom those who are "in the know" support wholeheartedly based on facts.surely this poster should be condeming the former "mr rochdale" (in his
own eyes only) who lost the club £1.2 million while pocketing a big pay rise for himself. you know, the one the RAFC shareholders fired off. the
one who is about to have legal action fylde against him. his imaginary friends about town must have let him know about that?
he didn't start a war in ukraine, just a revolution in rochdale.
Hornets on Sunday on 10:22 - Mar 28 with 3097 views49thseason

"I believe this to be true as senior people in the council are monitoring it."
Can we presume you are referring to a certain Alan Brett or perhaps Peter Rush? I would think they are probably the only Rochdale Councillors to have ever set foot inside the Crown Oil Arena. Equally your comments about what people around town are talking about are fascinating. The Idea that Rochdale Hornets is constantly on the lips of the local population is beyond laughable. Rochdale is generally as interested in sport as I am in Polynesian Conch Shell music.

Given there isn't a single pitch that meets the requirements of Academy football in Rochdale, given the state of Lenny Barn and Firgrove pitches, and that there has been no council attempt to apply for any of the £200m that the Government has made available for the renovation of football pitches (I asked), local sports clubs are left almost entirely to live on their own resources with a completely disinterested council (except when it comes to outrageous hire charges), and this in a town with some of the worst health and longevity statistics in the country. So lets not hear any more nonsense about Rochdale Council and its interest in local sport, thankyou...
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on Sunday on 10:41 - Mar 28 with 3043 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 08:54 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

I will say it again it’s an Internet forum not a court of law. You prove what I’m saying is wrong as my opinion is worth as much as yours and everyone else's here.

Your right about the council and it’s support of both clubs. Further strengthens the opinion that we should be being seen to be supportive of Hornets and indeed everyone else in our community if attempting to brand ourselves as a community club and club of people.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 8:57]

Amazing how people make the same mistakes with spelling on their Twitter accounts along with a certain posting style isn’t it?

“Lol”
Hornets on Sunday on 10:56 - Mar 28 with 3022 viewsD_Alien

Hornets on Sunday on 10:41 - Mar 28 by kel

Amazing how people make the same mistakes with spelling on their Twitter accounts along with a certain posting style isn’t it?

“Lol”

Graphology Rulez!

Or should that be Stylometry?

[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 11:01]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets on Sunday on 12:01 - Mar 28 with 2894 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 10:56 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

Graphology Rulez!

Or should that be Stylometry?

[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 11:01]

Dunno.

Had to Google both!
Hornets on Sunday on 12:44 - Mar 28 with 2808 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets on Sunday on 09:04 - Mar 28 by RochdaleGlory

Grammar police....
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 9:04]

Aye, and clever enough to catch out clowns like you.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hornets on Sunday on 13:02 - Mar 28 with 2744 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 12:44 - Mar 28 by TVOS1907

Aye, and clever enough to catch out clowns like you.

All a bit of a puzzle isn’t it?
Hornets on Sunday on 13:37 - Mar 28 with 2684 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets on Sunday on 09:15 - Mar 28 by Dalenet

Thing is Kel, I am not sure he is a true Hornets fan. Look at their forum. Despite yesterday being the start of a new season, there were only three people on their messageboard. One is Tyroneshoelaces who posts on here and seems sensible. Another is somebody that didn't even turn up to watch the game. Rochdale Glory seems to be quite an active social media contributor here all of a sudden - yet can't be bothered to engage with Hornets fans. He/she is either Hornets Board, or somebody who is now anti Dale whilst he awaits his fate from the EFL.

The Tyrone Shoelaces that posts on the rugby site and the Tyrone Shoelaces who posts on here are two different people.
Hornets on Sunday on 13:42 - Mar 28 with 2666 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 10:22 - Mar 28 by 49thseason

Can we presume you are referring to a certain Alan Brett or perhaps Peter Rush? I would think they are probably the only Rochdale Councillors to have ever set foot inside the Crown Oil Arena. Equally your comments about what people around town are talking about are fascinating. The Idea that Rochdale Hornets is constantly on the lips of the local population is beyond laughable. Rochdale is generally as interested in sport as I am in Polynesian Conch Shell music.

Given there isn't a single pitch that meets the requirements of Academy football in Rochdale, given the state of Lenny Barn and Firgrove pitches, and that there has been no council attempt to apply for any of the £200m that the Government has made available for the renovation of football pitches (I asked), local sports clubs are left almost entirely to live on their own resources with a completely disinterested council (except when it comes to outrageous hire charges), and this in a town with some of the worst health and longevity statistics in the country. So lets not hear any more nonsense about Rochdale Council and its interest in local sport, thankyou...

Sadly Councils these days are only interested in selling land for planning permission.. minor sport has taken a back seat for years.
Hornets on Sunday on 15:39 - Mar 28 with 2520 viewsmingthemerciless

I walked over Lenny Barn on my way to the game yesterday. On a lovely day for a kick about all I saw on the whole of the common was about 8 to 10 Asian kids playing cricket on that artificial wicket.
Hornets on Sunday on 15:52 - Mar 28 with 2501 viewsDalenet

Hornets on Sunday on 15:39 - Mar 28 by mingthemerciless

I walked over Lenny Barn on my way to the game yesterday. On a lovely day for a kick about all I saw on the whole of the common was about 8 to 10 Asian kids playing cricket on that artificial wicket.

Do you remember the legacy promise of the London Olympics - to create a generation of people that play sport and become more active. By 2015 the number of people involved oin sport had actually declined. A lost opportunity
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 16:27]
Hornets on Sunday on 00:15 - Mar 29 with 2280 viewsAtThePeake

Hornets on Sunday on 10:22 - Mar 28 by 49thseason

FWIW, Firgrove pitches are by no means among the worst locally. The council do take good care of them, check them weekly, have a representative present every time a fixture is played there and frustratingly called a couple of our Sunday League games off last season when we thought the pitches were playable. They also don't allow teams to train on the pitches to keep them in half decent condition.

Unfortunately for us, that last point was a kicker and since we had to find a new pitch for training, we thought we might as well use it for matches too. And as you pointed out the hire charges were a fair bit higher than what we currently pay elsewhere. But I don't think the council can be accused of not looking after Firgrove and I've looked forward to playing there whenever we've been away there this season.

Tangled up in blue.

Hornets on Sunday on 18:19 - Apr 10 with 1893 viewsbigdoug4

Hornets on Sunday on 11:54 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

You're also a bit dim, aren't you?

And you are so far up your own arse that we can see your teeth.
Hornets on Sunday on 18:29 - Apr 10 with 1858 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets on Sunday on 18:19 - Apr 10 by bigdoug4

Thought you knew how to behave.

Clearly not.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hornets on Sunday on 18:54 - Apr 10 with 1805 views100notout

Hornets on Sunday on 18:29 - Apr 10 by TVOS1907

Clearly not.

What has He done ?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Hornets on Sunday on 19:10 - Apr 10 with 1749 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 18:19 - Apr 10 by bigdoug4

Aside from that making zero sense, why are you looking at his arse BIG Doug?
Hornets on Sunday on 19:15 - Apr 10 with 1743 viewsSandyman

Hornets on Sunday on 18:29 - Apr 10 by TVOS1907

Clearly not.

He's probably been on the pop at Hornets all day and is now "behaving" whilst intoxicated.
Hornets on Sunday on 19:27 - Apr 10 with 1714 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 19:15 - Apr 10 by Sandyman

He's probably been on the pop at Hornets all day and is now "behaving" whilst intoxicated.

I hope we were charging the whining halfwits more than we pay at “The AFC” games again.
Hornets on Sunday on 19:37 - Apr 10 with 1679 viewsDalenet

Come on BigDoug, how many were there to watch Hornets today?

Big game against Owdum on Friday for you lot. I see you are still only selling tickets for the East of the Mainstand. Haven't you decided to pay for the whole stand to be open to get the bigger gate? Now you have had your loans repaid I am sure you can pay for the extra stewards etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024