Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets on Sunday 19:31 - Feb 24 with 262018 viewsEllDale

They’re tweeting that their “matchday operations” are being restricted for the home game against Barrow on Sunday for reasons that they don’t want to divulge at the moment.
The bottom line is that the crowd capacity is limited to 920 and there will be no cash admissions on the day.
Wonder what that’s all about?
Hornets on Sunday on 09:36 - May 10 with 2877 viewsIOMDale

Hornets on Sunday on 09:16 - May 10 by HullDale

Turns out its a 2 week loan deal for a player.

That is a hugely impressive signing but given it's a two week loan, hardly deserving of the hyperbole drummed up last night.

UTDNFS

Hornets on Sunday on 09:46 - May 10 with 2842 viewsTyroneShoelaces

Bit of a short term expenditure for Hornets.
No surprise that they have 2 must win games in the
next 2 weeks against Keighley and Doncaster. Expect
the same in June when the play Swinton and Hunslet
in a 2 week period as well
Hornets on Sunday on 10:02 - May 10 with 2801 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 09:36 - May 10 by IOMDale

That is a hugely impressive signing but given it's a two week loan, hardly deserving of the hyperbole drummed up last night.

I wouldn't even say impressive IOMDale.

Hitchcox is a washed up Aussie who has had his problems off the field and struggles to play and the below link suggests that he's had a handful of game over a long career hopping from club to club and not really making an impact:

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/jy-hitchcox/summary.html

The quotes are hilarious:

Hornets chairman, Andy Mazey, is thrilled to have signed someone of Hitchcox’s calibre.

He said: “We are absolutely delighted to bring a player of Jy’s quality to Rochdale Hornets.

For 14 days.
Two games.
On loan.

God knows what Mazey must be like if he borrows a couple of tea bags and cup of sugar from a neighbour.

"I'd like to personally thank Dorothy for her hard work in getting this amazing brew over the line. She's an absolute rock and I can only thank her from the bottom of my heart for her kindness and compassion in not letting me die of thirst

I personally think Mazey is trying to assemble the Rugby League cast of Dad's Army given the ages of some of the players there.

Desperate stuff.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hornets on Sunday on 10:24 - May 10 with 2758 viewsEllDale

I tend to agree.
He's a journeyman Aussie, not a player with X factor who's going to win games on his own.
Always struck me as a bit player at his other clubs.
The trouble with these short term loans can be the signals it sends out to the rest of the squad. You're telling the player who plays regularly that he replaces for two games that's he's good enough for the humdrum, bread and butter games but not up to it for the big matches.
Hornets on Sunday on 10:27 - May 10 with 2752 viewsIOMDale

Hornets on Sunday on 10:02 - May 10 by RAFCBLUE

I wouldn't even say impressive IOMDale.

Hitchcox is a washed up Aussie who has had his problems off the field and struggles to play and the below link suggests that he's had a handful of game over a long career hopping from club to club and not really making an impact:

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/jy-hitchcox/summary.html

The quotes are hilarious:

Hornets chairman, Andy Mazey, is thrilled to have signed someone of Hitchcox’s calibre.

He said: “We are absolutely delighted to bring a player of Jy’s quality to Rochdale Hornets.

For 14 days.
Two games.
On loan.

God knows what Mazey must be like if he borrows a couple of tea bags and cup of sugar from a neighbour.

"I'd like to personally thank Dorothy for her hard work in getting this amazing brew over the line. She's an absolute rock and I can only thank her from the bottom of my heart for her kindness and compassion in not letting me die of thirst

I personally think Mazey is trying to assemble the Rugby League cast of Dad's Army given the ages of some of the players there.

Desperate stuff.

I mean, credit where it's due. I watch a lot of RL and it is a huge drop-off from the top end of the Championship to League One; somebody like Hitchcox should tear it up at that level. The loan is basically nothing more than short-term strengthening for two big games, as has been mentioned.

There's all too much of this 'chasing the rainbow' in both the Championship and League One this season; Featherstone and Leigh are locked in an arms race to get promoted to Super League but when one of them falls short, the bill to be picked up is going to be eye-wateringly expensive.

UTDNFS

Hornets on Sunday on 10:51 - May 10 with 2709 viewsEllDale

Absolutely.
Leigh have just signed Aussie international Blake Ferguson and Hitchcox all of a sudden is surplus to requirements there yet still a fulltime professional eating up a portion of the salary cap.
I'm presuming Hornets will be paying a loan fee.
Hornets on Sunday on 13:18 - May 10 with 2542 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 10:51 - May 10 by EllDale

Absolutely.
Leigh have just signed Aussie international Blake Ferguson and Hitchcox all of a sudden is surplus to requirements there yet still a fulltime professional eating up a portion of the salary cap.

They will need to “sell out” a few home games at 920 capacity to afford him.
Hornets on Sunday on 13:52 - May 10 with 2491 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 13:18 - May 10 by pioneer

They will need to “sell out” a few home games at 920 capacity to afford him.

Very quiet on attendance last weekend after the "sell out"

How many were there on Saturday? 250?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on Sunday on 13:57 - May 10 with 2486 viewsIOMDale

Hornets on Sunday on 13:52 - May 10 by RAFCBLUE

Very quiet on attendance last weekend after the "sell out"

How many were there on Saturday? 250?

Every week, there'll be three of four home games where an attendance just isn't recorded, which is ridiculous. I mean, it shouldn't take long to count everybody.

There was a game cancelled a couple of weeks ago as there wasn't a doctor available on hand pitch-side. Not a good look at all at the semi-professional level.

UTDNFS

Hornets on Sunday on 14:01 - May 10 with 2480 viewsEllDale

There will be an official figure somewhere if only for VAT purposes.
It's not just Hornets who don't release attendance figures and I don't think it's compulsory any more under RFL byelaws.
Hornets on Sunday on 20:57 - May 10 with 2294 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 14:01 - May 10 by EllDale

There will be an official figure somewhere if only for VAT purposes.
It's not just Hornets who don't release attendance figures and I don't think it's compulsory any more under RFL byelaws.

On the rugby league records site attendence given as 327
Hornets on Sunday on 21:46 - May 10 with 2230 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 10:51 - May 10 by EllDale

Absolutely.

Ferguson has a very long history of serious disciplinary issues both in Australia and overseas. Hopefully he will be able to keep his slate clean for two weeks to avoid Hornets loan player being recalled.
Hornets on Sunday on 21:48 - May 10 with 2230 viewsEllDale

Which is exactly why they need to be out of the division they’re in.
If the average admission price, for a round figure, was £10 and winning money for 17 players and the staff had to be found then there isn’t much spare cash left over.
Hornets on Sunday on 21:51 - May 10 with 2215 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 20:57 - May 10 by pioneer

Which website is that from pioneer?

Hornets on Sunday on 23:10 - May 10 with 2147 viewsAtThePeake

Remarkably low given everyone in the town is talking about them.

Tangled up in blue.

Hornets on Sunday on 23:30 - May 10 with 2118 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 21:51 - May 10 by RAFCBLUE

Which website is that from pioneer?

rugbyleaguerecords.com
Hornets on Sunday on 23:32 - May 10 with 2117 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 21:48 - May 10 by EllDale

Which is exactly why they need to be out of the division they’re in.
If the average admission price, for a round figure, was £10 and winning money for 17 players and the staff had to be found then there isn’t much spare cash left over.

...or to pay the rent for the use of the stadium.
Hornets on Sunday on 23:42 - May 10 with 2109 viewspioneer

Incidentally Hornets played the same Midland Hurricanes in the 'first' round of the Challenge Cup back in January at Spotland. The crowd was 688. So despite riding high in the league, playing attractive rugby and now being in the warmer months they have 'lost' over 50% of the crowd from January. The imposition of the restriction on capacity appears to be having a serious affect on numbers.
Hornets on Sunday on 07:51 - May 11 with 1990 viewsDalenet

That is shocking. When they played in Cornwall two weeks ago the unknown side managed a gate of over 900. Yet Hornets and Owdum, in the old Rugby League heartland (M62 corridor) are now sub 500. If Hornets can't manage more than 327 when they are riding high in League 1 they have no chance.
Hornets on Sunday on 10:07 - May 11 with 1881 viewsdawlishdale

Hornets on Sunday on 07:51 - May 11 by Dalenet

That is shocking. When they played in Cornwall two weeks ago the unknown side managed a gate of over 900. Yet Hornets and Owdum, in the old Rugby League heartland (M62 corridor) are now sub 500. If Hornets can't manage more than 327 when they are riding high in League 1 they have no chance.

I used to go and watch both teams back in the day, and am always pleased when Hornets are doing well...it's good for the town.

However, I am put off going to support them these days by the attitude of a very small number of their fans (or possibly Officials) on here. There are only a few of them, but by heck they are good at spoiling any goodwill.

Their sniping at the football club is tedious, and ultimately counter productive. With a more welcoming attitude and less sniping, they could easily add 100 or so Dale fans to their lowly gates.
Hornets on Sunday on 11:13 - May 11 with 1816 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 07:51 - May 11 by Dalenet

They did play saturday, clashing with Mayfield at home and the Rugbly league challenge cup semis on live TV.

No reason given for playing saturday of course. Another management decision imposed without explanation.
Hornets on Sunday on 11:24 - May 11 with 1794 viewsSandyman

Hornets on Sunday on 10:07 - May 11 by dawlishdale

I used to go and watch both teams back in the day, and am always pleased when Hornets are doing well...it's good for the town.

However, I am put off going to support them these days by the attitude of a very small number of their fans (or possibly Officials) on here. There are only a few of them, but by heck they are good at spoiling any goodwill.

Their sniping at the football club is tedious, and ultimately counter productive. With a more welcoming attitude and less sniping, they could easily add 100 or so Dale fans to their lowly gates.

Spot on! Great to read that Hornets are having a good season. Would like to watch them now and again but the sniping from the likes of "Rochdale Glory" and "Big Doug" put you off even considering paying to watch a game.

For years some of their fans have whinged and whined about Spotland. When have they ever done anything to build their own venue? Never.
Hornets on Sunday on 11:46 - May 11 with 1760 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 11:24 - May 11 by Sandyman

Spot on! Great to read that Hornets are having a good season. Would like to watch them now and again but the sniping from the likes of "Rochdale Glory" and "Big Doug" put you off even considering paying to watch a game.

For years some of their fans have whinged and whined about Spotland. When have they ever done anything to build their own venue? Never.

Yep. The poison dwarf and BIG dopey Doug have scored a tremendous own goal on here and have lost a lot of goodwill through their little digs.

Happy to see them go the same way as bury now.
Hornets on Sunday on 12:22 - May 11 with 1692 viewsjudd

Hornets on Sunday on 11:13 - May 11 by pioneer

They did play saturday, clashing with Mayfield at home and the Rugbly league challenge cup semis on live TV.

No reason given for playing saturday of course. Another management decision imposed without explanation.

I was at Mayfield on Saturday and what a superb game it was. The crowd was sparse but the bar was busy with people watching the Saints/Wigan semi. Really bizarre of the RFL to play these semis when amateur games were on, and for Hornets to also play at the same time.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hornets on Sunday on 20:00 - May 11 with 1497 viewsjudd

Another big announcement due at 8:30 apparently.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024