Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Singing section? 16:18 - Apr 1 with 11534 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Singing section? on 16:24 - Apr 1 with 8038 viewsDaleiLama

Singing section? on 16:27 - Apr 1 with 8021 viewsHullDale

Sounds like a good idea in principle, and seems to be being done the right way.

Just had a look through their feed and discussions are ongoing with ground safety officer about a safe standing section around that area which I think will certainly help take up.

Hopefully this, and any output from the season ticket workshop being brought to life, will help create an atmosphere at Spotland next season... fingers crossed with all legal guff out of the way and we can just concentrate on actual football.
Singing section? on 16:33 - Apr 1 with 7970 viewsjudd

Just the name makes them seem like a bunch of flashers

Poll: What is it to be then?

Singing section? on 17:08 - Apr 1 with 7883 viewsDaleiLama

Singing section? on 16:33 - Apr 1 by judd

Just the name makes them seem like a bunch of flashers

[Post edited 1 Apr 2022 17:13]

Singing section? on 20:39 - Apr 1 with 7640 viewsBrierls

If a group of fans want to have a specific section for singing, fair play and well done for making it happen. Hopefully it comes off and the atmosphere is better at home games.

The name, The Overcoaters, is shite. It makes no sense. The Overcoat Men are legendary figures who saved the club from oblivion, not fans who were known for singing their hearts out in the stands. I know it will be meant in a respectful/tribute way, but it sounds ridiculous and that’s from somebody who knows what it’s referencing. Every other week we have fans singing “town full of paedos” and our ‘singing section’ come up with the name of ‘The Overcoaters’. Noncetastic.
Singing section? on 21:55 - Apr 1 with 7489 viewsjudd

Singing section? on 20:39 - Apr 1 by Brierls

If a group of fans want to have a specific section for singing, fair play and well done for making it happen. Hopefully it comes off and the atmosphere is better at home games.

The name, The Overcoaters, is shite. It makes no sense. The Overcoat Men are legendary figures who saved the club from oblivion, not fans who were known for singing their hearts out in the stands. I know it will be meant in a respectful/tribute way, but it sounds ridiculous and that’s from somebody who knows what it’s referencing. Every other week we have fans singing “town full of paedos” and our ‘singing section’ come up with the name of ‘The Overcoaters’. Noncetastic.

#stonedchipmunk

Poll: What is it to be then?

Singing section? on 07:39 - Apr 2 with 7293 viewsDalliance

Someone from the recent hostile takeover attempts doing a Morrisey solo (the More You Ignore Me the Closer I Get)?

Beware!
I bear more grudges
Than lonely high court judges
When you sleep
I will creep
Into your thoughts
Like a bad debt
That you can't pay
Take the easy way
And give in
Yeah, and let me in
Singing section? on 08:32 - Apr 2 with 7241 viewsDalliance

Will add some musical bits to a separate song writing thread.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 11:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Singing section? on 13:19 - Apr 2 with 7011 views49thseason

I am all in favour, especially if they take the lad who has been trying to beat his drum to death at recent games with them. I have reported him to the RSPMI ( Royal Society for the Protection of Musical Instruments). I expect they will remove his drum to a place of protection, they will probably remove his maracas too.

A singing section will certainly add something to the pre-match atmosphere, there is nothing like a bit of 4-part harmony to pump up the crowd. Maybe an occasional Madrigal? Or a good old- fashioned Round? That should get the players psyched up.
All together now.... London's burning, London's burning, ... Or perhaps a rendition of this Bowie classic....
" Theres a Charman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a Charman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
'Cause he knows it's all worthwhile "
Singing section? on 13:46 - Apr 2 with 6966 viewsrod_leach

Good luck to them. I've got to say, though, that I cannot abide drums at football. I can't concentrate on the game when there's a constant banging noise going on. I'd go so far as to say I'd consider not going to games if it was a constant for 90 mins, every game.
I'd be surprised if I was the only one who thinks this.
Singing section? on 13:51 - Apr 2 with 6962 views442Dale

Singing section? on 13:46 - Apr 2 by rod_leach

Good luck to them. I've got to say, though, that I cannot abide drums at football. I can't concentrate on the game when there's a constant banging noise going on. I'd go so far as to say I'd consider not going to games if it was a constant for 90 mins, every game.
I'd be surprised if I was the only one who thinks this.

While not a fan myself, if people want to drum to add some atmosphere then it’s fair enough. Don’t ever remember it being for a full game, but as seen at places like Oldham and Accrington, there can be a section for more noisy fans with drums and flags etc that benefit their clubs.

If it’s thought through and planned with the Trust/Club it’s a good idea.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Singing section? on 17:24 - Apr 2 with 6780 viewsTomRAFC

Done well, this could be brilliant for the atmosphere. Nothing will move me from the Sandy but I wish them all the best with it.

Hopefully it doesn't get hijacked by the sort of people who thought coked up pitch invaders were creating"atmosphere". The last thing they need is validation that they are part of a special section.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Singing section? on 21:44 - Apr 2 with 6502 views_Windydale

Overcoaters is a nice tribute, but it could be an own goal and maybe susceptible to obvious p1ss take and vision of The flasher's Mac.

Whatever chosen, others I can think of:

Rochdale Revolutionaries.
Ultra's
Rochdale Rebellion
Rochdale Radical's
Rochdale Boleshiks (Can't have that one now)
Rochdale Reform (after that Pub in Spotland)
Rochdale Junta
Desmonds Number Ones
Singing section? on 02:17 - Apr 3 with 6379 viewsCanadaDale

It’s a good idea that they’re trying to work this in.
Over here in Canada my local club has a standing “singing section” behind the goal and it’s great.
They’re the cheapest tickets in the ground and everyone there wants to get an atmosphere going.
Hope it takes off and improves the match days.
Can’t make it any worse I’ve being to funerals with more atmosphere than spotland sometimes.
Singing section? on 11:45 - Apr 3 with 6194 viewsboromat

Not quite sure why it needs a name. But if it does maybe Gracies Singing Section. (The Gracies) or something along those lines at least then there's a singing link.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Singing section? on 11:56 - Apr 3 with 6169 viewsD_Alien

Singing section? on 11:45 - Apr 3 by boromat

Not quite sure why it needs a name. But if it does maybe Gracies Singing Section. (The Gracies) or something along those lines at least then there's a singing link.

On a freezing Tuesday night in January it could be The Three Graces?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Singing section? on 14:40 - Apr 3 with 6044 viewsboromat

Singing section? on 11:56 - Apr 3 by D_Alien

On a freezing Tuesday night in January it could be The Three Graces?

There's also a few album titles that'd work as names.

The Rochdale Hounds
Gracie's Working Party

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Singing section? on 16:09 - Apr 3 with 5970 viewsDaleiLama

Smith's Metallica seems an obvious one?
Twenty quid to get in that stand so the two tenners would also work?

Singing section? on 21:58 - Apr 5 with 5523 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Great idea this, get the atmosphere going, it is what brings in the youth element of a fan base, if they can go to the game and enjoy themselves. I don’t know if it’s set in stone for the Pearl street, but as an idea wouldn’t the end section of the main stand be better, the section nearest to the Sandy, so both sets of home fans can ‘bounce’ off each other.
Singing section? on 09:10 - Apr 6 with 5315 viewsBoss_Hog

I think this is a really good idea and a positive move.

As the group will be located within Smith Metals Stand and therefore close to the Family Stand, can we please try and come up with songs and create an atmosphere that doesn't include constant swearing? I was embarrassed with some of the chants at Oldham recently, whereas I listened to Crystal Palace fans create an excellent atmosphere on Monday night with original songs and don't recall their ultras or whatever they like to call themselves shouting profanities in every chant.

Good luck with it as the atmosphere inside the stadium could certainly do with improving.
Singing section? on 11:06 - Apr 6 with 5213 viewskel

Singing section? on 21:58 - Apr 5 by TrueDaleBlue

Great idea this, get the atmosphere going, it is what brings in the youth element of a fan base, if they can go to the game and enjoy themselves. I don’t know if it’s set in stone for the Pearl street, but as an idea wouldn’t the end section of the main stand be better, the section nearest to the Sandy, so both sets of home fans can ‘bounce’ off each other.

No thanks. The main stand is for us bovril drinking snowflakes.
Singing section? on 11:28 - Apr 6 with 5170 viewsdiver

Singing section? on 11:06 - Apr 6 by kel

We only sing when we are winning!!
Singing section? on 11:33 - Apr 6 with 5158 viewskel

Singing section? on 11:28 - Apr 6 by diver

We only sing when we are winning!!

Indeed!

Similar to some people on here, but they only post when we are losing.
Singing section? on 13:22 - Apr 6 with 5036 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Singing section? on 11:06 - Apr 6 by kel

Change is not good.😀
Singing section? on 13:34 - Apr 6 with 5006 viewsAtThePeake

Singing section? on 21:58 - Apr 5 by TrueDaleBlue

An issue with that would be the cost. Traditionally these sections are usually among the cheapest parts of the ground so as to encourage students and younger people to come along. Main Stand is too expensive.

I think this is a great idea though, providing it doesn't descend into the kind of posturing nonsense we saw away at Oldham and Scunny. The home atmosphere needs to improve and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do on that front.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024