Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust update email.. 17:51 - May 13 with 14869 viewselectricblue

I recieved the trust update about the court case etc.
A date as been set and mediation as been asked to try n resolve the issue that date is still tbc..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Trust update email.. on 17:54 - May 13 with 6597 viewskel

I ave ad it too.
Trust update email.. on 18:03 - May 13 with 6570 viewsjudd

Mediation is standard procedure.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust update email.. on 18:05 - May 13 with 6559 viewsDaleiLama

Trust update email.. on 17:54 - May 13 by kel

I ave ad it too.

I ad already posted it on the crowdfunding thread in answer to Dale-4-life, too. I ad confirmed the 400 SC sales on the SC thread too. It appens.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Trust update email.. on 18:11 - May 13 with 6532 viewskel

Trust update email.. on 18:05 - May 13 by DaleiLama

I ad already posted it on the crowdfunding thread in answer to Dale-4-life, too. I ad confirmed the 400 SC sales on the SC thread too. It appens.

Hapologies, I adn’t seen that.
Trust update email.. on 18:21 - May 13 with 6506 viewsDaleiLama

Trust update email.. on 18:11 - May 13 by kel

Hapologies, I adn’t seen that.

Haccepted.

Trust update email.. on 18:31 - May 13 with 6462 viewswozzrafc

The question is who will turn up for MH?

Sweepstake anyone? Curran, rose, Denise, Faisal, Southall, jarvis, bottemley, mark Farrugia
Trust update email.. on 19:12 - May 13 with 6328 viewsblackdogblue

Not a Legal Eagle but if they don’t turn up would be better for the cause?

UTDNFS

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Trust update email.. on 16:00 - May 14 with 5855 viewsPeaky

Trust update email.. on 19:12 - May 13 by blackdogblue

Not a Legal Eagle but if they don’t turn up would be better for the cause?

UTDNFS

Up the dale not for sale. Take them all the way.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust update email.. on 17:11 - May 14 with 5757 viewsfinberty

Trust update email.. on 18:31 - May 13 by wozzrafc

The question is who will turn up for MH?

Sweepstake anyone? Curran, rose, Denise, Faisal, Southall, jarvis, bottemley, mark Farrugia

A couple of investigators from HMRC can be invited too. Purely for research purposes.

It would be a shame to miss the opportunity of identifying how and where the MH money originated from.
Trust update email.. on 12:33 - May 15 with 5387 viewsDale_4_Life

It really would be great for HMRC to really get involved.

Let's take the biggest torch we can find as well to shine the light directly back onto them as they are forensically picked apart.

They thought this was an easy fight... Bullies will never win!
[Post edited 15 May 2022 12:34]
Trust update email.. on 13:18 - May 15 with 5318 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trust update email.. on 12:33 - May 15 by Dale_4_Life

It really would be great for HMRC to really get involved.

Let's take the biggest torch we can find as well to shine the light directly back onto them as they are forensically picked apart.

They thought this was an easy fight... Bullies will never win!
[Post edited 15 May 2022 12:34]

I understand HMRC are involved.

As are the legislators who deal with unexplained wealth orders.

On the face of it, the £1.2m Jarvis claimed in the Manchester Evening News which has been spent cannot be properly explained as to its source.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Trust update email.. on 06:35 - May 16 with 5002 viewsDale_4_Life

So when is the date?
Trust update email.. on 09:21 - May 16 with 4831 viewsDaleiLama

Trust update email.. on 06:35 - May 16 by Dale_4_Life

So when is the date?

Check out the benefits of being a Trust member in this thread (including the monthly email which answers your question).

I'll even paste them below for you.

With the season now at a close, we are now accepting Dale Trust membership applications for the 2022-23 season. And once again, we have capped prices at just £5 for the full season.

Becoming a member entitles you to:
* a shiny membership card
* a monthly newsletter
* in the draw for matchball sponsorship package x 3
* your questions for the Club Board asked on your behalf
* the chance to win a player's shirt each month
* discounts for Trust events +much more

This past twelve months has seen the need for a strong Trust that will act on behalf of the supporters to ensure the long term health of the Football Club, and we can only do so with the support of the Fanbase.

We had over 1300 members last season in what was a record breaking year for the Trust, and we want you with us again for the 2022-23 season. By keeping membership at just a five for the 2022-23 season, Dale Trust membership for 2022-23 remains cheaper than:

* Buying a Big Mac Extra Value Medium Meal
* Getting the train from Rochdale to Hebden Bridge
* Parking for 30 mins at Manchester Airport
* Netflix for a month
* a large breakfast at the Regal Moon
* 200g of Gold Blend coffee from Tesco
* three litres of Diesel
* sending a medium sized parcel second class
* buying 17 Freddo bars

With everything else going up in price, the Trust membership is fantastic value for money even if we do say it ourselves and it will bring you much more enjoyment and fulfilment than 17 Freddo bars.

https://t.co/AtrSQHI3ES

Trust update email.. on 09:48 - May 16 with 4769 viewsDorkingDale

Trust update email.. on 17:11 - May 14 by finberty

A couple of investigators from HMRC can be invited too. Purely for research purposes.

It would be a shame to miss the opportunity of identifying how and where the MH money originated from.

I'm sure that there's a lot going on behind the scenes, which may explain why the EFL have been dragging their feet (nobody messes with HMRC - they are more powerful than the police).

However, with regard to the Court Case & Mediation, I would've thought that it will focus purely on whether the Club & the Trust acted legally with the share issue.
Trust update email.. on 10:34 - May 16 with 4678 viewsjudd

Trust update email.. on 09:48 - May 16 by DorkingDale

I'm sure that there's a lot going on behind the scenes, which may explain why the EFL have been dragging their feet (nobody messes with HMRC - they are more powerful than the police).

However, with regard to the Court Case & Mediation, I would've thought that it will focus purely on whether the Club & the Trust acted legally with the share issue.

I'd have thought mediation would seek to see if a price for the shares can be agreed.

Trust update email.. on 10:49 - May 16 with 4645 viewsDorkingDale

Trust update email.. on 10:34 - May 16 by judd

I'd have thought mediation would seek to see if a price for the shares can be agreed.

The MH shares Judd? Is there a suggestion that Trust might buy them?
Trust update email.. on 11:05 - May 16 with 4601 viewsjudd

Trust update email.. on 10:49 - May 16 by DorkingDale

The MH shares Judd? Is there a suggestion that Trust might buy them?

The MH shares, yes. No suggestion as to who might buy them.

My reading up on unfair prejudice petitions is that a court can order the petitioned to buy the shares at a price the court sets. Before this potential action is taken it makes sense to mediate, see if a deal can be struck and assuming the petitioned can afford them.

Trust update email.. on 11:17 - May 16 with 4551 viewsD_Alien

Trust update email.. on 11:05 - May 16 by judd

My reading up on unfair prejudice petitions is that a court can order the petitioned to buy the shares at a price the court sets. Before this potential action is taken it makes sense to mediate, see if a deal can be struck and assuming the petitioned can afford them.

What if a deal can't be struck at mediation, and the petitioned can't* afford them at the price the court sets?

* as in "no, we're not paying more than the most recent valuation of shares"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust update email.. on 11:26 - May 16 with 4533 viewsTomRAFC

Morton House will have to show a new level of transparency with regards to the legal documents behind the deals. We won't have to take their word for anything.

The first thing they need to prove is that they do own the shares in question, even if they have been foolish enough to pay for them.

As supposed shareholders, why didn't they vote against this "prejudiced" motion at the EGM?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Trust update email.. on 12:02 - May 16 with 4461 viewsjudd

Trust update email.. on 11:17 - May 16 by D_Alien

What if a deal can't be struck at mediation, and the petitioned can't* afford them at the price the court sets?

* as in "no, we're not paying more than the most recent valuation of shares"

If a deal can't be struck and it proceeds to Court and court agrees with the petitioner and orders the shares to be bought at a price set by the petitioned, unless the court sets a time limit to complete, it will come down to how the petitioned can pay, if at all. I've not found any case law to substantiate these thoughts though.

The court could also find in favour of the petitioned, ie no case to answer.

Trust update email.. on 12:23 - May 16 with 4415 viewsD_Alien

Trust update email.. on 12:02 - May 16 by judd

If a deal can't be struck and it proceeds to Court and court agrees with the petitioner and orders the shares to be bought at a price set by the petitioned, unless the court sets a time limit to complete, it will come down to how the petitioned can pay, if at all. I've not found any case law to substantiate these thoughts though.

The court could also find in favour of the petitioned, ie no case to answer.

Cheers

In the absence of legal precedents, and a perceived element of 'unfairness' in the adjudication (by either party), there's also the possibility of appeal albeit risky and even more expensive

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust update email.. on 14:23 - May 16 with 4244 viewsNigeriamark

Trust update email.. on 11:05 - May 16 by judd

I thought the MH shares ware bought in a private deal from 4 or 5 of the main shareholders? If that is the case it can't really be part of this hearing as it has nothing to do with the club or trust. This is about the later share allocation & if they were sold at the same price as before there can't really be an issue. I think it is more that MH feel they should have had the option to buy some of these + unfair treatment in general from the club & trust ( the EGM etc)
Trust update email.. on 14:36 - May 16 with 4215 viewsDaleiLama

Trust update email.. on 14:23 - May 16 by Nigeriamark

I thought the MH shares ware bought in a private deal from 4 or 5 of the main shareholders? If that is the case it can't really be part of this hearing as it has nothing to do with the club or trust. This is about the later share allocation & if they were sold at the same price as before there can't really be an issue. I think it is more that MH feel they should have had the option to buy some of these + unfair treatment in general from the club & trust ( the EGM etc)

From my (admittedly extremely limited) knowledge of any legalities surrounding this, that is the crux of the issue ........... if MH acquired shares without telling the club or the EFL by way of having those shares registered (they still aren't as I understand it), how can MH be expected to be included in any allocation of new shares, whether it asked to be or not? On this basis, there should be no case to answer, but getting too much into this on an open MB probably isn't the way to go, as it isn't just the good guys reading this.

Trust update email.. on 14:38 - May 16 with 4210 viewsjudd

Trust update email.. on 14:23 - May 16 by Nigeriamark

MH do not want to be left with the shares nor out of pocket.

As an alternative to reversing the share issue last autumn, the club may be asked by MH to buy those shares acquired from the 6 private sellers.

If the share issue is reversed and we don't buy back the shares, MH can maintain their pre-issue percentage shareholding.

Trust update email.. on 16:32 - May 16 with 3996 viewsDale_4_Life

Keep very calm and our cards close to chest.

MH purchased privately from individual shareholders. If they have beef take it up there. The Club have no case to answer.

The club followed all the rules for the latest share allocation (£2 a share) and had every right to authorize as they saw fit.

No case to answer (for those reading who don't like the truth or cannot accept it) the judge and the court will see this in an instant.
[Post edited 16 May 2022 16:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024