Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swindon Match Thread.. 09:17 - Aug 19 with 38126 viewsdale1968

So with the late dismissal yesterday of the management duo I would not even begin to try and asess tommorrows game, or even who will run the show from the dugout.
I hope that we can break our pts duck and come back north with something more positive.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:04 - Aug 20 with 2428 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:01 - Aug 20 by BleuRochdale

The fact I am on a fan's forum suggests I can read, but I appreciate your concern. I'll book myself into Specsavers next week and you send you the results.

I'll ask again

Why did you respond to my point about the board by asking me for my impression?

"Fans don't sack the manager, and there's no way the board was going to sack Stockdale at the end of last season even with fan pressure"

There, i've copied it for you to read again

[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 17:07]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:05 - Aug 20 with 2416 viewsDalenet

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:59 - Aug 20 by Cedar_Room

So is this our worst ever start to a season??

Yes I believe so. Never lost the first 5 games as a league club is how it was described a minute ago
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:06 - Aug 20 with 2407 viewsfourfourtwo

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:55 - Aug 20 by Trev

There's been quite a bit of competition, but that's one of the most moronic things I've read on here.

Is it? Stockdale should have been sacked before the Carlisle game last season in all honesty, but everybody wanted to give him chance after chance.

We missed out on Pete Wilder as a result of sticking with RS, who has completely and utterly blown pre-season, signed a load of shite, failed to keep hold of any player we offered a contract to (telling) and now sit in the one of the most precarious positions in our entire history.

I’d say it’s a very fair point, hardly moronic.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:07 - Aug 20 with 2373 views442Dale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:01 - Aug 20 by mightydale

Why is it, it was obvious last season, the manger was clueless, you lot wanted to give him the summer
Surprise Surprise, you reap what you sow.

Hardly the fans fault for supporting a manager who despite his obvious shortcomings, still managed to get some decent results. Was that proven to be wrong? Yeah. Still don’t get how it helps by blaming each other because we didn’t choose the manager or the players, we supported them, offered opinions and hoped it would get better.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:09 - Aug 20 with 2324 viewsBleuRochdale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:04 - Aug 20 by D_Alien

I'll ask again

Why did you respond to my point about the board by asking me for my impression?

"Fans don't sack the manager, and there's no way the board was going to sack Stockdale at the end of last season even with fan pressure"

There, i've copied it for you to read again

[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 17:07]

You stated: 'the board were never going to sack Stockdale at the end of last season'. I am challenging this. They had every right to, and should have done. Last season was bad enough. It was clear he was a manager who could not change a game. He stuck with the same formation every week.

Unfortunately, we not only stuck with him, we backed him during the summer, and now are left in a terrible mess.

Pick the bones out of that, if you are capable of doing....
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:10 - Aug 20 with 2273 viewsTrev

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:06 - Aug 20 by fourfourtwo

Is it? Stockdale should have been sacked before the Carlisle game last season in all honesty, but everybody wanted to give him chance after chance.

We missed out on Pete Wilder as a result of sticking with RS, who has completely and utterly blown pre-season, signed a load of shite, failed to keep hold of any player we offered a contract to (telling) and now sit in the one of the most precarious positions in our entire history.

Fair enough, that wasn't the point your man was making though.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:11 - Aug 20 with 2260 views442Dale

But it isn’t the fans fault for supporting him, even if you didn’t at the time. If people wanted to give him a chance it was because they saw reasons to even if we might not all agree. There’s no winners or losers in this with the ability for anyone to say “I told you so”. Because if that happens we aren’t sticking together when we need to.

Where is the evidence that we missed out on Wild?

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:11 - Aug 20 with 2243 viewssince58

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:47 - Aug 20 by Frog

I can't understand anyone paying to watch this carp.

Better off fishing at least at least there mightbesomething in the back of the net.⚽⚽⚽
Login to get fewer ads

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:13 - Aug 20 with 2189 viewsfourfourtwo

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:07 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

Hardly the fans fault for supporting a manager who despite his obvious shortcomings, still managed to get some decent results. Was that proven to be wrong? Yeah. Still don’t get how it helps by blaming each other because we didn’t choose the manager or the players, we supported them, offered opinions and hoped it would get better.

How many decent results did he get? I’m really interested to know.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:14 - Aug 20 with 2135 viewsBleuRochdale

Condescension NOUN
FORMAL the behaviour of someone that shows they think they are more important or more intelligent than other people
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:15 - Aug 20 with 2121 viewsTrev

Just hope we can get someone in who will concentrate on making us hard to beat. The squad is not good enough for much else as it stands.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:16 - Aug 20 with 2097 views442Dale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:13 - Aug 20 by fourfourtwo

How many decent results did he get? I’m really interested to know.

See the start of last season and the response from the Carlisle game onwards. Was it ever anything special? Of course not. But some were willing to give him a chance because there were signs he could get things right. Ultimately he didn’t.

We discussed all this back in the winter/spring, it’s done and accepted it didn’t work out. We need to move forward rather than try and win age old arguments. I’ll accept I was wrong.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:18 - Aug 20 with 2024 viewsfourfourtwo

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:16 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

See the start of last season and the response from the Carlisle game onwards. Was it ever anything special? Of course not. But some were willing to give him a chance because there were signs he could get things right. Ultimately he didn’t.

We discussed all this back in the winter/spring, it’s done and accepted it didn’t work out. We need to move forward rather than try and win age old arguments. I’ll accept I was wrong.

“Try and win old arguments”.

Funny that. There’s plenty of posters on here and other social media platforms who have been shot down by cowardly bullies for voicing their opinions of concern last year & over the summer, made to look stupid & feel shite.

What do you know, they were all right.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:19 - Aug 20 with 2006 viewsSaxonDale

I think today has highlighted what a mess Stockdale has put us in. I presume McNulty went 4 at the back from the off after canvassing opinion from key players/ his own observations that the 5 wasn't working but today it exposed the complete limitations of the squad that has been put together. For differing reasons each goal was criminally amateurish but the 3rd highlighted what a mess the back line currently is.

-Seriki isn't anymore of a right back in a 4 than O'Keefe- if we're changing system he needs sending back.
-Nelson is learning on the job and we can't afford to have that this season- I would send him back and look to bring in some experience (but we also need a centre back who can pass the ball out as EEL can't)
-EEL has huge limitations and I don't think is playing well enough to lead the defence without an experienced head next to him
-John isn't a left back
- Ball was poor again despite playing further forward and it's time he had a spell out the squad.
-Tulloch is not going to be the difference this season and neither is Sinclair
- Henderson cut a frustrated figure today; he was very poor
- We still play like a bunch of individuals too often

Positives

-Malley looked to pass forward and at pace
- We had a few reasonably crafted moves

Make no mistake we're in as much of a mess on the pitch as I can remember. This is a crucial next week for the board and I fear we might have left it too late to both find a new manager and have them bring it their own players before the end of the window.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 17:25]
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:19 - Aug 20 with 1984 viewsSandyman

Stockdale has dropped this club in the mire big time. His doing. Thankfully he's no longer here. Who thought what and when, is now irrelevant. Most important is the search for a miracle worker to keep us in the EFL.

#UTDNFS
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:21 - Aug 20 with 1950 viewsTVOS1907

Swindon Match Thread.. on 15:35 - Aug 20 by dawlishdale

Great chance for Odoh. Awful miss though.
Swindon really should be 3 up but for some good saves by O'Donnell.

He was our best player by a mile today.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:22 - Aug 20 with 1919 views442Dale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:18 - Aug 20 by fourfourtwo

“Try and win old arguments”.

Funny that. There’s plenty of posters on here and other social media platforms who have been shot down by cowardly bullies for voicing their opinions of concern last year & over the summer, made to look stupid & feel shite.

What do you know, they were all right.

It won’t make the situation any better now though.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:28 - Aug 20 with 1792 viewsZac_B

Apologies if this comes across as a stupid question, but myself and a friend were pondering this whilst watching the Grimsby game and a couple of the players appeared confused by the concept of football: Will a contracted player pick up a salary, regardless of performance and appearances, until either sold, sacked due to gross misconduct or released at end of contract?
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:29 - Aug 20 with 2684 viewsEllDale

Minor point but he’s called Pete Wild. Chris Wilder is a completely different manager.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:31 - Aug 20 with 2640 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:19 - Aug 20 by SaxonDale

I think today has highlighted what a mess Stockdale has put us in. I presume McNulty went 4 at the back from the off after canvassing opinion from key players/ his own observations that the 5 wasn't working but today it exposed the complete limitations of the squad that has been put together. For differing reasons each goal was criminally amateurish but the 3rd highlighted what a mess the back line currently is.

-Seriki isn't anymore of a right back in a 4 than O'Keefe- if we're changing system he needs sending back.
-Nelson is learning on the job and we can't afford to have that this season- I would send him back and look to bring in some experience (but we also need a centre back who can pass the ball out as EEL can't)
-EEL has huge limitations and I don't think is playing well enough to lead the defence without an experienced head next to him
-John isn't a left back
- Ball was poor again despite playing further forward and it's time he had a spell out the squad.
-Tulloch is not going to be the difference this season and neither is Sinclair
- Henderson cut a frustrated figure today; he was very poor
- We still play like a bunch of individuals too often

Positives

-Malley looked to pass forward and at pace
- We had a few reasonably crafted moves

Make no mistake we're in as much of a mess on the pitch as I can remember. This is a crucial next week for the board and I fear we might have left it too late to both find a new manager and have them bring it their own players before the end of the window.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 17:25]

Good summary

I'll hold my hand up, and say that Ball's form has gone down a drain since he started with us. How much that's a temporary thing, and he'll come back revitalised under a new manager is entirely down to him. There is a player there, but as an example of losing confidence he's an example of something most of the squad are suffering

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:32 - Aug 20 with 2626 views442Dale

A point that’s been made on the podcast by Dean pre-season is one that has proven to be astute is the doubts around the recruitment when others were obviously willing to see that, on paper, we’d added in areas with the ‘right sort of player’. Do I think EEL, Diagouraga, Henderson (using the experienced spine of the team) are rubbish signings? No, but those concerns raised have been spot on so far. The biggest takeaway so far is that a squad that looked ok on paper has actually managed to fall shorter than any worst fears.

We deal with where we are, not where we were. Those same players have got to do more, if they’re not capable then we are in big trouble.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:33 - Aug 20 with 2615 viewsfourfourtwo

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:29 - Aug 20 by EllDale

Minor point but he’s called Pete Wild. Chris Wilder is a completely different manager.

Apologies for the additional er.

Doesn’t really change anything those does it?

Congrats on your grammar points though, I’m sure your wife will be proud.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:34 - Aug 20 with 2589 viewsfourfourtwo

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:22 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

It won’t make the situation any better now though.

No it doesn’t 442.

However many fans now feel vindicated after being isolated and abused for providing valid & fair criticism.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:37 - Aug 20 with 2510 viewsD_Alien

Now that's better!

I won't speculate where your penchant for Reporting Abuse comes from

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:39 - Aug 20 with 2452 viewsSuddenLad

The players are being asked to play a system that they don't seem to understand and which they seem incapable of adhering to, either because of lack of awareness or they're simply not capable of playing. They look bemused for most of the time and can't play the short passing game. Abandon it - now.

FFS chuck the manuals in the skip, reset, play a game that fits their strengths and go again.

There are some good players out there. Let them play a style they are comfortable with, which suits their strengths.

Crawley next week is an ideal opportunity to start collecting points. Let's do it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024