Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Already Gone? 21:56 - Jan 2 with 8615 viewsLeeBrookfield

In todays interview, Jim Bentley said that a couple of players have already left.
Who do people think they are?
Loan players Slicker & Tulloch?
Maybe Malley, Brierley, Campbell or Taylor?
Players Already Gone? on 22:02 - Jan 2 with 4949 viewsBrierls

Slicker and Tulloch.
It was never confirmed when Malley’s contract ran till, but I suspect he’s gone too.
Players Already Gone? on 22:09 - Jan 2 with 4904 viewsLeeBrookfield

Players Already Gone? on 22:02 - Jan 2 by Brierls

Slicker and Tulloch.
It was never confirmed when Malley’s contract ran till, but I suspect he’s gone too.

I am hoping with Bentleys Morecambe connections we raid them while they are in financial dire straights and take Cole Stockton and Ashley Hunter off their hands. Probably wishfull thinking though?
Players Already Gone? on 22:11 - Jan 2 with 4886 viewsBrierls

Players Already Gone? on 22:09 - Jan 2 by LeeBrookfield

I am hoping with Bentleys Morecambe connections we raid them while they are in financial dire straights and take Cole Stockton and Ashley Hunter off their hands. Probably wishfull thinking though?

Probably should have finished the Christmas sherry by now.
Players Already Gone? on 22:20 - Jan 2 with 4830 viewsLeeBrookfield

Players Already Gone? on 22:11 - Jan 2 by Brierls

Probably should have finished the Christmas sherry by now.

The lack of ambition or even chancing our arm in the market has got us the squad we have now. We need to at least ask the question to some of these players in order to improve.
TBH we need a big centre back Gareth Griffiths style, a left back, a defensive midfielder with an engine, a wide player with some end product and a strong centre forward as well as Quigley. That's bare minimum for me.
Players Already Gone? on 22:42 - Jan 2 with 4717 viewsBrierls

Players Already Gone? on 22:20 - Jan 2 by LeeBrookfield

The lack of ambition or even chancing our arm in the market has got us the squad we have now. We need to at least ask the question to some of these players in order to improve.
TBH we need a big centre back Gareth Griffiths style, a left back, a defensive midfielder with an engine, a wide player with some end product and a strong centre forward as well as Quigley. That's bare minimum for me.

Have you got a million quid stuffed under the sofa?
Players Already Gone? on 22:42 - Jan 2 with 4716 viewsDaleFan7

Players Already Gone? on 22:20 - Jan 2 by LeeBrookfield

Splashing the cash this time last year is one of the reasons we are in the position we are in now. We signed 3 players for money, one is already gone, another has been injured for nearly 12 months and the other thinks he's Zidane but is a pub level player.
Players Already Gone? on 22:50 - Jan 2 with 4665 viewsLeeBrookfield

Players Already Gone? on 22:42 - Jan 2 by Brierls

Have you got a million quid stuffed under the sofa?

Not down the sofa 😉
Players Already Gone? on 22:52 - Jan 2 with 4652 viewsBrierls

Players Already Gone? on 22:50 - Jan 2 by LeeBrookfield

Not down the sofa 😉

If you’re feeling generous, go and speak to the club re funds. It would help with your bare minimum expectation.
Login to get fewer ads

Players Already Gone? on 23:00 - Jan 2 with 4625 viewsLeeBrookfield

Players Already Gone? on 22:52 - Jan 2 by Brierls

If you’re feeling generous, go and speak to the club re funds. It would help with your bare minimum expectation.

Who do you suggest we sign?
If your going to shoot down ideas, put an alternative forward?
Players Already Gone? on 23:22 - Jan 2 with 4556 viewsTVOS1907

Players Already Gone? on 23:00 - Jan 2 by LeeBrookfield

We can't do because we don't know who's available, how much they'll cost, what sort of contract they want, what sort of wages they'll require, which positions the manager is looking at in particular, and so on.

It's very easy to throw names about, but there's a lot more to it than that which we as fans aren't privvy to.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Players Already Gone? on 23:26 - Jan 2 with 4552 viewsD_Alien

Players Already Gone? on 23:22 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

We can't do because we don't know who's available, how much they'll cost, what sort of contract they want, what sort of wages they'll require, which positions the manager is looking at in particular, and so on.

It's very easy to throw names about, but there's a lot more to it than that which we as fans aren't privvy to.

"which we as fans aren't privvy to"

We don't want bog standard players, though

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Players Already Gone? on 23:32 - Jan 2 with 4526 viewsBrierls

Players Already Gone? on 23:00 - Jan 2 by LeeBrookfield

Have you read any of the statements from the club? Listened to any recent interviews with the manager, maybe?

My interpretation is we’ll be very lucky to see five signings, which is your “bare minimum”. Of course I’d like us to, we’re in desperate need of new faces, but everybody at the club seems to be managing expectations.

I don’t know who we should sign. If we’re living a fantasy world and suggesting a guy who scored 24 goals in League One last season, why set our sights so ‘low’, why not see if we can tempt City to part with Erling Haaland?
Players Already Gone? on 23:36 - Jan 2 with 4510 viewsTVOS1907

Players Already Gone? on 23:26 - Jan 2 by D_Alien

"which we as fans aren't privvy to"

We don't want bog standard players, though

Is Lou Macari available?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Players Already Gone? on 23:36 - Jan 2 with 4510 viewsnordenblue

Players Already Gone? on 23:32 - Jan 2 by Brierls

Have you read any of the statements from the club? Listened to any recent interviews with the manager, maybe?

My interpretation is we’ll be very lucky to see five signings, which is your “bare minimum”. Of course I’d like us to, we’re in desperate need of new faces, but everybody at the club seems to be managing expectations.

I don’t know who we should sign. If we’re living a fantasy world and suggesting a guy who scored 24 goals in League One last season, why set our sights so ‘low’, why not see if we can tempt City to part with Erling Haaland?

That Haaland fella is shit, why not aim for someone like Messi, come on show some ambition will you
Players Already Gone? on 23:40 - Jan 2 with 4501 viewsD_Alien

Players Already Gone? on 23:36 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

Is Lou Macari available?

He was just a flush in the pan

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Players Already Gone? on 00:02 - Jan 3 with 4450 viewsSandyman

Is he a free agent?

[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 0:05]
Players Already Gone? on 00:22 - Jan 3 with 4421 viewsDorkingDale

Players Already Gone? on 23:36 - Jan 2 by nordenblue

That Haaland fella is shit, why not aim for someone like Messi, come on show some ambition will you

Messi is a bit past it now TBH - we need to go for Mbappe in the window.
Players Already Gone? on 02:31 - Jan 3 with 4335 viewspioneer

Players Already Gone? on 23:36 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

Is Lou Macari available?

His chippy nowhere near the standard of the willbutts.
Players Already Gone? on 07:56 - Jan 3 with 4128 viewsfrenzied

Macaris work for the homeless in Stoke is very highly regarded
Players Already Gone? on 08:28 - Jan 3 with 4060 viewsIOMDale

Players Already Gone? on 07:56 - Jan 3 by frenzied

Macaris work for the homeless in Stoke is very highly regarded

But can he do it on a cold, wet Tuesday night in, er, Stoke?

UTDNFS

Players Already Gone? on 09:00 - Jan 3 with 3965 viewselectricblue

Odoh can leave for me and his replacement is Lloyd.

Stickler, Malley, Tulloch, should have gone or ready to leave.

2 midfielders and a striker unless Campbell is also ready to get game time then 3 midfielders.

Brierley could be the one injured during training a few games ago....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Players Already Gone? on 09:46 - Jan 3 with 3857 viewsrkershaw

Players Already Gone? on 09:00 - Jan 3 by electricblue

Odoh can leave for me and his replacement is Lloyd.

Stickler, Malley, Tulloch, should have gone or ready to leave.

2 midfielders and a striker unless Campbell is also ready to get game time then 3 midfielders.

Brierley could be the one injured during training a few games ago....

Tav was sat with the subs observing yesterday's game ......which would suggest that he is still in the manager's thoughts?? Think we need to use him predominantly as a wide forward on his return....a position that he played at Woking before being moved to centre forward (where he, admittedly, found his shooting boots)??
Players Already Gone? on 09:59 - Jan 3 with 3813 viewsTalkingSutty

Players Already Gone? on 09:46 - Jan 3 by rkershaw

Tav was sat with the subs observing yesterday's game ......which would suggest that he is still in the manager's thoughts?? Think we need to use him predominantly as a wide forward on his return....a position that he played at Woking before being moved to centre forward (where he, admittedly, found his shooting boots)??

Can i just ask and i'm not being facetious, if Tav excelled playing as a centre forward and started scoring goals why would you decide to play him as a wide forward? I'm genuinely interestrd to know bearing in mind we are one of the lowest scoring teams in the EFL.
Players Already Gone? on 10:29 - Jan 3 with 3701 viewsNorthernDale

It would be nice to get an update on his return date.

I can see Slicker and Tulloch being the two who have already gone, with possibly Nelson and Malley also going. I think he will Seriki and his favourite, Quigley. So that will allow us to sign around three players, possibly a right back and two midfield players, we may need a striker, but on paper we have at present Rodney, Henderson, Quigley, Sinclair and Campbell.

Taylor looked to have potential, but I cannot understand what as gone wrong with him. Apparently posters on the Barrow game post, have referred to the lack of ability or effort from the Dale players at Barrow and this raises questions about Rodney (who seems uninterested, this may be due to be used on the wing), I think John as been poor in most games since joining in the summer and Odoh has pace, but as we recognise the end product is lacking, so do we look to offload these three players.

I would keep Ball as a squad player. However only Bentley knows who he wants out and crucially who he can get rid off.
Players Already Gone? on 10:37 - Jan 3 with 3657 viewsTomRAFC

Players Already Gone? on 09:59 - Jan 3 by TalkingSutty

Can i just ask and i'm not being facetious, if Tav excelled playing as a centre forward and started scoring goals why would you decide to play him as a wide forward? I'm genuinely interestrd to know bearing in mind we are one of the lowest scoring teams in the EFL.

Tav wasn't a lone striker at Woking, more a wide player who was pushed further up the pitch and cut in more. Under Stockdale, he was playing a very isolated role. He could be the type of player we need, although match fitness/sharpness could take time. Fans might have to be more patient than they'd like

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024