Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 11:33 - Jun 2 with 26418 viewssomdale

I stand to be corrected, but i read that season tickets work out at £8.50 a game, if this is true I find it way under priced, I mean surely a minimum would be £10 a game, seems to me we have one of the lowest priced season tickets and one of the smallest fan bases, and I wonder how the club is to fight it's way back into the league with such a limited amount of income.
Is there anybody on here that thinks £10 a game would be too much?
Season ticket prices on 13:20 - Jun 6 with 2429 viewsA_Newby

I am one of the people on this forum who has thought for a while that the club needed to increase the overall revenue from season cards, match attendance and match day income in general.

In looking at both NL and EFL clubs, our season card pricing structure is “out of sync.” I think we charge in the “right region” for adult and seniors’ entry however the price for under 21s tends to be significantly lower than other clubs.

To rectify this, I would have liked to have seen a fixed season card price increase (not a percentage) of £10-£20 for all adults, seniors, and young persons’ season cards (not juniors and pro-rata for exiles).

However, I do think the “walk up” price of tickets is the thing that needs to be varied if we are to attract new fans.

I don’t have any evidence for this apart from personal experience, but I do not think NEW fans are attracted by low-cost season cards but by an opportunity to sample the Dale experience in a relatively cheap way.

This seems to be true of many leisure activities, like gyms and the cinema, people tend to visit a few times before deciding to buy a year long pass.

I would like the “walk up” price massively reduced for say 4 matches in the season, with these matches well-advertised a couple of weeks before the fixture. I know that the club would lose a little revenue from the fans who would have turned up anyway and purchased a full price ticket but hopefully it could be offset by a few extra new fans attending.
Season ticket prices on 13:53 - Jun 6 with 2327 viewsSuddenLad

Season ticket prices on 08:15 - Jun 6 by TalkingSutty

It's very easy to say the Trust should be doing this or doing that. It's convenient sometimes and it isn't fair.I've been guilty of it myself down the years. It's the Chairman who should be showing leadership and expertise, It's the Chairman who should be ensuring everybody in the boardroom are pulling their weight and setting a example for everybody else to follow. Does he do that?

It's the Chairman who should be actively embracing all offers of help from all quarters and thoroughly investigating every opportunity for the benefit of the club and the shareholders he is representing, not for the benefit of him and his Directors or any other individuals outside the boardroom who think they should be involved in the decision making processes. What did he think of his meeting with Chris Dunphyand the ideas he and his consortium put forward, did he discuss him perhaps helping in the boardroom, all valuable experience. I'm assuming he had the manners to to at least meet him. Did he even do that?

Is the Chairman showing real leadership qualities and is he galvanising the Trust and the fanbase?

Is the Chairman even fit for purpose to be running the club and if so what qualities does he display apart from the money that he's used to buy shares? The main quality i see is that he's very good when it comes to talking at people, rather than talking to them. The key to good communication is having the ability to listen to what's being said by others even if you don't like tge message, does he struggle with that?

What criteria was used when it came to him being appointed Chairman, does he have experience of running a multi million pound business/ budget...as he ever been involved in running or owning a business?

It's about time all the shareholders were also updated on the progress regarding these numerous investors who the club were in talks with at the time that Dunphy expressed his interest last month. I'm assuming at least one of those has progressed? How many 'live' bids aee currently on going? As shareholders this is information that should be available without revealing any names and they are all questions that are relevant in relation to how the club is being run. How do those in the Boardroom, specifically the Chairman, expect fans or the Trust to purchase further shares when he is so reluctant to talk to us about OUR football club?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 9:34]

I'm willing to bet that there are NO live bids going on. Not one. That's not to say we haven't had genuine interest from prospective buyers, but I think there are too many unattractive elements for a deal to take place.

Of course, the Trust have a role to play and they have recently been very pro-active in taking ideas and excellent suggestions to the club, via the supporters.

That said, the role of the Chairman in this period of uncertainty is vital, but the silence is disappointingly deafening. He should be full front and centre, updating supporters/shareholders on exactly what the situation is, any new developments in the pipeline, outlining plans for the forthcoming season, (do we have any ?), the long term aims of the club and he should be whipping up some interest and enthusiasm to existing and potential supporters, sponsors and the Rochdale public at large, to garner valuable support and income.

If he lacks the enthusiasm or the stomach for the job, then he may wish to have a serious think about whether he's the best person for the job. He has already written his name in the annals of the club, with much appreciation for the part he played. He's done a sterling job in fending off the Rottweilers, but that was just the first chapter. We now need to get our collective noses to the grindstone and take this club forward and we cannot rest on our laurels thinking the job is done.

The National League is a whole new adventure and a new experience for us all. We need to be ready for the difficult challenge, ON and OFF the field.

Supporters need to have confidence in the club and those who lead it.

Come on Mr. Gauge. Lead from the front and enlighten us all as to what's going on.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season ticket prices on 14:23 - Jun 6 with 2283 viewsDalenet

Season ticket prices on 11:26 - Jun 6 by HullDale

This is a key question for me, as is whether the 300 additional season tickets being given to the 74 schools in the borough are being included in the daily total.

300/6 days of 'early bird' is an extra 50 a day, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're being included in the running total to try and create a bit of a buzz and a sense of urgency.

If not, 200 actual sales on day one is decent... probably helped by the shorter than normal renewal period in seated areas (& the need for people in 1/4 of the family stand to find somewhere else to sit).

We sold over 2000 last season. Because of the reserved seat approach, all but those in the Sandy need to be renewed in a 5 day window. That is a lot more than 200 per day. So the first day figure was shockingly poor and I hope to god that we can recover this week. If lots of people decide not to renew we have a problem. Given we've decided to charge up to £24 for day to day sales (one of the highest in the National League) we can't expect crowds of more than 2,000 per game. We have to arrest the downhill spiral.

Owdum had a massive boost to their sales once relegated, driven in the main by the change in ownership. But we needed to lift the doom and gloom associated with losing our EFL status and rally people to get behind the club and buy season cards. A reset from recent years and encourage an upswell in support. I fear the worst here.
Season ticket prices on 14:40 - Jun 6 with 2253 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 13:53 - Jun 6 by SuddenLad

I'm willing to bet that there are NO live bids going on. Not one. That's not to say we haven't had genuine interest from prospective buyers, but I think there are too many unattractive elements for a deal to take place.

Of course, the Trust have a role to play and they have recently been very pro-active in taking ideas and excellent suggestions to the club, via the supporters.

That said, the role of the Chairman in this period of uncertainty is vital, but the silence is disappointingly deafening. He should be full front and centre, updating supporters/shareholders on exactly what the situation is, any new developments in the pipeline, outlining plans for the forthcoming season, (do we have any ?), the long term aims of the club and he should be whipping up some interest and enthusiasm to existing and potential supporters, sponsors and the Rochdale public at large, to garner valuable support and income.

If he lacks the enthusiasm or the stomach for the job, then he may wish to have a serious think about whether he's the best person for the job. He has already written his name in the annals of the club, with much appreciation for the part he played. He's done a sterling job in fending off the Rottweilers, but that was just the first chapter. We now need to get our collective noses to the grindstone and take this club forward and we cannot rest on our laurels thinking the job is done.

The National League is a whole new adventure and a new experience for us all. We need to be ready for the difficult challenge, ON and OFF the field.

Supporters need to have confidence in the club and those who lead it.

Come on Mr. Gauge. Lead from the front and enlighten us all as to what's going on.

You said it better than me👍
Season ticket prices on 14:41 - Jun 6 with 2250 viewsHullDale

Season ticket prices on 14:23 - Jun 6 by Dalenet

We sold over 2000 last season. Because of the reserved seat approach, all but those in the Sandy need to be renewed in a 5 day window. That is a lot more than 200 per day. So the first day figure was shockingly poor and I hope to god that we can recover this week. If lots of people decide not to renew we have a problem. Given we've decided to charge up to £24 for day to day sales (one of the highest in the National League) we can't expect crowds of more than 2,000 per game. We have to arrest the downhill spiral.

Owdum had a massive boost to their sales once relegated, driven in the main by the change in ownership. But we needed to lift the doom and gloom associated with losing our EFL status and rally people to get behind the club and buy season cards. A reset from recent years and encourage an upswell in support. I fear the worst here.

Last year had a 2 week 'existing' window: https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/128/advertorials/145894/rochdale-

As long as we track at exactly double the daily total as last year between now and Saturday, we should be on for the same no. of ST holders as 22/23 (but I stress again, this total can't include any new freebies being given out).

I worry (maybe unnecessarily) that we will see adults choose not to renew (if only 200 don't that is a c.£50K hit) and either not be replaced, or be replaced by kids tickets at £25 a pop.

The whole strategy and campaign is clearly aimed at existing ST holders, with no emphasis yet on getting new people to buy in. I also agree with the posts on this thread saying we won't get loads of people going from nothing, or a few matches a season, to a season ticket... so what is the plan to drive attendances up? We were promised sight of it a couple of weeks ago 'over the coming weeks' so I look forward to that.
Season ticket prices on 15:41 - Jun 6 with 2158 views49thseason

If I am honest, this doesn't look anything like a "campaign". There is little apparent integration of advertising, PR, and reference to prices or incentives. The whole thing seems to be predicated on reminding potential ST buyers of those few and far- between moments of success in the dim and distant past.
A half page interview with the Manager and no mention of tickets, nothing from the Chairman ( probs on his holidays!) Just yet more preaching to the usual suspects.
The price of POTD is an insult, where is the "try before you buy" offer? Or is this pricing designed to represent the minimum price for visiting fans. If so, why not plaster the town with £10 off vouchers for the first 2 or 3 games?
We have to find new supporters, its as simple as that. Yes we should offer freebies to schools but why so few? For some kids, the season will be over before they get a turn to come to watch. If they are paying people to come up with this guff, its time they stopped.
I repeat my oft said mantra... "there are 7000 empty seats / spaces x 23 games" , thats £320k at £2 each or £800k at a fiver per game..
Season ticket prices on 16:10 - Jun 6 with 2104 viewsJames1980

Is the POTD really that bad though? With the discount card it is only £19 in the mainstand. Perhaps the card could cover up to 4 persons for the discount.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season ticket prices on 16:42 - Jun 6 with 2038 viewselectricblue

Season ticket prices on 16:10 - Jun 6 by James1980

Is the POTD really that bad though? With the discount card it is only £19 in the mainstand. Perhaps the card could cover up to 4 persons for the discount.

Just open a POTD turnstyle at each of the home stands....
Sandy land £15.
Family stand £17.
Main stand £20.

What can be more simplified than that...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 16:55 - Jun 6 with 2019 viewswatford_dale

Season ticket prices on 16:10 - Jun 6 by James1980

If you want new fans the yes it is. They are not going to shell out for a card and then view £19 as good value for money especially as we have just exited the league.

Have the £10 game and make sure at least one is a decent fixture and hope to catch them from then but the £10 will be a loss leader in the hope of attracting new support. I would have 3 of these a season, spread over the season and create a season ticket offer each time there is a £10 game in the hope of getting a few more to think its a good idea. - 40 game ticket, 30 game ticket and 20 game ticket.

I think the Dale fans are probably the most price sensitive fans there are due to the local economic conditions, cost of living, energy and having a higher than proportion of the town on benefit.
Season ticket prices on 17:06 - Jun 6 with 1995 viewsJames1980

Season ticket prices on 16:42 - Jun 6 by electricblue

Just open a POTD turnstyle at each of the home stands....
Sandy land £15.
Family stand £17.
Main stand £20.

What can be more simplified than that...

But then there is no incentive to purchase on a match by match basis in advance, or to purchase the rewards/your card.

Season ticket prices on 17:34 - Jun 6 with 1936 viewsJames1980

Season ticket prices on 16:55 - Jun 6 by watford_dale

If you want new fans the yes it is. They are not going to shell out for a card and then view £19 as good value for money especially as we have just exited the league.

Have the £10 game and make sure at least one is a decent fixture and hope to catch them from then but the £10 will be a loss leader in the hope of attracting new support. I would have 3 of these a season, spread over the season and create a season ticket offer each time there is a £10 game in the hope of getting a few more to think its a good idea. - 40 game ticket, 30 game ticket and 20 game ticket.

I think the Dale fans are probably the most price sensitive fans there are due to the local economic conditions, cost of living, energy and having a higher than proportion of the town on benefit.

It seems that those who are expected to be the most economically active i.e the 22-64 age bracket are subsidising the other age groups. The pricing for the other age categories really isn't that bad imo.

Season ticket prices on 18:31 - Jun 6 with 1838 viewsRAFC_1990

Anyone else had difficulty buying online?

I have put my barcode in and it took me to a map of the stadium in order to pick a seat, my seat was greyed out. What is the crack here? Surely I just put my code in and it selects my seat and takes my money?

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Season ticket prices on 19:48 - Jun 6 with 1739 views49thseason

If the average cost per game of a season ticket is about £8.50, how can a POTD be nearly 3 times that? Its too late now but there needs to be a proper dicussion about how much it should cost. Personally I think the OAP reductions are probably past their sell by date. Equally charging more for sitting is also a false assuption, many people like me actually prefer to stand rather than sit in a rather uncomfortable seat.
My solution would be to have a single price plus a small extra charge for sitting in a particular seat. Perhaps with a supply of more comfortable seats that might cost a little more too. A flat rate of £10 a game for adult STs would seem to be reasonable with an extra £1 per game for a reserved seat and £2 for a seat with more legroom.
POTD could then be £12 or even £15 a game with an expectation that it would attract more people than £24.
The whole issue has become overcomplicated, particularly for occasional visitors. Its time to scrap the whole current thinking and produce a simple cost structure that offers a reasonable opportunity for casual supporters to see a game and decent value for money for regulars.
There isnt much point in trying to be a friendly, welcoming venue if people cant afford to try it out.
Season ticket prices on 19:49 - Jun 6 with 1736 viewsdalemark

I've seen on social media a push on kids tickets for £25, and reading the articles on .co.uk it appears you can buy 6x £25 kids tickets for every 1x adult ticket.

I'd really hope the commercial team, and any other members of staff at the club with any spare time, have been ringing around all local kids sports teams / scout & guide groups / community centres etc and pitching them as an additional activity.. ie:

Scout Group A has 2 leaders. They buy a ticket at £175/240 each. That then allows 12 kids to attend 23 football matches over the season for just £25. Potentially 14 people on the attendance each week, c.£700 in the coffers, plus all of the match day spend associated. Gives the kids something to do at weekend, helps team building / camaraderie within the group / potentially drags some POTD parents along. Loads of options there.

How many kids teams / groups in the borough? 100+?

Add that to the (decent) seats for schools initiative, and it becomes consistent messaging during the school week and leisure time for loads of kids in the borough.
Season ticket prices on 19:56 - Jun 6 with 1708 viewsdalemark

I've also seen on twitter a box holder querying his box for next season.

The person claims not to have had contact from the club, gets told to email in and then points out he already has & had no response.

Its such a poor experience, and continues to show we don't make it easy to spend money.

Customer: "Hi I'm a customer and would potentially like to spend at least several hundred pounds with you, but haven't had the expected email"

Club: "OK - having contacted us on social media, YOU now need to contact US via email for us to help you"

Customer: "I already have, to no reply"

I'm not blaming the media team here by the way... as soon as that query came in it should've been passed to the commercial department for them to ring / email / contact the customer. The reply should've been "I've passed your query on to the commercial team & they will get in touch with you."

For all the criticism the board are getting, I stand by points I have made previously - they have to be able to trust the department heads within the organisation to be doing their jobs as effectively as possible. Building a squad / team / backroom staff whilst firefighting finances and looking for investment is a lot of work - the BoD shouldn't need to be as in the detail of departments as this. But if the departments are not working, then unfortunately its for the BoD to hold them to account & help them be better. The above example has echoes of "I don't know who you are sorry."
Season ticket prices on 20:05 - Jun 6 with 1683 viewskel

Season ticket prices on 19:49 - Jun 6 by dalemark

I've seen on social media a push on kids tickets for £25, and reading the articles on .co.uk it appears you can buy 6x £25 kids tickets for every 1x adult ticket.

I'd really hope the commercial team, and any other members of staff at the club with any spare time, have been ringing around all local kids sports teams / scout & guide groups / community centres etc and pitching them as an additional activity.. ie:

Scout Group A has 2 leaders. They buy a ticket at £175/240 each. That then allows 12 kids to attend 23 football matches over the season for just £25. Potentially 14 people on the attendance each week, c.£700 in the coffers, plus all of the match day spend associated. Gives the kids something to do at weekend, helps team building / camaraderie within the group / potentially drags some POTD parents along. Loads of options there.

Add that to the (decent) seats for schools initiative, and it becomes consistent messaging during the school week and leisure time for loads of kids in the borough.

Going off one experience I had visiting the club recently, there is plenty of spare time for people to be doing stuff outside of their usual roles if the only thing they can do with said spare time is attempt to balance a water bottle on their chin whilst leaning back in their seat thinking nobody would notice!
Season ticket prices on 20:31 - Jun 6 with 1628 viewselectricblue

Season ticket prices on 20:05 - Jun 6 by kel

Going off one experience I had visiting the club recently, there is plenty of spare time for people to be doing stuff outside of their usual roles if the only thing they can do with said spare time is attempt to balance a water bottle on their chin whilst leaning back in their seat thinking nobody would notice!

To cushy in their job description........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Season ticket prices on 20:48 - Jun 6 with 1588 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 20:31 - Jun 6 by electricblue

"Employees will be required to perform a balancing act that may be visible to members of the public" ?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 20:49 - Jun 6 with 1592 viewsHullDale

Season ticket prices on 20:31 - Jun 6 by electricblue

In fairness to the club, the recent job descriptions (so I presume all employees have the same in theirs) have this within:

"From time to time, the successful applicant may be asked to assist with activity essential to club operations that is not outlined in the above day to day duties. The successful applicant must carry out his/her duties with due regard for Rochdale Association Football Club Limited policies and procedures, and act in the best interest of Rochdale Association Football Club Limited at all times.

So its there in black and white - & I believe most of the BoD have day jobs so can't be there all day every day to make sure everybody is pulling their weight. Its probably up to the COO, & middle management, to ensure everybody stays busy.

You could even have some positive PR - get McNulty to make a couple of calls to local kids football teams with the offer... a photo / video opportunity to start placing the club at the heart of the community again.
Season ticket prices on 21:08 - Jun 6 with 1559 views49thseason

450 tickets sold at the end of Day 2
Season ticket prices on 21:54 - Jun 6 with 1514 viewsDalenet

Season ticket prices on 18:31 - Jun 6 by RAFC_1990

Anyone else had difficulty buying online?

I have put my barcode in and it took me to a map of the stadium in order to pick a seat, my seat was greyed out. What is the crack here? Surely I just put my code in and it selects my seat and takes my money?

Your seat is greyed out because it is reserved for you. If you go to 'checkout' you then buy it.

If you are one of the fans due a discount that was offered over 3 seasons because you didn't get a refund during covid, you can't buy online and need to ring the office.
Season ticket prices on 06:30 - Jun 7 with 1356 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 19:49 - Jun 6 by dalemark

As somebody pointed out further up this thread, why have the club only given out 300 free tickets to schools..four for each primary school? It's not joined up thinking when four fifths of the ground will probably be empty most home games. The more people we get into the ground the more the revenue streams will increase on matchday and the greater the interest. Start by sectioning off 2000 seats in the away stand and aim to fill that with no pay on the day supporters...similar to a food bank but for football instead. Walk up on the day and go through the turnstiles, when it's full it's full. I'm sure we could get enough fans to help out on the day and even help with the catering..hot dogs, pies, crisps, pop etc. Get the squad players to mingle with the crowd during the game and give out some goody bags. It might need tweeking when we play the likes of Oldham.

As I said before, it needs leadership and gumption from the club and it needs promoting heavily around the Town and in the media well in advance. You don't have any faith in those running the club that they would do that properly though, it's like the 300 schoolkids, it comes across as a token gesture. It needs to run for every home game this season and then the season after change it to 'pay what you can afford'. What is there to lose by doing this, or even giving away 7000 free tickets for every home game, if nothing else it will increase the atmosphere.
Season ticket prices on 07:07 - Jun 7 with 1330 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 19:56 - Jun 6 by dalemark

I've also seen on twitter a box holder querying his box for next season.

The person claims not to have had contact from the club, gets told to email in and then points out he already has & had no response.

Its such a poor experience, and continues to show we don't make it easy to spend money.

Customer: "Hi I'm a customer and would potentially like to spend at least several hundred pounds with you, but haven't had the expected email"

Club: "OK - having contacted us on social media, YOU now need to contact US via email for us to help you"

Customer: "I already have, to no reply"

I'm not blaming the media team here by the way... as soon as that query came in it should've been passed to the commercial department for them to ring / email / contact the customer. The reply should've been "I've passed your query on to the commercial team & they will get in touch with you."

For all the criticism the board are getting, I stand by points I have made previously - they have to be able to trust the department heads within the organisation to be doing their jobs as effectively as possible. Building a squad / team / backroom staff whilst firefighting finances and looking for investment is a lot of work - the BoD shouldn't need to be as in the detail of departments as this. But if the departments are not working, then unfortunately its for the BoD to hold them to account & help them be better. The above example has echoes of "I don't know who you are sorry."

Why do some shareholders receive emails and others don't? That's been a ongoing issue. Regarding the day to day running of the club who is the person in charge? If it's the Chairman, i don't think he's qualified to oversee the commercial department or any other function relating to the footballing side of things. I remember last year hearing about a fella called George Delves but he must have left the club because i never hear his name mentioned anywhere. I think he was the club secretary/ CEO who is normally the person in charge of the day to day running of the club, he would have also been one of the people pushing season ticket sales etc.

It's a shame because a good CEO like Colin Garlick is worth their weight in gold and generate a lot more money that they cost. They drive the club forward, he's not working at the moment and won a award for the best performing CEO in L1..he loves this club and would get hold of it by the scruff of the neck. He would want to be in charge of things though so i don't think that would work with the current Chairman. Look what we've currently got instead, a rapidly sinking ship with a captain who'se only plan is to hope that a wealthy individual turns up and throws him a life jacket. That's it..that's the Chairman's plan for the club. In the meantime the ship is going down quicker than a cheap whore (oar..sticking to the nautical theme).

Does anybody know how this consultancy company is doing, has anybody met any of the individuals?

The Chairman stated he would publish their findings, have any shareholders received any information?

Have the Trust been updated regarding their findings? Or is it just a closed shop and nobody else's business?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2023 8:45]
Season ticket prices on 08:30 - Jun 7 with 1248 viewsDalenet

Season ticket prices on 07:07 - Jun 7 by TalkingSutty

Why do some shareholders receive emails and others don't? That's been a ongoing issue. Regarding the day to day running of the club who is the person in charge? If it's the Chairman, i don't think he's qualified to oversee the commercial department or any other function relating to the footballing side of things. I remember last year hearing about a fella called George Delves but he must have left the club because i never hear his name mentioned anywhere. I think he was the club secretary/ CEO who is normally the person in charge of the day to day running of the club, he would have also been one of the people pushing season ticket sales etc.

It's a shame because a good CEO like Colin Garlick is worth their weight in gold and generate a lot more money that they cost. They drive the club forward, he's not working at the moment and won a award for the best performing CEO in L1..he loves this club and would get hold of it by the scruff of the neck. He would want to be in charge of things though so i don't think that would work with the current Chairman. Look what we've currently got instead, a rapidly sinking ship with a captain who'se only plan is to hope that a wealthy individual turns up and throws him a life jacket. That's it..that's the Chairman's plan for the club. In the meantime the ship is going down quicker than a cheap whore (oar..sticking to the nautical theme).

Does anybody know how this consultancy company is doing, has anybody met any of the individuals?

The Chairman stated he would publish their findings, have any shareholders received any information?

Have the Trust been updated regarding their findings? Or is it just a closed shop and nobody else's business?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2023 8:45]

TS I understand many of your challenges and I have no doubt that your concerns are genuine. The best way to find out would be to get active with the Trust. Have you offered to join their Board to help you get a better understanding of what might be going on in the club?

George Delves was brought in to assit Bottomley to run the club. He has football club management experience at Chester. When the current Board took over and dismissed Bottomley they were clear that George would remain as COO and not be appointed CEO. Whether that was due to skills and knowledge, or whether it was a cost challenge idea, or simply the Board wanting to avoid the challenge that one man was left to run the club, I don't know. But none of us know as yet how the club has been shape shifting to manage in non league and I am sure that George Delves is having to manage quite a lot of change.

As for whether a CEO can front the club in the way Bottomley did I am not sure. If George Delves isn't confident in the media or has any marketing experience we shouldn't expect him to front up - although I share your thinking that he should be more visible. But we did appoint a Board Director last year with marketing and commercial experience who was brought in to help in that area. She isn't visible either and there has been little difference in output.
Season ticket prices on 08:50 - Jun 7 with 1216 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 08:30 - Jun 7 by Dalenet

TS I understand many of your challenges and I have no doubt that your concerns are genuine. The best way to find out would be to get active with the Trust. Have you offered to join their Board to help you get a better understanding of what might be going on in the club?

George Delves was brought in to assit Bottomley to run the club. He has football club management experience at Chester. When the current Board took over and dismissed Bottomley they were clear that George would remain as COO and not be appointed CEO. Whether that was due to skills and knowledge, or whether it was a cost challenge idea, or simply the Board wanting to avoid the challenge that one man was left to run the club, I don't know. But none of us know as yet how the club has been shape shifting to manage in non league and I am sure that George Delves is having to manage quite a lot of change.

As for whether a CEO can front the club in the way Bottomley did I am not sure. If George Delves isn't confident in the media or has any marketing experience we shouldn't expect him to front up - although I share your thinking that he should be more visible. But we did appoint a Board Director last year with marketing and commercial experience who was brought in to help in that area. She isn't visible either and there has been little difference in output.

Yes I have offered to join the Trust Board and intend to get involved in the upcoming meetings whenever possible, i also expect the Chairman himself and the Directors to turn up, otherwise what's the point? That's the whole point of the meetings, to build bridges and progress plans. I would also question as to whether joining the Trust Board would give me a better understanding of what's happening at the club. Are they fully updated and made to feel inclusive or constantly having to try to extract information rather than the other way around? We have a fan in the boardroom who updates and answers questions but surely that shouldn't be the only source of information? Maybe the Chairman uses that areangement as a convenient excuse to keep quiet? It seems to me as though the Chairman thinks the club belongs to him and he can do what he wants with it, we have over 500 shareholders who will tell him differently.

This is about the only decent platform we have to voice our concerns so that's what I do. I've spoken to the Chairman and also contacted him personally with ideas via social media.There's nothing else I can do. I'm not somebody who will shy away from asking difficult questions or approaching people in person to speak, I'm not just sounding off on social media and doing nothing. The only other option is to just sit back and keep quiet because you don't want to upset anybody or burn bridges. I'm very concerned about the club and the direction it is going and have no faith in those running it, so I'm speaking up. I realise some people don't like it but I think it's better to speak up now rather than regret not saying something when it's too late. I buy season tickets and I bought some shares in the club, if the Chairman won't come to us then we should go to him and he is answerable to us the shareholders, contrary to popular belief.

I'm assuming you are OK with the Chairman if not what are you doing to highlight your concerns? I apologise if my posts are winding some people up, that's honestly not my intentions and I realise we are all different. I'll leave it alone now
[Post edited 7 Jun 2023 10:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024