Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 11:33 - Jun 2 with 25758 viewssomdale

I stand to be corrected, but i read that season tickets work out at £8.50 a game, if this is true I find it way under priced, I mean surely a minimum would be £10 a game, seems to me we have one of the lowest priced season tickets and one of the smallest fan bases, and I wonder how the club is to fight it's way back into the league with such a limited amount of income.
Is there anybody on here that thinks £10 a game would be too much?
Season ticket prices on 11:44 - Jun 2 with 9973 viewsDaleiLama

Adult prices (without concession) are £175, £245 and £310. 23 games. That makes £7.61, £10.65 and £13.48 depending on if you choose to stand or sit and which stand you choose to sit in.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/tickets/202324-season-cards/

They go on sale Monday and the exclusivity for last year's holders to retain their seats, lifts at 2pm a week tomorrow I believe.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 11:46]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season ticket prices on 12:56 - Jun 2 with 9859 viewsSuddenLad

Excellent value, from wherever you chose to watch the game.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season ticket prices on 16:06 - Jun 2 with 9713 viewsBigKindo

Season ticket prices on 12:56 - Jun 2 by SuddenLad

Excellent value, from wherever you chose to watch the game.

SuddenLad,
As a comparison I booked tickets for Twickenham last Saturday, for the Gallagher Cup Final, before it was confirmed that local Club Sale would be in the Final. Three adults and 2 under 12's cost me, with booking fees, £ 280.00 to sit in the lower tier between a corner flag and post.
Premier seats in the lower tier between to 10m line and the try line would have cost me £ 610 as there no concessions for under 12's. In August the prices for the pre World Cup Finals match against Wales are even more expensive.
And we have moaners on here etc etc ..............
Season ticket prices on 16:20 - Jun 2 with 9694 viewswatford_dale

Season ticket prices on 16:06 - Jun 2 by BigKindo

SuddenLad,
As a comparison I booked tickets for Twickenham last Saturday, for the Gallagher Cup Final, before it was confirmed that local Club Sale would be in the Final. Three adults and 2 under 12's cost me, with booking fees, £ 280.00 to sit in the lower tier between a corner flag and post.
Premier seats in the lower tier between to 10m line and the try line would have cost me £ 610 as there no concessions for under 12's. In August the prices for the pre World Cup Finals match against Wales are even more expensive.

RFU are trying to repair their finances, thus charging extortionate amounts, whilst hoping there is still a premiership next year. Unlikely that London Irish situation will be resolved in time to prevent expulsion from league.
Season ticket prices on 16:34 - Jun 2 with 9662 viewselectricblue

Season ticket prices on 11:44 - Jun 2 by DaleiLama

Adult prices (without concession) are £175, £245 and £310. 23 games. That makes £7.61, £10.65 and £13.48 depending on if you choose to stand or sit and which stand you choose to sit in.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/tickets/202324-season-cards/

They go on sale Monday and the exclusivity for last year's holders to retain their seats, lifts at 2pm a week tomorrow I believe.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 11:46]

Anybody think that over the seasons and with a fickle set of fans that the prices should have been increased a long time ago.
Today the prices should work out at £10, £12, £15....
Not much in the way of an increase but surely the increase justifies the position that the club are in....
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 17:05]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Season ticket prices on 16:53 - Jun 2 with 9625 viewsSuddenLad

SuddenLad,

Daylight robbery. No excuse for that kind of extortionate pricing.

Season ticket prices on 17:27 - Jun 2 with 9579 viewsBigKindo

Season ticket prices on 16:20 - Jun 2 by watford_dale

RFU are trying to repair their finances, thus charging extortionate amounts, whilst hoping there is still a premiership next year. Unlikely that London Irish situation will be resolved in time to prevent expulsion from league.

Irish have until Tuesday to complete a takeover by USA parties. Not looking good
Season ticket prices on 17:31 - Jun 2 with 9564 viewsDalenet

SuddenLad,

Not sure we have many people moaning about the SC prices BK. Its the £24 pay on the day price for non league football that is questionable. Will be interesting to see whether we can sell 2000 season tickets next week......
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 22:03 - Jun 2 with 9368 viewsnordenblue

Season ticket prices on 17:31 - Jun 2 by Dalenet

Not sure we have many people moaning about the SC prices BK. Its the £24 pay on the day price for non league football that is questionable. Will be interesting to see whether we can sell 2000 season tickets next week......

£24 on the day to watch non league football is an absolute rip off, I personally can't commit to every home game so a season ticket is out the question, so will be picking and choosing again, it seems it will be a pretty easy choice.
Season ticket prices on 22:12 - Jun 2 with 9356 viewsJames1980

Season ticket prices on 22:03 - Jun 2 by nordenblue

£24 on the day to watch non league football is an absolute rip off, I personally can't commit to every home game so a season ticket is out the question, so will be picking and choosing again, it seems it will be a pretty easy choice.

How do our prices compare to the rest of NL?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season ticket prices on 23:02 - Jun 2 with 9298 viewsnordenblue

Season ticket prices on 22:12 - Jun 2 by James1980

Take a look, I'd be more interested with comparisons to the many localish teams higher up the leagues and the standard of football also available to the local kids setting out on their path of supporting a team.

For the level/standard of football that's on show its obscene.
Season ticket prices on 23:24 - Jun 2 with 9281 viewspioneer

Season ticket prices on 16:53 - Jun 2 by SuddenLad

Daylight robbery. No excuse for that kind of extortionate pricing.

Course there is …people are willing to pay it….unlike 24 quid for non- league footy.

It seems like we are focussing our pricing strategy entirely on retaining season ticket holders. But the reason we dont have more season ticket holders is unlikely to be the price, they are a great deal. There are other folks who are unable or unwilling to commit to a 24 game package. They want to choose their games based on what else they have got going on in their lives, the weather, the opposition, etc. We need to be incentivizing the walk up supporters as well. How many people bought their first season ticket before ever going to a game? So why are we in a sense ignoring this potential market?
Season ticket prices on 06:19 - Jun 3 with 9171 viewsTrev

Season ticket prices on 22:12 - Jun 2 by James1980

It's a bit of a loaded question, James, and I suspect you already have an idea of the answer.

After 6 seasons of absolutely awful football and relegation battles, with one of the worst home records in the EFL in that time, it doesn't seem a sensible policy. The semi-regular and casual fan will 100% be put off by the pricing for non-league football.
Season ticket prices on 06:25 - Jun 3 with 9168 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 23:02 - Jun 2 by nordenblue

Take a look, I'd be more interested with comparisons to the many localish teams higher up the leagues and the standard of football also available to the local kids setting out on their path of supporting a team.

For the level/standard of football that's on show its obscene.

Just because our season tickets are cheap doesn't make them good value for money.You can buy cheap baked beans but they're not nice. I would say for probably the last four or five years the ST have been terrible value for money, probably the worst in the EFL. In general the football has been atrocious to watch with very little entertainment on offer. Managers haven't been working with the lowest budget in the league neither, as a result of the low season ticket prices. It's been down to bad decisions in the boardroom and managers who seem to forget that we are in the business of winning
football matches, that prioritises everything else.

We are attending games out of blind loyalty and invariably leaving them in a very bad mood, questioning our sanity. This has been going on for too many seasons now and the chances are it's going to continue because we already know the patterns of play we will have to endure next season, let's hope we are paying to watch proper mens football and not a experiment to just fast track kids from the academy, prioritising unearthing a gem over winning football matches and entertaining the paying customers. The Sandy Lane ticket is very underpriced but the seating areas are comparable to some clubs but still not good value for money because of the product on the pitch and the general matchday experience.

There are plenty of better options on the doorstep if you are looking for good value for money, a early bird adult seating ticket at Burnley for a first time buyer was £335 (£17.60p/game), that's to watch Premiership football and you can pay over 12 months by direct debit. An adult Season ticket at Man City is just over £400 to watch one of the top club teams in the world. An adult season ticket at Bolton in the early bird period was £299. There are a lot of other examples. Some people are confusing cheap with good value which isn't right, the football's been garbage for years now and the £24 pay on the day price acts as a deterent to anybody who has the audacity to just turn up on the day unannounced. Try something like £12 for an adult to stand on the day and £15 for a seat, free entry for kids with an adult and advertise it all season around the Town.

The first home game of the season is during the school holidays, when the fixtures are announced why not utilise the away stand (unless Oldham or Halifax) and announce free entry for all adults accompanied by children under 16yrs. Try to fill most of that stand, it will probably be empty otherwise. No tickets involved, first come first served and when it's full it's full. Advertise it weeks in advance though and not just on the website, approach the major supermarkets and advertise the free offer at every checkout for customers to read, thousands will see the offer everyday of the week while queueing to pay. The Trust and volunteer fans could even organise this and even help with stewarding it and catering etc. Hand out flyers at the turnstile regarding season ticket prices and advertise the club shop/ new shirts. We could even designate it as a family fun day and put on some entertainment around the ground. The first game of the season on a nice sunny day in August would be ideal. It takes gumption from those running the club though and a positive attitude to think out of the box. There will probably be nearly 8000 empty spaces at that game, fill some of them and make money on catering/ bars/merchandise. Plans need to be put in place over the next month for it to be ready to launch and advertise the week after the fixtures are released. Do we have anybody employed by the club who is responsible for doing something as basic as this?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 9:38]
Season ticket prices on 08:04 - Jun 3 with 9061 viewsnordenblue

Season ticket prices on 06:25 - Jun 3 by TalkingSutty

Just because our season tickets are cheap doesn't make them good value for money.You can buy cheap baked beans but they're not nice. I would say for probably the last four or five years the ST have been terrible value for money, probably the worst in the EFL. In general the football has been atrocious to watch with very little entertainment on offer. Managers haven't been working with the lowest budget in the league neither, as a result of the low season ticket prices. It's been down to bad decisions in the boardroom and managers who seem to forget that we are in the business of winning

We are attending games out of blind loyalty and invariably leaving them in a very bad mood, questioning our sanity. This has been going on for too many seasons now and the chances are it's going to continue because we already know the patterns of play we will have to endure next season, let's hope we are paying to watch proper mens football and not a experiment to just fast track kids from the academy, prioritising unearthing a gem over winning football matches and entertaining the paying customers. The Sandy Lane ticket is very underpriced but the seating areas are comparable to some clubs but still not good value for money because of the product on the pitch and the general matchday experience.

There are plenty of better options on the doorstep if you are looking for good value for money, a early bird adult seating ticket at Burnley for a first time buyer was £335 (£17.60p/game), that's to watch Premiership football and you can pay over 12 months by direct debit. An adult Season ticket at Man City is just over £400 to watch one of the top club teams in the world. An adult season ticket at Bolton in the early bird period was £299. There are a lot of other examples. Some people are confusing cheap with good value which isn't right, the football's been garbage for years now and the £24 pay on the day price acts as a deterent to anybody who has the audacity to just turn up on the day unannounced. Try something like £12 for an adult to stand on the day and £15 for a seat, free entry for kids with an adult and advertise it all season around the Town.

The first home game of the season is during the school holidays, when the fixtures are announced why not utilise the away stand (unless Oldham or Halifax) and announce free entry for all adults accompanied by children under 16yrs. Try to fill most of that stand, it will probably be empty otherwise. No tickets involved, first come first served and when it's full it's full. Advertise it weeks in advance though and not just on the website, approach the major supermarkets and advertise the free offer at every checkout for customers to read, thousands will see the offer everyday of the week while queueing to pay. The Trust and volunteer fans could even organise this and even help with stewarding it and catering etc. Hand out flyers at the turnstile regarding season ticket prices and advertise the club shop/ new shirts. We could even designate it as a family fun day and put on some entertainment around the ground. The first game of the season on a nice sunny day in August would be ideal. It takes gumption from those running the club though and a positive attitude to think out of the box. There will probably be nearly 8000 empty spaces at that game, fill some of them and make money on catering/ bars/merchandise. Plans need to be put in place over the next month for it to be ready to launch and advertise the week after the fixtures are released. Do we have anybody employed by the club who is responsible for doing something as basic as this?

Couldn't agree with you more TS, for whats been on show for what feels like years and years paying £24 for the privilege is an absolute piss take, be very interesting to see how the crowds play ouy next season while the clubs sat back having done next to nothing for months, then expects everyone to blindly tip up hundreds of pounds while the countries massively on its arse, very short sighted but no doubt the whole "re-engage" bollox will be rolled out as and when required.
Season ticket prices on 08:43 - Jun 3 with 9005 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 08:04 - Jun 3 by nordenblue

Couldn't agree with you more TS, for whats been on show for what feels like years and years paying £24 for the privilege is an absolute piss take, be very interesting to see how the crowds play ouy next season while the clubs sat back having done next to nothing for months, then expects everyone to blindly tip up hundreds of pounds while the countries massively on its arse, very short sighted but no doubt the whole "re-engage" bollox will be rolled out as and when required.

I'm going to get a couple of season tickets again next week but it's against my better judgement. I'm doing it out of blind loyalty and i wouldn't have a go at anybody for throwing the towel in. I was hoping for a manager who would lift the whole club, somebody who wanted to prioritise attacking football and winning matches but instead we have the same old, same old. Anyway, let's see what happens and obviously we might be pleasantly surprised.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 9:06]
Season ticket prices on 09:27 - Jun 3 with 8952 viewselectricblue

"The first home game of the season is during the school holidays, when the fixtures are announced why not utilise the away stand (unless Oldham or Halifax) and announce free entry for all adults accompanied by children under 16yrs. Try to fill most of that stand, it will probably be empty otherwise. No tickets involved, first come first served and when it's full it's full. Advertise it weeks in advance though and not just on the website, the Trust and volunteer fans could even organise this and even help with stewarding it and catering etc. Hand out flyers at the turnstile regarding season ticket prices and advertise the club shop/ new shirts. We could even designate it as a family fun day and put on some entertainment around the ground. The first game of the season on a nice sunny day in August would be ideal. It takes gumption from those running the club though and a positive attitude to think out of the box. There will probably be nearly 8000 empty spaces at that game, fill some of them and make money on catering/ bars/merchandise."

This a great idea and something that the club should be looking into a few times over a season..

Another idea is at these free events like on the first seasons home match is to hand out a voucher entitling 1 adult and 1 u16 to get a 10 match pass for £120 with 10% off a full season card the following season..
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 9:43]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Season ticket prices on 09:45 - Jun 3 with 8914 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 09:27 - Jun 3 by electricblue

"The first home game of the season is during the school holidays, when the fixtures are announced why not utilise the away stand (unless Oldham or Halifax) and announce free entry for all adults accompanied by children under 16yrs. Try to fill most of that stand, it will probably be empty otherwise. No tickets involved, first come first served and when it's full it's full. Advertise it weeks in advance though and not just on the website, the Trust and volunteer fans could even organise this and even help with stewarding it and catering etc. Hand out flyers at the turnstile regarding season ticket prices and advertise the club shop/ new shirts. We could even designate it as a family fun day and put on some entertainment around the ground. The first game of the season on a nice sunny day in August would be ideal. It takes gumption from those running the club though and a positive attitude to think out of the box. There will probably be nearly 8000 empty spaces at that game, fill some of them and make money on catering/ bars/merchandise."

This a great idea and something that the club should be looking into a few times over a season..

Another idea is at these free events like on the first seasons home match is to hand out a voucher entitling 1 adult and 1 u16 to get a 10 match pass for £120 with 10% off a full season card the following season..
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 9:43]

If it's done at the start of the season we would hopefully see a increase in season ticket sales and attendance. The season ticket prices/ offer for kids is great but how many have been to a game or are aware they can attend for free, how many of their parents/ grandparents are? Send each school a few posters advertising the free game so the kids are aware prior to them breaking up for the six week holidays in the middle of July, they can make it a opportunity to meet up with mates during the break. It's no good doing this for a pre- season friendly or on Tuesday nights, or in the depths of winter and it doesn't need tying up in red tape by going on line for tickets or picking them up from the ticket office. Just turn up on the day and go through the turnstiles once you've been handed a welcome pack ( envelope containing flyers for season tickets etc). Season tickets are going on sale next week and I have seen no advertising around the ground, on billboards, on local radio etc. I believe there are free tickets available for some of the young fans, that should be the banner headline around the Town..FREE SEASON TICKETS..REAL FOOTBALL FOR REAL FANS.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 10:00]
Season ticket prices on 09:53 - Jun 3 with 8887 viewsJames1980

Season ticket prices on 06:19 - Jun 3 by Trev

It's a bit of a loaded question, James, and I suspect you already have an idea of the answer.

After 6 seasons of absolutely awful football and relegation battles, with one of the worst home records in the EFL in that time, it doesn't seem a sensible policy. The semi-regular and casual fan will 100% be put off by the pricing for non-league football.

Sorry I was genuinely interested how we compare to the rest and too lazy to look it up myself. Just wondering if our matchday pricing is comparable. Yes I know we are not comparing the same quality of product.

Season ticket prices on 10:15 - Jun 3 with 8847 viewsDalenet

Season ticket prices on 09:53 - Jun 3 by James1980

Sorry I was genuinely interested how we compare to the rest and too lazy to look it up myself. Just wondering if our matchday pricing is comparable. Yes I know we are not comparing the same quality of product.

£24 is at the top end James. Owdum are charging £24 on the day, but £20 if bought in advance. Halifax charge £21. Whilst our season cards are amongst the cheapest, the matchday tickets are not. I am fed up with the chairmans regular comments that the club is short of revenue. He has to decide whether he wants to increase match day revenue throughout the season or whether his budget can cope with season ticket sales only. Unless we are riding high in the league table, people won't "try us" for £24.
Season ticket prices on 10:23 - Jun 3 with 8839 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 09:53 - Jun 3 by James1980

The fact we probably have the lowest price in the National League is immaterial, the product has been rotten for years and years, so low season ticket prices don't really matter. It's more enjoyable sitting at home in winter and watching the scores come in on Soccer Saturday.

I go to games to hopefully watch a good standard of football between two teams competing on a relatively equal footing. I want to see a team that is physically fit and able to compete for the full duration at the same levels as the opposition. I want to see us play on the front foot with the emphasis on taking the game to our opponents when playing at home. I don't want to see us walking with the ball in our own half and constantly looking to play it backwards when there is room to move into. I don't want to see young kids thrown into the team for the sake of it neither and watch them be outmuscled and out manouvered.

We need to prioritise the result over everything else but I'm not sure a lot of those involved up at the club have grasped that we live or die by results on the pitch and winning is everything at this level. If you don't win, managers are sacked, players become disillusioned, attendances drop, the mood around the club drops, relegation happens and staff lose their jobs. We've just had all that, so it's now down to Mc Nulty to reverse that trend..make us the fittest team in the league, instill a winning mentality and let's take the game to the opposition and let them worry about us. That's all Jim needs to do and most of that doesn't come down to who has the biggest budget at all, it's a philosophy and a change in the mentality of the club. If Jim really does want to put down a marker then he needs to start thinking like that, get a team together who want to go to war and are prepared ro push themselves to the limit and attain maximum finess levels. The National League us a physical battle so put a team on the pitch that will run towards the fire and meet it head on. The fans will respond to that and get behind the manager rather than watching fanny football
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 10:32]
Season ticket prices on 10:27 - Jun 3 with 8821 viewsSuddenLad

Season ticket prices on 08:04 - Jun 3 by nordenblue

The 'walk-up' match day price is too much, definitely, but the season card prices, which is what the discussion was initially about, are still excellent value for money, when compared to match-day prices.

I think someone posted the other day that one category of prices, for a Dale season card, amounted to £7.61 per game. If that's not good value, I don't know what is.

Season ticket prices on 10:30 - Jun 3 with 8822 viewsJames1980

Season ticket prices on 10:15 - Jun 3 by Dalenet

£24 is at the top end James. Owdum are charging £24 on the day, but £20 if bought in advance. Halifax charge £21. Whilst our season cards are amongst the cheapest, the matchday tickets are not. I am fed up with the chairmans regular comments that the club is short of revenue. He has to decide whether he wants to increase match day revenue throughout the season or whether his budget can cope with season ticket sales only. Unless we are riding high in the league table, people won't "try us" for £24.

I guess the pricing is in part to encourage the purchase of a season ticket or a Your Card.

Season ticket prices on 10:43 - Jun 3 with 8794 viewsNorthernDale

The board as taken into account the cost of living issue, the fact we have been just relegated and to put prices up under such circumstances may have appeared some what thoughtless. Having said, I would have accepted a slight increase, i.e a tenner for example.

I will be buying my season ticket in the coming weeks.
Season ticket prices on 20:19 - Jun 3 with 8515 viewspioneer

Ok ….I get your point about value for money given the product on the field but this thread is about setting the price of season tickets……so in your opinion what should the price of season tickets be?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024