Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this 19:34 - Aug 5 with 6126 viewsrochdaleest1907

First time I’ve ever said it but I think I’ll not be back. Couldn’t hit a cows arts with a banjo.

daveofthedale

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 19:49 - Aug 5 with 5954 views442Dale

So if we had had scored a couple it’d have been fine?

Because, despite the disappointing result, with the resources we have, it was alright.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 19:51 - Aug 5 with 5944 viewsfrenzied

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 19:49 - Aug 5 by 442Dale

So if we had had scored a couple it’d have been fine?

Because, despite the disappointing result, with the resources we have, it was alright.

Exactly M8
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 19:55 - Aug 5 with 5905 viewsHebdale

Who could blame you, the last five years for one reason or another has been shameful.
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 19:57 - Aug 5 with 5856 viewsSandyDrum

This is going to sound quite daft but we were 2 goals away from what I thought would have been quite a comfortable win.

I’m not actually disappointed, we have the bare minimum resources to build a squad and played some quite decent football and created a lot of chances.

Yes, our shooting was abysmal but I’d say we created more chances today than we did in a lot of games combined last year.

We need fans to stick with the team and get behind them, there is an absolute depth of negativity that has rooted its way into the fanbase after last year, some of it is embarrassing to read on social media and on here.

The club needs us as fans, desperately - this is going to be a long, hard season for both the players and fans.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 20:08 - Aug 5 with 5727 viewsWirralDale

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 19:57 - Aug 5 by SandyDrum

This is going to sound quite daft but we were 2 goals away from what I thought would have been quite a comfortable win.

I’m not actually disappointed, we have the bare minimum resources to build a squad and played some quite decent football and created a lot of chances.

Yes, our shooting was abysmal but I’d say we created more chances today than we did in a lot of games combined last year.

We need fans to stick with the team and get behind them, there is an absolute depth of negativity that has rooted its way into the fanbase after last year, some of it is embarrassing to read on social media and on here.

The club needs us as fans, desperately - this is going to be a long, hard season for both the players and fans.

I agree, SandyDrum. It was frustrating not to see more accurate shooting, but we certainly took more chances than in many games last season and the passing was better.

Ebbsfleet were confident - having been promoted - while we lacked a bit of confidence. Hopefully the new players will help with that. The only real difference today was the flukey goal..

Mustn't give up after one game!
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 20:19 - Aug 5 with 5584 viewsKnowlesy

Somebody sat in front of me booed at full time. After the first game of the season. THAT is embarrassing.

Agree with some comments here, there was a lot of promise in the performance and we created some decent chances and had a lot of the ball in promising areas. If people are ready to never come again after one game of a new season in a new division, they need to give their heads a wobble.
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 20:24 - Aug 5 with 5537 viewsTrev

See ya, pal 👋🏻
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 20:41 - Aug 5 with 5438 viewsdalenumber2

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 20:19 - Aug 5 by Knowlesy

Somebody sat in front of me booed at full time. After the first game of the season. THAT is embarrassing.

Agree with some comments here, there was a lot of promise in the performance and we created some decent chances and had a lot of the ball in promising areas. If people are ready to never come again after one game of a new season in a new division, they need to give their heads a wobble.

Several people booed in the Pearl Street. Depressing…
Login to get fewer ads

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 20:41 - Aug 5 with 5429 viewsBarrowdale

But it wasn’t high tempo was it? It was ponderous and predictable trying to walk it in. Very few crosses. Sinclair needed to push on their right back but he gave him acres of room. We recovered the ball but then did the same thing every time
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 20:42 - Aug 5 with 5419 viewsformbydale

Think some of the booing was at the ref; who had an interesting grasp of the rules.

I feel all at sea.

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 20:44 - Aug 5 with 5404 views442Dale

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 20:41 - Aug 5 by Barrowdale

But it wasn’t high tempo was it? It was ponderous and predictable trying to walk it in. Very few crosses. Sinclair needed to push on their right back but he gave him acres of room. We recovered the ball but then did the same thing every time

It wasn’t perfect but at times we played a good tempo. The route was inside the two wider defenders in their back three, it’s just we didn’t do it often enough or look convincing when in a position to take advantage of their strange tactics.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 21:39 - Aug 5 with 5065 viewskrafty80

So relieved to read a slew of posts reflecting on the game in a similar way to me; am an exile so don't have to see us at Spotland every other week. I certainly wouldn't question the views of those who do.

The result was hugely disappointing but I thought the logic behind how we played was sound. Completely agree with those suggesting Hilly would make a monster out of Kairo Mitchell; that volley goes in and we win at a canter. I think Rodney and Mitchell will be a handful for every defence they play this year.

On the flip side, Clayton and Gilmour look capable if possibly one paced. Thought Sinclair did OK, a lot of effort and commitment albeit without end product.

But let's face facts: we urgently, desperately need a couple of garbage 1-0 home wins from somewhere because this squad is battling against 5+ years of loss upon loss at Spotland. That's BJ's challenge for the first eight to 10 weeks of the season, defeat the psychological burden the players are carrying every time they walk out at home.
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 21:48 - Aug 5 with 5003 viewsNorthernDale

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 20:41 - Aug 5 by Barrowdale

I have to agree, the football was pedestrian, it was like watching over 50's walking football and it was the same old possession football or whatever McNulty wishes to call it. What worries me is that McNulty may not learn and change his tactics in a game.

Even so, I thought we dominated the game, which may be a positive and in truth Ebbsfleet looked average, but played the game well, by sitting back in numbers and just counter attacking. Sadly we did not have the creativity to open them up at times, sadly when we did Rodney's finishing today was shocking. Our inability to take our opportunities cost us today.

I thought Nevett, Sinclair and Clayton all had a decent game, I think Nevett deserved the MoM award, I even thought Keohane and John did okay, Mitchell however did not impress. I could not understand why Hendo did not start and I thought McNulty left it far too late to bring Hendo on.
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 21:59 - Aug 5 with 4908 viewsJames1980

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 21:48 - Aug 5 by NorthernDale

I have to agree, the football was pedestrian, it was like watching over 50's walking football and it was the same old possession football or whatever McNulty wishes to call it. What worries me is that McNulty may not learn and change his tactics in a game.

Even so, I thought we dominated the game, which may be a positive and in truth Ebbsfleet looked average, but played the game well, by sitting back in numbers and just counter attacking. Sadly we did not have the creativity to open them up at times, sadly when we did Rodney's finishing today was shocking. Our inability to take our opportunities cost us today.

I thought Nevett, Sinclair and Clayton all had a decent game, I think Nevett deserved the MoM award, I even thought Keohane and John did okay, Mitchell however did not impress. I could not understand why Hendo did not start and I thought McNulty left it far too late to bring Hendo on.

Perhaps they were conserving energy for all the added time.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 22:38 - Aug 5 with 4708 viewsswiggy

In the first half Sinclair terrorised their left back then in the second half he was switched to left wing giving their left back a free lunch why oh why?
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 00:32 - Aug 6 with 4411 viewsrafc1984

It were sh!t, just how I knew we would play. It's going to be a long hard depressing season if we continue like this.
Too (fookin ridiculously) slow in all departments, especially going forward. We're going to win very few games with that.
Honestly Jim if that's your best, for our first outing in the no prisoners league, then we are fooked!
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 09:05 - Aug 6 with 3941 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Poor quality football, players that cannot control the ball, fail to read the game and make poor quality decisions at key moments.

However - folks who may criticize need to understand… that’s where we’re at as a club as far as the quality of talent available on the market within our budget and it will continue for a while. Desperately disappointing

Still, I’ll make my first game next Saturday and cheer the lads on cause that’s what we do. Don’t over dramatize the lows or over emphasise the highs. Just get on with it and keep the club going.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 9:07]
Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 09:09 - Aug 6 with 3916 viewsDaleiLama

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 19:57 - Aug 5 by SandyDrum

Pretty much agree with most of that except the comfortable win bit. They hit the post towards the end and also spurned a few other chances they got on the break but I thought we looked decent.

I've seen Nevett in a couple of games @ Stalyvegas where he impressed and the fact he looked so assured on the ball on his first pro start and got motm bodes extremely well. Like all good players he never panicked in possession and looked to have ages to pass like EB prior to his departure.

Thought Mitchell grew into the game, but Hendo might have been a better option to nab one to take a lead. Can also understand why BJ gave him the start to back him. Ty gave them plenty of problems and their only answer was to clog him. The ref gave him no protection and was right up there in competence with some of those 'challenges'. Thought Afuye and Gilmour did a lot of running but not much contributing but it's the first game of the season so let's see what happens when everyone settles down. Thought Moulden did well as did John mostly. Some misplaced passes generally but we weren't really punished for any of them.
Not a classic, but more entertaining than many games from previous seasons. Certainly not time to abandon the club in it's hour of need. I sense we are more likely to get better than this, not worse.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 09:17 - Aug 6 with 3881 viewsjonahwhereru

Utter Rubbish I can’t stand this on 00:32 - Aug 6 by rafc1984

It were sh!t, just how I knew we would play. It's going to be a long hard depressing season if we continue like this.
Too (fookin ridiculously) slow in all departments, especially going forward. We're going to win very few games with that.
Honestly Jim if that's your best, for our first outing in the no prisoners league, then we are fooked!

I wish you would have told us before the season started that you knew we were going to adopt a high press by our forwards. Still you keeping it a secret just made it more interesting for those of us who who thought we would not change from the “no press” we had seen in the last two season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024