Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread 22:52 - Aug 17 with 17674 viewsHullDale

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 23:05 - Aug 17 with 9978 viewsEllDale

I’m not a gambling man but I wonder what the odds are on Quigley scoring on Saturday?
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 09:54 - Aug 18 with 9718 viewsAtThePeake

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 23:05 - Aug 17 by EllDale

I’m not a gambling man but I wonder what the odds are on Quigley scoring on Saturday?

9/4 with bet365

Tangled up in blue.

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 10:27 - Aug 18 with 9653 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Eastleigh are not setting the League on fire with 3 straight draws so far......nowt to fear, get stuck in!
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 16:53 - Aug 18 with 9319 viewsjonahwhereru

I hope one of Hendo or Rodders is fit to play up front. Be good to have them both, but I think Rodney is more reliable for the pressing that is now part of our game and can be a focal point up front. But some viruses can have a big physical impact on recovery
As for Hendo I hope they don’t take any chances with his injury.
With Quigley and co up front is this another game for Nevitt to sit out? EEL and Taylor trained against him most of last year so should have a game plan for him. But neither of them can pass a ball like the youngster. Tricky one.
Hopeful the Clayton and East will win the midfield and we will win the game.
UTD
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 18:52]
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 10:22 - Aug 19 with 8871 viewsYadHoDale

Hopefully either Hendo or Rodney are fit to play alongside Mitchell. If not, Sinclair should play there, as the player most likely to score.

That's assuming we play 4-4-2.

If we play 4-3-3, then I'd play Keohane and Sinclair either side of Mitchell, with Oduroh and John at full back (I'd play John at LB either way as his height may be useful against a big team.) EEL and Nevett at CB with Ferguson on the bench with McDermott, Jez and either Afuye, Oscar Kelly or possibly both if we decide to do without a sub goalie (I'd personally have Brad Kelly there, in case of random accidents/red cards).
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 10:29 - Aug 19 with 8842 views442Dale

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 16:53 - Aug 18 by jonahwhereru

I hope one of Hendo or Rodders is fit to play up front. Be good to have them both, but I think Rodney is more reliable for the pressing that is now part of our game and can be a focal point up front. But some viruses can have a big physical impact on recovery
As for Hendo I hope they don’t take any chances with his injury.
With Quigley and co up front is this another game for Nevitt to sit out? EEL and Taylor trained against him most of last year so should have a game plan for him. But neither of them can pass a ball like the youngster. Tricky one.
Hopeful the Clayton and East will win the midfield and we will win the game.
UTD
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 18:52]

Anyone with a football brain could defend against Quigley. Avoid getting into a pointless battle with him and he’s one step up from useless.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 11:25 - Aug 19 with 8722 viewsfinberty

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 10:29 - Aug 19 by 442Dale

Anyone with a football brain could defend against Quigley. Avoid getting into a pointless battle with him and he’s one step up from useless.

That's got the FGs interested now....
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 11:29 - Aug 19 with 8712 viewsTVOS1907

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 23:05 - Aug 17 by EllDale

No different to most other strikers, I would imagine.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 11:33 - Aug 19 with 8691 views442Dale

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 11:25 - Aug 19 by finberty

That's got the FGs interested now....

He could score a hat-trick and I’d think the same.

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 12:59 - Aug 19 with 8517 viewsEdindale

Whether he scores or not we need to win this game in order to avoid the possibility of a mini slump.

Based on recent performances and signings we need to be positive against what would appear to be a bang average side.
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 13:02 - Aug 19 with 8488 viewsEllDale

Three of the next four games are at home.
Never been a better time to put a run together. Sorry FGs.
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 15:38 - Aug 19 with 8021 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Still messing around in defence.....
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 15:52 - Aug 19 with 7916 viewsEllGazzell

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 15:38 - Aug 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

... and winning 2 - 0!!!

COME ON - Up The Dale

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 15:54 - Aug 19 with 7884 viewsdale1968

And what a screamer....

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 15:54 - Aug 19 with 7878 viewsTomRAFC

I appreciate people get frustrated seeing us pass it across the back, but it's working well. The ball is getting into midfield and we're creating good chances.

Two good goals, plus what looked like a superb save from their keeper.

Clayton is a joy to watch.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 15:56]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 15:55 - Aug 19 with 7867 viewsdownunder

Can't sleep so decided to log in. When was the last time Dale were 2-0 up at half time?
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 15:57 - Aug 19 with 7814 views442Dale

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 15:54 - Aug 19 by TomRAFC

I appreciate people get frustrated seeing us pass it across the back, but it's working well. The ball is getting into midfield and we're creating good chances.

Two good goals, plus what looked like a superb save from their keeper.

Clayton is a joy to watch.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 15:56]

There’s never been complaint with passing at the back if it’s with an aim to go into the forwards. It’s when it creates problems for ourselves that fans get frustrated. Today has shown it’s fine because this lot are woeful at stopping us so it.

Hello, Mr Quigley.

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 16:03 - Aug 19 with 7763 viewsTomRAFC

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 15:57 - Aug 19 by 442Dale

There’s never been complaint with passing at the back if it’s with an aim to go into the forwards. It’s when it creates problems for ourselves that fans get frustrated. Today has shown it’s fine because this lot are woeful at stopping us so it.

Hello, Mr Quigley.

You'd think so, but there's plenty of complaining still going on in the Sandy...
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 16:05]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 17:09 - Aug 19 with 7390 viewsMasher

To be fair we've looked pretty competent passing it out from the back so far. Not like previously where someone always made a mistake and its cost us.

Up The Dale!!

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 17:38 - Aug 19 with 7163 viewsBarrowdale

Lets be honest they were possibly the worst team EVER to grace our pitch. They shoul have been put to the sword by half time. Positives for me, Clayton and East ran the show. Ferguson and EEL are more than good enough and so is Moulden. Hendo looks refreshed too and Gilmour did well.
The problems to me, Mitchell scored a screamer, missed a sitter and ambled through another game. Constantly changing the team around is probably BJ looking for his best 11, so find it and keep it. All this swapping is weird.
We genuinely could and probably should have 12 points now. There appears to be nothing to fear in this league. Sack rebuilding and settling for mid table. Get the confidence growing and smash these dire opponents into oblivion!
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 17:38 - Aug 19 with 7163 viewsDaley_Lama

We’ve got a midfield!!!!

Been a while i have been able to say that. Clayton and East both absolutely superb, Gilmour my man of the match.

Poll: DF in or out

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 17:42 - Aug 19 with 7135 viewsDaleyBrent

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 15:38 - Aug 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

That performance today was anything but “messing around in defence”.

We had multiple ways of playing out and getting into their final third. We weren’t overly fixated like in previous years on playing out from the back. The number of times we went long to try and get in behind, clipped into a full back or into a striker dropping deep will have far outweighed how many times we pleased across our back 4.

Sorry to jump on this specific comment but that’s the most enjoyable set up of a team I’ve seen for years. Of course we’ll get it wrong sometimes but all we did today was play exactly how the opposition didn’t want us too in every moment.
Yes, they were poor but strongly believe a lot of that was because of how good we were in possession today.
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 17:55 - Aug 19 with 7025 viewstony_roch975

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 17:38 - Aug 19 by Daley_Lama

We’ve got a midfield!!!!

Been a while i have been able to say that. Clayton and East both absolutely superb, Gilmour my man of the match.

Agreed - a real unit, Clayton is also effectively combative.
I thought Gilmour was again a bit lightweight and lacked a final ball but he worked hard second half, Ebanks-Landell looks like a rejuvenated player as does Hendo, probably cos he can see a hatful of easy goals this season.
Overlapping runs from Keohane and John (especially 2nd half) caused them problems all game.
Mitchell isn't Rodney and he did seem to struggle first half, before the screamer but more effective 2nd half.
Sinclair still concerns me, always looking for the limelight so failed to give the telling pass on several occasions and needs to work back more effectively.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 18:08 - Aug 19 with 6887 viewsJames1980

One thing is teams will have to be fit enough to play for 100 minutes plus this season considering the time that is getting added on.

Great result and it looks like we are one of the teams that can last the new distance.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 18:09]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 18:11 - Aug 19 with 6852 views442Dale

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 18:08 - Aug 19 by James1980

One thing is teams will have to be fit enough to play for 100 minutes plus this season considering the time that is getting added on.

Great result and it looks like we are one of the teams that can last the new distance.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 18:09]

Already bored of this. Hope they sort themselves out because seeing all the added time isn’t, erm, adding much.

94th minute winners don’t look as good.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024