Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham Thread 11:40 - Oct 16 with 28539 viewsChaffRAFC

NO TICKET SALES ON THE DAY - Not seen that posted anywhere other than the "Next at home" article on the Official Site. The correct decision as well.

Rochdale vs Oldham Athletic | Saturday 21st October 2023, Vanarama National League, Crown Oil Arena, 3pm Kick-Off

Dale welcome Oldham Athletic to the Crown Oil Arena later this month.

Following consultation with Greater Manchester Police, we can confirm that there will be no ticket sales on the day of the game.

Supporters will be able to buy tickets online and over the phone until 3pm on Friday 20th October, whilst in-person sales will be available to buy until 5pm.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/october/athome_oldhamathletic_211023/

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Oldham Thread on 12:39 - Oct 23 with 3277 viewsJames1980

Oldham Thread on 12:28 - Oct 23 by kel

Aye. First post under this username anyway.

Past usernames being derogatory to previous managers by any chance?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Oldham Thread on 12:42 - Oct 23 with 3252 viewsjudd

Oldham Thread on 12:13 - Oct 23 by DaleiLama

I sit a couple of rows back from SL and can perhaps shed a little more light on this. The only actions that 066 took were to look the other way. Fans were shouting at her to take action and she absolutely ignored both the requests and the situation. That being the case, it begs the question why is she there. It took a chap towards the end of the row between SL and I to go down towards the Pearl St. stand and mobilise the supervisor before action was taken. So not only could 066 not have told the Daleys (two of whom - a lad and his dad - left the stadium, the lad in floods of tears and clearly terrified by the confrontation) that a supervisor was on the way, but she also she didn't appear to have a means of communicating with her supervisor or even know she was coming! Again, why is she getting paid?

There were 3 Biffos. Two left without too much protest, one was giving it the b-b-b and two fingers to every Daley in the main stand, until a supervisor twice his weight dispatched him out of the gate. He probably got away with it.

Yet another shameful incident on a day where these were more the norm than the exception. I am going to send (an edited minus para 2) version of this account to Murray. I have no vendetta against 066, she normally has a pleasant demeanour, but the amount we are paying Taurus, and the grief they give some of our fans, we should be getting a very large refund.

I am sure this incident will be brought up when the Trust meet with club directors on Thursday.

Incidentally, and perhaps anecdotally, one of the Oldham fans claimed to have gained entrance by pretending to be an employee of Crown Oil and received free hospitality.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Oldham Thread on 12:48 - Oct 23 with 3216 viewsD_Alien

Oldham Thread on 12:42 - Oct 23 by judd

I am sure this incident will be brought up when the Trust meet with club directors on Thursday.

Incidentally, and perhaps anecdotally, one of the Oldham fans claimed to have gained entrance by pretending to be an employee of Crown Oil and received free hospitality.

I hope it is brought up on Thursday, but if so, it should be made clear that the issue isn't with individual stewards such as 066 or the one i referred to in the Pearl St, but that Taurus are leaving these young inexperienced people exposed to crowd situations that present physical danger without any means of communicating or summoning help

It's Taurus that's the problem, not their employees

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham Thread on 13:07 - Oct 23 with 3162 viewsfrenzied

Oldham Thread on 12:48 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

I hope it is brought up on Thursday, but if so, it should be made clear that the issue isn't with individual stewards such as 066 or the one i referred to in the Pearl St, but that Taurus are leaving these young inexperienced people exposed to crowd situations that present physical danger without any means of communicating or summoning help

It's Taurus that's the problem, not their employees

Nail on the head...

Duty of care clearly being flouted
Oldham Thread on 13:27 - Oct 23 with 3101 viewsEllGazzell

Oldham Thread on 10:30 - Oct 23 by OMG

Well I have only been to a handful of games this season. Sorry but NL doesnt excite me , or should I say , the players and Manager do not excite me.
I cant understand all this 'love in ' for McNulty. He has been involved in our downfall . His poor defending and now his disgraceful management has brought about the demise of Rochdale Football Club.
His insistence on playing like Man City is a joke. We dont have quick thinking lethal forwards like Haaland, Alvarez or expert attacking midfielders like Foden and De Byrne.
People said we would of been better with EEL at the back, I disagree, I think he is one of the main culprits causing problems . Taylor should of gone last season, sorry , should never of been signed.
What goes on in training sessions , with this playing out from the back? Do the rest of the team stand still like they do in a match....it must be very odd. Or perhaps it looks good without any opposition on the pitch.
People moaning about injuries, but this again , winds me up , since Rodney is not a prolific goal scorer in fact hes a bit of a loser . Perhaps thats why we signed him.
If we continue to only play in one half of a game and then at this pedestrian pace we will soon find ourselves fighting relegation and I dont think most of the players in this squad have the aptitude to fight.
Oh I assume we will sell Nevitt in Jan probably for peanuts.

"...the players and Manager do not excite me."

Neither did your English teacher(s)...

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Oldham Thread on 14:06 - Oct 23 with 3016 viewsEllDale

Going back to Saturday was there a bit of a kickoff to the left of the posts in the Sandy midway through the first half?
An awful lot of stewards seemed to race down there.
Oldham Thread on 14:07 - Oct 23 with 3011 viewsEllDale

Oldham Thread on 13:27 - Oct 23 by EllGazzell

"...the players and Manager do not excite me."

Neither did your English teacher(s)...

Are you Parkins Gimp in disguise?
Oldham Thread on 14:25 - Oct 23 with 2951 viewsJames1980

Oldham Thread on 14:07 - Oct 23 by EllDale

Or Bucketbstrd ?

Login to get fewer ads

Oldham Thread on 14:32 - Oct 23 with 2915 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham Thread on 14:07 - Oct 23 by EllDale

No, he's posted as EllGazzell for years.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 14:32]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham Thread on 14:44 - Oct 23 with 2884 viewsJames1980

Oldham Thread on 14:32 - Oct 23 by TVOS1907

No, he's posted as EllGazzell for years.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 14:32]

So PG and BBM (not the former manager) are different people?

Oldham Thread on 14:59 - Oct 23 with 2847 viewsEllDale

Sorry, I meant OMG!!
Oldham Thread on 15:01 - Oct 23 with 2843 viewsoff2div1

Oldham Thread on 14:06 - Oct 23 by EllDale

Going back to Saturday was there a bit of a kickoff to the left of the posts in the Sandy midway through the first half?
An awful lot of stewards seemed to race down there.

How much did the policing cost because most of the game they did nowt.
Oldham Thread on 15:03 - Oct 23 with 2825 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham Thread on 14:44 - Oct 23 by James1980

So PG and BBM (not the former manager) are different people?

Don't think it's him - he hasn't used "McNumpty" for starters.

Oldham Thread on 15:06 - Oct 23 with 2819 viewsAtThePeake

Oldham Thread on 10:30 - Oct 23 by OMG

Well I have only been to a handful of games this season. Sorry but NL doesnt excite me , or should I say , the players and Manager do not excite me.
I cant understand all this 'love in ' for McNulty. He has been involved in our downfall . His poor defending and now his disgraceful management has brought about the demise of Rochdale Football Club.
His insistence on playing like Man City is a joke. We dont have quick thinking lethal forwards like Haaland, Alvarez or expert attacking midfielders like Foden and De Byrne.
People said we would of been better with EEL at the back, I disagree, I think he is one of the main culprits causing problems . Taylor should of gone last season, sorry , should never of been signed.
What goes on in training sessions , with this playing out from the back? Do the rest of the team stand still like they do in a match....it must be very odd. Or perhaps it looks good without any opposition on the pitch.
People moaning about injuries, but this again , winds me up , since Rodney is not a prolific goal scorer in fact hes a bit of a loser . Perhaps thats why we signed him.
If we continue to only play in one half of a game and then at this pedestrian pace we will soon find ourselves fighting relegation and I dont think most of the players in this squad have the aptitude to fight.
Oh I assume we will sell Nevitt in Jan probably for peanuts.

I'd just like to use this opportunity to remind new and existing forum users that it's very easy for admins to find out if you have had a previous banned account on the messageboard.

Tangled up in blue.

Oldham Thread on 15:07 - Oct 23 with 2812 viewsDalenet

Oldham Thread on 09:18 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

The way Clayton limped off suggests he's carrying an injury, and seems to be playing in a restricted way because of it. If he makes it on Tuesday it'll be unfair to expect much from him
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 9:21]

He was given a tablet to take about 5 minutes into the second half and was substituted soon after. Obviously in some pain.
Oldham Thread on 17:00 - Oct 23 with 2539 viewsSandyman

Oldham Thread on 12:42 - Oct 23 by judd

Dale Trust September newsletter: Report of Supporters' Meeting 25/8/23 held before the Bromley game:

"There were further concerns regarding the Oldham fixture in October following the pitch invasion from some of their supporters at Chesterfield last month, and the ability of our stewards to prevent that happening here. Bob from the Trust stated that he was due to have a meeting with Dale COO George Delves regarding the stewarding amongst other matters the previous week but that had been cancelled due to illness. This meeting has now been rearranged for 14th September."

Report of Meeting between Club and Trust 31/8/23

"1) Start to the season
Stewarding
In terms of the stewarding, Taurus represent a lot of Clubs in the Greater Manchester area. We will have the same team leaders for each home game but the stewards aren't always the same which can bring some issues with regards to consistency. It was appreciated that the Oldham will bring its own challenges. This game will carry a significant level of policing. The meeting between the Trust, the Club and Taurus will be rearranged for 14th September and it will be good to raise some of the concerns directly with Taurus"

Spoke to one of the security people in Ratcliffe's on Saturday who told me there was no trouble whatsoever in there with OAFC supporters. Your usual fans who have a pint, a natter and mingle without any problems. There is no doubt OAFC, RAFC Taurus and GMP were aware (as were fans of both clubs) that a section of Oldham "fans" were there to cause trouble and breach ground regulations. I guess there were no sniffer dogs on Willbutts Lane given the number of pyro's brought into that stand? A difficult situation was not handled well throughout. To prevent further incidents with this mob of hooligans, OAFC and the National League need to get a grip of it fast. TV footage from the Chesterfield V Oldham game is freely available, as are numerous YouTube clips from last weekend to identify the culprits, plus other evidence reported on here. These and the incident of racist abuse are surely worthy of a points deduction unless such behaviour is now acceptable and the National League is a free for all attraction for the nutters?

Something for the directors of Dale and Chesterfield to consider jointly approaching the National League about?
Oldham Thread on 18:08 - Oct 23 with 2351 viewsSuddenLad

Oldham Thread on 15:01 - Oct 23 by off2div1

How much did the policing cost because most of the game they did nowt.

£15,000

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Oldham Thread on 18:52 - Oct 23 with 2220 views442Dale

Oldham Thread on 18:08 - Oct 23 by SuddenLad

£15,000

Where’s that figure from?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oldham Thread on 19:09 - Oct 23 with 2157 viewsEllDale

There’s also footage on social media I believe of flares being set off at Oldham’s game at Altrincham the week before last.
Oldham Thread on 19:32 - Oct 23 with 2101 viewsbluevein64

Oldham Thread on 12:13 - Oct 23 by DaleiLama

I sit a couple of rows back from SL and can perhaps shed a little more light on this. The only actions that 066 took were to look the other way. Fans were shouting at her to take action and she absolutely ignored both the requests and the situation. That being the case, it begs the question why is she there. It took a chap towards the end of the row between SL and I to go down towards the Pearl St. stand and mobilise the supervisor before action was taken. So not only could 066 not have told the Daleys (two of whom - a lad and his dad - left the stadium, the lad in floods of tears and clearly terrified by the confrontation) that a supervisor was on the way, but she also she didn't appear to have a means of communicating with her supervisor or even know she was coming! Again, why is she getting paid?

There were 3 Biffos. Two left without too much protest, one was giving it the b-b-b and two fingers to every Daley in the main stand, until a supervisor twice his weight dispatched him out of the gate. He probably got away with it.

Yet another shameful incident on a day where these were more the norm than the exception. I am going to send (an edited minus para 2) version of this account to Murray. I have no vendetta against 066, she normally has a pleasant demeanour, but the amount we are paying Taurus, and the grief they give some of our fans, we should be getting a very large refund.

Thanks for your post Dalei - I hope that the young lad is OK and that what amounts an unacceptable experience hasn't put him off attending future Dale matches, your post reminded me of an incident when my son was 7 years old, I can see him now in my minds eye with his Dale shirt, scarf and clutching his Desmond Doll , the couple in directly in front of us ( I still see them now attending Dale games) were F - ING this and F - ING that, with the odd C and T thrown in, just futile, senseless, moronic swearing , so I asked then very politely to refrain from swearing there're response "why don't you F - OFF! Yeh, F - OFF into the family stand! " My son and I moved to another seat out of earshot from these two charmers,
it still brings a lump to my throat when my son said "Daddy does that mean that they don't want me to be a Dale Fan anymore" I wrote to the Club and received the response I'd expected - we take this sort of thing very seriously etc - with regards to the young lad who left in floods of tears, as I've said I really do hope that this sad experience hasn't put him off, as far as my son goes, he's now in his 20's and his support for the Dale is as strong as ever !
Oldham Thread on 19:40 - Oct 23 with 2055 viewsEllDale

Surprise, surprise. AFC Fylde have issued a statement advising that there is evidence that Oldham fans have been buying tickets in the home parts of the crowd for tomorrow night’s game…..
There’s a trend emerging here for the NL to consider.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 19:41]
Oldham Thread on 20:31 - Oct 23 with 1912 viewswatford_dale

Oldham Thread on 19:40 - Oct 23 by EllDale

Surprise, surprise. AFC Fylde have issued a statement advising that there is evidence that Oldham fans have been buying tickets in the home parts of the crowd for tomorrow night’s game…..
There’s a trend emerging here for the NL to consider.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 19:41]

Oldham have been putting the tickets on general sale for away games rather than season ticket holders first etc. Consequently the number of Ferrell boneheads attending the games goes through the roof.
Oldham Thread on 20:38 - Oct 23 with 1882 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham Thread on 19:09 - Oct 23 by EllDale

There’s also footage on social media I believe of flares being set off at Oldham’s game at Altrincham the week before last.

Have you a link?

Oldham Thread on 21:18 - Oct 23 with 1761 viewsEllDale

I wish I had it unfortunately. Two of their fans posted it on personal X accounts but I can’t remember their names. I’ll have a root around. It took place just after McGahey scored the winner.
Oldham Thread on 21:35 - Oct 23 with 1720 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham Thread on 21:18 - Oct 23 by EllDale

I wish I had it unfortunately. Two of their fans posted it on personal X accounts but I can’t remember their names. I’ll have a root around. It took place just after McGahey scored the winner.

It's fine, don't worry yourself over it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024