Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kidderminster post-match thread 17:58 - Jan 6 with 8657 views442Dale

A great win. Solid at the back, made the most of our limited opportunities with so little options available to the manager at the moment.

Max Taylor deserves a mention, he’s come back in and played well.

Well done to McNulty and his team. We can ask for little more.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Kidderminster post-match thread on 18:06 - Jan 6 with 6813 viewssooty_dale

Really good win. Quality from Sinclair to break the deadlock and then a well worked second. It seems we have learnt how to see a game out and the players are defending really well. Throwing themselves in front of everything.

We haven't lost at home in the league since the Oldham game on 21st October. Remarkable given our home form in recent years. It's so refreshing leaving Spotland with some results and points. Keep it up Dale
Kidderminster post-match thread on 18:06 - Jan 6 with 6812 viewsisitme

They were awful. Second half we played better and never really looked threatened. With two weeks until the next game hopefully Mitchell and Rodney will be close to fitness and Jez should be available to give us a few more attacking options. If and it's a big if, they can stay fit we could threaten the play offs.
Kidderminster post-match thread on 18:07 - Jan 6 with 6798 viewsnordenblue

First half bit of a non event, second half came to life following Tys superb goal to open them up a bit, very decent debut for Gordon, the more I see of Gilmour the more I think he's far too good for this level, ridiculously good in tight spaces and really tidy on the ball complemented by East too, Hendo the usual older pro pulling the strings.

Fair play to Jim he's got a very honest set of lads pulling their tripe out for him, much more relatable than the absolute chancers of recent seasons.
Kidderminster post-match thread on 18:09 - Jan 6 with 6770 viewsBarrowdale

First half was poor but great turnaround in the second. Chalk and cheese for Sinclair but a good second half. New full back was excellent as was Gilmour. There you go, a positive post!! Well done to all and a big improvement on last game. Lets get some players fit and see where we go!
Kidderminster post-match thread on 18:19 - Jan 6 with 6669 viewsTVOS1907

Kidderminster post-match thread on 18:06 - Jan 6 by sooty_dale

Really good win. Quality from Sinclair to break the deadlock and then a well worked second. It seems we have learnt how to see a game out and the players are defending really well. Throwing themselves in front of everything.

We haven't lost at home in the league since the Oldham game on 21st October. Remarkable given our home form in recent years. It's so refreshing leaving Spotland with some results and points. Keep it up Dale

Also, four consecutive clean sheets at home in the league.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Kidderminster post-match thread on 18:36 - Jan 6 with 6534 viewsmikehunt

And Hendo still full of running, closing down, after 90+ mins shows what a true professional he is. Another dodgy off-side against him (imo)when he managed to round their keeper.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Kidderminster post-match thread on 19:06 - Jan 6 with 6351 views442Dale

When asked about being in a play-off place, with consideration given to those who talk about it as a real target, McNulty is quite clear that we are “massively overachieving” at present.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Kidderminster post-match thread on 19:06 - Jan 6 with 6347 viewsleedsdale

Kidderminster post-match thread on 18:36 - Jan 6 by mikehunt

And Hendo still full of running, closing down, after 90+ mins shows what a true professional he is. Another dodgy off-side against him (imo)when he managed to round their keeper.

I was in line with that “offside” and there is not a chance he was offside.

Good solid win, especially with the players available! Gordon looks a real asset and should only get better with more match fitness. Seemed to offer a bit going forward as well as defensively.

I said to my cousin it would take a mistake or a bit of magic to break the deadlock and for once I was right. Great finish by Sinclair and from then on we were very professional.
Login to get fewer ads

Kidderminster post-match thread on 19:44 - Jan 6 with 6114 viewsDaleFan7

Great result, non event first half when neither team did anything but a bit of magic from Sinclair sparked us into life a bit.

Sinclair and Gordon seemed to link up well. Defence did well with what little they had to deal with. You can see why they're bottom, they were awful.

I was in line with Hendo and said when the ball was passed I thought he was offside.

Should be a confidence boost another win and clean sheet at home with a 2 week break. In the circumstances, being knocked out of the FA Trophy was probably a blessing in disguise.
Kidderminster post-match thread on 20:10 - Jan 6 with 5989 viewsDalenet

And nice to quite a few new families near us....I suspect the extra 200 or so today were returnees after Boxing Day. Refreshment kiosk queue was massive today and out of pies at half time. Hope it doesn't put the disappointed families off from coming back.
Kidderminster post-match thread on 20:40 - Jan 6 with 5792 viewsNorthernDale

I thought Gordon did well in the first half, but seemed to tire in the second, which may be due to a lack of game time this season. The first half was dull and uninspiring, second half was a much improvement, especially with Sinclair's goal and Hendo shows how a good a footballer he is throughout the game.

McNulty is correct in saying we are overachieving, considering the size of the squad and injuries, but we are in a good position at the moment, but we can do as a club and fans, take it, at one game at a time. His updates on injuries was interesting, in that Clayton, Mitchell and Rodney are likely to be out for some decent time yet, but he is hoping Jez will be fit for the Wealdstone game.
Kidderminster post-match thread on 20:52 - Jan 6 with 5698 viewsJames1980

I was moved emotionally by today's game

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Kidderminster post-match thread on 21:02 - Jan 6 with 5652 viewsEllDale

I can only echo much of what has already been posted.
Ok, so the fixtures have fallen right but these teams still need to be beaten.
Kidderminster showed why they are bottom of the league but managed to disrupt Dale with a high press in the first half and had a couple of efforts well blocked in the box.
And Spotland, after all these years, has finally become a bit of a fortress. Four league games, four clean sheets, three wins and a draw. All down to effort, spirit and hard work both on the pitch and at Platt Lane.
The game was becoming becalmed before Sinclair scored and needed something special which he provided. If a Premier League forward scored that goal it would be shown over and again on the television. Added a bit to any transfer fee as well!
I’ve got give a mention to Gilmour. So energetic and such a hard worker, knitting the team together.
A big round of applause for SAJ too. The bloke has predominantly been used as a fullback/wingback for the last four seasons but found himself playing upfront on the left making runs to try and latch onto those booming clearances from Moulden. It didn’t quite happen today but teams are aware of the ploy now and it makes them defend deeper which can’t be a bad thing.
New boy Gordon looks decent as well. A fullback who is comfortable in the air is always a bonus and he linked up well with Sinclair in the first half.
We do lose a fulcrum at the back when Nevett isn’t playing but Taylor is like an old fashioned centrehalf when the ball comes into the box. Defended well for me today.
It’s far too early I guess to be talking about a playoff push. It’s nice to be in touch though despite the injuries.
There’s a lot of football to play though and it will be interesting to see what the squad looks like come February 1st.
A lot of other teams will be shapeshifting as well. I read, for example, that Gateshead are currently really depleted as all their loan players have been recalled by their parent clubs.
[Post edited 6 Jan 21:03]
Kidderminster post-match thread on 21:03 - Jan 6 with 5637 viewsD_Alien

Kidderminster post-match thread on 20:52 - Jan 6 by James1980

I was moved emotionally by today's game

Who needs the railways when you can be transported by emotion

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Kidderminster post-match thread on 21:06 - Jan 6 with 5604 viewsJames1980

Kidderminster post-match thread on 21:03 - Jan 6 by D_Alien

Who needs the railways when you can be transported by emotion

It was the players digging in fighting for the cause

Kidderminster post-match thread on 21:21 - Jan 6 with 5528 viewsSandyman

It wasn't a great game to watch, but...
Given the injury problems and what those remaining players have had demanded from them recently, two great goals and a great team spirit sorted it out for us. Happy for all at The Dale but happier for Jim. He's had the worst set of circumstances a Dale manager has had to deal with for many many years. It would have broken lesser men, or less committed men. Jim hasn't broken, and his remaining players are with him. "Overachieving" he says. Where we are in the league table tonight is fully deserved I say. However difficult Dale can be to watch at times, we have the one thing that is an essential to get by in the lower leagues - a team not individuals. That we have not seen since Hilly in his pomp. Jim has got that essential characteristic back, and deserves all due plaudits for doing so.
Kidderminster post-match thread on 22:01 - Jan 6 with 5358 viewsD_Alien

Kidderminster post-match thread on 21:06 - Jan 6 by James1980

It was the players digging in fighting for the cause

Don't worry, i knew what you meant, we all did

Kidderminster post-match thread on 22:23 - Jan 6 with 5253 viewsD_Alien

We've already scored as many league goals as we did last season

Kidderminster post-match thread on 22:44 - Jan 6 with 5166 viewsmikehunt

One step at a time : What is regarded as the "safe" points total for this division?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Kidderminster post-match thread on 08:46 - Jan 7 with 4692 viewsseasidedale

What was attendance yesterday, must have missed it thanks
Kidderminster post-match thread on 09:23 - Jan 7 with 4592 viewsTVOS1907

Kidderminster post-match thread on 08:46 - Jan 7 by seasidedale

What was attendance yesterday, must have missed it thanks

2507, which was EXACTLY the same as in the return fixture!
[Post edited 7 Jan 15:58]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Kidderminster post-match thread on 10:45 - Jan 7 with 4376 viewsDale_4_Life

First half was a tough watch with no threat from Dale.

Second half much improved and a deserved 3 points.

Special mention for Gordon the kid had a more than decent debut.

Two weeks rest now if we can get some bodies back we could start looking at a crack at the playoffs. Nothing to fear in this league.
Kidderminster post-match thread on 17:40 - Jan 7 with 3809 viewsdingdangblue

Patrick Bamford doing a 'Sinclair'.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Kidderminster post-match thread on 22:49 - Jan 7 with 3399 viewsleedsdale

Kiddy have sacked their manager.
Kidderminster post-match thread on 05:01 - Jan 8 with 3288 viewsJames1980

Kidderminster post-match thread on 22:49 - Jan 7 by leedsdale

Kiddy have sacked their manager.

Some silly fool, me, suggested Penn as a potential candidate for the Dale job.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024