Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful 15:56 - Mar 9 with 10851 viewsEllDale

Shocking last 25 minutes of that half
This is awful on 15:58 - Mar 9 with 5313 viewsDaleFan7

If this is what we're putting up for the rest of the season then make no mistake, we're fully in a relegation battle. It's awful.

They want it more than we do, it's nothing more than that.
This is awful on 16:01 - Mar 9 with 5234 views442Dale

Awful after their first. And they aren’t even any good.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

This is awful on 16:01 - Mar 9 with 5237 viewsSaxonDale

Jez needs to up his game or come off. Defence are getting stick for not passing it forward quick enough but to say he’s looking disinterested is an understatement. Genuinely think he has 0 idea with what to do unless the ball is at his feet (and even with that he’s been poor.)
This is awful on 16:05 - Mar 9 with 5166 viewsD_Alien

This is awful on 16:01 - Mar 9 by 442Dale

Awful after their first. And they aren’t even any good.

Least effective team in the division by some distance, outplaying and outfighting us

It's beyond description, tbh
[Post edited 9 Mar 16:06]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

This is awful on 16:18 - Mar 9 with 5040 viewsYorkshire_Dale

This is awful on 16:05 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

Least effective team in the division by some distance, outplaying and outfighting us

It's beyond description, tbh
[Post edited 9 Mar 16:06]

McNulty's fans would n't have it though.
This is awful on 16:26 - Mar 9 with 4959 viewsYorkshire_Dale

This is awful on 16:01 - Mar 9 by SaxonDale

Jez needs to up his game or come off. Defence are getting stick for not passing it forward quick enough but to say he’s looking disinterested is an understatement. Genuinely think he has 0 idea with what to do unless the ball is at his feet (and even with that he’s been poor.)

He's off at last....Oxford are bottom by right but our shower and McNulty's tactics are making them look like Brazil.
This is awful on 16:27 - Mar 9 with 4937 viewsKnavesmireBob

Clayton and Keohane still sat on the bench is so frustrating when we're crying out for some control and experience. I almost wish we could go back to Jim not having selection options, there was an effective consistency through necessity earlier in the season.
This is awful on 17:19 - Mar 9 with 4563 views442Dale

This is awful on 16:18 - Mar 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

McNulty's fans would n't have it though.

Who are they then?

Seriously, it gains nothing trying to create division at this time. I replied to your post the other day to no response and that’s fine if you’ve nothing further to add, but stop inventing something that isn’t there.

Today was really poor. Again. The middle part of the game was as bad as we’ve seen and again McNulty’s selections and formation did us zero favours at all.

Login to get fewer ads

This is awful on 17:22 - Mar 9 with 4552 viewsDalenet

Not a good spectacle for us or for potential owners was it. Jim must be expecting the sack. Thank god for Hayes...where would we be without him.
This is awful on 17:29 - Mar 9 with 4458 viewsBarrowdale

Its a shame. The players are more than good enough for this league, its McNulty’s tactics causing the problems
This is awful on 17:34 - Mar 9 with 4400 viewsisitme

Too many self inflicted wounds. Brookes has the ball and could throw it to Jez. No a little chip kick to Mitchell is lost and they end up scoring from a corner not long after. Second goal not sure why he is parrying the cross, which looked easy enough to catch. He could have left the ball to go across the face.

After the early goal we should have pushed on and put the game to bed but we didn't. Even after Mather's goal I thought we would win but Rodney blazed over after a brilliant run.

They were awful but we made them look good at times. We are too slow and do not use Hayes enough.
This is awful on 17:37 - Mar 9 with 4363 viewsNotEyreClue

Hayes is absolutely carrying this team and papering over the cracks.

The sad reality is without him, we could genuinely already be in the relegation zone.

No point in having a club to support if we are consigned to the NLN.

Something needs to change and fast.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

This is awful on 17:38 - Mar 9 with 4328 viewsNotEyreClue

Oh and replacing Moulden with Brooks is like replacing Maya Jama with Jackie Stallone.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

This is awful on 17:41 - Mar 9 with 4298 viewsD_Alien

Weird atmosphere at the ground today. A fine mist seemed to hang in the air and though the fans did their best, it wasn't enough to shake the stupor at the club

Once Rodney and Keohane came on we started to gain some impetus but Oxford "injury" tactics and Rodney's glaring miss put paid to any chance to win, which we wouldn't have deserved

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

This is awful on 17:41 - Mar 9 with 4295 viewsdawlishdale

Its awful The fans have been more than supportive of the negative football we have played for the majority of the season .. but it has to stop.

Those who clap at the end of another dismal performance are becoming part of the problem.
This is awful on 17:58 - Mar 9 with 4081 views442Dale

This is awful on 17:41 - Mar 9 by dawlishdale

Its awful The fans have been more than supportive of the negative football we have played for the majority of the season .. but it has to stop.

Those who clap at the end of another dismal performance are becoming part of the problem.

Incredibly harsh to have a go at fans who decide to show appreciation for effort. Because the players have, in the main, put effort in all season long.

That they’re actually turning up every week and still willing to support in such a way is deserving of praise, not being labelled part of a “problem”.
[Post edited 9 Mar 18:00]

This is awful on 18:00 - Mar 9 with 4067 viewsDalenet

This is awful on 17:41 - Mar 9 by dawlishdale

Sorry didn't mean to mark that comment down ...fat fingers I agree with you.
This is awful on 18:32 - Mar 9 with 3803 viewsYorkshire_Dale

This is awful on 17:19 - Mar 9 by 442Dale

Who are they then?

Seriously, it gains nothing trying to create division at this time. I replied to your post the other day to no response and that’s fine if you’ve nothing further to add, but stop inventing something that isn’t there.

Today was really poor. Again. The middle part of the game was as bad as we’ve seen and again McNulty’s selections and formation did us zero favours at all.

A couple of games ago when we had lost ,again ,Mc Nulty spent the post match interview
talking up how the fans were super and singing his name etc so there are plenty around.

I suspect many are loosing faith in him.....are you not his chief apologist? As one wise fan aptly noted last week"If you're constantly getting a pie with no meat in, change your baker"

I don't spend all day on here anymore it's not good, just hope the new guys can get in and sort the Club out from the roots up.
This is awful on 18:33 - Mar 9 with 3789 viewsNorthernDale

After today McNulty must either be put on gardening leave or resign, a team who rock bottom, made us look rubbish, it was a disgrace. No doubt McNulty would come out with his normal BS, but his tactics and team selection was shocking and that is being nice.
This is awful on 18:47 - Mar 9 with 3647 views442Dale

This is awful on 18:32 - Mar 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

A couple of games ago when we had lost ,again ,Mc Nulty spent the post match interview
talking up how the fans were super and singing his name etc so there are plenty around.

I suspect many are loosing faith in him.....are you not his chief apologist? As one wise fan aptly noted last week"If you're constantly getting a pie with no meat in, change your baker"

I don't spend all day on here anymore it's not good, just hope the new guys can get in and sort the Club out from the roots up.

I replied to your message on the subject the other day. If you’re going to ask a similar question today, presumably it’s because you are interested in the response which detailed my views on his tactics and choices. In response to you saying”you’ve changed your tune”, here is that reply again:

—-
No, I haven’t. Go back and read through my posts where I’ve consistently criticised our inability to not mix up play effectively. I’ve also been critical of selections since the turn of the year. Those factors have put real pressure on the manager in the last two months.

Difference is i’m fair and can recognise what we are good at and where the manager has to do better in ensuring that happens. Part of that includes pointing out that people are wrong to say we only play one way and it’s “tripe” when we “pitch up at the COA”. Because it wasn’t seven days ago, was it?

So no, I haven’t changed my tune, I just choose to post after each game and say what I see. Not only those where we lose to score points.

—-

Oh and the fans have been great this season. Nothing wrong with that, it’s been a very trying year and they’ve done all they can to lift the team. Worthy of praise, wherever it comes from.

Please try and take some time to at least read the responses should you choose to individually pinpoint certain posters who you believe (wrongly in this case) to back the manager unconditionally.

Or, just wait until our next defeat to do it again. Up to you.
[Post edited 9 Mar 18:49]

This is awful on 19:02 - Mar 9 with 3527 viewskel

This is awful on 17:29 - Mar 9 by Barrowdale

Its a shame. The players are more than good enough for this league, its McNulty’s tactics causing the problems

Welcome back…
This is awful on 19:54 - Mar 9 with 3212 viewsEllDale

The daft thing is, had we managed to sneak a second goal when it was 1-0 then Oxford could have folded.
Mather and EEL both missed chances.
The criminal thing about the first half and the opening portion of the second was how Hayes was starved of the ball.
Perhaps BJ picks Jes on the off chance that he’ll have one of his better games but today wasn’t one of those.
In cricketing parlance he’s either 0 or 99 but the good games don’t happen often enough. He just can’t decide what to do when he’s got the ball.
Everything went in his direction rather than of Hayes though: without wanting to overcomplicate things could it be because we have a preponderance of left footed players (Gilmour, East, Nevett, John) who find it easier to pass it to that side?
Once Jes went off and Mather went onto the left with Rodney playing in the pocket Hayes started to see that ball and things perked up a bit.
As for Brooks……I felt sorry for him the second half. His confidence looked shot and his kicking fell apart. EEL had to really keep talking to him and there was the ridiculous moment when he let Nevett take a goal kick and he chipped it straight to one of their players 40 yards out. If they’d managed a shot on target I wonder if he’d have been able to save it.
Oh, and was there any tactical master plan involved in warming up at the opposite end?
Lord knows what any potential investor have thought who might have been watching.
It was so bad at halftime I’d decided that I probably wouldn’t be coming again this season. After the last 15 minutes I’m open to persuasion again but I’m rapidly coming to the conclusion that BJ should probably follow BBM into Academy football.
This is awful on 20:18 - Mar 9 with 3045 viewsSandyman

What happens on training days at Platt Lane with a supposedly professional set up?

Again, we're watching players in blue and black that look like eleven strangers who are decent enough players with no clue what to do.

McNulty is Mr Likeable and his media has been good. The football he has offered us recently apart from two decent spells in two games has been down there with the worst ever, considering we are in the lowest league RAFC has played in in living memory.

We are in the same league as Oxford City on merit. They may well be bottom of the league and played like it, but they looked far better than us.

I had fears about giving Big Jim the job at the end of last season. A few decent results and it looked like I was wrong. He did OK in difficult circumstances. After today, 5 points gained from the last 27 available and the relegation zone not too far away. Make your own minds up. Talk about background "noise" in post-match interviews is plausible, but not an excuse for not doing what he is paid to do. Produce a decent footballing side and boy, is he not doing that right now.
This is awful on 20:37 - Mar 9 with 2937 viewsnordenblue

This is awful on 20:18 - Mar 9 by Sandyman

What happens on training days at Platt Lane with a supposedly professional set up?

Again, we're watching players in blue and black that look like eleven strangers who are decent enough players with no clue what to do.

McNulty is Mr Likeable and his media has been good. The football he has offered us recently apart from two decent spells in two games has been down there with the worst ever, considering we are in the lowest league RAFC has played in in living memory.

We are in the same league as Oxford City on merit. They may well be bottom of the league and played like it, but they looked far better than us.

I had fears about giving Big Jim the job at the end of last season. A few decent results and it looked like I was wrong. He did OK in difficult circumstances. After today, 5 points gained from the last 27 available and the relegation zone not too far away. Make your own minds up. Talk about background "noise" in post-match interviews is plausible, but not an excuse for not doing what he is paid to do. Produce a decent footballing side and boy, is he not doing that right now.

You do wonder what they actually practice or train towards as far, far more often than not what he turns in practice out on the pitch is absolutely shite, if that's down to the players not understanding what he's trying to ask them to do im not sure, again that's down to his management "skills".

After the Altrincham game away I said to myself that's me for spending money this season watching that, so much so I took my little lad to Old Trafford today as got offered tickets and he's been mithering to go, jesus wept and they think they've got problems on the pitch...... you have to feel for Jim and as likeable a chap as he clearly is, I'm just not sure he's a first team manager type of character.
This is awful on 20:59 - Mar 9 with 2818 viewsEllDale

I thought today’s attendance held up well considering recent home games (Wealdstone notwithstanding) and negligible away presence.
How many will turn up on Tuesday is another matter. I can’t be there because of a long-standing family birthday so I’ll get my excuse in now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024