Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale 15:00 - Mar 14 with 11086 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale 14th Mar 2024 15:00
Dale’s first trip to Eastleigh on Saturday will be refereed by PAUL JOHNSON. 1

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:09 - Mar 16 with 4735 viewsrichfoad32

Pretty emphatic win, in complete control for most of the game. Should finally put to bed any lingering doubts about being dragged into any relegation battle, on that evidence though Eastleigh will be looking nervously over their shoulders tonight.
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:09 - Mar 16 with 4736 viewsD_Alien

An emphatic win which means we're safe (outside events apart) for this season

A follow-up win against Maidenhead would provide an 'interesting' situation going into Easter week and just afterwards with fixtures against two teams on the edge of the playoffs

Is it too late for a final push up the table? Our dire home form has cost us where we should have been, but at least our prospects are looking up again, not down

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:12 - Mar 16 with 4681 viewsrichfoad32

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:01 - Mar 16 by judd

Plus a stunner at home

Kairo's missus is hot?
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:15 - Mar 16 with 4635 viewsfrequency

Tell her to take a coat off

Hate city

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:17 - Mar 16 with 4586 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Awesome result , sounds like a great performance. Credit where it's due.
Finally, building a bit of momentum and confidence and goals for!

The trip home will be a lot better tonight for a change. And we only have one more trip darn sarf to Southend after this.........
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:17 - Mar 16 with 4580 viewsBigKindo

Is that our first double of the season?
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:38 - Mar 16 with 4358 viewsNigelWatson

The club needs to put a new five year contract in front of Jim McNulty ASAP, otherwise he will get poached by another club.
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:45 - Mar 16 with 4312 viewsEllDale

Can I just say thanks again to the anonymous benefactor who helped the Squadbuilder fund pay for Hayes to return?
Login to get fewer ads

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:51 - Mar 16 with 4256 viewskel

Great result and glad those who made the journey were rewarded.

There’ll be some tears on the West Coast tonight.
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:52 - Mar 16 with 4251 viewsNorthernDale

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:09 - Mar 16 by D_Alien

A follow-up win against Maidenhead would provide an 'interesting' situation going into Easter week and just afterwards with fixtures against two teams on the edge of the playoffs

Is it too late for a final push up the table? Our dire home form has cost us where we should have been, but at least our prospects are looking up again, not down

If we did it, I think we would have to win the remaining 7 games and hope results go our way.

If the takeover is achieved, I think we should try to keep the vast majority of the squad together, with only a few leaving and sign a few quality players for next season (if possibly Hayes as well). If we can do this, we may be serious contenders for the top seven, because our squad is a decent squad at this level.
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:55 - Mar 16 with 4223 viewsnordenblue

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:45 - Mar 16 by EllDale

Can I just say thanks again to the anonymous benefactor who helped the Squadbuilder fund pay for Hayes to return?

Hes been a massive plus in this side, a shame something can't be worked out longer term as he clearly loves the place too, it's sadly ridiculously obvious he's far too good for this level though
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 18:10 - Mar 16 with 4081 viewsfrenzied

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:55 - Mar 16 by nordenblue

Hes been a massive plus in this side, a shame something can't be worked out longer term as he clearly loves the place too, it's sadly ridiculously obvious he's far too good for this level though

Nail on the head m8...another league one club will snap him up if Fleetwood offload him..no point in him staying at Dale needs to move whilst his street value is high..been great to have him here for as long as we have
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 18:13 - Mar 16 with 4030 viewsEllDale

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:52 - Mar 16 by NorthernDale

If we did it, I think we would have to win the remaining 7 games and hope results go our way.

If the takeover is achieved, I think we should try to keep the vast majority of the squad together, with only a few leaving and sign a few quality players for next season (if possibly Hayes as well). If we can do this, we may be serious contenders for the top seven, because our squad is a decent squad at this level.

It’s all going to boil down to the playing budget and I don’t think anyone has an idea of what that look like.There’s a fair few out of contract as well.
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 18:28 - Mar 16 with 3877 viewsBigKindo

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 18:13 - Mar 16 by EllDale

It’s all going to boil down to the playing budget and I don’t think anyone has an idea of what that look like.There’s a fair few out of contract as well.

... some of whom are allegedly on unsustainable high salaries agreed by Stockdale.
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 18:54 - Mar 16 with 3693 viewsDaleiLama

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:09 - Mar 16 by D_Alien

For me, the biggest barrier to success for the rest of this season and beyond is consistency. The factors contributing to this have been discussed ad infinitum, including injuries, team selection, slow pace, desire, playing style etc etc. All this notwithstanding, however, individual form has been puzzling. In not a fan of calling individuals out as it achieves nothing, but I remember Devante had a forgettable outing and was subbed early 2nd half (he may have been returning from injury?) whilst Jes looked good in that game. The following week Jes was really out of sorts and Devante started this run of looking really threatening.

This inconsistency could also be a determinant in BJ's future too. I think he's shown enough to keep his job through a recruitment window, with a view to strengthening the squad and seeing if we can play as we can more often (cash permitting). I'm certainly not 100% convinced he is the answer, but he gets my benefit of the doubt after motivating a team which doesn't know if they'll still be paid in 2 weeks time to get a tidy 4-1 away win.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 18:54 - Mar 16 with 3691 viewskel

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 17:38 - Mar 16 by NigelWatson

The club needs to put a new five year contract in front of Jim McNulty ASAP, otherwise he will get poached by another club.

But he’s a scouser, Nidge.
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 19:30 - Mar 16 with 3456 viewsfermin

Enjoyable day out and good performance but they played onto our hands by not pressurising the back 4 and the keeper. They allowed us so much time unlike other teams. Nice of the opposition goalkeeper to gift us a goal for a change. Second goal was a lovely move with first time passes.
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 21:05 - Mar 16 with 3047 views999Dale

Thought we were well worthy of the win and Eastleigh didnt even deserve 1 goal. The pitch helped our passing game massively. It was like a carpet and we took full advantage.

Eastleigh had 2 lumps up front and their tactic was to get the ball wide and cross it early. We passed it around them from goal kicks and they couldn't get near us. Today was a game where Jim's tactics worked. Probably the polar opposite to Tuesday night.
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 21:31 - Mar 16 with 2920 viewsdale1968

Thought the performance from start to finish was superb.
And the pitch helped us massively allowing smooth passing without fear of it hitting a divet...
Still dont like this tippy tappy passing across the back but a very good week on the pitch.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 00:04 - Mar 17 with 2544 viewsSandyman

After four games of well below par performances, it's great to see such a comprehensive result and, by all accounts, this Dale team at their best. Just what supporters need when things are difficult off the pitch. A big well done to Jim and the players. More of the same please!
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 05:54 - Mar 17 with 2390 viewsNigelWatson

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 18:54 - Mar 16 by kel

But he’s a scouser, Nidge.

And you're a Marxist
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 06:40 - Mar 17 with 2339 viewsJames1980

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 05:54 - Mar 17 by NigelWatson

And you're a Marxist

I don't recall seeing Kel expressing a preferred political ideology.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 07:21 - Mar 17 with 2299 viewskel

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 06:40 - Mar 17 by James1980

Correct, James, I haven’t.

It appears my comment has gone right over Nidge’s head (not difficult - he’s not the sharpest) as well as the poster who marked it down (who was adamant he had me on ignore a bit back 😂). Eastleigh must have been stingy on the food and drink yesterday and he’s got a cob on.
[Post edited 17 Mar 7:22]
Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 10:43 - Mar 17 with 1926 viewsD_Alien

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 06:40 - Mar 17 by James1980

Maybe Nidge meant Groucho?

Who knows what emanates through the tin foil

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Refwatch: Eastleigh v Rochdale on 11:18 - Mar 17 with 1824 viewsJames1980

I always wondered who Nidge is referring to when he says McStalin

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024