Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement. Deal done 16:07 - May 9 with 15773 viewsturnthescrew

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/may/clubstatement_090524/
Club Statement. Deal done on 12:23 - May 10 with 4945 viewsEllDale

They used to be a shirt sponsor so there must have been a link somewhere.
It doesn’t have to be the stores, the Co-op bank would do. Nice clean sponsorship unlike beer or gambling.
But let’s not fall out with Crown Oil though.
Club Statement. Deal done on 12:35 - May 10 with 4867 viewsJames1980

Club Statement. Deal done on 12:23 - May 10 by EllDale

They used to be a shirt sponsor so there must have been a link somewhere.
It doesn’t have to be the stores, the Co-op bank would do. Nice clean sponsorship unlike beer or gambling.
But let’s not fall out with Crown Oil though.

Perhaps they could sponsor the new training facility.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Club Statement. Deal done on 12:56 - May 10 with 4789 viewsBigKindo

Club Statement. Deal done on 12:07 - May 10 by TalkingSutty

Sometimes it depends on who is doing the knocking and how loud you knock, give it a good bang. You have to make sure you are knocking on the correct door also. Go back and knock again with a different knocker, take Andy Burnham with you to help, the Manchester Mayor. The Co-Op could do with some good publicity at the moment and helping the club would seem like a no brainer.
[Post edited 10 May 12:19]

At this time I would think that the Co-ops minds are concentrated on the proposal to sell their banking division to Coventry Building Society.
Club Statement. Deal done on 12:57 - May 10 with 4788 viewsTrev

Amazing news that this is over the line. I feel more confident about our future than I have for a long time, possibly ever.

I'll admit that I would have preferred to see SG and JM relieved of their duties but I can see the thinking behind maintaining some continuity. With the new team on board I'm confident that anybody not pulling their weight won't last very long. We have mega successful people calling the shots and I'm looking forward to seeing standard's improve in all areas.

On the pitch a 3 year aim to get back in the EFL seems fair. Having seen the standard this year I'm sure a play off push is the real expectation.

Up the Dale
Club Statement. Deal done on 13:13 - May 10 with 4704 views442Dale

The past is indeed the past, but rewriting history to suit an argument doesn’t help achieve progress in the future either.

Nobody was under any illusions about the club’s position over the last few months, the facts are that the Ogdens have provided us with a future with help from many others in getting the deal done. Some of the other events leading up to this point in time don’t reflect well on our club, but that’s probably part of any journey that ends with a positive conclusion.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club Statement. Deal done on 13:42 - May 10 with 4620 viewsJames1980

Now what does Nidge think about this takeover

Club Statement. Deal done on 18:18 - May 10 with 4275 viewsR17ALE

Fantastic news. The last few years have been wearisome and worrying. Thank God they're gone.

There's no guarantees the Ogden family will be the second coming but, all of their statements so far are free from the bull shit which usually accompanies takeovers elsewhere that we've seen. There's no bones being thrown to supporters, no confident predictions, no claims to be lifelong fans etc. In fact there is nothing resembling the out and out lies some of our former Directors/employees were guilty of spewing out every time they opened their mouths.

Their rhetoric so far has been understated, quietly delivered, and is unflappable and a bit deadpan. You only have to listen to SPO on you tube to quickly ascertain that he's all of the above, measured, and not prone to the sort of extreme mood swings that we'd often associate with football people.

A breath of fresh air.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Club Statement. Deal done on 18:47 - May 10 with 4179 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Club Statement. Deal done on 10:36 - May 10 by James1980

I know it's wrong to tar all 'fans' with the same brush but I think the vile abuse received by board members on social media probably contributed to the radio silence. pulling up the drawbridge, dropping the portcullis and circling the wagons.
Would an apology from Simon for his comments at the EGM be accepted?

Maybe so Jimbo, but SG must have been under massive pressure at that time....no one knew that our saviours were not a million miles away. Personally, cut him some slack.
Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement. Deal done on 19:52 - May 10 with 4034 viewsJames1980

Club Statement. Deal done on 18:47 - May 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Maybe so Jimbo, but SG must have been under massive pressure at that time....no one knew that our saviours were not a million miles away. Personally, cut him some slack.

I think in a roundabout way I was saying if there's an apology for those comments should we cut he be cut slack.

Club Statement. Deal done on 21:04 - May 10 with 3887 viewsTVOS1907

Club Statement. Deal done on 13:42 - May 10 by James1980

Now what does Nidge think about this takeover

I wouldn't give him airtime, James.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club Statement. Deal done on 23:47 - May 10 with 3664 viewspioneer

Club Statement. Deal done on 19:52 - May 10 by James1980

I think in a roundabout way I was saying if there's an apology for those comments should we cut he be cut slack.

Time to look forward not back and judge people on what they do in the new era.
Club Statement. Deal done on 07:54 - May 11 with 3472 viewsTalkingSutty

Club Statement. Deal done on 23:47 - May 10 by pioneer

Time to look forward not back and judge people on what they do in the new era.

Great advice, it's been a very stressful time for everybody associated with the club. I would imagine nobody was under more stress than the Chairman, i think we saw that play out in public at the end. We have all been the victim of a terrible set of circumstances and that always needs to be remembered. They would have killed the club if they could, nobody played a bigger part than Simon Gauge when it came to stopping that from happening. Let's now all move forward as one and draw a line under this whole sorry saga, a new slate for everybody and the start of a new era. The season ticket prices are spot on, I'm looking forward to buying a couple on the first day of sale.
[Post edited 11 May 8:00]
Club Statement. Deal done on 10:42 - May 11 with 3291 viewsdawlishdale

Absolutely delighted with this news. Probably more than we could have wished for in terms of the future of the club.

Huge thanks to the individuals who made this happen...they know who they are and probably won't seek public praise, but we should be eternally grateful for their part in this .

Let's look forward to the coming season with pride and a little optimism. Seems a long time since we united to rid ourselves of the wrongdoings of Bottomley; but we should never ever forget how close he came to ruining the club that we all love.

Up the Dale
Club Statement. Deal done on 09:27 - May 12 with 2802 viewskel

Club Statement. Deal done on 06:41 - May 10 by rochedale

Couldn’t ask for better news. I do wish SG would’ve taken his money rather than shares. Not that I or many others wanted to make money on our shares, but, unless I’m mistaken, and please correct me if I am, if we were to break even our shares’ value would need to rise nearly 10 fold, if that does happen, SG will be in profit to the tune of £5m! Should’ve just taken your money Simon.

Did you give the Ogden’s your approval via LinkedIn or in the Dale Bar?
Club Statement. Deal done on 12:58 - May 13 with 2247 viewsrochedale

Club Statement. Deal done on 09:27 - May 12 by kel

No

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Club Statement. Deal done on 13:00 - May 13 with 2241 viewsrochedale

Club Statement. Deal done on 09:27 - May 12 by kel

Are they happy for us on the Amber and Black forum?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Club Statement. Deal done on 13:22 - May 13 with 2177 viewskel

Club Statement. Deal done on 13:00 - May 13 by rochedale

Dunno, don’t post on it much these days.

Makes people cry.
Club Statement. Deal done on 07:50 - May 14 with 1679 viewsgriff

Yes, we are.

THIUS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ON BEHAVE OFF OF THE AMBER AND BLACK FORUM
Club Statement. Deal done on 12:19 - May 14 with 1406 viewswatford_dale

Club Statement. Deal done on 12:35 - May 10 by James1980

Perhaps they could sponsor the new training facility.

Co-op have agreed to sponsor the co-op live venue in eastlands to the tune of £100m over 15 years.

Start playing winning football and the sponsors should come but what is the attraction to sponsor us right now? Going to need at least a season to turn it around.
Club Statement. Deal done on 14:00 - May 14 with 1228 viewsTalkingSutty

Club Statement. Deal done on 12:19 - May 14 by watford_dale

Co-op have agreed to sponsor the co-op live venue in eastlands to the tune of £100m over 15 years.

Start playing winning football and the sponsors should come but what is the attraction to sponsor us right now? Going to need at least a season to turn it around.

Loads of attraction to sponsor us now, maybe more than ever before. The start of a new era with quality owners at the helm and a three year plan that is achievable with a bit of luck. Things are going to change, they have to do because the way the club operated before was obviously not working. The Ogdens are intelligent people they will know that. A new positive mindset for everybody and that in turn will attract sponsorship. Let's face it, no sponsors want to be associated with negativity and talk of doom and gloom. We've had enough of all that. McNulty deserved to be given next season, with a larger playing budget we should see better performances hopefully.
[Post edited 14 May 14:05]
Club Statement. Deal done on 14:31 - May 14 with 1153 viewsChauncey

It’s obvious that you haven’t visited there for a while
Club Statement. Deal done on 14:40 - May 14 with 1115 views49thseason

Club Statement. Deal done on 14:00 - May 14 by TalkingSutty

Loads of attraction to sponsor us now, maybe more than ever before. The start of a new era with quality owners at the helm and a three year plan that is achievable with a bit of luck. Things are going to change, they have to do because the way the club operated before was obviously not working. The Ogdens are intelligent people they will know that. A new positive mindset for everybody and that in turn will attract sponsorship. Let's face it, no sponsors want to be associated with negativity and talk of doom and gloom. We've had enough of all that. McNulty deserved to be given next season, with a larger playing budget we should see better performances hopefully.
[Post edited 14 May 14:05]

I have spent some time looking at what goes on at Harvard Business School, exceptional is understatement,. One ofmits key strengths is is Alumni which numbers something like 85,000 members including Sir Peter and Cameron Ogden, members are encouraged to reach out to other members to get help to improve their businesses.... they also seem to want their students to have big ideas and implement them!
I looked at a 3 day course on Media, Entertainment and Sports ( $12k) amongst the participants were Oliver Khan, (goalkeeper) Tim Cahill ( former Everton player and now possible Evertion take- over deal negotiator) and TV actor Eric Christian Olsen from NCIS LA...
https://www.exed.hbs.edu/business-entertainment-media-sports/
Club Statement. Deal done on 15:41 - May 14 with 1009 viewsTalkingSutty

Club Statement. Deal done on 14:40 - May 14 by 49thseason

I have spent some time looking at what goes on at Harvard Business School, exceptional is understatement,. One ofmits key strengths is is Alumni which numbers something like 85,000 members including Sir Peter and Cameron Ogden, members are encouraged to reach out to other members to get help to improve their businesses.... they also seem to want their students to have big ideas and implement them!
I looked at a 3 day course on Media, Entertainment and Sports ( $12k) amongst the participants were Oliver Khan, (goalkeeper) Tim Cahill ( former Everton player and now possible Evertion take- over deal negotiator) and TV actor Eric Christian Olsen from NCIS LA...
https://www.exed.hbs.edu/business-entertainment-media-sports/

Very good. I'm still waiting for you to shed more light into the alleged plot at the EGM to oust the Chairman, you didn't reply on the thread. I've asked several people also in attendance and nobody seems to have a clue about what you are suggesting? The vote on the night was only ever going to go in one direction, every shareholder in the room that night was aware of that. It was always going to be by a very large margin also. Come on, put some flesh on the bones please and who was lined up to step into his shoes?

It's always seemed very obvious to me that without the Supporters Trust backing and importantly their members, it would be virtually impossible to remove the Chairman. I've contacted the Trust twice in relation to this over the last 18 months and been given pretty short shrift on both occasions, the Trust Committee have been fully behind the Chairman and given me a reasoned explanation regarding why they disagreed with my opinion. A grown up exchange with no animosity involved and that's exactly how it should be. I find it very hard to believe there was a plot to oust the Chairman on the night because it would have been impossible to implement without the will of the majority in the room, including the Trust. As i pointed out, the landscape has now changed and the Chairman has help, he will be better for it.
[Post edited 14 May 16:04]
Club Statement. Deal done on 17:44 - May 14 with 843 viewsSuddenLad

Club Statement. Deal done on 15:41 - May 14 by TalkingSutty

Very good. I'm still waiting for you to shed more light into the alleged plot at the EGM to oust the Chairman, you didn't reply on the thread. I've asked several people also in attendance and nobody seems to have a clue about what you are suggesting? The vote on the night was only ever going to go in one direction, every shareholder in the room that night was aware of that. It was always going to be by a very large margin also. Come on, put some flesh on the bones please and who was lined up to step into his shoes?

It's always seemed very obvious to me that without the Supporters Trust backing and importantly their members, it would be virtually impossible to remove the Chairman. I've contacted the Trust twice in relation to this over the last 18 months and been given pretty short shrift on both occasions, the Trust Committee have been fully behind the Chairman and given me a reasoned explanation regarding why they disagreed with my opinion. A grown up exchange with no animosity involved and that's exactly how it should be. I find it very hard to believe there was a plot to oust the Chairman on the night because it would have been impossible to implement without the will of the majority in the room, including the Trust. As i pointed out, the landscape has now changed and the Chairman has help, he will be better for it.
[Post edited 14 May 16:04]

I doubt it could have happened even if there was 'a plot to oust him'. It would have needed a special EGM at a later date, so it was never going to happen there and then.

Yes, there was discussion about the manner in which he conducted the meeting (quite rightly) and dispute about the picture he painted, and things that he DIDN'T tell us that others seemed to be aware of, but, like you, I'm not aware of any lurking plot to remove him on the night of the EGM.

As stated elsewhere, he was a man under immense pressure, trying to save a football club from extinction and I have openly criticised him and his attitude towards fans previously. That said, I don't think anyone on here can have been envious of the position he was in and none of us can be sure that we would have done any better, or anything different.

That phase of our clubs' existence is now firmly behind us, hopefully forever. We have all come through it scarred, but ready to fight on and the co-Chairman now has some of the best brains possible alongside him to see him and the club into calmer and warmer waters.

We must consign the past to where it belongs and leave it there. It's a bad memory, but there are many good memories yet to be made. Let's get on and do it together.

Up the Dale.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement. Deal done on 18:14 - May 14 with 750 viewsD_Alien

Club Statement. Deal done on 17:44 - May 14 by SuddenLad

I doubt it could have happened even if there was 'a plot to oust him'. It would have needed a special EGM at a later date, so it was never going to happen there and then.

Yes, there was discussion about the manner in which he conducted the meeting (quite rightly) and dispute about the picture he painted, and things that he DIDN'T tell us that others seemed to be aware of, but, like you, I'm not aware of any lurking plot to remove him on the night of the EGM.

As stated elsewhere, he was a man under immense pressure, trying to save a football club from extinction and I have openly criticised him and his attitude towards fans previously. That said, I don't think anyone on here can have been envious of the position he was in and none of us can be sure that we would have done any better, or anything different.

That phase of our clubs' existence is now firmly behind us, hopefully forever. We have all come through it scarred, but ready to fight on and the co-Chairman now has some of the best brains possible alongside him to see him and the club into calmer and warmer waters.

We must consign the past to where it belongs and leave it there. It's a bad memory, but there are many good memories yet to be made. Let's get on and do it together.

Up the Dale.

"Let's get on and do it together"

I can assent to the first part, whilst politely declining your kind but intimate offer

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024