Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth at Home on the 18th 09:31 - Jan 7 with 7217 viewsaleanddale

So Plymouth have a replay v Port Vale on the 14th - 4 days before they make the long trip to Spotland.

They have hit a bit of form of late but this must help our cause. Lets hope they go out on Pens after a gruelling 120 mins.

I wonder what the Spotland crowd will be on the 18th ( Our next home game ) and will we get some back who came to the Leeds game as a one off but enjoyed themselves?.

Even if 100 came back that would be a success.

Call to Arms - Never has it been easier to encourage a floating occasional fan.
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 17:00 - Jan 11 with 1849 views442Dale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 12:26 - Jan 7 by aleanddale

for sure Plymouth at Spotland on the 18th ( and the run up ) is the biggest open goal we will see all season.

fingers crossed the chance gets slammed home with no faffing about!!.

It's only a yard out too.

Getting people in the ground has to be the aim, forget the amount of profit. There HAS to be something happening when those Macc/Sheff Wed tickets go on open sale.

They don't have to cut the price for the Plymouth game, but it's the easiest thing to do and never will the floating fan be easier to target as they see today's result and check on how they can get a Cup ticket.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2014 17:06]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 17:04 - Jan 11 with 1814 viewsSuddenLad

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 17:00 - Jan 11 by 442Dale

It's only a yard out too.

Getting people in the ground has to be the aim, forget the amount of profit. There HAS to be something happening when those Macc/Sheff Wed tickets go on open sale.

They don't have to cut the price for the Plymouth game, but it's the easiest thing to do and never will the floating fan be easier to target as they see today's result and check on how they can get a Cup ticket.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2014 17:06]

I hope we ARE playing Leeds again. That would be great

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 17:07 - Jan 11 with 1781 views442Dale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 17:04 - Jan 11 by SuddenLad

I hope we ARE playing Leeds again. That would be great

We could tell them we are....

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 17:33 - Jan 11 with 1725 viewsHopwoodblue

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 13:47 - Jan 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

I was a big fan of "Spoon Head"

His girlfriend used to play for the supporters club team, when I played, thats how bad things were back in those days.
We were lucky if we had eleven away fans in total.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 08:50 - Jan 13 with 1585 viewsaleanddale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 17:33 - Jan 11 by Hopwoodblue

His girlfriend used to play for the supporters club team, when I played, thats how bad things were back in those days.
We were lucky if we had eleven away fans in total.

well we should invite her back.

Plymouth is ladies day!!!

Is the club not in touch with us fans there is a reason for 3pm Saturday footy and bringing the missus isnt it!!!!!!!

not sure this was the promotion I had in mind but fair play something is happening...
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 09:22 - Jan 13 with 1549 viewsCamdenDale

I was a big fan of "Spoon Head"

So was I. Feckin useless mind. File a couple of places above Deano Walling.
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 10:10 - Jan 13 with 1507 viewsdingdangblue

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 13:21 - Jan 8 by judd

Jordan Rhodes

David Perkins

Steve Whitehall, Rickie Lambert, Glenn Murray, Clive Platt, Reuben Reid, Andy Bishop, Chris Dagnall, Kevin Townson,Marc Richards,Gary Madine,Danny Livesey,Paul Simpson.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 10:37]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:11 - Jan 13 with 1507 viewsdingdangblue

Jordan Rhodes

David Perkins

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:13 - Jan 13 with 1505 viewsdingdangblue

Jordan Rhodes

David Perkins

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 10:36 - Jan 13 with 1484 views442Dale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 08:50 - Jan 13 by aleanddale

well we should invite her back.

Plymouth is ladies day!!!

Is the club not in touch with us fans there is a reason for 3pm Saturday footy and bringing the missus isnt it!!!!!!!

not sure this was the promotion I had in mind but fair play something is happening...

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/ladiesday-201314-1285918.aspx

Can women not transfer to stand or sit with friends/family in other stands?

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 10:45 - Jan 13 with 1470 viewsMass_Debater

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 10:10 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

Steve Whitehall, Rickie Lambert, Glenn Murray, Clive Platt, Reuben Reid, Andy Bishop, Chris Dagnall, Kevin Townson,Marc Richards,Gary Madine,Danny Livesey,Paul Simpson.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 10:37]

Remarkable number of forwards on there.

Who'd a thought it?
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 11:37 - Jan 13 with 1416 viewsdingdangblue

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 10:45 - Jan 13 by Mass_Debater

Remarkable number of forwards on there.

Who'd a thought it?

Well dismiss it all you want , but its generally regarded in football that ex players (yes mostly forwards) do come back and score against an old club - it happens loads. Bloody hell Reuben Reid has done it for 3 clubs against us since Hilly sent him packing. I expect him to score on Saturday.

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 12:36 - Jan 13 with 1353 viewsMass_Debater

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 11:37 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

Well dismiss it all you want , but its generally regarded in football that ex players (yes mostly forwards) do come back and score against an old club - it happens loads. Bloody hell Reuben Reid has done it for 3 clubs against us since Hilly sent him packing. I expect him to score on Saturday.

They score against other clubs as well.
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 12:52 - Jan 13 with 1324 viewspaulscho

How many will Plymouth bring up ,around 500 i think .
Two interesting fixtures on Saturday that could help our situation .
Maybe a little help from Flicker at Giggle lane and also Southend v Chesterfield .

livinginadalewonderland

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 13:14 - Jan 13 with 1284 views100notout

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 12:52 - Jan 13 by paulscho

Maybe a little help from Flicker at Giggle lane and also Southend v Chesterfield .

Aye. All the more important we do the business and get 3 points.

edit plus we need to convince the floaters to turn up for the cup game.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 13:15]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 13:21 - Jan 13 with 1290 viewsdingdangblue

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 12:36 - Jan 13 by Mass_Debater

They score against other clubs as well.

I didn't see that coming.

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 13:52 - Jan 13 with 1240 viewsaleanddale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 12:52 - Jan 13 by paulscho

Yep

but as others have put lets just worry about putting in a top ( winning ) display and the table will look after itself.

Primary importance 3 points.

secondary a bit of luck elsewhere....
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 13:55 - Jan 13 with 1237 viewsaleanddale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 10:36 - Jan 13 by 442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/ladiesday-201314-1285918.aspx

Can women not transfer to stand or sit with friends/family in other stands?

Its a very good point.

Can you imagine being a sandy or main stand regular and decide to encourage your missus or whoever to attend and they have to sit in a different stand!!.

Actually this ladies day offer should be open to the Plymouth fans too for the away end and advertised as such IMHO.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 13:56]
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 14:08 - Jan 13 with 1215 viewsYouTubeDale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 13:52 - Jan 13 by aleanddale

Yep

but as others have put lets just worry about putting in a top ( winning ) display and the table will look after itself.

Primary importance 3 points.

secondary a bit of luck elsewhere....

I know for bury every game is a Cup final, well every other game...

But Hilly is right when he says we are on countdown now and every game should be seen as a Cup final. The only game that counts is our next game, and every effort should be put into it. Football cliches but as we know there is a lot of psychology involved and Keith is good at it.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 16:27 - Jan 13 with 1144 viewsNigeriamark

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 14:08 - Jan 13 by YouTubeDale

I know for bury every game is a Cup final, well every other game...

But Hilly is right when he says we are on countdown now and every game should be seen as a Cup final. The only game that counts is our next game, and every effort should be put into it. Football cliches but as we know there is a lot of psychology involved and Keith is good at it.

Think it's important we win this because with the best will in the world the players minds v chesterfield will be on the cup game 4 days later. Not saying we won't get a result there but no one will want a card or injury

If offered the choice of 4 points ( or even 3) for the next 2 games I would grab it
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 17:55 - Jan 13 with 1076 viewsdownunder

Branston is still at Plymouth!

OK everybody...do not Bring out the Branston jokes.
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:11 - Jan 13 with 1029 views442Dale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 13:55 - Jan 13 by aleanddale

Its a very good point.

Can you imagine being a sandy or main stand regular and decide to encourage your missus or whoever to attend and they have to sit in a different stand!!.

Actually this ladies day offer should be open to the Plymouth fans too for the away end and advertised as such IMHO.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 13:56]

What if a mum reads it and decides she'd like to take her kids along too, how does it work alongside the children's/Family Stand tickets? Shouldn't there be a link to other ticket prices?

Think of what info is being issued and what the potential questions are.

In fact, can someone point us to what the Family Stand prices are; is it still there? Can't see any mention in this.
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:27 - Jan 13 with 1003 viewspnc4eva1

Both clubs go into the game with a similar run of form.

The question is how much effort will the Port Vale game and subsequent travelling affect the stamina of the Plymouth players. The trip back and forth will take around 4/5 hours each way so the team coach would arrive back in Plymouth in the early hours of Wednesday morning. This would reduce the amount of training that players can undergo between Wednesday and Saturday.

Also the trip back to the Dale game will take up to 6 hours so that will be another journey when players are sitting on a coach for a long time. All the travelling will take its toll.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:32 - Jan 13 with 992 viewsSuddenLad

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:11 - Jan 13 by 442Dale

What if a mum reads it and decides she'd like to take her kids along too, how does it work alongside the children's/Family Stand tickets? Shouldn't there be a link to other ticket prices?

Think of what info is being issued and what the potential questions are.

In fact, can someone point us to what the Family Stand prices are; is it still there? Can't see any mention in this.
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/

I enquired about the family stand prices at the beginning of the season. As such, a separate price structure no longer exists as all children are allowed in for £5 (over 7 years of age and under 16).

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:42 - Jan 13 with 978 views442Dale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:32 - Jan 13 by SuddenLad

I enquired about the family stand prices at the beginning of the season. As such, a separate price structure no longer exists as all children are allowed in for £5 (over 7 years of age and under 16).

Ah right, cheers.

Worth noting from the Trust website some clarification for those under 7
http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1049

"Members Questions:

Q) I enquired at the Ticket Office about a Free season ticket for my 5 year old. Was told as I didn’t ask for a kids ticket when I purchased my own Main Stand Season Ticket back in April. I couldn’t have one. If the tickets are free and the club wants to increase the future fanbase can this please be discussed at the meeting with the club on Thursday.
A) The club have reviewed this policy in recent weeks and are pleased to announce that the youngster can have a free season ticket. Given that the admission fee for juniors is £5, the club would encourage any supporter bringing a supporter who is seven or under to take advantage with the free season ticket for that age group."

So, this would mean a mum could get in for tenner on Saturday, take her kids to the ticket office and, depending on age, get them tickets for a fiver or a season ticket for free, right? That would be a great additional promotion to mention on the original Ladies Day article. The kids would then hopefully be pestering parents to return again. Two birds with one stone and all that.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 19:48]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024