Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth at Home on the 18th 09:31 - Jan 7 with 7234 viewsaleanddale

So Plymouth have a replay v Port Vale on the 14th - 4 days before they make the long trip to Spotland.

They have hit a bit of form of late but this must help our cause. Lets hope they go out on Pens after a gruelling 120 mins.

I wonder what the Spotland crowd will be on the 18th ( Our next home game ) and will we get some back who came to the Leeds game as a one off but enjoyed themselves?.

Even if 100 came back that would be a success.

Call to Arms - Never has it been easier to encourage a floating occasional fan.
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:43 - Jan 13 with 1371 viewsTVOS1907

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:27 - Jan 13 by pnc4eva1

Both clubs go into the game with a similar run of form.

The question is how much effort will the Port Vale game and subsequent travelling affect the stamina of the Plymouth players. The trip back and forth will take around 4/5 hours each way so the team coach would arrive back in Plymouth in the early hours of Wednesday morning. This would reduce the amount of training that players can undergo between Wednesday and Saturday.

Also the trip back to the Dale game will take up to 6 hours so that will be another journey when players are sitting on a coach for a long time. All the travelling will take its toll.

It won't affect them too much; Plymouth are at home to Port Vale.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:47 - Jan 13 with 1349 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:27 - Jan 13 by pnc4eva1

Both clubs go into the game with a similar run of form.

The question is how much effort will the Port Vale game and subsequent travelling affect the stamina of the Plymouth players. The trip back and forth will take around 4/5 hours each way so the team coach would arrive back in Plymouth in the early hours of Wednesday morning. This would reduce the amount of training that players can undergo between Wednesday and Saturday.

Also the trip back to the Dale game will take up to 6 hours so that will be another journey when players are sitting on a coach for a long time. All the travelling will take its toll.

Did n't realise they were at home whooops!

Let's hope they need extra time>
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 19:51]
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:56 - Jan 13 with 1313 viewsTVOS1907

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:42 - Jan 13 by 442Dale

Ah right, cheers.

Worth noting from the Trust website some clarification for those under 7
http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1049

"Members Questions:

Q) I enquired at the Ticket Office about a Free season ticket for my 5 year old. Was told as I didn’t ask for a kids ticket when I purchased my own Main Stand Season Ticket back in April. I couldn’t have one. If the tickets are free and the club wants to increase the future fanbase can this please be discussed at the meeting with the club on Thursday.
A) The club have reviewed this policy in recent weeks and are pleased to announce that the youngster can have a free season ticket. Given that the admission fee for juniors is £5, the club would encourage any supporter bringing a supporter who is seven or under to take advantage with the free season ticket for that age group."

So, this would mean a mum could get in for tenner on Saturday, take her kids to the ticket office and, depending on age, get them tickets for a fiver or a season ticket for free, right? That would be a great additional promotion to mention on the original Ladies Day article. The kids would then hopefully be pestering parents to return again. Two birds with one stone and all that.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 19:48]

It all seems so complicated!

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:59 - Jan 13 with 1306 views442Dale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:56 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

Not when explained in simple terms.

Please come and watch us, then please come back and watch us again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 20:00 - Jan 13 with 1298 viewsDaley_Lama

It wasn't that complicated to start with.

Buy a season ticket. If you have an under 7 ask for a free under seven's season ticket.

Erm. That was it. Even I was able to follow the rules.

Poll: DF in or out

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 20:09 - Jan 13 with 1282 views442Dale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 20:00 - Jan 13 by Daley_Lama

It wasn't that complicated to start with.

Buy a season ticket. If you have an under 7 ask for a free under seven's season ticket.

Erm. That was it. Even I was able to follow the rules.

Yeah, but reading that on the Trust site it says "Given that the admission fee for juniors is £5, the club would encourage any supporter bringing a supporter who is seven or under to take advantage with the free season ticket for that age group"

"any supporter" not just season ticket holders. Unless it needs re-clarifying.

And I think TVOS may have been using complicated in its loosest term.

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 20:15 - Jan 13 with 1271 viewsDaley_Lama

Don't trust the trust is the tale of this tale or something like that.

Ladies day in the middle of January is a weird idea anyway, other sports tend to do it when it is warm and sunny not the middle of winter.

Poll: DF in or out

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 20:19 - Jan 13 with 1261 views442Dale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 20:15 - Jan 13 by Daley_Lama

Don't trust the trust is the tale of this tale or something like that.

Ladies day in the middle of January is a weird idea anyway, other sports tend to do it when it is warm and sunny not the middle of winter.

Scarves for £2 at the turnstiles, 50p coffee vouchers

(yes, for those reading, this particular post is actually in jest. Please refrain from swearing on this occasion)

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 09:05 - Jan 14 with 1142 viewsaleanddale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:56 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

In my work the board of directors were at a loss how slow we grew as a business.

as a resut of employee and director think tanks - customer feedback questionaires etc it was realised that customers liked the product but we were difficult to buy from so payed more and went elsewhere.

12 months ago an improved web site and a clearer pricing policy ( simplified ) and bingo - 40% growth in 12 months.

Now that could be applied to us.

I am die in the wool Dale but if i wasnt I am not sure I would be enthused by the Dale efforts to attract me to the product and when i had a sniff of interest the deal is complicated.

2500 regulars - 40% growth ( rule of thumb can be applied ) = 3500 regulars.

there are comparisons.
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 13:29 - Jan 14 with 1081 viewspioneer

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 09:05 - Jan 14 by aleanddale

In my work the board of directors were at a loss how slow we grew as a business.

as a resut of employee and director think tanks - customer feedback questionaires etc it was realised that customers liked the product but we were difficult to buy from so payed more and went elsewhere.

12 months ago an improved web site and a clearer pricing policy ( simplified ) and bingo - 40% growth in 12 months.

Now that could be applied to us.

I am die in the wool Dale but if i wasnt I am not sure I would be enthused by the Dale efforts to attract me to the product and when i had a sniff of interest the deal is complicated.

2500 regulars - 40% growth ( rule of thumb can be applied ) = 3500 regulars.

there are comparisons.

Go easy - if we did that we might have to forgo the 'little Rochdale' tag.
Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 13:54 - Jan 14 with 1057 views442Dale

Info on the Ladies Day in Wednesday Ob, page 4 of the 'It's all yours" section in the middle:

"Tickets for the 'Ladies Day' offer can be purchased from the ticket office at Spotland Stadium only on the day with kick-off at 3pm. The club hopes that women will get together with family and friends and come along for the first time to watch a live game of football and support their local professional football club"

So how does that fit with the specific turnstile info? Going off that, can they turn up to the ticket office, get a ticket and join family and friends in other stands? Would make more sense, especially if they're going with season ticket holders in the Sandy/Main Stand.

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 20:35 - Jan 14 with 972 viewspnc4eva1

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 19:43 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

It won't affect them too much; Plymouth are at home to Port Vale.

Oops didn't realise that.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 20:38 - Jan 14 with 959 viewsTVOS1907

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 13:54 - Jan 14 by 442Dale

Info on the Ladies Day in Wednesday Ob, page 4 of the 'It's all yours" section in the middle:

"Tickets for the 'Ladies Day' offer can be purchased from the ticket office at Spotland Stadium only on the day with kick-off at 3pm. The club hopes that women will get together with family and friends and come along for the first time to watch a live game of football and support their local professional football club"

So how does that fit with the specific turnstile info? Going off that, can they turn up to the ticket office, get a ticket and join family and friends in other stands? Would make more sense, especially if they're going with season ticket holders in the Sandy/Main Stand.

Talking of the Ob, they've outdone themselves today in the MASSIVENESS stakes with that back page picture.

It's a good job most people reading it will know which one is Hogan.

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 20:41 - Jan 14 with 948 views442Dale

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 20:38 - Jan 14 by TVOS1907

Talking of the Ob, they've outdone themselves today in the MASSIVENESS stakes with that back page picture.

It's a good job most people reading it will know which one is Hogan.

Heard the gritters were out last night, but it's so unnecessary as that picture could be cut out and laid down to protect an entire street.

Plymouth at Home on the 18th on 12:48 - Jan 15 with 878 viewsaleanddale

Well Plymouth OUT of the cup lost at Home v Port Vale.

Lets hope they feel leggy and we can take advantage.

Sadly think we will be back to a 2800 attendance for this one and 300 of those from Plymouth!!

Hope i am wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024