Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Fear Football 15:44 - Feb 20 with 3709 viewsdalenumber2

I actually think that this is what Hill was trying to achieve last night. We started with a different vibe, with the warm up and then kicking into the Sandy first half. We tried to play open, attacking football, which certainly made for a more entertaining game. The depressing thing is, it didn't work, even against the bottom team. So what is left for us now? I am becoming more than disillusioned.
No Fear Football on 16:48 - Feb 20 with 3607 viewsJimmyRustler

The success of our no fear approach in years gone by was largely successful because of a solid base and back line (as well as a wealth of attacking talent of course).

As things stand now, I've had more solid outings on the toilet after an Indian. When you score three at home against bottom of the league and lose, it's time to wrap it up
No Fear Football on 17:34 - Feb 20 with 3517 viewsD_Alien

No Fear Football on 16:48 - Feb 20 by JimmyRustler

The success of our no fear approach in years gone by was largely successful because of a solid base and back line (as well as a wealth of attacking talent of course).

As things stand now, I've had more solid outings on the toilet after an Indian. When you score three at home against bottom of the league and lose, it's time to wrap it up

Wrap it up? Not flush with success?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No Fear Football on 18:14 - Feb 20 with 3460 viewsShun

Absolutely agreed, dn2. Last night was the first time we’ve played 4-4-2 with anything resembling pace and offence for what seems like a few seasons. It’s also, whisper it quietly, the first time Hill’s tried reuniting the pairing of Henderson and Done as a front two that proved so successful a few years ago. And, you know what, it worked. We looked really good going forward last night and had we scored a few more it wouldn’t have been unjust.

The problem, obviously, is that our defence is so poor that even when we’re good offensively we still lose. I think rather than simply blaming the back 4 though we need to try something different in midfield. Hamilton is excellent so Camps has to be dropped. As mentioned by DA elsewhere, let’s see what kind of steel Keohane can provide.
No Fear Football on 20:11 - Feb 20 with 3300 viewsnordenblue

No Fear Football on 18:14 - Feb 20 by Shun

Absolutely agreed, dn2. Last night was the first time we’ve played 4-4-2 with anything resembling pace and offence for what seems like a few seasons. It’s also, whisper it quietly, the first time Hill’s tried reuniting the pairing of Henderson and Done as a front two that proved so successful a few years ago. And, you know what, it worked. We looked really good going forward last night and had we scored a few more it wouldn’t have been unjust.

The problem, obviously, is that our defence is so poor that even when we’re good offensively we still lose. I think rather than simply blaming the back 4 though we need to try something different in midfield. Hamilton is excellent so Camps has to be dropped. As mentioned by DA elsewhere, let’s see what kind of steel Keohane can provide.

Very good post,Camps should have been dropped months ago, he looks far too heavy and clumsy where once over he was a driving force and very agile, he know resembles something very opposite
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 20:42]
No Fear Football on 20:13 - Feb 20 with 3294 viewsrich_dale

We stayed up last year by making ourselves hard to beat in the run-in. We've got to be more solid or we've got no chance. Our defence needs midfield protection unfortunately. No time for no-fear football now.
No Fear Football on 22:02 - Feb 20 with 3155 viewsYorkshire_Dale

No Fear Football on 20:13 - Feb 20 by rich_dale

We stayed up last year by making ourselves hard to beat in the run-in. We've got to be more solid or we've got no chance. Our defence needs midfield protection unfortunately. No time for no-fear football now.

Where the heck is Olly Rathbone?.....he might add a bit of fight. One of the only players to show a bit of passion when he is on the pitch.
No Fear Football on 08:47 - Feb 21 with 2905 viewsNigeriamark

The defence has been poor whether we try to attack or not so I would keep trying to attackk for the rest of the season especially at home. At least there was some entertainment. I think part of the reason for the poor defence is the lack of a battling midfielder. Hopefully Rathbone will also be back soon who may be a but headless at times but gets stuck in. Pyke did enough for me to be considered out wide although Holden would also do. Rathbone Hamilton & Keohane too

EEl, Bunney, MaCLaughlin at the back with probably Jim due to lack of options
No Fear Football on 09:02 - Feb 21 with 2885 viewsJimmyRustler

No Fear Football on 08:47 - Feb 21 by Nigeriamark

The defence has been poor whether we try to attack or not so I would keep trying to attackk for the rest of the season especially at home. At least there was some entertainment. I think part of the reason for the poor defence is the lack of a battling midfielder. Hopefully Rathbone will also be back soon who may be a but headless at times but gets stuck in. Pyke did enough for me to be considered out wide although Holden would also do. Rathbone Hamilton & Keohane too

In a full 360 of opinion, I would honestly rather have Delaney or MJ alongside EEL at this point. MJ in particular may benefit from a decent CB partner and Jim has once again reverted to type unfortunately
Login to get fewer ads

No Fear Football on 09:06 - Feb 21 with 2876 views442Dale

No Fear Football on 08:47 - Feb 21 by Nigeriamark

Go back to the three central defenders. With the centre halves we have they all look better in a three (EEL excepted) and with Bunney back it’ll make the most of his ability to get forward and cross. If McLaughlin isn’t fit, use Dooley at RWB.
The midfield three has to include Rathbone for his energy and would give Keohane a go alongside him and Hamilton. Henderson and one other up front.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

No Fear Football on 10:54 - Feb 21 with 2764 viewsNigeriamark

No Fear Football on 09:02 - Feb 21 by JimmyRustler

In a full 360 of opinion, I would honestly rather have Delaney or MJ alongside EEL at this point. MJ in particular may benefit from a decent CB partner and Jim has once again reverted to type unfortunately

MJW not a bad shout. I went for Jim as he is certainly a battler when the chips are down & when he has an error free game is decent. However I wouldn’t be against EEL & MJW starting.
No Fear Football on 15:00 - Feb 21 with 2591 viewssweetcorn

No Fear Football on 20:11 - Feb 20 by nordenblue

Very good post,Camps should have been dropped months ago, he looks far too heavy and clumsy where once over he was a driving force and very agile, he know resembles something very opposite
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 20:42]

Really? I’ve always had camps down as an heavy-set lad.. even when he first came through

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

No Fear Football on 15:15 - Feb 21 with 2570 viewstony_roch975

Surely the whole point is that if you set up purely to attack you rarely win. Football is about the balance of defense and attack. Hamilton is an attacking midfielder but can't defend. JB similarly needs a covering left sided m/fielder, Dooley & Pyke lost runners continually - Camps was often trying to cover 3 opponents. As the commentator noted we were playing without a midfield.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

No Fear Football on 15:10 - Feb 22 with 2274 viewsboromat

Maybe I've been watching a different team recently but the Hamilton Camps pairing has been a breath of fresh air. It's the first time in a long time we've had two central midfielders capable of playing as a two. The defensive woes for me especially in the last game were on the defence. Full backs were poor, central defenders were poor and all pairings whether it be the two on the left, right or centre seemed to be at odds with one another and there were several examples where we got it all wrong. It's a shame as the centre back pairing was looking better since January.

We don't have many options at the minute maybe the back four just needs to be let off the hook for that game and given another chance. Potentially McLaughlin is injured from Hills comments so wouldn't be surprised if Matheson starts, for me I'd not put him under that pressure and I'd like to see someone else come in to do a job there maybe MJ.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

No Fear Football on 16:40 - Feb 22 with 2179 viewsJames1980

Imagine if MJW was put a right back and had a mare the H/O contigent would have an absolute field day.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

No Fear Football on 17:07 - Feb 22 with 2133 views442Dale

No Fear Football on 16:40 - Feb 22 by James1980

Imagine if MJW was put a right back and had a mare the H/O contigent would have an absolute field day.

Can we please try and stop creating divides in the fanbase? This applies just as much to those who call out fellow supporters for backing the manager after a defeat.

There’s nothing wrong with a difference of opinion, contained within almost all those expressed on here are valid points, no matter what their stance is on Keith Hill.

If MJW is played at right back, and it is clear he can’t perform that role then it will indeed be down to the manager. It’s his job to ensure players are able to play in the positions they are asked to, if not find someone else who can.

No Fear Football on 17:19 - Feb 22 with 2118 viewsJames1980

No Fear Football on 17:07 - Feb 22 by 442Dale

Can we please try and stop creating divides in the fanbase? This applies just as much to those who call out fellow supporters for backing the manager after a defeat.

There’s nothing wrong with a difference of opinion, contained within almost all those expressed on here are valid points, no matter what their stance is on Keith Hill.

If MJW is played at right back, and it is clear he can’t perform that role then it will indeed be down to the manager. It’s his job to ensure players are able to play in the positions they are asked to, if not find someone else who can.

Sorry I only put that because MJW has already been berated on here in the past along with other signings. Would a manager whether it is Hill or any other in any league really try a player in an unfamiliar position unless it had been tried in training or the circumstances were desperate due to injuries and or suspensions?

No Fear Football on 17:24 - Feb 22 with 2107 views442Dale

No Fear Football on 17:19 - Feb 22 by James1980

Sorry I only put that because MJW has already been berated on here in the past along with other signings. Would a manager whether it is Hill or any other in any league really try a player in an unfamiliar position unless it had been tried in training or the circumstances were desperate due to injuries and or suspensions?

It’s fine James, but most fans have been constructive in their criticism of MJW. We’ve been told how he could be a great centre half, yet he’s only really impressed in a three and currently can’t make the side.

No Fear Football on 17:31 - Feb 22 with 2084 viewsJames1980

No Fear Football on 17:24 - Feb 22 by 442Dale

It’s fine James, but most fans have been constructive in their criticism of MJW. We’ve been told how he could be a great centre half, yet he’s only really impressed in a three and currently can’t make the side.

Perhaps a 3 2 3 2 would work with MJW as part of the second line of 2 along with Camps who has been given a more defensive midfield role based on a previous interview. Maybe I do have rose colured specs but it is a shame the manager in some eyes can now do no right.

No Fear Football on 17:33 - Feb 22 with 2074 viewsD_Alien

No Fear Football on 17:31 - Feb 22 by James1980

Perhaps a 3 2 3 2 would work with MJW as part of the second line of 2 along with Camps who has been given a more defensive midfield role based on a previous interview. Maybe I do have rose colured specs but it is a shame the manager in some eyes can now do no right.

The problem with both Camps & MJ is their lack of pace. Once that's worked out by the opposition, they're just bypassed. Having them both in the side won't help against fast-moving midfielders/forwards

No Fear Football on 18:03 - Feb 22 with 2013 viewsJames1980

No Fear Football on 17:33 - Feb 22 by D_Alien

The problem with both Camps & MJ is their lack of pace. Once that's worked out by the opposition, they're just bypassed. Having them both in the side won't help against fast-moving midfielders/forwards

Fair point be good if we had a slower player with a sufficient footballing brain that their lack of pace is not a major detriment, maybe we do.

No Fear Football on 18:23 - Feb 22 with 1979 viewsD_Alien

No Fear Football on 18:03 - Feb 22 by James1980

Fair point be good if we had a slower player with a sufficient footballing brain that their lack of pace is not a major detriment, maybe we do.

Remains to be seen if Keohane fits the bill. It's not outright sprinting pace needed but that first movement over 5-10 yards, which someone like Keith Keane had, plus your point about ability to read a game

No Fear Football on 18:36 - Feb 22 with 1950 viewsJames1980

No Fear Football on 18:23 - Feb 22 by D_Alien

Remains to be seen if Keohane fits the bill. It's not outright sprinting pace needed but that first movement over 5-10 yards, which someone like Keith Keane had, plus your point about ability to read a game

Did I put something of note quick mark the date

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024