Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon 07:45 - Oct 3 with 21460 viewsSheffdale

Seems quiet on the forum so a test to see if it's working - and a useful thread for a vital match.
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 09:15 - Oct 3 with 7102 viewsaleanddale

Vital Game.

Wimbledon are obviously struggling and we are stuttering!

Would be a very welcome 3 points.
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 09:23 - Oct 3 with 7083 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A good start would be to hear an injuries update.
Bonesy,McLauglin, Pyke, Done,Dooley .....who else?
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 10:49 - Oct 3 with 7006 viewsjonahwhereru

Bonsey is the key player in the injury list. If he is fit the the team does not need a detrimental shuffle. MJW is a good defensive midfielder at this level. So would want him in that slot. Have not seen Jimmy at CH but if that is what injuries dictate he should slot in there. Morley for Dooley seems logical swap. Hendo and either Alby or Pyke up front depending on what BMM sees as the Don’s weaknesses.
Never seen a decent game at this ground yet, here’s hoping. I actually think we will win on Saturday. In which case I will sleep easier that night.
UTD
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 10:54 - Oct 3 with 6999 viewsJames1980

RND @CB and MG @LB did alright against Bolton the other night.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 12:14 - Oct 3 with 6938 viewstodmordendale

Agree with you Jonah, wherever you are.
O’Connell is the key allowing MJ to play in his better suited defensive role. In games earlier this season Morley and MJ interchanged play so well which started good movement forward. RND is becoming such a massive influence that he may be suited to a midfield role too along with Keohane.
I would like to see Camps just behind Hendo and bring Abraham on as sub if we need to play hoofball.
All in all, it is very encouraging and nights like Tuesday’s game are so important to provide options.
Sadly I thought Ryan couldn’t be arsed.
McGlaughlin has Plantar Fasciitis which is very painful and could take a long time to settle. Best wishes to him.
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 12:52 - Oct 3 with 6890 viewsMass_Debater

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 12:14 - Oct 3 by todmordendale

Agree with you Jonah, wherever you are.
O’Connell is the key allowing MJ to play in his better suited defensive role. In games earlier this season Morley and MJ interchanged play so well which started good movement forward. RND is becoming such a massive influence that he may be suited to a midfield role too along with Keohane.
I would like to see Camps just behind Hendo and bring Abraham on as sub if we need to play hoofball.
All in all, it is very encouraging and nights like Tuesday’s game are so important to provide options.
Sadly I thought Ryan couldn’t be arsed.
McGlaughlin has Plantar Fasciitis which is very painful and could take a long time to settle. Best wishes to him.

Tammy Abraham?
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 12:58 - Oct 3 with 6859 viewsdingdangblue

Have we got a clause in Delaney's loan agreement that stipulates he must play?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:35 - Oct 3 with 6747 viewsseasidedale

Sure there is a EFL rule stating loan players are not allowed to play against parent club
Login to get fewer ads

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:36 - Oct 3 with 6746 viewsChaffRAFC

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:35 - Oct 3 by seasidedale

Sure there is a EFL rule stating loan players are not allowed to play against parent club

Don't think it's an EFL rule but an agreement between clubs. Unless it's changed but that's how it used to be.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 21:27 - Oct 3 with 6527 viewsboromat

Yep big game and some positive injury news would be great.

O'Connell key but also Dooley and Pyke are definitely missed from the squad.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 21:31 - Oct 3 with 6509 viewsTVOS1907

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:36 - Oct 3 by ChaffRAFC

Don't think it's an EFL rule but an agreement between clubs. Unless it's changed but that's how it used to be.

Aye and there are a couple of interesting back stories to that.

Back in 1985, Barry Diamond played on loan at Stockport and turned out against us as County won 3-0. He won a penalty for Stockport and got Dale's Joe Cooke (one of his Spotland team-mates) sent-off!!

In 2006, Dave Bayliss was on loan from Wrexham and was allowed to play against them. He got sent-off!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 21:33 - Oct 3 with 6505 viewsNigeriamark

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 21:27 - Oct 3 by boromat

Yep big game and some positive injury news would be great.

O'Connell key but also Dooley and Pyke are definitely missed from the squad.

next4 games are huge, playing the bottom two and the teams 15th and 17th. 8 points + and i will continue to feel comfortable this season. Not win any of them or get less than 6 points and we will need a rethink on the way BBM is setting us up, and what to do in the Jan window

I’m quite confident we will do well this month ( that’s torn it!!)
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 21:34 - Oct 3 with 6502 viewsNigeriamark

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 21:31 - Oct 3 by TVOS1907

Back in 1985, Barry Diamond played on loan at Stockport and turned out against us as County won 3-0. He won a penalty for Stockport and got Dale's Joe Cooke (one of his Spotland team-mates) sent-off!!

In 2006, Dave Bayliss was on loan from Wrexham and was allowed to play against them. He got sent-off!

That game in 85 is possibly the angriest I’ve ever seen Dale fans
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 22:31 - Oct 3 with 6434 viewsdingdangblue

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 21:31 - Oct 3 by TVOS1907

I remember Burnley keeper David Williams being on loan and playing in the 1-0 win at Turf Moor - not quite sure how that happened but he played great.

And then William's played for Burnley against us in the final game when we needed to win to get the last play off spot - and he saved Flounders penalty.

[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 22:36]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 18:33 - Oct 4 with 6123 viewsD_Dale

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 12:58 - Oct 3 by dingdangblue

Have we got a clause in Delaney's loan agreement that stipulates he must play?

Alas, no.

Confirmed by the club:

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2019/october/glyns-challenge-to-the-squad-ah

The preview also mentions Forss will play after suspension - a loan player from Brentford who has scored a few goals. It's an important, but probably tough, game. (I never like it when the bookies offer shorter odds for Dale opponents!)
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 13:35 - Oct 5 with 5894 viewsD_Dale

Has there been a Refwatch for this match?
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 13:58 - Oct 5 with 5858 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 13:35 - Oct 5 by D_Dale

Has there been a Refwatch for this match?

Daz Handley.
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:12 - Oct 5 with 5807 viewsboromat

McNulty out injured and Hendo on the bench with illness 🙈

Not ideal. No centre backs in the squad!

Guessing

Luke MJ RND Keohane
Morley Camps Rathbone
Alby Tavares Calvin
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 14:15]

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:14 - Oct 5 with 5786 viewsnordenblue

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:12 - Oct 5 by boromat

Guessing

Luke MJ RND Keohane
Morley Camps Rathbone
Alby Tavares Calvin

Brilliant,just what the doctor ordered

Not just the starting 11,but the bench looks shockingly short of options
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 14:16]
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:16 - Oct 5 with 5766 viewsoddjob007

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:14 - Oct 5 by nordenblue

Bare bones or what?!

A point today would be a great achievement.
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:18 - Oct 5 with 5748 viewsShun

Jesus. It’s not ideal at all that in this run of playing teams around us where we really need to be picking up serious points we’re suffering with the biggest injury crisis I can remember a Dale side having.

Midfield looks good but up front and at the back looks a bit scary.
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:22 - Oct 5 with 5707 viewsDale23years

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:12 - Oct 5 by boromat

Guessing

Luke MJ RND Keohane
Morley Camps Rathbone
Alby Tavares Calvin

Shocking team,shocking bench, shocking decision by board to go with a stupidly small squad.

Keith Hill and Dunphies over spending last season ( or last 2 seasons) has come back to bite us on the arse.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:23 - Oct 5 with 5703 viewsboromat

Imagine that team without Luke and RND! It could be a difficult week.

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:24 - Oct 5 with 5681 viewsNigeriamark

Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:14 - Oct 5 by nordenblue

Great opportunity for Tavares. If you were going to make your first start against anyone in the league Wimbledon would be in the top 3. Certainly weak at the spine of our defence but lets remember they have not won a game the whole season so far so are also under pressure
Build up and match thread AFC Wimbledon on 14:28 - Oct 5 with 5660 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Calvin at the (full) back) with MJW in front in his usual and better position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024