Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. 20:17 - Jul 28 with 11066 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rather than add to the season ticket thread, as that is just another straw on the collapsing camel. Why the hell are we suddenly appearing pot less and desperate?

We have had the 2 cup run incomes, good player sales, league and tv money as well as sell on clauses, sponsorship and commercial activities, yet the board continues to attempt to sneak every possible way of saving money.

DB has mentioned lack of crowds/bURY/lost fixtures and the loss of income, that’s garbage, we will have saved more than that with the furloughing of staff, both playing and non playing. We will be saving in excess of £80 grand a month with the released list currently, although I am not sure that starts until August, but still a substantial cut in costs.

The club have shafted the goldbond agents, something that has been a consistent source of income for 20 odd years. They have also put a huge positive spin on the long term sponsorship. You could look at this as suddenly trying to raise up front cash, at later detriment.

And so onto season ticket refunds!

You should not have to actively seek a refund from the club, particularly if a deadline is involved. It should be the opposite. If you don’t respond you get a refund, if you don’t want a refund you can chose the option that you prefer, it’s a cheap psychological trick, as the emphasis is placed on the individual to want to take money from a struggling club they love, rather than the other way around.

I think many won’t want the refund, and if you take it there is nothing to stop you just donating it back. It’s just another underhanded way to make it less acceptable to have money back, that if it was anyone other than the club, you would take immediately.

I can’t say I back the trust at all in this, the rumours about some being in bed with the club I have not taken any notice of particularly, but this does smell of some being too close to both entities. I don’t know any individuals related to both, just a general overall comment, as the club in particular, seem to be duplicitous and sly currently.

We were quick enough to spot the issues the other side of heywood, we need to get our own house in order, before we have a lovely pitch and turnstiles, and a 12 point deduction!
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 20:24]

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:24 - Jul 28 with 6663 viewsrobshaker

ironic profile pic

STILL

'this famous old club'
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:26 - Jul 28 with 6658 viewsTVOS1907

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:24 - Jul 28 by robshaker

ironic profile pic

STILL

'this famous old club'

* clubs

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:43 - Jul 28 with 6597 viewsnordenblue

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:24 - Jul 28 by robshaker

ironic profile pic

STILL

'this famous old club'

You've spelt "iconic" wrong
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:53 - Jul 28 with 6544 viewsrobshaker

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:43 - Jul 28 by nordenblue

no I didn't.

next..
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:58 - Jul 28 with 6524 views442Dale

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:53 - Jul 28 by robshaker

no I didn't.

next..

... owner?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:02 - Jul 28 with 6513 viewsrobshaker

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:58 - Jul 28 by 442Dale

... owner?

what?
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:04 - Jul 28 with 6502 viewsDaleaholic

What's rotten then? You've written a detailed post and completely missed covering the thread title.

You've also contradicted yourself... You're suggesting a 12 point deduction (I'm assuming for administration) yet bemoan the board for saving as much money as possible? (Exactly what a business should do when faced with a lack of income)

"We have had the 2 cup run incomes, good player sales, league and tv money as well as sell on clauses, sponsorship and commercial activities, yet the board continues to attempt to sneak every possible way of saving money."

"We were quick enough to spot the issues the other side of heywood, we need to get our own house in order, before we have a lovely pitch and turnstiles, and a 12 point deduction!"

Make your mind up! Christ.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:05 - Jul 28 with 6497 viewsTVOS1907

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:53 - Jul 28 by robshaker

no I didn't.

next..

...club?

Login to get fewer ads

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:09 - Jul 28 with 6488 viewsBrierls

ironic profile pic

STILL

'this famous old club'

Is bury still a club, Rob? I haven’t been keeping up to speed on things, and there hasn’t been much mention of it in the media. It’s almost as if nobody gives a fook.

I hope you are well x
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:11 - Jul 28 with 6477 viewsrobshaker

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:43 - Jul 28 by nordenblue

wasn't spelling 'iconic'

great to be back.

STILL

"that famous old ground Gigg Lane"
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:16 - Jul 28 with 6451 viewsDaleiLama

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:11 - Jul 28 by robshaker

wasn't spelling 'iconic'

great to be back.

STILL

Looks like SD1's let a few of his traveller chums in? Different kind of pitch these days!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:20 - Jul 28 with 6435 viewsnordenblue

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:11 - Jul 28 by robshaker

wasn't spelling 'iconic'

great to be back.

STILL

It escapes me rob,we've not heard a thing for months or what seems like years....who plays there again?

#enjoytheride
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:21 - Jul 28 with 6423 viewsD_Alien

wasn't spelling 'iconic'

great to be back.

STILL

More... more...

What's the word i'm looking for?

Ah yes... moronic

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:25 - Jul 28 with 6397 viewsBrierls

I’m not sure how we’re appearing pot less and desperate? Even some of the points you make point to us being financially prudent in the face of a global pandemic.

There are several points that have been discussed to death on here, but surely cutting costs as much as possible when we have no steady income is a good thing?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 22:28]
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:37 - Jul 28 with 6351 viewsTVOS1907

wasn't spelling 'iconic'

great to be back.

STILL

Back where?

Bacup Borough?

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:46 - Jul 28 with 6320 viewsrobshaker

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:21 - Jul 28 by D_Alien

More... more...

What's the word i'm looking for?

Ah yes... moronic

!!yes lad.. the big 'D Alien' what a first night im having.. hooked some beauties tonight...WHATTTTT...

'I was wondering when you would pick up on that' ...funny

Classic

STILL

"this famous old club"
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:51 - Jul 28 with 6302 viewsrobshaker

remember that.. funny thread what entertainment..
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:53 - Jul 28 with 6299 viewsdownunder

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:46 - Jul 28 by robshaker

!!yes lad.. the big 'D Alien' what a first night im having.. hooked some beauties tonight...WHATTTTT...

Classic

STILL

"this famous old club"

Fishing. You will have plenty of time for that. Most Saturdays as well.
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:58 - Jul 28 with 6282 viewsrobshaker

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:53 - Jul 28 by downunder

Fishing. You will have plenty of time for that. Most Saturdays as well.

what the f*ck do you think ive been doing since last May?

Ive always liked you downunder you nearly hurt me then.

anyway bedtime for Rob some of us work, I'll be back xx

STILL

"that famous old ground GiggLane"
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 23:04 - Jul 28 with 6265 viewsChaffRAFC

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:25 - Jul 28 by Brierls

I’m not sure how we’re appearing pot less and desperate? Even some of the points you make point to us being financially prudent in the face of a global pandemic.

There are several points that have been discussed to death on here, but surely cutting costs as much as possible when we have no steady income is a good thing?

Furloughing staff is all well and good but for the players and coaching staff, we'd have had to top their wages up and let's not forget we are without any income from bars, club shop, function rooms, catering, gate receipts etc.

We had two cup runs and a player sale that will have helped but we were already trying to claw back years of overspending so this notion that we have plenty of money just isn't as clear cut as that.

The releasing of staff is all well and good but we still have to pay them this month's wage as well so that doesn't come into force till August.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 00:28 - Jul 29 with 6147 viewsD_Alien

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:46 - Jul 28 by robshaker

Classic

STILL

"this famous old club"

Not seen this sort of shit since about 2015

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 07:20 - Jul 29 with 5992 viewsisitme

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 23:04 - Jul 28 by ChaffRAFC

Furloughing staff is all well and good but for the players and coaching staff, we'd have had to top their wages up and let's not forget we are without any income from bars, club shop, function rooms, catering, gate receipts etc.

We had two cup runs and a player sale that will have helped but we were already trying to claw back years of overspending so this notion that we have plenty of money just isn't as clear cut as that.

The releasing of staff is all well and good but we still have to pay them this month's wage as well so that doesn't come into force till August.

Was the club actually topping up wages or were staff just receiving the furlough payment amount?
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 08:10 - Jul 29 with 5930 viewsjudd

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:25 - Jul 28 by Brierls

There's financial prudence and there's blindly cutting costs.

You would have to hope that cost cutting was done for exactly the right reasons.

The overspending of the 2 seasons prior was financed by cash reserves, some of which we still had in the bank at the end of that second season of overspending. Since then we have had numerous player sales (Cannon, Rafferty, the centre half to Scunny, Adshead, Mathieson), 3 plum cup ties, TV money as well as all the other week in, week out income.
We are due a near 7 figure sum for Dawson against which the club took out a loan from RMBC and didn't we receive something from the EFL to help aid cashflow at the start of the lockdown?

I have previously posted on here a near desperate plea for financial help from the Chief Exec to Rochdale businesses when a bank loan had been refused back in March.

So, mixed messages emanating from the club re: finances.

You then have to balance risk and reward. If I let my best performing, most experienced and costly staff leave and replace them with apprentices I would be mad to expect the same results.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 08:26 - Jul 29 with 5902 viewsRAFC_1990

Only thing rotten is the garbage you post!

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 11:40 - Jul 29 with 5715 viewsdiver

What is happening with Goldbond ?I have been paying by standing order since March but I cannot find any news of draws etc on website
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024