Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton 14:05 - Nov 23 with 13279 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Northampton 23rd Nov 2020 14:04
Dale will look to be bring an end to a four game losing streak on Tuesday night as they welcome Northampton Town to Spotland. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 21:20 - Nov 23 with 4504 viewsdingdangblue

Noticed their goalscorer (2 goals) last Saturday, Harry Smith, is a giant of a man. Don't fancy our chances on setpieces and corners.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 11:15 - Nov 24 with 4324 viewsBillyRudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 21:20 - Nov 23 by dingdangblue

Noticed their goalscorer (2 goals) last Saturday, Harry Smith, is a giant of a man. Don't fancy our chances on setpieces and corners.

Looks a handful. Keohane will have to be on his mettle at the back post. Hopefully we will be that busy at the other end we won,t have to worry about him to much.

The last goal of that sequence was a real strikers goal and showed perfect understanding between him and the lad playing the ball through. First after he won the ball there was no way the job was done for him, he was off on his run and second the through ball was so obvious once he made his run, that the defender knew what was going to happen but still could,nt do anything about it. Sadly at the moment I rarely see that understanding between our forwards. Hopefully in time it will grow.
I know we were spoilt but O,grady and Dagnall spent as much time passing the ball inside the oppositions box as we do now faffing about along our own back line.
Up the Dale
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 11:16 - Nov 24 with 4323 viewsBillyRudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 11:15 - Nov 24 by BillyRudd

Looks a handful. Keohane will have to be on his mettle at the back post. Hopefully we will be that busy at the other end we won,t have to worry about him to much.

The last goal of that sequence was a real strikers goal and showed perfect understanding between him and the lad playing the ball through. First after he won the ball there was no way the job was done for him, he was off on his run and second the through ball was so obvious once he made his run, that the defender knew what was going to happen but still could,nt do anything about it. Sadly at the moment I rarely see that understanding between our forwards. Hopefully in time it will grow.
I know we were spoilt but O,grady and Dagnall spent as much time passing the ball inside the oppositions box as we do now faffing about along our own back line.
Up the Dale

ps I meant Harry Smith not Keohane
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 12:59 - Nov 24 with 4211 viewsboromat

I have no expectations tonight after the weekend. Maybe that's a good thing.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 16:33 - Nov 24 with 4019 viewsfitzochris

The only thing I expect is a change to the starting XI after Saturday. He might not say it too loudly publicly, but BBM will know that wasn't good enough and didn't work out.

I reckon Humphrys will start alongside Beesley and perhaps a reshuffle in midfield to accommodate this, as the defensive structure seems set.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 17:35 - Nov 24 with 3897 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 16:33 - Nov 24 by fitzochris

The only thing I expect is a change to the starting XI after Saturday. He might not say it too loudly publicly, but BBM will know that wasn't good enough and didn't work out.

I reckon Humphrys will start alongside Beesley and perhaps a reshuffle in midfield to accommodate this, as the defensive structure seems set.

Do you think Newby will be incorporated into that reshuffle? (I recall your post about how Humphrys/Beesley/Newby might all be accommodated - or not - once Humphrys returned to action)

I'd have Newby wide on the right with Rathbone wide on the left, and Lund. Plus either Morley or Ryan playing slightly deeper, but not in the 'quarterback' position

But we'll see

[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 17:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 18:02 - Nov 24 with 3826 viewsfitzochris

Yeah I think Newby absolutely has to be involved. I see one of Ryan, Morley or Lund making way, sadly, as there’s no way BBM will sacrifice width.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 18:02 - Nov 24 with 3824 viewsboromat

Pretty much what I thought might happen. Was wondering if McLaughlin might replace Keohane as well.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 18:03]

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 18:17 - Nov 24 with 3730 viewsShun

Pure excited to see Humphrys back, but why sacrifice Ryan instead of Morley? We looked miles weaker on Saturday when the former went off.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 18:21 - Nov 24 with 3728 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 18:17 - Nov 24 by Shun

Pure excited to see Humphrys back, but why sacrifice Ryan instead of Morley? We looked miles weaker on Saturday when the former went off.

I'm looking forward to Morley playing the deep lying playmaker role on his own. I wonder if it's to do with Ryan's fitness he doesn't seem to play full matches and maybe he's being managed a bit. Much more attacking line up, let's see what they can do.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 18:28 - Nov 24 with 3694 viewsHopwoodblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 18:02 - Nov 24 by boromat

Pretty much what I thought might happen. Was wondering if McLaughlin might replace Keohane as well.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 18:03]

Well it’s a youthful line up but they still have plenty of league appearances between them
That’s more or less our strongest side give or take on or two positions.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 19:01]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 18:31 - Nov 24 with 3675 viewsfitzochris

I’m surprised Ryan is the withdrawal, as all he needed on Saturday was an extra option to pass to. Somebody had to make way, though, if Beesley and Humphrys were to start together.

Interested to see how this pans out now.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 18:40 - Nov 24 with 3635 views100notout

Shit!

Its a 7 o'clock kick off guys - better get a move on!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 18:42 - Nov 24 with 3621 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 18:21 - Nov 24 by boromat

I'm looking forward to Morley playing the deep lying playmaker role on his own. I wonder if it's to do with Ryan's fitness he doesn't seem to play full matches and maybe he's being managed a bit. Much more attacking line up, let's see what they can do.

I think Ryan does have a fitness problem (or maybe he's managing an underlying injury) but expect to see him at some point. He was more effective for us last season when he came off the bench. Much will depend on the scoreline approaching the last 20 minutes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:06 - Nov 24 with 3480 views442Dale

Looks like a 4-4-2, Rathbone left, Newby right.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:07 - Nov 24 with 3479 viewsdawlishdale

Holmes is very much their playmaker...need to keep an eye on him.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:07 - Nov 24 with 3468 viewsboromat

Morley already showing how much more he's got to his game when playing further forward. Put some great balls in.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:09 - Nov 24 with 3454 viewsblackdogblue

I am going to make a controversial statement here and hope to the high heavens I am proved wrong here... much hype has been made Stephen Humphrys is fit again & with my hand on my heart, he will give 150% but.... yes I think he has great potential to score goals and I hope he does..

Does our style of play allow this?

Give him the 4-4-2 option please 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:18 - Nov 24 with 3384 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:09 - Nov 24 by blackdogblue

I am going to make a controversial statement here and hope to the high heavens I am proved wrong here... much hype has been made Stephen Humphrys is fit again & with my hand on my heart, he will give 150% but.... yes I think he has great potential to score goals and I hope he does..

Does our style of play allow this?

Give him the 4-4-2 option please 👍

We're playing 442 or am I missing something 😂

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:19 - Nov 24 with 3377 viewsDaleiLama

First 15 better than Saturday by a country mile. Still no end product yet but much more watchable

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:20 - Nov 24 with 3371 viewsisitme

Well done Jimmy much stronger.

Oh dear Smith bullied O'Connell there.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 19:21]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:21 - Nov 24 with 3345 viewsboromat

No chance at set pieces like men against children.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:21 - Nov 24 with 3336 viewsdawlishdale

So easy for them. Dammit.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:21 - Nov 24 with 3323 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:18 - Nov 24 by boromat

We're playing 442 or am I missing something 😂

Sorry blind to I follow.. have said on a different thread I’m not allowed to watch steaming media on my work laptop..

Can hear sky football news though 😡

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Northampton on 19:21 - Nov 24 with 3321 views442Dale

That Smith is almost impossible to stop if the delivery is right.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024