Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site 09:41 - Feb 8 with 4727 viewsjonahwhereru

The article about Dale on their site covers the sale of Beesley and Morley and the obligatory reference to L2 being the Rochdale division. However they they then backwards and reference the board looking to seek investment by selling the club to a new owner.
It like the last 8 months haven’t happened. Really disappointing as I thought our recent power struggles had reached a wide audience among other league clubs, but apparently not. Hope their are not to many examples of are fight not registering with other EFL clubs.
UTDNFS
Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 10:06 - Feb 8 with 4656 viewsSuddenLad

Obviously our struggles have not been reported by Mr. Bean in the 'Vegan Times' so it's perhaps not reached their supporters.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 10:14 - Feb 8 with 4608 views1907

Please could you email Forest Green your concerns & hopefully they may address it, or maybe even put something on social media in retrospect which may aide us.
Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 10:16 - Feb 8 with 4586 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

We have been in contact with the FGR Supporters site, and are hopeful that they will make the relevant amends soon.

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 10:19 - Feb 8 with 4568 viewsmidlandsdale

Its poor when a club on the up decides to become all billy big boots and look down on others just because they are in a good place at the moment. I hope this is just lazy reporting rather than a deeper inbuilt attitude at the club.

Let us not forget others who had their moment in the sun and have since faded away. We thankfully have never got above our station which is one of the most enduring things about us and the very reason we are all fighting to stay the club we are.
Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 10:22 - Feb 8 with 4554 viewsjonahwhereru

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 10:14 - Feb 8 by 1907

Please could you email Forest Green your concerns & hopefully they may address it, or maybe even put something on social media in retrospect which may aide us.

1907 this site is the full extent of my social media uptake. I just wonder if someone else my be better placed to articulate to FGR the challenges the club have faced head on in recent times. I am travelling to the game shortly, if no one has posted on here that they have contacted FGR bY the time I get back I will write to them.
Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 10:38 - Feb 8 with 4473 views1907

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 10:22 - Feb 8 by jonahwhereru

1907 this site is the full extent of my social media uptake. I just wonder if someone else my be better placed to articulate to FGR the challenges the club have faced head on in recent times. I am travelling to the game shortly, if no one has posted on here that they have contacted FGR bY the time I get back I will write to them.

Appreciate that.

I think it makes more sense to contact clubs directly in the moment to rectify these issues as we really could do with the support of each & every club.

It’s great that you’ve highlighted the issue & UTDNFS has already swiftly contacted FGR.

Teamwork makes the dream work & all that.
Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 12:05 - Feb 8 with 4272 viewsTVOS1907

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 10:19 - Feb 8 by midlandsdale

Its poor when a club on the up decides to become all billy big boots and look down on others just because they are in a good place at the moment. I hope this is just lazy reporting rather than a deeper inbuilt attitude at the club.

Let us not forget others who had their moment in the sun and have since faded away. We thankfully have never got above our station which is one of the most enduring things about us and the very reason we are all fighting to stay the club we are.

It's on the Supporters Club website, so it's not the club, it's their fans organisation.

https://www.fgrsc.com/news/rochdale-visit-nailsworth-for-the-1st-time-on-8th-feb

I would say it's down to poor Googling than any other ingrained attitude.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 12:51 - Feb 8 with 4148 viewsD_Alien

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 12:05 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

It's on the Supporters Club website, so it's not the club, it's their fans organisation.

https://www.fgrsc.com/news/rochdale-visit-nailsworth-for-the-1st-time-on-8th-feb

I would say it's down to poor Googling than any other ingrained attitude.

They've not been on the scene for two minutes, insufficient time for attitudes to become ingrained! We're here to help them avoid such a fate

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 12:57 - Feb 8 with 4128 viewsDaleiLama

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 12:51 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

They've not been on the scene for two minutes, insufficient time for attitudes to become ingrained! We're here to help them avoid such a fate

Forest Grain Rovers? Sounds like a combined harvester for woodland.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 13:05 - Feb 8 with 4089 viewsD_Alien

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 12:57 - Feb 8 by DaleiLama

Forest Grain Rovers? Sounds like a combined harvester for woodland.

Indeed. Their Googling skills suggests they've only learned to 'log on'

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 13:18 - Feb 8 with 4051 views49thseason

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 13:05 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

Indeed. Their Googling skills suggests they've only learned to 'log on'

We shouldn't really leave these sort of things to chance. We have a full time marketing team, surely they could write a factual press pack about RAFC and send it to relevant people and organisations of the clubs we are about to play? A " current news" section, past players, "about" RAFC including a brief history, and facts and figures would give those responsible for creating programmes, website content etc. a head start and prevent misunderstandings, No right- thinking person wants to write stuff that isnt accurate do they? Especially in these difficult times. Or maybe we already do this and it just didnt land in the right hands?
Selling the club isnt just about making videos of the manager before and after games and pushing tickets for the next game, its also about image and perception throughout the game.
Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 16:30 - Feb 8 with 3726 viewsHullDale

The article has been updated with,

"Note — Rochdale fans have said “Really disappointing as I thought our recent power struggles had reached a wide audience among other league clubs, but apparently not.

Apologies if we’ve misrepresented, Rochdale fans. Please let us know how and we’ll put it right."

Hopefully they are in contact with someone to get the full story.
Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 15:46 - Feb 9 with 3274 viewsjonahwhereru

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 16:30 - Feb 8 by HullDale

The article has been updated with,

"Note — Rochdale fans have said “Really disappointing as I thought our recent power struggles had reached a wide audience among other league clubs, but apparently not.

Apologies if we’ve misrepresented, Rochdale fans. Please let us know how and we’ll put it right."

Hopefully they are in contact with someone to get the full story.

Bit disconcerting to se my words quoted on their site.
Working behind the scenes to better acquaint them with our current position, so they can put things right.
Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 20:07 - Feb 10 with 2923 views_Windydale

The whole article reads like a jumble of 'fun facts' gathered together by a supporter with the intent of being condescending. Just cos we are a team lower down the division. The bully! Pick on someone your own Size like Sutton United.
Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 21:58 - Feb 10 with 2783 viewsboromat

Just read it. Looks like this has been added.

'Note — Rochdale fans have said “Really disappointing as I thought our recent power struggles had reached a wide audience among other league clubs, but apparently not.

Apologies if we’ve misrepresented, Rochdale fans. Please let us know how and we’ll put it right.'

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 15:33 - Feb 11 with 2543 viewsAtThePeake

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 20:07 - Feb 10 by _Windydale

The whole article reads like a jumble of 'fun facts' gathered together by a supporter with the intent of being condescending. Just cos we are a team lower down the division. The bully! Pick on someone your own Size like Sutton United.

In defence of the FGR supporters who run that site, they'll have taken time out of their day to produce that page and while it's far from perfect, it's done on a voluntary basis and they probably don't have enough time to cross-reference everything they write.

I was hoping to continue doing match previews this season but frankly, I don't have time anymore, especially because the research involved in looking at the opposition teams takes up too much time if I want to be 100% accurate without upsetting anyone who thinks I'm being condescending or misinterpreting certain nuances in their situations.

Fair play to the FGR fan for at least trying to compile some interesting things about our club for their fans to read up on and the majority of it doesn't read as condescending to me at all.

Tangled up in blue.

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 15:37 - Feb 11 with 2540 viewsjonahwhereru

Poor Write Up On FRG Supporters Club Site on 21:58 - Feb 10 by boromat

Just read it. Looks like this has been added.

'Note — Rochdale fans have said “Really disappointing as I thought our recent power struggles had reached a wide audience among other league clubs, but apparently not.

Apologies if we’ve misrepresented, Rochdale fans. Please let us know how and we’ll put it right.'

I wrote to the FRG supporters site giving them an update about the board manoeuvres and the attempted takeover, which is now going to court.
They responded by wishing us luck. Bit late now to rewrite the article, but at least they now have a better understanding of the position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024