Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson Contract 18:32 - Jun 18 with 14667 viewsDaleyBrent

Henderson Contract on 18:41 - Jun 18 with 5849 viewsDaleyBrent

Not offered a new contract? SURELY that can’t be true.
Henderson Contract on 18:43 - Jun 18 with 5826 views1949er

On whose decision???????

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Henderson Contract on 18:43 - Jun 18 with 5805 viewsnordenblue

Henderson Contract on 18:41 - Jun 18 by DaleyBrent

Sounds like this has been thrashed out previously and he wants longer than they are willing to offer
Henderson Contract on 18:45 - Jun 18 with 5799 viewsmacro

It's been widely speculated that he can get more money at the likes of Salford. I for one am not surprised. Just a shame if true that Covid has robbed him of the opportunity of getting the goal scoring record
Henderson Contract on 18:45 - Jun 18 with 5793 viewsmacro

Henderson Contract on 18:43 - Jun 18 by nordenblue

Sounds like this has been thrashed out previously and he wants longer than they are willing to offer

More likely more money than is affordable
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 18:45]
Henderson Contract on 18:49 - Jun 18 with 5739 viewsSaxonDale

Henderson Contract on 18:51 - Jun 18 with 5713 viewsBrierls

I'll be gutted if true.

I think both sides have stuck to their guns on this one.
Henderson Contract on 18:56 - Jun 18 with 5658 viewsoddjob007

If it came down to ensuring we have a football club in the future and not gambling, I’d fully support it.

If true, I really hope there is some sort of explaining statement, rather than just a list.
Login to get fewer ads

Henderson Contract on 19:05 - Jun 18 with 5577 viewsisitme

It's likely that he has been in negotiations for some time but failed to agree terms. We are probably in a position where we can't/won't improve on the last offer and therefore he will leave.

It will be an interesting list. I would not be surprised if every out of contract player has been released. It will be a buyers market with a lot of players available on one year deals.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 19:08]
Henderson Contract on 19:07 - Jun 18 with 5551 viewssweetcorn

Long season ahead next year, our only consistent goal threat and the clubs talisman, we’d have got relegated the last 3 years without him.

Actually gutted at this news to be honest.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Henderson Contract on 19:10 - Jun 18 with 5499 viewsDaleiLama

Tbh, I've had enough of the new normal already. Can we have the old one back please?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Henderson Contract on 19:15 - Jun 18 with 5420 views442Dale

Not much of a surprise. The game has changed in the last few months and while we will miss the goals, many other clubs will be in a similar boat and almost starting again as well.

In many ways, we may be glad in the long term that a contract wasn’t agreed previously. Time will tell.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson Contract on 19:16 - Jun 18 with 5414 viewsD_Alien

Dead simple for me

If he wants to try his luck elsewhere rather than keep to what he said he'd like to do - which is finish his career at Dale - byebye Hendo and thanks for (most of) the memories, and absolutely the club shouldn't be expected to make him an offer beyond what would be reasonable. We did that with KH, and came unstuck

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson Contract on 19:20 - Jun 18 with 5363 viewssweetcorn

Unbelievable to think that we’ve been paying Calvin (a handsome amount if the rumours are true) for the last 2 years, but we’ve struggled to find middle ground with our greatest of all time.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Henderson Contract on 19:21 - Jun 18 with 5360 viewsmacro

Henderson Contract on 19:05 - Jun 18 by isitme

It's likely that he has been in negotiations for some time but failed to agree terms. We are probably in a position where we can't/won't improve on the last offer and therefore he will leave.

It will be an interesting list. I would not be surprised if every out of contract player has been released. It will be a buyers market with a lot of players available on one year deals.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 19:08]

Kids will be cheap. I'd expect camps to be offered a deal. Marker is going to be flooded with players
Henderson Contract on 19:22 - Jun 18 with 5342 viewselectricblue

Current climate and the finances dictate that the high earners out of contract will be leaving.
Henderson.
Andrew.
Lillis.
Wilbraham.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Henderson Contract on 19:23 - Jun 18 with 5330 viewsfitzochris

That report is incorrect. Henderson has been offered a new contract but he and his agents have procrastinated for far too long and, while I don’t know the exact terms they demanded, I’m told they are beyond what we can offer, especially in the current climate.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Henderson Contract on 19:23 - Jun 18 with 5331 viewsmacro

Henderson Contract on 19:20 - Jun 18 by sweetcorn

Unbelievable to think that we’ve been paying Calvin (a handsome amount if the rumours are true) for the last 2 years, but we’ve struggled to find middle ground with our greatest of all time.

Middle ground, that's assuming that theres a realistic starting point. If a club like Salford have offered a deal then we know it would be impossible to get anywhere near it.
Henderson Contract on 19:39 - Jun 18 with 5172 viewsSaxonDale

Henderson will be the most sought-after freebie outside the Championship and has repaid the faith we showed in him 10 fold. Said it before but are there (m)any clubs in L1 who wouldn't offer Hendo a contract and unfortunately wage-wise we'd be near the bottom. Will save the tribute until I'm certain he's gone, but as disappointed as I am there was a certain inevitability to it IMO.
Henderson Contract on 19:40 - Jun 18 with 5152 viewsShun

Right, he’s gone. Thanks a huge amount for the incredible memories you’ve given us, Ian. But you’re no longer a Rochdale player so let’s focus on going forward.

It’ll be a huge task (near impossible) but the club will have known about his intentions for months now and I have no doubt BBM will have a shortlist drawn up for how to replace those 15+ goals a season. His recruitment has been great so far so I’m trusting him.
Henderson Contract on 19:45 - Jun 18 with 5110 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson Contract on 19:52 - Jun 18 with 5033 viewspioneer

Henderson Contract on 18:41 - Jun 18 by DaleyBrent

As Fitz says, it isnt true.

Would be interesting to know what he has turned down, but I dont expect we shall ever know.

Its been a fantastic run...thanks for the memories.

Hail Sir Reg...still Rochdale’s leading goalscorer.
Henderson Contract on 19:54 - Jun 18 with 5006 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Henderson Contract on 19:54 - Jun 18 with 5009 viewsfunkkk

Of course he's been offered a contract it's laughable to think otherwise. Gutted, but not surprised, he's off. Absolute GOAT.
Henderson Contract on 19:55 - Jun 18 with 5000 viewsSaxonDale

Henderson Contract on 19:45 - Jun 18 by 442Dale

In the comments section he also suggests MJ Williams is leaving.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024