Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New look site - how do I...? 08:44 - Jul 30 with 6134 viewsColDale

Any issues / concerns / should have stuck with the Alternative Dale Website....

please stick them in here.

Its new to be too so am learning as we go, but am hoping it should a step forward and easier to use all round.
New look site - how do I...? on 08:52 - Jul 30 with 3678 viewsColDale

Few bits and bobs which are changed - I'll add to this as I learn them myself

On the forum, you can view it in more ways than ever before. If you don't like the company of other people, you can view the board simply on the basis of threads that you have posted in - useful for checking up to see whether people have replied to you.

You can vote posts up or down now rather than just liking them.

On an admin front, I can lock threads rather than just deleting them. I know thats not state of the art but from an admin point of view, its much more useful.

The difference in replying to posts (via icon) will take getting used to but within a day or two, it's not exactly rocket science.

The polls will no doubt be a bit silly to begin with but will settle down eventually.

If you don't like videos or images on the board, you can simply turn off this feature. Useful for those on phones / living in the 90's.
New look site - how do I...? on 09:02 - Jul 30 with 3665 viewsColDale

We now can feature blogs on the site. Anyone wanting to become a RochdaleAFC.com blogger, whether its a regular or as a one off, then please get in touch using the usual PM system on here, and I can set things up for you.
New look site - how do I...? on 09:13 - Jul 30 with 3660 viewssteofthedale

New look site - how do I...? on 08:52 - Jul 30 by ColDale

On the forum, you can view it in more ways than ever before. If you don't like the company of other people, you can view the board simply on the basis of threads that you have posted in - useful for checking up to see whether people have replied to you.

On an admin front, I can lock threads rather than just deleting them. I know thats not state of the art but from an admin point of view, its much more useful.

The difference in replying to posts (via icon) will take getting used to but within a day or two, it's not exactly rocket science.

The polls will no doubt be a bit silly to begin with but will settle down eventually.

If you don't like videos or images on the board, you can simply turn off this feature. Useful for those on phones / living in the 90's.

Is it intended to run the old prediction league (used to be on the 'interactive link)?

steofthedale*

New look site - how do I...? on 09:16 - Jul 30 with 3650 viewsColDale

New look site - how do I...? on 09:13 - Jul 30 by steofthedale

Is it intended to run the old prediction league (used to be on the 'interactive link)?

yes. Click on interactive, and predictions is the top one on there. Should be accessible via the front page as well. I think the mb rotates something on the rhs and everynow and then the PL comes up.
New look site - how do I...? on 09:45 - Jul 30 with 3591 viewsSaxonDale

Looks good to me Col. Not sure when this will be used unless Roccys talking about Kiss.

0ne here for Sweetcorn too,
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 10:00]
New look site - how do I...? on 09:57 - Jul 30 with 3574 viewsColDale

New look site - how do I...? on 09:45 - Jul 30 by SaxonDale

Looks good to me Col. Not sure when this will be used unless Roccys talking about Kiss.

bloody hell, there's loads of them smileys.

There's a few bits and bobs which just need updating like "League one guide" etc which I'll get round to over the next few weeks.
New look site - how do I...? on 10:15 - Jul 30 with 3544 viewsKenBoon

Thank god its been brought out of 1997. Looks good to me.
New look site - how do I...? on 10:50 - Jul 30 with 3488 viewsD_Alien

Its a from me

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

New look site - how do I...? on 10:53 - Jul 30 with 3481 viewsBrierls

Looks good and appears a bit quicker to load. Good stuff
New look site - how do I...? on 11:30 - Jul 30 with 3435 viewsMoonyDale

A massive improvement Col, well done....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

New look site - how do I...? on 12:00 - Jul 30 with 3392 viewssteofthedale

New look site - how do I...? on 09:16 - Jul 30 by ColDale

yes. Click on interactive, and predictions is the top one on there. Should be accessible via the front page as well. I think the mb rotates something on the rhs and everynow and then the PL comes up.

When I click on interactive nothing happens.

Perhaps it could be I am using a PC at work and some fiendish IT filter is blocking me.
I'll try later from home

steofthedale*

New look site - how do I...? on 12:02 - Jul 30 with 3382 viewsColDale

New look site - how do I...? on 12:00 - Jul 30 by steofthedale

When I click on interactive nothing happens.

Perhaps it could be I am using a PC at work and some fiendish IT filter is blocking me.
I'll try later from home

I think I've had the same issues though we've been unable to recreate those problems

you can try a direct link http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/prediction-league/summary/match:9
New look site - how do I...? on 12:46 - Jul 30 with 3312 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

looks gay
New look site - how do I...? on 13:33 - Jul 30 with 3267 viewsCornish_Dale

The new site seems so much better. I have not posted for ages, mainly because i forgot my log in details and we had to put up with messers Eyre and Coleman. There is definately a new sense of direction and optimism with the club and the team seems so talented. What excites myself more is the fact theat many of those players would of been signed knowing they are not guaranteed first team spots. You have to work hard to be in Team Rochdale.
New look site - how do I...? on 14:04 - Jul 30 with 3232 viewsChaffRAFC

Big fan of the new layout. Looks very good.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New look site - how do I...? on 15:44 - Jul 30 with 3147 viewsgigger

I may not be welcome or liked by most on here but it's a massive improvement well done to those involved

What's happened to kel ???

New look site - how do I...? on 16:19 - Jul 30 with 3111 viewsroccydaleian

New look site - how do I...? on 09:45 - Jul 30 by SaxonDale

Ha,ha
New look site - how do I...? on 16:25 - Jul 30 with 3100 viewsHopwoodblue

New look site - how do I...? on 08:52 - Jul 30 by ColDale

Hi Col,
Someone said you may be able to help me as I want to change my user name but not my email address. Can you ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

New look site - how do I...? on 16:31 - Jul 30 with 3073 viewsfermin

I see the picture to the side of your post gets faded out if you are offline, which is useful.

Some/most of the items on the other drop down menus need updating, but I think this was the same on the old site. The news link is a bit odd as the top story is to Ray Putterill scoring against Fleetwood, which is a bit of a random match to go for. Presumably this will get sorted out as the season gets going. I think this page should be rearranged a bit to get the more regularly updated sections nearer the top.
New look site - how do I...? on 17:03 - Jul 30 with 3029 viewsBrierls

New look site - how do I...? on 16:31 - Jul 30 by fermin

I see the picture to the side of your post gets faded out if you are offline, which is useful.

Some/most of the items on the other drop down menus need updating, but I think this was the same on the old site. The news link is a bit odd as the top story is to Ray Putterill scoring against Fleetwood, which is a bit of a random match to go for. Presumably this will get sorted out as the season gets going. I think this page should be rearranged a bit to get the more regularly updated sections nearer the top.

I was wondering why some of the avatars were faded. D'oh!
New look site - how do I...? on 17:19 - Jul 30 with 3007 viewsDale23years

massive improvement col well done
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 17:21]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

New look site - how do I...? on 17:48 - Jul 30 with 2972 views_dezzy

I have found a use to 1 of the smileys.

Belford is Belford is
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 18:11]

KHBA

New look site - how do I...? on 18:22 - Jul 30 with 2944 viewsD_Dale

I miss the info. about how many posts members have made (gives a sense of their involvement). Clicking on a member's name leads to two news stories: one on the fans' forum, the other about QPR. Is there a need to do a new Bookmark/Favourites?
New look site - how do I...? on 18:25 - Jul 30 with 2935 viewsColDale

New look site - how do I...? on 18:22 - Jul 30 by D_Dale

I miss the info. about how many posts members have made (gives a sense of their involvement). Clicking on a member's name leads to two news stories: one on the fans' forum, the other about QPR. Is there a need to do a new Bookmark/Favourites?

Ideally the two things should do the same, but try clicking on the avatar rather than the username. Does that sort what you want?
New look site - how do I...? on 19:03 - Jul 30 with 2880 viewsArthurDaley

Oh God NO, not another change, at 64 I don't like changes.

Still I suppose I will have to get used to it

A large VAT Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024