Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, 17:11 - Oct 12 with 9212 viewsColDale

........ever

Could have been six or seven.

Either Newport are Conference bound or we are magnificent. Was almost embarrassing how one sided that was today. From start to finish,there was only one team in it and it says it all that their only effort on goal was from a penalty and they still didn't score.

Looking at the age of our players, could it be possible that Keith Hill v2 is even better than v1?
The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:14 - Oct 12 with 4627 viewsR17ALE

It was summed up when at 0-3 their keeper was time wasting over taking a goal kick.

As The Russian put it so eloquently, "we groomed them in the first half and dry raped them second half!"

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:16 - Oct 12 with 4599 viewsClivert

Comment of the day was ........

'Even our goalkeeper is a better footballer than half of their team'.
The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:17 - Oct 12 with 4594 viewsMoonyDale

Just got in after one of the most one sided games seen at Spotland for many a day. We were better in every area of the park, should have been more and would have been if not for their keeper. Great to see Hery's goal and celebration in front of the Sandy. This is some squad Hilly has assembled and you just had to look at the bench to see the strength in depth we have. Up to 5th now and we look unbeatable at home, only negative for me was the low crowd again. The stay away fans missed another cracking game....Get your backsides back up to see the lads, worth every penny to see football of this quality..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:20 - Oct 12 with 4566 viewsSuddenLad

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:16 - Oct 12 by Clivert

Comment of the day was ........

'Even our goalkeeper is a better footballer than half of their team'.

Ian Mellor, former Manchester City player,

"The finest performance you're ever likely see from any team at this level".

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:32 - Oct 12 with 4473 viewsAtThePeake

Unbelievable stuff from Dale.

As for Col's final comment, I'm starting to agree - hence why I stopped my 'comparison' blogs...

Fantastic performance. They were awful but we made them look even worse. Find it odd how poor they were given the FL experience they have within the squad.

Tangled up in blue.

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:35 - Oct 12 with 4426 viewsYouTubeDale

We are a well oiled machine at the moment and I can see us going all the way. Pass and press, pass and press (62% possession according to the BBC)...A joy to watch. We have to pinch ourselves again.

We made them look like a pub team. They certainly behaved like one with their constant fouling, 18 according to the BBC.

Shame Jamie Allen didn't score but I was so glad it fell to Cummins to score his goal. This guy is starting to come good. He is holding the ball up much better and he plays fair - in the Rochdale spirit. I am hoping we can buy him off Preston.

And we didn't miss PFA Player of the month Hogan because of the TEAM effort and skill.

Oh, and Vincenti's goal...OMG !!!!!!!

Up the football league we go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 12 Oct 2013 17:38]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:37 - Oct 12 with 4410 viewsColDale

For me the Hery goal was even more special than the Vincenti goal. He had an open goal to aim for, but he decided to wait and round the keeper before scoring. Why do something simple when you can look good?
The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:38 - Oct 12 with 4394 viewsShun

Excellent performance. What stood out this week compared to, say, the last home performance was that there weren't really any stand-out players - it was just a genuinely fantastic all-round team performance. I also agree with Col, I took a couple of 'newbies' today and when they asked me about each of our players I seemed to be replying with, "Erm, he's only 19 or 20 I think." I hope this squad can stick together for years to come - they'll only get better!

Just a note for Hery's goal and celebration - the epitome of cool.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2013 17:39]
Login to get fewer ads

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:41 - Oct 12 with 4361 viewsD_Alien

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:37 - Oct 12 by ColDale

For me the Hery goal was even more special than the Vincenti goal. He had an open goal to aim for, but he decided to wait and round the keeper before scoring. Why do something simple when you can look good?

KH didn't look too impressed with his celebratory run to the bench - highfived Beechy but Hilly seemed to give him a look as if to say "just get on with the game, lad"

Nowt wrong with a bit of French flair!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:42 - Oct 12 with 4344 viewsSaxonDale

Hill has built this team in just over 9 months. He is an absolute genius.

Just to add, a year ago tomorrow we lost 2-1 at home to Morecambe. This was the squad we had that day, both in terms of attitude and ability our squad has developed an incredible amount.

01 Lillis
02 Rafferty
03 Bennett
04 Cavanagh
05 R Edwards
12 P Edwards (Kennedy - 51' )
14 McIntyre
08 Tutte
11 Grimes
09 Donnelly
15 Adebola

Substitutes

31 Smith
19 Pearson
24 Byrne
06 Barry-Murphy
07 Kennedy
17 Watson
23 Craney
[Post edited 12 Oct 2013 17:46]
The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 18:37 - Oct 12 with 4032 views442Dale

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:41 - Oct 12 by D_Alien

KH didn't look too impressed with his celebratory run to the bench - highfived Beechy but Hilly seemed to give him a look as if to say "just get on with the game, lad"

Nowt wrong with a bit of French flair!

Twas Jack he ran to. Hill was as jolly as I've seen him today.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 18:42 - Oct 12 with 3988 viewsdingdangblue

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:38 - Oct 12 by Shun

Excellent performance. What stood out this week compared to, say, the last home performance was that there weren't really any stand-out players - it was just a genuinely fantastic all-round team performance. I also agree with Col, I took a couple of 'newbies' today and when they asked me about each of our players I seemed to be replying with, "Erm, he's only 19 or 20 I think." I hope this squad can stick together for years to come - they'll only get better!

Incredible performance from such a young team in both age and experience as "a team". Who knows how far this set of players can go - but I can't wait to find out. Henderson and Lund just get better every time I see them. A joy to be a Dale fan again.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 18:52 - Oct 12 with 3939 viewsoff2div1

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 17:38 - Oct 12 by Shun

Bastien,s goal celebration was not Guitar playing but an African dance he did in Paris with his friends
The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:01 - Oct 12 with 3888 viewsTomRAFC

Newport came out with the classic non-league team looking for back to back promotions tactic with no plan B.

Hoof ball!

Newport are without doubt one of the clumsiest sides Imaginable. We didn't get dragged down into their style of play and suitably humiliated them.

The passing play from dale was almost orgasmic.

Everyone played well.

Lancashire and O'Connell are perhaps the calmest centre back pairing I have ever seen. I sincerely hope we extend O'Connell's stay at dale.

Hendo was his usual excellent self but my MOM today has to be Vincenti. Quality performance. He proved he is not just a big man but a talent player as well.

The option of having the likes of Vincenti and Cummings for physical teams and Done and Bunney for more technical teams could prove a gem.

I predict spotland could be a real fortress for us this season. Performances like that deserve the play offs as a minimum.

Also a special mention for Rafferty today who has come back in and had a really solid game.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:02 - Oct 12 with 3877 viewspnc4eva1

Not mentioned yet but Dicker has proved to be a magnificent signing. Today I felt he was above superb. He ran the midfield and kept everything ticking over. The man is so calm and cool. He sits happily in front of the defence and took the micky at time today.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:03 - Oct 12 with 3876 viewsDaley_Lama

I guess i have to put this one in the same 'gutted i missed it' bucket as the 3-0 at Bradford.

Poll: DF in or out

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:09 - Oct 12 with 3824 views100notout

Justin Edinburgh - "I think they were probably the best side we've come up against. We found it hard to deal with them. [They] passed the ball very well and caused us problems."

Really impressed today. That is all

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:11 - Oct 12 with 3807 viewsTomRAFC

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:03 - Oct 12 by Daley_Lama

I guess i have to put this one in the same 'gutted i missed it' bucket as the 3-0 at Bradford.

Imagine the way we played against wycombe for the first 30 minutes for the full 90 and you are pretty much there.

Not only a great win but fantastic to watch. Stunning football.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:16 - Oct 12 with 3777 views442Dale

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:11 - Oct 12 by TomRAFC

Imagine the way we played against wycombe for the first 30 minutes for the full 90 and you are pretty much there.

Not only a great win but fantastic to watch. Stunning football.

Thing is, we may have stumbled across a way to play away today. If Hogan had been fit we might not have seen Allen in the side and thus a change in how we set out. Vincenti looked much more effective on the left and Lancashiree was excellent. Q

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:22 - Oct 12 with 3718 views49thseason

I feel happier tonight than after any matchfor the last 2 and a bit years. The football was sublime, played in the correct manner by a team that obviously like playing the game as a team. KH has worked an absolute miracle in recruiting a side that simply oozes class. There will lots of managers who will say that their team has had a "bad day at the Office" but the fact will be that they have been "footballed to death" .
"Just like watching Brazil" would be an understatement for today's performance, it was comprehensively brilliant and shame on the stay-aways for missing it.
The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:25 - Oct 12 with 3693 viewsmacro

Newport came with a nil nil gameplan and the wonder goal killed it. They resorted to physicality and looked out classed
The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:55 - Oct 12 with 3504 viewsroccydaleian

Not to much to add really. Dale were superb today, but i would have given the M.O.M. to Vincenti, a great goal and a supreb assist for our third goal as well. Up the Dale.
Happy Days.
The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:58 - Oct 12 with 3486 viewsrobbowood

From Newport County's message board

Rochdale are a curse. Beat us in our final game before dropping out of the league, beat us before we were promoted at Walsall and have given us our first spanking back in the league. They also beat us in the very next game after we put West Ham out of FA cup. There was some bizarre statistic associated with Rochdale beating us after we won against the Hammers. We beat West Ham who had beaten another English side, who had just beaten the European Champions. This run of games, concluding with the win for Rochdale against the County, suggested that Rochdale were the best team in Europe. So we lost today, but I'll console myself that it was against a team that were once top of Europe - and have been in the League Cup Final - tough opposition!
The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 20:07 - Oct 12 with 3427 viewsR17ALE

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 19:58 - Oct 12 by robbowood

From Newport County's message board

Rochdale are a curse. Beat us in our final game before dropping out of the league, beat us before we were promoted at Walsall and have given us our first spanking back in the league. They also beat us in the very next game after we put West Ham out of FA cup. There was some bizarre statistic associated with Rochdale beating us after we won against the Hammers. We beat West Ham who had beaten another English side, who had just beaten the European Champions. This run of games, concluding with the win for Rochdale against the County, suggested that Rochdale were the best team in Europe. So we lost today, but I'll console myself that it was against a team that were once top of Europe - and have been in the League Cup Final - tough opposition!

You couldn't supply a link to their Forum. The leek munching gits will be getting home now and it would be interesting to read their views!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 20:12 - Oct 12 with 3375 views442Dale

The most comprehensive 3-0 in the world,,,,,,, on 20:07 - Oct 12 by R17ALE

You couldn't supply a link to their Forum. The leek munching gits will be getting home now and it would be interesting to read their views!

http://www.the-exiles.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024