Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walcott 09:16 - Oct 5 with 8073 viewssolent_toffee

On his way to Saints according to the Liverpool Echo.
Walcott on 09:24 - Oct 5 with 4175 viewsInsideOut

to buy his season tickets ?

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Walcott on 09:28 - Oct 5 with 4160 viewsJaySaint

Theo, Theo, Theo, Theo

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Walcott on 09:31 - Oct 5 with 4141 viewsPatfromPoole

Utterly bizarre signing if it happens.

He looks to have put on quite a bit of weight to me.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Walcott on 09:31 - Oct 5 with 4138 viewsSadoldgit

This is a strange one if true. Well above our age profile and why would he swap the bench at Everton for our bench? You’d think he would want regular game time at his age.
Walcott on 09:59 - Oct 5 with 4068 viewssolent_toffee

Walcott on 09:31 - Oct 5 by PatfromPoole

Utterly bizarre signing if it happens.

He looks to have put on quite a bit of weight to me.

Have a look at Brighton’s second goal on Saturday. Great strike and all that, but Walcott stood about two yards away and watched him bring it down and volley it. The rest of the team rinsed him for it.
Walcott on 11:14 - Oct 5 with 3934 viewsdirk_doone

We do need another goal scorer as a replacement for Long but I'd much rather we brought in a youngster like Ibrahima Niane, who would be happy to start in a subs role.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Walcott on 12:31 - Oct 5 with 3812 viewsBerber

Walcott on 11:14 - Oct 5 by dirk_doone

We do need another goal scorer as a replacement for Long but I'd much rather we brought in a youngster like Ibrahima Niane, who would be happy to start in a subs role.

Have you seen his stats for the past two seasons? He wouldn't add anything over what we have.
Walcott on 12:33 - Oct 5 with 3804 viewsVagina_Dentata

Three inconsistent wingers in Djenepo, Redmond and Walcott can surely manage a fruit fall 90 minutes between them.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Login to get fewer ads

Walcott on 12:58 - Oct 5 with 3755 viewsdirk_doone

Walcott on 12:31 - Oct 5 by Berber

Have you seen his stats for the past two seasons? He wouldn't add anything over what we have.

Really? Or were you referring to Walcott because Niane looks quite a prospect. I'd expect him to go on to great things:

[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 13:08]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Walcott on 13:02 - Oct 5 with 3746 views1teeminants

Walcott on 12:31 - Oct 5 by Berber

Sometimes players need a break and they find a new lease if life. You never know Ralph could get the best out of him

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-southampton-agree-to-sign-theo-walc

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Walcott on 13:04 - Oct 5 with 3739 viewsareasix

Don’t forget his family are local so it’s like coming home like Lambert did with Liverpool
Walcott on 13:13 - Oct 5 with 3696 viewsPatfromPoole

Walcott on 13:04 - Oct 5 by areasix

Don’t forget his family are local so it’s like coming home like Lambert did with Liverpool

That move didn’t go well though.....

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Walcott on 13:39 - Oct 5 with 3630 viewsKennington

Waiting for the interview -
“Spiritual home”
“Never wanted to leave”
Something about “philosophy of the club”.

New tag line - We breed them, sell them, buy them before they become pundits.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Walcott on 13:42 - Oct 5 with 3621 viewsgartan

Think this could be a good signing if true.... he’d have a point to prove and hopefully give 100% - local lad etc etc

Poll: Are we the most bed wetting moaning fans in the prem?

Walcott on 13:49 - Oct 5 with 3600 viewssaint22

Walcott on 13:02 - Oct 5 by 1teeminants

Sometimes players need a break and they find a new lease if life. You never know Ralph could get the best out of him

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-southampton-agree-to-sign-theo-walc

i see no sense in this at all
when did he last really perform, he is 30+, we have wide men, we just sold Boufal
there are many more areas weened strengthening than bringing in someone like him
Walcott on 13:52 - Oct 5 with 3589 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 13:42 - Oct 5 by gartan

Think this could be a good signing if true.... he’d have a point to prove and hopefully give 100% - local lad etc etc

I agree. Look as if this is happening according to reports. Wouldn't have predicted this but hey, he used to be cracking player as we all know and for obvious reasons can't get in the Everton team. But Ralph could get him going again and he could be useful to us. I would welcome him back.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Walcott on 13:52 - Oct 5 with 3589 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 13:42 - Oct 5 by gartan

I agree. Looks as if this is happening according to reports. Wouldn't have predicted this but hey, he used to be cracking player as we all know and for obvious reasons can't get in the Everton team. But Ralph could get him going again and he could be useful to us. I would welcome him back.

Walcott on 14:18 - Oct 5 with 3536 viewsgartan

Walcott on 13:52 - Oct 5 by Saintsforeverj

I agree. Looks as if this is happening according to reports. Wouldn't have predicted this but hey, he used to be cracking player as we all know and for obvious reasons can't get in the Everton team. But Ralph could get him going again and he could be useful to us. I would welcome him back.

We’d have a very decent attacking force with him in it. Sometimes we all need a fresh start and where better for him psychologically to do that at his old club. Fingers crossed

Poll: Are we the most bed wetting moaning fans in the prem?

Walcott on 14:24 - Oct 5 with 3509 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 14:18 - Oct 5 by gartan

We’d have a very decent attacking force with him in it. Sometimes we all need a fresh start and where better for him psychologically to do that at his old club. Fingers crossed

He used to be a top player, even world class with England caps. Ings, was a similar player with talent who couldn't get in the Liverpool team. The rest is history as they say. It's only a loan deal, so I think it's worth doing.

Walcott on 14:41 - Oct 5 with 3477 viewsSaintNick

Lots of pant creaming on social media about one of our own and coming home etc.

He was a full time player here for only 6 months and he came from Newbury so hardly Millbrook.

I don't blame him for taking the first chance he got for the money, but it was not a move for footballing reasons, he didn't grow naturally it was 7 seasons before he had a season playing over 30 Premier League games at Arsenal.

He has got into double figures in terms of goals only twice in his career, people slag off Redmond for not scoring enough, but Walcott's record is worse and he has had the luxury of playing in a team that dominates and wins a lot more games than we do

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Walcott on 14:44 - Oct 5 with 3461 viewsChesham_Saint

Walcott on 14:41 - Oct 5 by SaintNick

He was a full time player here for only 6 months and he came from Newbury so hardly Millbrook.

I don't blame him for taking the first chance he got for the money, but it was not a move for footballing reasons, he didn't grow naturally it was 7 seasons before he had a season playing over 30 Premier League games at Arsenal.

He has got into double figures in terms of goals only twice in his career, people slag off Redmond for not scoring enough, but Walcott's record is worse and he has had the luxury of playing in a team that dominates and wins a lot more games than we do

He may not be exactly local, but isn’t his wife the daughter of an ex mayor of the City?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Walcott on 14:44 - Oct 5 with 3457 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 14:41 - Oct 5 by SaintNick

So you wouldn't welcome him back?

Walcott on 14:45 - Oct 5 with 3460 viewsSadoldgit

Seems an odd one as it flies in the face of “the Southampton Way” whatever that actually means. No problem with the loan deal, but surely we could have found a younger player on the way up with an option to buy if he did well. Walcott is clearly just a stop gap signing. Good luck to him if he does come back though.
Walcott on 14:46 - Oct 5 with 3454 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I don't get the negativity.

He's a loan, he's inexpensive, he'll be a great back up option (Redmond, Djenepo and Armstrong aren't going to be 100% fit all season), players like Tella and Smallbone are not as good and crucially, we've been asking for some experience to help the younger players and he has it - at the best level.

He's not going to be a first 11 player unless injuries or fixture congestion and as I said with his experience he's ideal.

If he DOES become a first 11 player, it'll be because he's setting the game on fire, so best of both worlds.

Peace out.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Walcott on 14:50 - Oct 5 with 3433 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 14:46 - Oct 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I don't get the negativity.

He's a loan, he's inexpensive, he'll be a great back up option (Redmond, Djenepo and Armstrong aren't going to be 100% fit all season), players like Tella and Smallbone are not as good and crucially, we've been asking for some experience to help the younger players and he has it - at the best level.

He's not going to be a first 11 player unless injuries or fixture congestion and as I said with his experience he's ideal.

If he DOES become a first 11 player, it'll be because he's setting the game on fire, so best of both worlds.

Peace out.

Totally agree. And I think his contract runs out in one year. So Walcott has a year with us, to earn a new deal. The incentive is there, to earn a contract as he can leave Everton for free soon. He will have to impress in order to get a deal - only good for us. As you say, he is cheap, something to prove, only on loan - what is there to be negative about! And the hypocrisy from some saying be positive and support the club, only to be negative about a completely harmless signing, who has a year to give 110% to earn himself a deal!!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 14:51]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024