Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Ward-Prowse 22:18 - Jan 19 with 2069 viewsA1079

With all the noise around Ings and the difficulty with injuries to key players I just want to give a shout for JWP. What a consummate professional this guy is. He turns up, never misses a minute (and you know if he does then something must be wrong) no matter what the game or opposition and whether we are doing well or not. He is an absolute engine. I am pleased we have him in our team and at our club. I just wish some others would pick up his example.
James Ward-Prowse on 22:24 - Jan 19 with 1468 viewsSaintsforeverj

Absolutely agree. I said this in the Danny Ings thread. He has stayed here through thick and thin, even when he wasn't getting in the team. He doesn't moan, he doesn't wear expensive headphones to show off, he is just a decent, loyal and great professional who is also a world class player. My favourite Saints player for sure.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

James Ward-Prowse on 22:25 - Jan 19 with 1467 viewsdirk_doone

He is an absolute genius at free-kicks - possibly the best ever- and I really think he is going to break Beckham's record. When you consider the hundreds of thousands of professional footballers over the years who must have practised trying to do what he does but failed, it puts into perspective just how special he is.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 23:22]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

James Ward-Prowse on 22:25 - Jan 19 with 1466 viewsstmichael

Totally agree.
An absolute gem

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

James Ward-Prowse on 22:37 - Jan 19 with 1432 viewswashington_saint

James Ward-Prowse on 22:25 - Jan 19 by stmichael

Totally agree.
An absolute gem

Calling I_would, calling I_would..............
James Ward-Prowse on 22:38 - Jan 19 with 1427 viewsSaintNick

Hard to think that when Ralph arrived he was out of the team and at a crossroads

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

James Ward-Prowse on 22:43 - Jan 19 with 1412 viewsA1079

James Ward-Prowse on 22:38 - Jan 19 by SaintNick

Hard to think that when Ralph arrived he was out of the team and at a crossroads

Agree Nick. It just shows how a person can change something. It is like having a good school teacher and a poor one. The first one will inspire you, encourage you and make you believe the second one will make you want to leave.
James Ward-Prowse on 22:55 - Jan 19 with 1397 viewscocklebreath

James Ward-Prowse on 22:38 - Jan 19 by SaintNick

Last season against I think Watford we’re one down playing terribly and he mis places a simple pass, half the ground including me groan and then he crowd sing for Romeu to come on, what a turnaround

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

James Ward-Prowse on 23:03 - Jan 19 with 1376 viewsKennington

An extraordinary talent that is playing brilliantly. How many free kicks has he got now?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Login to get fewer ads

James Ward-Prowse on 23:05 - Jan 19 with 1374 viewsBicester_North

James Ward-Prowse on 22:55 - Jan 19 by cocklebreath

Last season against I think Watford we’re one down playing terribly and he mis places a simple pass, half the ground including me groan and then he crowd sing for Romeu to come on, what a turnaround

That behaviour is extra special, even by our fans standards

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

James Ward-Prowse on 23:26 - Jan 19 with 1333 viewsI_would

Do you lot pay an Irish bloke at the front door £5k cash to fix your roof?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

James Ward-Prowse on 23:57 - Jan 19 with 1297 viewsdirk_doone

James Ward-Prowse on 23:26 - Jan 19 by I_would

I'm sorry to hear you had that experience. Not all Irish people are that bad.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

James Ward-Prowse on 00:03 - Jan 20 with 1293 viewsBison

'You lot' ?

Saints fans I guess you mean. What's up with Pompey chimes ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

James Ward-Prowse on 00:07 - Jan 20 with 1283 viewsI_would

James Ward-Prowse on 00:03 - Jan 20 by Bison

'You lot' ?

Saints fans I guess you mean. What's up with Pompey chimes ?

You lot of 'easily pleased'.

James Ward-Prowse on 00:17 - Jan 20 with 1272 viewsBison

James Ward-Prowse on 00:07 - Jan 20 by I_would

You lot of 'easily pleased'.

Nice try Turbot .

I can't recall the last Saints fan posted about about Portsmouth (Disney) FC

At least you watched match bud , would of cost you as BT2 subscription required so bit more money to Saints.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB.

James Ward-Prowse on 06:52 - Jan 20 with 1199 viewssaint22

Totally agree, he leads by example, his work rate and ethic are to be admired -didn’t I read he has run the furthest of any PL player - and his free kicks are quite phenomenal, what a player and captain
I wonder if other clubs are looking at him, would he stay loyal?
James Ward-Prowse on 08:22 - Jan 20 with 1131 viewscocklebreath

James Ward-Prowse on 23:05 - Jan 19 by Bicester_North

That behaviour is extra special, even by our fans standards

We were pretty much bottom of the league playing terribly, it seemed appropriate at the time

James Ward-Prowse on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 1010 viewsTimSaint

James Ward-Prowse on 08:22 - Jan 20 by cocklebreath

We were pretty much bottom of the league playing terribly, it seemed appropriate at the time

.....and he went on to score the winner in that game, from a free kick, not too dissimilar from last night's !! I also believe he put in the free kick for the Ings' headed equaliser.

TimSaint

James Ward-Prowse on 13:04 - Jan 20 with 1001 viewscocklebreath

James Ward-Prowse on 12:56 - Jan 20 by TimSaint

.....and he went on to score the winner in that game, from a free kick, not too dissimilar from last night's !! I also believe he put in the free kick for the Ings' headed equaliser.

I’m not getting on his back but back then the majority of the stadium booed him, never heard St Mary’s so hostile to one of our players, I love the way he’s turned it round. Just shows how fickle football is

James Ward-Prowse on 14:04 - Jan 20 with 966 viewsKennington

James Ward-Prowse on 13:04 - Jan 20 by cocklebreath

I’m not getting on his back but back then the majority of the stadium booed him, never heard St Mary’s so hostile to one of our players, I love the way he’s turned it round. Just shows how fickle football is

Don’t want to rewrite history as he had many very poor games, but clearly in the years gone by many coaches and managers have seen things in JWP that us sitting in the stands/watching on telly don’t. Fortunately they were right to stick with him.

James Ward-Prowse on 15:03 - Jan 20 with 932 viewsI_would

James Ward-Prowse on 14:04 - Jan 20 by Kennington

Don’t want to rewrite history as he had many very poor games, but clearly in the years gone by many coaches and managers have seen things in JWP that us sitting in the stands/watching on telly don’t. Fortunately they were right to stick with him.

Les Reed had his back the whole time and transferred out any MF players that might compete with him, hence our permanent shortage of MF options. Why pay for Lemina, Elyounoussi, Sims and Reed to play for other clubs when we need bodies here?

James Ward-Prowse on 15:53 - Jan 20 with 907 viewsBison

James Ward-Prowse on 12:56 - Jan 20 by TimSaint

Tim, just watching Prem Goals of 2002 and they just showed your avatar scoring a cracker against Ipswich I think where he ran from 1/2 way line beat 3 players then rounded the keeper. Marsden was brilliant for us not flash but first on team sheet.

James Ward-Prowse on 15:56 - Jan 20 with 906 viewsChesham_Saint

Still not forgiven him for jumping ship from the Blue Few, eh?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

James Ward-Prowse on 16:33 - Jan 20 with 894 viewsTimSaint

James Ward-Prowse on 15:53 - Jan 20 by Bison

Tim, just watching Prem Goals of 2002 and they just showed your avatar scoring a cracker against Ipswich I think where he ran from 1/2 way line beat 3 players then rounded the keeper. Marsden was brilliant for us not flash but first on team sheet.

Excellent !! Was at that game and can remember most Saints fans being in disbelief at what they had just witnessed.

Not sure whether it was that goal that prompted the 'Football Genius' chant or not, but a very likable player who really appreciated his opportunity to play in the Prem.

Been back to Portman Road just twice since and we won them both - the 5-2 romp in the Championship (11/12) and the FA Cup 1-0 win (Long scored).

TimSaint

James Ward-Prowse on 16:59 - Jan 20 with 873 viewsKennington

James Ward-Prowse on 15:03 - Jan 20 by I_would

Les Reed had his back the whole time and transferred out any MF players that might compete with him, hence our permanent shortage of MF options. Why pay for Lemina, Elyounoussi, Sims and Reed to play for other clubs when we need bodies here?

Well he was right. How much is JWP worth now, surely not much change out of £35m perhaps more?English player that can now score 10 goals a season and one of the best best free kick takers in a generation.

James Ward-Prowse on 17:50 - Jan 20 with 838 viewscocklebreath

James Ward-Prowse on 16:59 - Jan 20 by Kennington

Well he was right. How much is JWP worth now, surely not much change out of £35m perhaps more?English player that can now score 10 goals a season and one of the best best free kick takers in a generation.

No way is he worth 35 million, maybe 50 minimum. Young English midfielder who scored goals, let’s not under sell ourselves

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024