Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph - We gave up 20:27 - Feb 23 with 1811 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph just been interviewed on sky. So our players give up - unacceptable. It's not bed wetting. These are players on a lot of money and many fans watching on. Our manager said it "We gave up".
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 20:28]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph - We gave up on 20:40 - Feb 23 with 1743 viewskingslandstand1

If he said that, I turned over at the final whistle, then dare I say next gsme is must win for him. We basically have the same team as the first 10 games so what has gone wrong? Now he has to show his metal

Is it no coincidence that KWP has been missing for most of these defeats?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 20:42]
Ralph - We gave up on 20:43 - Feb 23 with 1728 viewssaint22

Ralph - We gave up on 20:40 - Feb 23 by kingslandstand1

If he said that, I turned over at the final whistle, then dare I say next gsme is must win for him. We basically have the same team as the first 10 games so what has gone wrong? Now he has to show his metal

Is Ramsay that bad he can’t do a job at RB?
Ralph - We gave up on 20:50 - Feb 23 with 1698 viewsDorsetIan

None at all. KWP is class and without him there is a massive hole in our defence.

I asked my son this afternoon who Leeds had to expose us down that side. His reply: 'oh sh!t, Raphina, he's going to take us apart'.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph - We gave up on 20:51 - Feb 23 with 1694 views1885_SFC

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/southampton/12227047

Old School is Cool

Ralph - We gave up on 20:53 - Feb 23 with 1685 viewsdirk_doone

Ralph - We gave up on 20:50 - Feb 23 by DorsetIan

None at all. KWP is class and without him there is a massive hole in our defence.

I asked my son this afternoon who Leeds had to expose us down that side. His reply: 'oh sh!t, Raphina, he's going to take us apart'.

You are right. The 2 players at the top of our lineups in our last 2 winning games were Forster and KWP. We looked a completely different team when those 2 played.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ralph - We gave up on 20:54 - Feb 23 with 1678 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph - We gave up on 20:50 - Feb 23 by DorsetIan

And Ings looking terribly fed up and is nowhere near what he was, meaning we don't score, is having no impact whatsoever? He was our only top player capable of scoring goals. He has already gone.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 20:58]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph - We gave up on 21:07 - Feb 23 with 1609 views1885_SFC

If we're relying on Adams & Redmond for goals then we're all going to be bitterly disappointed. I've said it before and I will keep on saying it; Adams is Championship level at best.

He puts himself about and tries hard - much like Brett Ormerod did - but like Brett, he just isn't good enough for this level. He snatches at chances & just doesn't have the quality or football brain needed to be a very good striker in the top flight. I hope he was watching Bamford tonight who showed him how it's done.

I don't get any joy whatsoever in writing that. I've loved Saints for more decades than I care to remember. But if we're relying on Adams & Redmond for our goals - then we're well and truly stuffed.

Old School is Cool

Ralph - We gave up on 21:40 - Feb 23 with 1523 views1ASIN12

Ralph - We gave up on 21:07 - Feb 23 by 1885_SFC

If we're relying on Adams & Redmond for goals then we're all going to be bitterly disappointed. I've said it before and I will keep on saying it; Adams is Championship level at best.

He puts himself about and tries hard - much like Brett Ormerod did - but like Brett, he just isn't good enough for this level. He snatches at chances & just doesn't have the quality or football brain needed to be a very good striker in the top flight. I hope he was watching Bamford tonight who showed him how it's done.

I don't get any joy whatsoever in writing that. I've loved Saints for more decades than I care to remember. But if we're relying on Adams & Redmond for our goals - then we're well and truly stuffed.

Have to agree with you, unfortunately.

Towards the end of last season and the start of this I thought he (Adams) had turned the corner and was becomming a great player for us.

Now for all his hard work he just has not got the skill, composure and goalscoring instict to become a premier league player.

Shame .
Login to get fewer ads

Ralph - We gave up on 22:10 - Feb 23 with 1438 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph - We gave up on 20:54 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

And Ings looking terribly fed up and is nowhere near what he was, meaning we don't score, is having no impact whatsoever? He was our only top player capable of scoring goals. He has already gone.

That would be the same Ings that scored that cracking volley recently? You seem to have a strange fixation with him. He hasn’t gone, he is still here. He can’t do it on his own.
Ralph - We gave up on 22:13 - Feb 23 with 1424 viewspjt50

Ralph - We gave up on 21:40 - Feb 23 by 1ASIN12

Towards the end of last season and the start of this I thought he (Adams) had turned the corner and was becomming a great player for us.

Now for all his hard work he just has not got the skill, composure and goalscoring instict to become a premier league player.

Shame .

Co-commentator said that Bamford took his goal like a Premier League player, whereas his later attempt, that he smashed straight at McCarthy, he took like a Championship player. Reminded me a bit of Adams. You rarely see him attempt to stroke the ball in.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 22:40]

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Ralph - We gave up on 16:26 - Feb 24 with 1086 viewsBerber

Giving up means that they are not fighting for themselves, the manager or the club. So clearly something significant has to change. Given the frequency of 9-0 results, I'd put it down to the players, not the manager or coaching staff. JWP is not really a "from the front" leader, and I can't imagine any of the squad being scared to get on his wrong side. There is not a lot wrong with his game side, but leading by example clearly doesn't work if the team are not with you.

The big problem is, I can't see a leader in that squad at present unless Romeu could step up.
Ralph - We gave up on 18:30 - Feb 24 with 1010 viewsmancuniansaint

Ralph - We gave up on 21:40 - Feb 23 by 1ASIN12

Shame .

And most importantly he clearly doesn't have a left foot. Constantly having to turn back on to his right when clearon goal down the left side. Twice that's cost us a goal in the last few matches.
Ralph - We gave up on 18:45 - Feb 24 with 995 viewsKennington

Ralph - We gave up on 20:54 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

I reckon Ings is the least of the problems in this team. I’d actually argue there are loads more players underperforming. A top striker shouldn’t have to do the amount of defending Ings has to. No wonder he’s fed up, he’s a forward, but he seems relied on to do everything.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ralph - We gave up on 23:50 - Feb 24 with 848 viewsBicester_North

Ralph - We gave up on 18:30 - Feb 24 by mancuniansaint

And most importantly he clearly doesn't have a left foot. Constantly having to turn back on to his right when clearon goal down the left side. Twice that's cost us a goal in the last few matches.

This is a good point, he will do anything to avoid his left foot.

Maybe in the championship he had the time to take it onto his right but not in this league sadly

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024