Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go 12:28 - Apr 4 with 7640 viewsJaySaint

dreadful, dreadful, dreadful

just nothing about him..very very very poor

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 09:24 - Apr 5 with 1232 viewsJaySaint

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 09:14 - Apr 5 by dirk_doone

18.52 %. That was a real lowpoint in our managerial history.

Also, note that Ralph has a better record than Pochettino, with what is clearly a much weaker squad:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southampton_F.C._managers
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 9:38]

If we survive in this division and he takes us on a good cup run what else can we expect with the finances we have?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 09:45 - Apr 5 with 1196 viewsSaintNick

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 09:24 - Apr 5 by JaySaint

If we survive in this division and he takes us on a good cup run what else can we expect with the finances we have?

What do you expect from Southampton FC, everyone who mentions the word "finances" seems to think that all we have to do is get an owner in who spends £100 million a year on transfers and we will be top 6, ask Everton fans how that works !

This is the Premier League 2021 not 1997, unless you get in an owner like Man City's then you are not going to get into the top six, Leicester have balked the trend, but they havent done it season in season out and are going to struggle as they have to replace Vardy and don't have the finances.

We could yet have our greatest season ever in the next six weeks, yet all you want to do is harp on about the fact that we haven't got an owner who is willing to break the bank, we can build on what we have and keep getting better and enjoy it for what it is.

Show me where an owner is who will spend £500 million on the club and Ill gladly welcome him, but they are few and far between, if there is one he wants to see a club with potential, one where the fans back the club, not just snipe at the owner

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 09:47 - Apr 5 with 1191 viewsJaySaint

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 09:45 - Apr 5 by SaintNick

What do you expect from Southampton FC, everyone who mentions the word "finances" seems to think that all we have to do is get an owner in who spends £100 million a year on transfers and we will be top 6, ask Everton fans how that works !

This is the Premier League 2021 not 1997, unless you get in an owner like Man City's then you are not going to get into the top six, Leicester have balked the trend, but they havent done it season in season out and are going to struggle as they have to replace Vardy and don't have the finances.

We could yet have our greatest season ever in the next six weeks, yet all you want to do is harp on about the fact that we haven't got an owner who is willing to break the bank, we can build on what we have and keep getting better and enjoy it for what it is.

Show me where an owner is who will spend £500 million on the club and Ill gladly welcome him, but they are few and far between, if there is one he wants to see a club with potential, one where the fans back the club, not just snipe at the owner

these are not my words, just borrowed from a few posts up

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 09:54 - Apr 5 with 1187 viewsRon11

A great result yesterday, and I'm really pleased for Ralph.
Would it have been the same result if Danny Ings was not in the side, he scored one and had a major hand in another. If Saints are to survive in the Premiership if they sell Danny and Ryan Bertrand they will need to invest.
Let's face it, they were terrible yesterday for the first 20 minutes or so until Danny got up to speed, and what brilliant dummy for his goal.
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 10:02 - Apr 5 with 1177 viewsdirk_doone

Actually, Nick, Leicester do have the finances, which is why they are doing so well. Getting Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his son as owners was the best thing that ever happened to Leicester.

Apparently, Leicester's 1997 League Cup Final was the first football match in this country Vichai went to and after that he became a fan. So, when they became available in 2010, he bought them.

You are right though, you have to be very lucky to get a billionaire owner who wants to buy success for his team.

Let's hope there's a billionaire football fan, looking for a team to support, watching us win at Wembley this year.

You can see from this table that although we have received similar amounts in transfer fees, Leicester spend a lot more on buying players than we do. Tielemans cost them more than £40 million.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 10:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 10:38 - Apr 5 with 1151 viewscocklebreath

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 08:38 - Apr 5 by JaySaint

survive and a good cup run.......

Remind me again why we sacked Mark Hughes?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 8:39]

Because he was fooking shite

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 12:10 - Apr 5 with 1109 viewsBicester_North

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 23:52 - Apr 4 by hedgeend61

You're right and Fmob's, we've got some muggy fans,
Ralph out, off out to enjoy the sunshine, relegation, all during the first half hour.
If you can't support the team, Fu*k off and support someone else.
Btw, if you missed it, we won, had 24 shots on goal and should have won by a few more.

Pretty much narrow the suspects down to the ones posting dribble on the boring political threads, something else they know Fu*k all about.

There is definitely a link between the political whining helmets and football bipolar brigade.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 12:17 - Apr 5 with 1100 viewsMytchettSaint

Yes, I’m sure every prospective football club owner checks message boards and the like to see if the fans of said club are a bunch of moaning minnies before he invests....

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 12:41 - Apr 5 with 1076 viewssaint22

Oh ssshhhhhhhhh
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 12:42 - Apr 5 with 1076 viewsgrumpy

Everton are 8th having played 2 games less than most of those above, if they won those they could be 4th.
Leicester are 3rd.
Yes! we could have a good season if the FA cup smiles on us but to improve we need the finances to do so.
I'm not complaining its just a fact that to stay in the top flight and have a realistic chance of winning anything you need investment.
Saints are treading on a tightrope in this division to take your eyes off it you will fall.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 13:44]
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 13:31 - Apr 5 with 1032 viewsdirk_doone

Talking of managers, this made me laugh:

"Middlesbrough 0-1 Watford

Neil Warnock is raging on the touchline. Wild gesticulations, words spewing from his mouth with anger.

Boro haven't beaten Watford in eight attempts going back to 2012, and Neil Warnock has lost his past five against the Hornets."

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 16:12 - Apr 5 with 982 viewsBerber

It was awful, that is why.
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 16:20 - Apr 5 with 970 viewsButty101

Back to the original point... Ralph doesn’t have a plan B, hence we have the results have been a bag of pop.
However I’ve said it many times Ralph is a hot and cold manager. Hopefully we are back on a hot streak which could make it a great end to a odd season

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 16:26 - Apr 5 with 968 viewsBerber

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 16:20 - Apr 5 by Butty101

Back to the original point... Ralph doesn’t have a plan B, hence we have the results have been a bag of pop.
However I’ve said it many times Ralph is a hot and cold manager. Hopefully we are back on a hot streak which could make it a great end to a odd season

Pretty much correct, at least his plan A is aeons ahead of the likes of Bruce.
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 17:28 - Apr 5 with 946 viewsdirk_doone

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 16:12 - Apr 5 by Berber

It was awful, that is why.

And the best part of the cup run - the wins against Fulham, Watford and West Brom - was under Pellegrino, not Hughes, anyway. Under him we just beat League One Wigan and lost to Chelsea.

If Hughes had been in charge all season, we'd have been relegated and got knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Win rates at Saints:

Hasenhüttl 38.46 %

Pellegrino 23.52 %

Hughes 18.52 %
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 17:35]

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 18:12 - Apr 5 with 926 viewsIngskneeslide

I love a good old fashioned mongboard double down. Jaysaint started the thread by calling for RH’s head 28 minutes into a match we would go on to win, he’s now tacitly defending the reign of Mark Hughes; another few pages and I reckon he’ll be saying Branfoot was right to drop MLT.
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 18:17 - Apr 5 with 916 viewsSalisburySaint

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 16:20 - Apr 5 by Butty101

So when he changed to 5 at the back to successfully see out the game yesterday that wasn’t a plan B ?
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 18:25 - Apr 5 with 899 viewsButty101

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 18:17 - Apr 5 by SalisburySaint

So when he changed to 5 at the back to successfully see out the game yesterday that wasn’t a plan B ?

So when we took 1 point from the last 12 league games and he barely changed tactics - i would say yeah he has no plan B.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 19:31 - Apr 5 with 867 viewsKennington

Ralph was on thin ice with me a month ago. Three key wins later and he’s again turning things around, which is credit to him. That run though of losses really was very poor and any more rugby score thrashings and he’ll be on borrowed time with me again. Kind of decided he’s an all right manager, not great but not terrible. Since the Leibherr takeover I’d put him below Koeman, Pochettino and probably Adkins, but ahead of the Hughes Pelegríno dross. Not sure if he’d be above Puel, probably very similar. Obviously the quality of players has a big factor in this list.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:40 - Apr 5 with 820 viewsgrumpy

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 19:31 - Apr 5 by Kennington

Ralph was on thin ice with me a month ago. Three key wins later and he’s again turning things around, which is credit to him. That run though of losses really was very poor and any more rugby score thrashings and he’ll be on borrowed time with me again. Kind of decided he’s an all right manager, not great but not terrible. Since the Leibherr takeover I’d put him below Koeman, Pochettino and probably Adkins, but ahead of the Hughes Pelegríno dross. Not sure if he’d be above Puel, probably very similar. Obviously the quality of players has a big factor in this list.

I think Ralph needs someone with him that can improve our defending..
Bertrand and Walker-Peters are great going forward not so in defence.
We have two excellent centre halves but no one anywhere as good to cover them in defence.
Salisu looks promising.
Foster is a very good keeper, McCarthy on his day is good but someone needs to have a word with him about is distribution.
Injuries to key players have played a major part in our bad form lately and its good to hear the club are looking into improving facilities to concentrate on this.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 20:42]
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 21:04 - Apr 5 with 802 viewsBicester_North

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 19:31 - Apr 5 by Kennington

You have to bear in mind the squads the manager have at their disposal.

I agree Koeman is the best and Pochettino obviously a very good coach but Pochettino had Shaw, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren in defence, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Steven Davis ,Lallana in midfield, Lambert at his premier league best up front, plus the injuries were never as bad as we’ve experienced this season.

The players of real quality Ralph has had are KWP, Vestergaard (this season) in defence, JWP, Romeu and Armstrong in midfield consistently, and Ings up front, and they’ve missed a lot of games between them.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 21:35 - Apr 5 with 774 viewsSaintNick

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 18:25 - Apr 5 by Butty101

So when we took 1 point from the last 12 league games and he barely changed tactics - i would say yeah he has no plan B.

When we went through our poor run, we had no plan B because we usually had the bare 11 plus if we were lucky one experienced outfield player on the bench and then just kids, how are you meant to change tactics when you have no options other than throwing on kids who have barely played a game.

In the past few games we have had options and started to get results again

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 21:40 - Apr 5 with 770 viewsSaintNick

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 10:02 - Apr 5 by dirk_doone

Actually, Nick, Leicester do have the finances, which is why they are doing so well. Getting Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his son as owners was the best thing that ever happened to Leicester.

Apparently, Leicester's 1997 League Cup Final was the first football match in this country Vichai went to and after that he became a fan. So, when they became available in 2010, he bought them.

You are right though, you have to be very lucky to get a billionaire owner who wants to buy success for his team.

Let's hope there's a billionaire football fan, looking for a team to support, watching us win at Wembley this year.

You can see from this table that although we have received similar amounts in transfer fees, Leicester spend a lot more on buying players than we do. Tielemans cost them more than £40 million.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 10:24]

According to your link Dirk Leicester have a net spend of £22 million per season, that is hardly a massive investment from the owners, especially when you look at the revenue they have got from winning the Premier League and a Champions League campaign.

Net spend tables can distort the picture, newly promoted clubs suddenly have a big influx of cash and spend some of it

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 22:07 - Apr 5 with 752 viewsTripleNiemi

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 18:12 - Apr 5 by Ingskneeslide

I love a good old fashioned mongboard double down. Jaysaint started the thread by calling for RH’s head 28 minutes into a match we would go on to win, he’s now tacitly defending the reign of Mark Hughes; another few pages and I reckon he’ll be saying Branfoot was right to drop MLT.

We do have a fair number of plums in the fanbase nowadays (fcuk knows how some would have survived the relegation years)......bloody embarassment.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 18:39 - Apr 12 with 596 viewsJaySaint

More trash from our man.
Getting totally outdone by BFS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024