Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a question 12:40 - Jun 23 with 1470 viewsA1079

Just a question for those in the know.

I have never been a season ticket holder because of the outlay financially but I have (until Covid) always been a membership card holder. Does anyone know if the club intend to restart membership this close season in readiness for the next? Despite my underlying pessimism for next season I am still hoping to go to some games - mostly away because of my location - with a few home games (assuming of course there are no restrictions - which no one knows whether it will be the case or not).
Just a question on 14:26 - Jun 23 with 1420 viewssaintwizzler

Whereabouts do you live?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Just a question on 18:55 - Jun 23 with 1315 viewskingslandstand1

Just a question on 14:26 - Jun 23 by saintwizzler

Whereabouts do you live?

I think the moniker is a clue with a road name, but in answer to A1079s q, I'd suggest trying to phone the club thiugh I'd guess you won't get a definitive answer just now
Just a question on 22:21 - Jun 23 with 1235 viewsA1079

Just a question on 14:26 - Jun 23 by saintwizzler

Whereabouts do you live?

East Yorkshire Saintwizzler. 14 miles east of York in a place called Pocklington. I am Hampshire born and bred though and will have been up here 20 years next April. All my family still live in Basingstoke and Southampton itself.

Thank you for asking.
Just a question on 22:24 - Jun 23 with 1233 viewsA1079

Just a question on 18:55 - Jun 23 by kingslandstand1

I think the moniker is a clue with a road name, but in answer to A1079s q, I'd suggest trying to phone the club thiugh I'd guess you won't get a definitive answer just now

Thanks Kingslandstand. I did write to them/message them about 3 weeks ago and not heard anything so far. You are probably right, it is probably way too soon, though previous experience even during "normal" times they have been slow with the membership issue. But, may be I should wait until mid July.

Appreciate your response.
Just a question on 07:03 - Jun 24 with 1188 viewssaintwizzler

Just a question on 18:55 - Jun 23 by kingslandstand1

Sorry my A roads knowledge isn’t up to yours!!
I’ll leave it. Was going to help but fûck it.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Just a question on 09:13 - Jun 24 with 1138 viewssaints__fan__73

Why do you want to buy a membership? It is nothing more than a con from the club and you are paying £20-40 quid for a 1p piece of plastic.

Even before COVID every single game went to general sale so as long as you had a customer number for the on-line system you could log on and buy a seat(s) even for when the big boys come to town.

Post Covid, demand for people wanting tickets is going to fall even further so it's unlikely that many/if any games will actually sell out.

Keep the money for a membership in your pocket and not Chairman Gao's/Fat Kat's and just buy tickets to whichever games you want to attend when they go on general sale.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 9:15]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Just a question on 09:26 - Jun 24 with 1117 viewsKennington

Membership was a good option when tickets were harder to get but they really became pointless. Last time I got membership was for the Inter Milan away game. Not sure it was even needed for that though.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Just a question on 09:43 - Jun 24 with 1099 viewsdwayne_dibley

Did you know that the male toilets at the San Siro Stadium do not have toilet paper in the cubicles. At least not in the end Saints fans were using.

Deep joy

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Login to get fewer ads

Just a question on 09:49 - Jun 24 with 1083 viewsDellHero_Would

Just a question on 09:43 - Jun 24 by dwayne_dibley

Did you know that the male toilets at the San Siro Stadium do not have toilet paper in the cubicles. At least not in the end Saints fans were using.

Deep joy

One hand for eating the other for your arris. The system is practiced in many parts of the world with great success 👍

Poll: Wearing a mask

Just a question on 10:07 - Jun 24 with 1069 viewsSaintNick

Just a question on 09:13 - Jun 24 by saints__fan__73

Why do you want to buy a membership? It is nothing more than a con from the club and you are paying £20-40 quid for a 1p piece of plastic.

Even before COVID every single game went to general sale so as long as you had a customer number for the on-line system you could log on and buy a seat(s) even for when the big boys come to town.

Post Covid, demand for people wanting tickets is going to fall even further so it's unlikely that many/if any games will actually sell out.

Keep the money for a membership in your pocket and not Chairman Gao's/Fat Kat's and just buy tickets to whichever games you want to attend when they go on general sale.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 9:15]

The saddest thing about Saints is the number os supporters who like to spread misinformation around about those running the club in order to create an aura of negativity about the club.

This is not standing up for Saints at all, I actually agree that the membership scheme is a waste of time whilst we are not selling out games and will only come into play should we get into a cup final, but to suggest paying the £20 would merely be lining and i quote "Chairman Gao's/Fat Kat's pockets" is just plain misleading.

The accounts are readily available, I suggest that you now prove your comments by producing the evidence, either put up or shut up !

If Gao had wanted to get back any of his investment then he wouldn't have bothered with a few thousand £20 membership fees, he would have pocketed the £15 million or so from the sale of Hojbjerg or the £6 million for Harrison Reed.

I dont mind people slagging off the club, but I do mind when it is just plain b*llsh*t.

Prove me wrong and Ill apologise otherwise I have well and truly got your measure

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Just a question on 10:48 - Jun 24 with 1032 viewssaints__fan__73

Just a question on 10:07 - Jun 24 by SaintNick

The saddest thing about Saints is the number os supporters who like to spread misinformation around about those running the club in order to create an aura of negativity about the club.

This is not standing up for Saints at all, I actually agree that the membership scheme is a waste of time whilst we are not selling out games and will only come into play should we get into a cup final, but to suggest paying the £20 would merely be lining and i quote "Chairman Gao's/Fat Kat's pockets" is just plain misleading.

The accounts are readily available, I suggest that you now prove your comments by producing the evidence, either put up or shut up !

If Gao had wanted to get back any of his investment then he wouldn't have bothered with a few thousand £20 membership fees, he would have pocketed the £15 million or so from the sale of Hojbjerg or the £6 million for Harrison Reed.

I dont mind people slagging off the club, but I do mind when it is just plain b*llsh*t.

Prove me wrong and Ill apologise otherwise I have well and truly got your measure

You seem to be getting worse as you get older Nick. Is there a little light that goes off in your office when someone says something negative about the club on here? And when it does you don your Superhero cape (one of Kat's old XXXXL blouses) and spring into action as Companyman.

The point I was making was not about Gao and Fat Kat taking money out of the club, but about how utterly worthless club membership is. You may as well just pay £40 into the holding company that they own which runs the club.

Thinking of it, you probably think this is a good thing to do as last season you were inanely encouraging fans to buy replica kits they don't need just to do their bit.....

Just a question on 11:01 - Jun 24 with 1016 viewsKennington

Just a question on 10:07 - Jun 24 by SaintNick

It is lining their pocket though? As they are the owners and if (hopefully when) they sell there’ll get their money. Appreciate £20 won’t really make any difference but you add all these little income streams up and eventually it becomes something of note for our Chinese overlord. The club get 5000 people to cough up £20, then that’s £100k. Appreciate there’ll be tax on that but still that’s a crate or two of some really high end rare whiskey or whatever Gao likes to drink. The genius of the membership scheme is the only cost is a plastic card and some management of a database; it’s basically printing money.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 11:02]

Just a question on 11:35 - Jun 24 with 989 viewsSaintNick

Just a question on 11:01 - Jun 24 by Kennington

It is lining their pocket though? As they are the owners and if (hopefully when) they sell there’ll get their money. Appreciate £20 won’t really make any difference but you add all these little income streams up and eventually it becomes something of note for our Chinese overlord. The club get 5000 people to cough up £20, then that’s £100k. Appreciate there’ll be tax on that but still that’s a crate or two of some really high end rare whiskey or whatever Gao likes to drink. The genius of the membership scheme is the only cost is a plastic card and some management of a database; it’s basically printing money.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 11:02]

It isnt lining their pockets as they arent taking any money out, so it is being used to run the club and fund transfers etc, so indirectly the more money the fans put in and the more can invest in players etc and move up the league and then there will be more potential buyers interested.

It is a vicious circle, the clubs were the fans turn out every week and support the team have a better chance of success, those that desert the clubs risk seeing the team and club decline. Gao cant put money in due to the chinese government, but any owner would want to see that the support is there from the fans and the potential to milk that support

Money from owners put in is always a loan, in football these days it is the fans who have to back the club for not just ticket revenue but also increased advertising and sponsorship revenue.
Most Premier League clubs get between £120 - £140 million from the Premier League & TV pot so those like sf73 who cannot grasp the situation, rant on about the premier League riches, but truthfully the money isnt that much of an advantage it is all about outside revenue, if we like Liverpool had hundreds of thousands of fans around the globe paying for membership and buying merchandise then we could compete with the top 6. Whilst we cant fill our own ground then we are on a slippery slope.

A man in the USA who pays Liverpool £25 for membership and is not likely to see a game just get updates and 10% off the shirt is doing so as he sees it as supporting the club.

Those like sf73 see it as lining the pockets of the owners, that attitude has to change otherwise we are finished as club at Premier League level, dragged down by those like sf73 who glibly speak of Fatkat and Gao out

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Just a question on 12:20 - Jun 24 with 941 viewssaints__fan__73

Just a question on 11:35 - Jun 24 by SaintNick

It isnt lining their pockets as they arent taking any money out, so it is being used to run the club and fund transfers etc, so indirectly the more money the fans put in and the more can invest in players etc and move up the league and then there will be more potential buyers interested.

It is a vicious circle, the clubs were the fans turn out every week and support the team have a better chance of success, those that desert the clubs risk seeing the team and club decline. Gao cant put money in due to the chinese government, but any owner would want to see that the support is there from the fans and the potential to milk that support

Money from owners put in is always a loan, in football these days it is the fans who have to back the club for not just ticket revenue but also increased advertising and sponsorship revenue.
Most Premier League clubs get between £120 - £140 million from the Premier League & TV pot so those like sf73 who cannot grasp the situation, rant on about the premier League riches, but truthfully the money isnt that much of an advantage it is all about outside revenue, if we like Liverpool had hundreds of thousands of fans around the globe paying for membership and buying merchandise then we could compete with the top 6. Whilst we cant fill our own ground then we are on a slippery slope.

A man in the USA who pays Liverpool £25 for membership and is not likely to see a game just get updates and 10% off the shirt is doing so as he sees it as supporting the club.

Those like sf73 see it as lining the pockets of the owners, that attitude has to change otherwise we are finished as club at Premier League level, dragged down by those like sf73 who glibly speak of Fatkat and Gao out

Gao cant put money in due to the chinese government - Corrected for accuracy - Gao can't put money in due to not having any money (hence the reason the club was purchased using personal loans.

As always Nick you manage to drag things around to your 80s way of football thought. The reason why the big clubs have more revenue has very little to do with how much fans in foreign climbs spend on merchandise or pointless memberships, it is related to the huge sponsorship deals these clubs get.

As an example:

Man Utd: £50m per season from their shirt sponsor (which would equate to 2.5m fans buying a £20 membership.)

and

Man Utd £75m a year from wearing kit manufactured by Adidas (or another 3.75m fans buying a £20 membership)

So that's about £125m extra revenue they get more than us to spend on transfer EVERY single season. (without fans in any country dipping into their pockets directly).

Sadly, you've got things arse about face. You can only get these sort of deals from being one of the big boys, you can't get these sort of deals in order to become one of the big boys.

It's laughably quaint that you think if fans go out and buy a few replica shirts it can help us move up the football food chain, but it's also f'kin mental.

Just a question on 12:24 - Jun 24 with 936 viewsButty101

How do you know for sure that Gao has never taken a penny out of the club. The accounts dont go into that level of detail. As Gao and Nelly are directors they could both easily be receiving a 7 figure salary and you wont know.

From the most accounts accounts
Employees
Group staff costs, including directors' remuneration, were as follows:
Wages and salaries 100,107
Social security costs 13,491

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Just a question on 13:07 - Jun 24 with 912 viewsPaleRider

Just a question on 12:24 - Jun 24 by Butty101

How do you know for sure that Gao has never taken a penny out of the club. The accounts dont go into that level of detail. As Gao and Nelly are directors they could both easily be receiving a 7 figure salary and you wont know.

From the most accounts accounts
Employees
Group staff costs, including directors' remuneration, were as follows:
Wages and salaries 100,107
Social security costs 13,491

FYI - the figures Butty quotes are in £'000's - so it's £100million for wages and salaries. They could also take the money out as management fees but this should show as a related party transaction.

The accounts also tell you whether they have injected any money - either through debt or equity. I've not looked at the accounts recently but as far as I remember there has been no cash inflow from the Gao's in this respect.

So about the one thing that is clear is that they have not put money into the club (even before the Chinese government's restrictions). Does this make them bad owners? Not necessarily but then I'm not sure it makes them good owners either.

If people want to protest then can I suggest that fans adopt the Hong Kong flag as a symbol. It's red and white and, as well as sending a moral message, would be something of an embarrassment to Chinese owners!
Just a question on 13:13 - Jun 24 with 904 viewsKennington

It is lining their pockets. Just like if you put £20 memberships on offer for UI super fans. So say you got 5 members to cough up £20. You’ll have £100 sitting in your account. Now just because you’ve not withdrawn it doesn’t mean your metaphorical pocket hasn’t been lined as it would have. And your assets will have increased by £100.

Just a question on 15:28 - Jun 24 with 819 viewsA1079

You know that feeling when you think you are asking a perfectly innocent question only to belatedly realise that by doing so you have inadvertently started world war 3!
Just a question on 15:44 - Jun 24 with 807 viewsdwayne_dibley

Just a question on 15:28 - Jun 24 by A1079

You know that feeling when you think you are asking a perfectly innocent question only to belatedly realise that by doing so you have inadvertently started world war 3!

like talking to the wench sometimes

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Just a question on 21:31 - Jun 24 with 700 viewsTimSaint

Just a question on 15:28 - Jun 24 by A1079

WW3 ? .......and there was me thinking you not only purchased your membership card to support the club, but to give you a better chance of getting tickets - particularly for northern away games !! :-)

TimSaint

Just a question on 22:23 - Jun 24 with 662 viewsSaintsforeverj

The Liverpool "supporter" in the USA, is a glory hunting weasle, who doesn't know the meaning of the word "supporter", other than parading around Texas, Florida or LA in his glory hunting 10 % off shirt, just like those who parade around Lands End, thinking "look at me I support a good team but have never watched them in my life. I could have chosen to buy a Burnley membership and Burnley shirt but wouldn't get so much attention as I want people to think I support a good team thousands of miles away".

If Southampton invested in the team, we might get a few more supporters from the USA buying memberships. Liverpool won things first, invested in their team first and then the supporters came, it's that way round.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 22:32]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024